August 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Bronzers - TheBalm - Bahama Mama

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best bronzer I have ever used ! Love the balm and would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by celcab

I was deciding between this and Benefit's Hoola for my first contour product but after swatching Hoola on my NC42 skin it was a clear decision, Hoola blended right into my skin.

This is fairly affordable and it's such a great product. It's not orange at all and it even has a teensy bity of grey to it. It's matte but it's got a faint healthy sheen on it so you can use it as a bronzer and a contour (I even use it as and eyeshadow an eyebrow powder). It's pigmented so you don't have to put much effort to make it show up but you don't have to worry if you're lighter as it's blendable.

This is my first theBalm product and it makes me want more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this contour because a friend of mine loves thebalm products. She recommended Bahama mama :)
This product is very very pigmented. You have to have a light hand when you use this. I wouldn't have used this as a bronzer on my NC30 skintone because its too dark.... But I think this would be a really nice on boys and girls with NC40 and darker skintones.
This product is more of a true brown than the Too Faced chocolate soleil bronzer... Which has a tiny bit of red. But lighter in colour and less reddish than the NARS casino. This is less shimmery than the NARS Laguna and less orange/yellow than the benefit hoola bronzer.
This is in my top 5 contouring powders.
This was $25 cdn in certain london drugs in Canada... But I got it at 30% off.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by LorettaBellxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful bronzer. Have to have a light hand for it though!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like most reviewers here, I bought this to contour with. I'm NC20. Fairly neutral and lighter in winter. This is NOT my HG for contouring.

While this is touted as cool-toned and not orange, its still a bronzer - a very BROWN bronzer. Shadows are gray - not brown.

Aside from color, It is VERY pigmented and somewhat hard to blend (EDIT: bought a nicer brush and that helped a TON!!!) It takes a VERY light hand.

I think as an actual BRONZER - it is great. I like it on my forehead. It is a very accurate color of a tan - that's why I said I would buy it again. I like that it doesn't have shimmer. It is slightly too dark for me in winter - looks great in summer when I'm darker or trying to fake a tan face to match my tanned body.

Love the package. TheBalm makes super cute packaging that are still sleek.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by aneezy

I returned Too Faced Chocolate Soleil because the color is similar to NYC sunny, which is too orange for my yellow undertone. Bahama mama is $20 cheaper (from Amazon) than Too Faced chocolate soleil and it is perfect for my asian skin tone. It really gives that depth/illusion when i contour my cheek. Bahama mama is a cool tone bronzer and its not muddy at all; I never really like the warm orangey "bronze" look on me. No shimmer, no smell, and super pigmented. I literally only tap my brush against it and it produces enough color on my cheek.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

This is a good product for contouring. It's a neutral matte brown. I guess the original price is a bit much, but it's often on sale at HauteLook and similar deals sites. I got mine for $10 and you do get a lot of product so I feel like that's a good deal. Especially since this is SO PIGMENTED I don't think I'll ever ever use it up!

If you have super fair skin like me, this is not the HG product it would probably be for medium or dark skin tones, but it's still totally usable and does look natural for contouring as long as you use a VERY light hand. Like, lighter hand than you have ever used before, lol. I'm amazed at the color payoff here.

Learning to work with this and am pleased overall! I rated it highly because i think it's a great and high quality product, but if you're quite fair you may have to play around with it a bit to get the effect you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by d61rlz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Love this bronzer/contouring powder so much! it beats the benefit hoola which i thought hoola is more pricey i guessed i should get better experience with hoola.. the color is super pigmented so a little goes a long way.. it is very dark for people with fair skin, but you can tap off the excess for less dark.. for me (who is around NC 20-25) i don't mind.. well, every positive side there must be a negative side.. first, they are super powdery! even you dab only once, the excess is everywhere! Second thing, the packaging.. i hate they have magnetic closing system, which can lead bacteria/mold grows in it.. i have the frat boy blush, and it has mold! ewww~ and it happened to my naked color from naked palette too! i've never had this kind of exp with my other palette/blush.. idk if it just me or the packaging system considering i live in a tropical humid country..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by ggalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG bronzer. Perfect contour shade, blends out nicely and doesn't fade quickly. I don't care for the packaging since I keep it in its original sleeve and have to take it out every day. Price is kinda high but worth it for the amount of product. Beats Nars Laguna and TooFaced Chocolate bronzer for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

I feel like I got a dud one. I bought this bronzer specifically because the reviews said it was a cool matte and quite dark bronzer that would be good for contouring but maybe a bit too muddy for bronzer,and that it had to be used with a light hand. And that is exactly why i bought it, I was looking for a contouring shade that would allow me to play around with the darkness of the contour. I was slightly disappointed when even after heavily swirling my contour brush in the product, it showed up to an ok level for contouring and did not allow for a darker contour. I am not even that dark, I am NC20. So even though I get a nice shade for contouring (a tad on the light side for my liking but still wearable), I definitely do not go light handed with this. This can also be seen as a good thing in that I can never overdo my contouring and look like a clown. So pros and cons for me. I wouldnt buy it again because I want to find a contour product that allows me to build the darkness if I want to. This wasnt it but I will still use it up anyway.