Jane Iredale Handi Brush

4.9

Not tested on animals

This brush will change your life, I swear. Use it with every powder, every foundation, just everything. Makes your powders look absolutely flawless on your skin. I've had mine for about three years, it still looks and works the exact same as when I first bought it. Washes beautifully, feels wonderful, and I can honestly say that I won't buy it again because I most likely won't need to! Best brush in the history of the world.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this brush about 7-8 years ago, when I first bought my first pure pressed base. Sadly, Jane Iredale has started to break me out, so I only use the base sporadically.

Overall, this is a very good quality brush. It washes wonderfully and is still in good condition, even after all these years. I use it for buffing out my foundation and on special occasions, for highlighting or light blush. The handle is v solid and a shorter length, so it is easy to control. The bristles are very soft, and the top is flat. Yes, it is a kabuki brush, and because it is so soft, it buffs the product more gradually. I have watched and carefully followed the Iredale videos, and still can't get a finish similar to what I see on the screen.

It is a very dense, brush, w a head that is about two inches in diameter. When I wash it, I usually need to use the cleanser at least twice to get all of the makeup out. And, I rinse it for quite some time to ensure that it is soap free before I dry it.

If you do decide to purchase it, it is really important that you use a VERY LIGHT hand to apply whatever cosmetic with which you plan to use it. The brush is so dense and so wide, it really holds and applies a lot of product. It is really easy to overdue it w this brush if you don't watch it.

When I purchased this brush, I really did not know much about makeup brushes. Since that time, so many more options have emerged. I really think a lesser brush will do the trick in place of this brush. E.L.F. and Sonia Kashuk each has a flat top buffing brush; each is v good. I know there are good, less expensive kabuki brushes out there as well. Yes, this is a good brush. However it is a v pricy one and has limited utility. If I had to do it over again, I would not repurchase.

on 3/28/2012 8:11:00 PM

The Handi brush is fantastic for applying the JI Pressed Powder and the powder seems to have quite a good grip on the hairs.

Love how soft it is also!

on 1/17/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This brush is fantastic for the Jane Iredale pressed foundation. I had numerous brushes, so I read all of the reviews here before I purchased one from Skin 1.com. I am blown away!!! Yes, it's worth the price. Nothing compares to this - It's astonishing how beautifully it applies foundation - you'll toss all other buki-type brushes!

on 12/31/2011 4:46:00 AM

Works excellently with the pressed powder from the same brand. Face powder goes on smoothly and evenly - no streaks, no clumping. Really great size for those who do a lot of traveling, and it comes with a nice case too.

on 11/25/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The best flat top brush I've ever used. Compared to the flat top brushes I tried: Sonia Kashuk, ELF and Eco Tools.

Jane Iredale's can be pricey, but this has the softest bristles, I have sensitive skin and this is perfect. Last me a longer time than the other brushes I mentioned. It applies powder evenly, and definitely will buy again if my brush give up on me. :) Pricey bu worth the try / purchase.

on 11/10/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

A great brush and definitely a must when it comes to applying the Jane Iredale foundation.

It is a pleasure to use this brush because it is so soft . When I am using this brush I'm able to get enough coverage without the dreaded chalky and unnatural look.

Will buy again!

on 9/29/2011 7:08:00 PM

This is expensive but it works wonders! When I went to try out JI PurePressed Base compact at the spa, the beautician put it on me using the this brush, and my face looked flawless instantly. My intention was to get the compact so I didnít pay much attention to the brush thinking that my kabuki brush at home should do the same job. So I bought the compact home and when I first put it on the next morning, I looked awful. The result was just not on par with what I saw the day before in the spa. The first thought came into my mind was the brush. So I purchased the brush the next day, then voila, everything turned out perfect since. It is very soft and feel very nice on the face. I also like that it is shorter and smaller in size comparing to other foundation brushes out there, thus easy to bring with me everywhere. The brush comes with a transparent plastic pouch which makes travelling much easier. If you are using powder foundation, this brush is a must!

on 8/26/2011 12:53:00 PM

thanks to this review board, I, too now love this brush... I already had a youngblood brush that looks similar and I was happy with. But this one is a bit superior. It is a tad softer on my face and it holds the mineral makeup well.! The container is where I store it which helps keep its shape. You don't want this to fan out too much.

on 8/14/2011 3:32:00 PM

Great brush! Bought it when I first bought the Jane Iredale Pressed Powder. Great quality and applies powder perfectly. Definitely worth investing in a good brush!

Top Rated Jane Iredale Products