November 27, 2014 | 1051 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy Skin Protectant Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Lives up to its claim of changing extremely dry skin! For anyone who has tried this and thought it was greasy or didnt absorb, the skin they used it on was probably not extremely dry. The box makes a comment saying this product is okay for dry skin, but is really recommended for extremly dry skin. When I use it on my extra dry feet, they soak it up and get soft right away. When I use this on my arms and hands which are not as dry, it can take up to 30 minutes for the lotion to fully absorb where its not sticky in texture. Im okay with it taking a while to asorb because I know its for extra dry skin. My favorite time to use this is at night before bed, and in the morning after a shower. Its so concentrated I only use a nickel size amount for my ankles to my upper thigh. This lotion claims to dramatically change dry skin after 5 days, and it does! Just like the commercial where they give people a week with this, and everyone loves it in the end. When I used it every night on my legs for the first week, I could feel and see improvement. I dont have scaly legs to the point they flake, but up close I do have dry skin scales, especially near the knee area. This stuff hydrated my skin, and works a significant amount better than Vaseline's intensive lotion which I also love. This is just a stronger formula of their regular intensive lotion. Next to vaseline, or a a body butter, if you want something to make your hands and feet powdery soft when you wake up, use this inside of gloves, alone, or with socks. The lightly fragranced scent is very light, and kind to those of us with fragrance allergies. The scent is almost beachy/suntan oilish to me, but in a good way. I dont have any irritation when I use this after shaving, I actually prefer to use this one after shaving vs my other hg lotions. Its a decent price for the amount you get I guess (6.8 oz) so its around $1 an ounce. I hope they come out with both a larger bottle with a pump, and a purse sized one. Even though the bottle is kind of big, its flattish in shape so it will fit in a medium size purse. Like a reviewier below me stated, they put this in a box to get it noticed, because it is different and better for drier skin types than other lotions out there. Def worth getting a sample or purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Ateilu

Unlike some of the previous reviewers here, I am NOT a lotion junkie. In fact, I've never been bothered to put lotion on my body after a shower, even though I have dry skin. I don't like having difficulty putting on clothes because the lotion is making my clothes cling to my skin. But my eczema has gotten worse over the years (probably because of my lack of moisturizing), so I've been trying to find a good body lotion.

This is my favorite lotion that I've tried so far.
- non-greasy -- no more clinging clothes!
- really moisturizing -- my skin feels immediately softer
- non-irritating -- interestingly, plain Vaseline, Heal & Repair balm, and the Creamy formula makes my flared up eczema spots really itchy.

A few cons, though:
- I need a lot of product. My skins absorbs this super fast, but my skin actually does feel like it's being moisturized rather than just being greased up.
- the bottle is small, so if I use this frequently, I'll go through it really quickly
- it's not that cheap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great non-greasy lotion for my very sensitive skin. It's helped the eczema on my hands and elbows as well. I use this after shaving my legs to help with razor burn, it's great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by product_junkie6

My mom and I were both allergic to this for some reason. It made my skin red, and she broke out in itchy red bumps. No idea what ingredient it would be that we're allergic to though...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by manderly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a bit surprised by this lotion. I received a sample size in the goody bag I got from a recent Target opening, and I tossed it in my medicine drawer, as yet another little lotion tube for me to forget.

I am a lotion junkie. I think I have about 10 different types of lotions in various spots in my house right now. I don't think I've ever finished off an entire bottle of lotion, and I certainly never run out before purchasing another one. And I NEVER buy the same lotion twice.

Well, I grabbed some aspirin last night and I had just finished doing the dishes when I spotted the little sample bottle in my medicine drawer, so I smoothed some on. It was a strange texture, very light and non-greasy. It feels like it's one of those runny lotions that absorb into a whole lotta nothing and you'll be left with dry skin. My hands, arms, and elbows are now soft and kind of powdery feeling, not sticky or greasy. Very nice.

When I popped onto MUA and started browsing the recent reviews, I saw this one and did a double take on the mini bottle I had. When I realized it was the same one, I figured I should post about it since it was different enough for me to take notice.

I'm not sure what the cost is since I got a free sample of it. I haven't tried it on my legs and I'm not sure if I'd like it for that application because I like to have a heavier, "shinier" looking lotion on my freshly shaved legs, but for everything else this seems really nice. I will probably get a bottle of this next time I wander into the lotion section, and keep my Palmer's Cocoa Butter for my legs :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Xarina

Hands down one of the best lotions I have used. It's not super creamy and there is practically no scent (just go for unfragranced) but it definitely keeps skin soft & protected. Say bye bye to dry skin! After coming back home from college I knew I was gonna have to start getting down on my hands and knees cleaning my bedroom & bathroom. My hands always become dry and irritated the first few weeks I'm back home. Using this lotion has helped A LOT. Also doesn't need to be used as often as other lotions to keep the moisture locked in so don't worry about size (I always loved the big big bottles of lotion). Definitely gonna continue buying when I run out! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 8:27:00 AM More reviews by tadpole02

I would consider myself somewhat of a lotion "junky", and I love this lotion. It sinks in really well and fast, no waiting forever to put your clothes on here! And the most important part about any lotion...it works! It keeps my skin very soft and smooth, works great on hands and dry feet, also. The bottle is not pretty, but who cares? The fragrance is not the best, but not bad and seems to fade rather quickly on me. It would be nice if the company would play up some different scents, but still I will continue to buy because IT WORKS!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by rustythecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this, it smoothes and moisturizes. The way the bottle is design is kinda funky, but not a deal breaker. I notice on me if I use to much it will get sticky. But otherwise great stuff.
Edit: Stopped using all petroleum products including this. Use only organic Jojoba Oil or virgin coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Glam1

The best lotion for dry hands or skin. Try it ,you will love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by lvmom24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the best! Beats expensive products hands down. I recommend this stuff to everyone, even when I am in the lotion aisles at the store!

I would be in heaven if they came out with a self tanning/spf version!!!