April 24, 2014 | 1874 users online

Deodorants - Drysol - Dab-on Antiperspirant

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by povertyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi there! So i had a problem with excessive perspiration since like grade 5.. It was so bad.. I had to wear gross baggy shirts which material didnt show wetness much.. Yeah it was that bad.. I was very insecure and felt like crap all the time.. So i googled stuff for excessive sweating and came across drysol reviews and went out and got it otc for about 20 bucks.. Since then.. I've been able to wear sexy tops and it totally changed my life! After just one application! so I've used the stuff less than 15 times in the past 7 years. When i get a wave of heat i sweat sometimes still. Not too much though.

Update:

March 31/2014

Hi guys so it's been a while since I first reviewed this product. My sweating is still totally under control. I love drysol. But when I have a coat on and a sweater or shirt on underneath I still sweat a bit but oh well. And I can't really wear short sleeved t shirts that are tight on my armpits because I will sweat. No matter how much drysol I use, it doesn't stop the perspiration 100%, but I'm fine with that. :]

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by krystalc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Back in highschool I had very bad anxiety (and raging hormones) that caused me to sweat... a lot. It would start the second I started walking to school and wouldn't quit until I got home. It was absolutely horrible and caused even more anxiety that made me sweat even more! Drysol stopped the sweating but I'm not sure the discomfort was even worth it. It itched, it burned, my armpits were constantly bright red and irritated, and it ATE A HOLE in my pajama shirts even if I used a blowdryer to dry it first. Now, five years later, I don't have problems with sweating at all, and I honestly would not recommend Drysol to anyone other than those with the worst sweating ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

I have had botox under my arms for hyperhydrosis and it cost me $1000 !!!!!!! this product is a very close second. The only reason i rated a 4 is bc it ITCHES LIKE A MOFO!!!!! like grab a fork and scrape your pits!!! Even after using a blowdryer. If i ever have a random thousand bucks hangin around ill b getin the botox!!!!!!! If you are sweaty in the pits, i do recomend giving this a try. BTW its located at the pharmacy behind the counter so u gotta ask the pharmacist.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by calgaryjjj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Have suffered for years with wet underarms. Couldnt wear certain shirts, couldnt lift my arms. My normal clothing always included a undershirt, and then between my underarm and undershirt was paper towels which i changed on a regular basis. Tried every anti perspirant
out there, none worked. Then I read about Drysol, and figured what the heck it cant hurt. I applied it as instructed at night , to clean dry armpits, there was a small irritation but it went away. I am Amazed at this stuff!! I wake up in the morning , hit the gym, shower, and apply a small amount of deoderant. Before I couldnt wear certain colors cause of the pit stains I was always weary of lifting my arms. Now I wear whatever I want . light or dark and no wetness at all. If you suffer from any of this change your life and try this Stuff. It really Really works.
It is so nice not having to worry about unsightly pit stain ever ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

Only thing that works for me and I've tried everything from all drugstore products, certain dri, etc., and even went to an internist (who clearly didn't understand the heartache people with hyperhidrosis go through, but that's another story!) for special-made deodorant.
You do not need a prescription in the US, if you order from a company like westcoastskin.com
It may seem a little pricey, but the bottle lasts forever and over time you may find like I have, that you need to use it less frequently to maintain control over your sweat. I do wish it came in a roll-on bottle or something, as the dab-on applicator can kinda be inconvenient. But hey, it works like a charm!
If I ever feel a little itchy after it's dried, I just put on a thin layer of my favorite regular deodorant to help soothe it a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My dermatologist prescribed me this since i have hyperhydrosis. I was told to apply this to clean, dry armpits - and to use a hairdryer to blowdry my pits if need be. Then apply the Drysol and put plastic wrap over it and socks in my pits to hold it there close to the body. This method is too annoying for me. I now just apply it & then blowdry it dry to reduce irritation/itching. I find the itching it causes when i don't blow dry it will keep me awake. It's really annoying. To eradicate perspiration you need to apply this several times a week. Initially it usually cause irritation & redness for me. It's also recommended to do this on not recently shaved areas - so don't shave the day you use it. Besides it being a multi-step product, it still is awesome and I should try to use it more. I do recommend it, as it works better than any antiperspirant you can buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is so cool! all you need to do is dab it on areas where you want to stop perspiration and bam...no more sweat! It's best to do this after a shower and before you go to bed. it does tend to get a lil itchy but nothing too unbearable..just don't scratch. i love this so much! I'm sweat-proof just in time for summer! ohhh, to get this in the US you have to have a prescription but if you live in canada you can just pick it up at your local drugstore or walmart, no prescription needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lovebird403

OMG drysol thanks so much! Im 14, and sweating has been a problem for about 3 years for me. I live in Canada, but even when it was -30* celsius outside in the winter, I'd be sweating up a storm. Drysol keeps my underarms nice and dry and free of pit stains!

The only complaint I have about drysol is that it itches like a bitch! However, it is well worth it, with a remedy. If you moisturize your underarms (right after applying drysol & letting it dry) with STRAIGHT petroleum jelly, the itching never happens! it's absolutely great :)

Before drysol, i had tried secretr clinical strength, degree clinical strength, lady spee stick clinical strength, PerspireX, Mitchum, Certain Dry, and multiple guy's products. Nothing worked, and I wasted SOOOOO much money, so Perspirex has been great :)

The price is amazing, considering the fact that you can buy 25 bottles for the price of ONE botox treatment that would only stop sweating for 6 months :)

Good luck trying to stop your sweating, and I HOPE DRYSOL WORKS FOR YOU!!! :) <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mimii071

OMG this stuff works soooooooo good! I'm kinda mad that i wasted my money on all the other antiperspirants out there ughh, but it helps A LOT with excessive sweating so it definitely DOES NOT disappoint.

Money well spent:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by PartnerInCrime

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would die if I didn't have this. My doctor recommended it to me when I complained about the big nasty wet stains I'd have under my arms. I've been using it for about three years now on and off. I use it at night about two times a week and wash it off in the morning. It sucks that you can't shave before you use this, because it gets so irritated but it's not a big deal to me when it works so well. I've tried "prescription strength" Ban and Secret, but neither of them work anywhere near to as well as this.
I'll be buying this for the rest of my life. My (well, my parents) insurance gives us a few dollars off if I get a prescription for it and one bottle lasts FOREVER. I still have to use a regular antipersperaint deodorant in between, but this completely gets rid of any stains whatsoever.