September 23, 2014 | 1758 users online

Deodorants - Drysol - Dab-on Antiperspirant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My dermatologist prescribed me this since i have hyperhydrosis. I was told to apply this to clean, dry armpits - and to use a hairdryer to blowdry my pits if need be. Then apply the Drysol and put plastic wrap over it and socks in my pits to hold it there close to the body. This method is too annoying for me. I now just apply it & then blowdry it dry to reduce irritation/itching. I find the itching it causes when i don't blow dry it will keep me awake. It's really annoying. To eradicate perspiration you need to apply this several times a week. Initially it usually cause irritation & redness for me. It's also recommended to do this on not recently shaved areas - so don't shave the day you use it. Besides it being a multi-step product, it still is awesome and I should try to use it more. I do recommend it, as it works better than any antiperspirant you can buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lovebird403

OMG drysol thanks so much! Im 14, and sweating has been a problem for about 3 years for me. I live in Canada, but even when it was -30* celsius outside in the winter, I'd be sweating up a storm. Drysol keeps my underarms nice and dry and free of pit stains!

The only complaint I have about drysol is that it itches like a bitch! However, it is well worth it, with a remedy. If you moisturize your underarms (right after applying drysol & letting it dry) with STRAIGHT petroleum jelly, the itching never happens! it's absolutely great :)

Before drysol, i had tried secretr clinical strength, degree clinical strength, lady spee stick clinical strength, PerspireX, Mitchum, Certain Dry, and multiple guy's products. Nothing worked, and I wasted SOOOOO much money, so Perspirex has been great :)

The price is amazing, considering the fact that you can buy 25 bottles for the price of ONE botox treatment that would only stop sweating for 6 months :)

Good luck trying to stop your sweating, and I HOPE DRYSOL WORKS FOR YOU!!! :) <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mimii071

OMG this stuff works soooooooo good! I'm kinda mad that i wasted my money on all the other antiperspirants out there ughh, but it helps A LOT with excessive sweating so it definitely DOES NOT disappoint.

Money well spent:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by victoriarw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I could NOT live without this stuff. I absolutely love it! In 7th grade, I went to my doctor and she originally told me to use Certain Dri. It didn't work AT ALL for me. So I went back, and she recommended Drysol. This product has saved my life! Ever since my first application, my underarms have been bone dry, and I love it! But beware, never put this on right after shaving, IT WILL STING LIKE CRAZY. Also, don't put too much on (only dab it on your armpit once), otherwise it will sting really badly too.
All in all, that product is my savior. I honestly couldn't live without it. And I will ALWAYS be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by dmcgeo1

Throughout highschool and my freshman year of college, I had issues with sweating through my shirts. This was VERY embarassing. Finally, as a sophomore in college I went to the doctors and they gave me a perscription for this (I think you can by it over the counter now). This stuff is amazing. I used this for quite some time and got wonderful results. It did dry out my armpits when I first began using it. You apply it at night and I found it difficult to wear any clothing that would rub on my arms when I used it. However, it was worth it because I seriosly did not sweat at all (at least from my under arms) after using this. Ten years laters, I can use regular deoderant and still do not have problems with excessive under arm sweating. This is worth it if you have extreme sweating problems. I'd highly recommend. If you sweat a normal amount I'd try using one of the clinical strength deoderants by Dove or Secret. The drying effects are not as extreme... but then again neither are the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by foreverlipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow!!! A friend told me about this stuff! I am like all the other reviewers, always had sweaty pits( no oder) ruined clothes..ect... But this stopped it completely! I have itched like crazy...pretty severe but either I got use to it or something changed because it doesnt itch like anymore! I got it in perscription so not sure the cost but as I just read you can get it at the pharmacy! :) IF YOU SWEAT UNDER YOUR PITS.....DO THIS!!!! ...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely the best. I have tried so many products since I was a teenager and nothing worked. I got teased as a 12 year old about sweat stains and have been self-conscious ever since. This really and truly does eliminate the problem completely. I wish I had found it a long time ago but have it now and will never switch to anything else. I can now wear any clothes I want to and feel confident that I will stay dry - and bone dry at that. I can work out and sweat all over my body but not under my arms. It completely controls odor for me as well so I don't even need another product for that. It is worth every penny.

I have found that dabbing it on as the directions suggest is the best way to prevent itching and irritation. I have used Maxim and Certain Dri as well and not only didn't they work but caused so much painful itching that I had to stop using them. This is totally different. Yes, there is a bit of minor itching at night but after you shower in the morning and stay dry ALL DAY you quickly forget any discomfort. I don't use the saran wrap when I put it on. Just dab, let it dry and put on an old t-shirt to sleep.

For anyone who has suffered through the embarrassment of wet underarms give this a try. It will save you tons because you won't be ruining clothes. The improvement in my self esteem has been enormous and that is not an exaggeration. Try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by thaileen

This stuff has literally saved my life.. I didnt have the most severe case of hyperhidrosis , but it was still really bad.. I wouldn't even be able to wear certain shirts because I would always have sweat stains under my arms in a matter of minutes. That meant no tight or colorful shirts! All my shirts were either really baggy, or sleeveless. I used to use a dove deodorant which never ever helped reduce sweat , and it didn't control odour for very long either, so I switched to a secret clinical one and that one was at least reliable with odor control. I heard of the certain dri deodorant being awesome and actually stopped people from sweating, so I went to target in search for it but I could only find this drysol. It was $25 for such a small bottle, but I was pretty desperate so I grabbed it. This was honestly so worth the money, I bought it about a month ago and have only had to apply it about 5 times. It literally stops the sweating. I dont have to worry about what shirts I wear or be self conscious about smelling :) The one downside? When I put it on it itches more than anything.. I feel like I could scratch my armpits for hours and the itch will continue. It's the kind of itch that makes you want to rip your skin off, at least that's my experience. You're supposed to put it on before bed, so if I'm lucky enough to fall asleep with the intense itch, I feel fine the next morning. But to only go through that once or twice a week is worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by drysol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used about 5 bottles now (I use quite a lot as I use them on a few areas of my body)
For those who are complaining about the burning and itching, I find that applying baby powder or cooling powder is very effective in remedying that. I have tried snake brand cooling powder and Johnson's baby powder. Snake brand is more effective in my opinion. Also, follow what other users or experts generally say, I.e. do not apply when skin is damaged or wet and such. People who do not have it generally do not see the extend of the problem and cannot empathise sufferers. Do stay strong and be positive. I am sorry if this didn't help you, I've given everything I know. Do still try other methods as I know it can get frustrating when methods fail again and again. Lastly, best of luck to your quest to stop hyperhidrosis!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am thrilled with how great Drysol works! The main ingredient is 20% aluminum chloride, which is even stronger than any drugstore clinical strength, over-the-counter antiperspirant. My primary physician wrote me a prescription, but I believe you can also buy on-line. The whole key with clinical strength antiperspirants is to apply at night, and not shave the day of application. Drysol has a neat little sponge-tip applicator, which makes over-application very hard. You only need the smallest dabs. I can usually leave the product on at night for about 3-4 hours (which is recommended), and then I'll wash it off, or I will get a rash. Some days I don't even think to use an extra deoderant/antiperspirant in the morning, that's how well Drysol works! When I start to sweat again about every 5 days, then I will use Drysol again at night.