September 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Eyes - Ardell - Duralash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 10:49:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

no matter how much i practice, i cant get a hold of placing these on properly...ive been able to get them on once and they looked great but since then, forget it. i dont have the patience, they dont keep shape if i use tweezers to put them in place, even if i use a light grip. they twist when i put them on and they drive me nuts.. wanted to love these but its not worth the time for me.....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I do NOT have the patience to apply these individual flares...they look stupid on me, it takes forever to apply them, they place all crooked, and I just hate them. The MU artist who suggested these is out of his frickin' mind...Forget it, I'll never put myself through this agony again. I gladly RAOk'ed these to a nice MUA'er who obviously has much more patience and dexterity than I will ever have...Give me MAC lashes and I'll be a very happy gal...I am convinced that every lady who uses these and likes them must have oodles of time each day to stand in front of the mirror and fuss with her lashes...I do not. I take 10-15 minutes to get ready (that's with the shower) most days...glamming up for an evening takes 20...I need strip lashes, not this individual clump crap that makes me want to scream in utter frustration...eesh....!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by RedheadDior

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this before as directed with lash tite glue. They looked great but the glue was way too harsh for my lashes. I always lost way more lashes then I would have not using Duralash. No matter how careful I was or how gently I slept I was always shocked by the lashes that had to fall out. Then I remember my friend telling me she loves Duralash and wears them all the time. I asked why/how? she said she used regular glue on the lid not on the lashes! Duh, yeah that would work. It did, with the dark lash adhesive they look naturally dramatic depending on how you use them. The long ones are really long and really dramatic. The short add fullness and very natural, only better. I think the Medium length ones are perfect, though I own a set of each to create different effects. I could probably get 5 or more uses from each pack which is ok, I get about that much with strip lashes or maybe more. hmmm...well, anyway try them, better than shelling out 20-30 bucks on mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never been much into false eyelashes, but I have tried the strip kind occasionally for a special night on the town. They are a nightmare to get placed right. The other day I was watching something on E! where a makeup artist was getting someone ready for an awards show, and he was putting the individual lashes on her. Her eyes looked fantastic, so as any true beauty-obsessed woman, I rushed out to buy some new eyelashes.

I went to Sally's and found the Ardell Duralash Naturals, and I bought both the Flare Long Black and the Flare Short Black. They were out of the LashTite adhesive, and the woman who worked there tried to tell me that the strip adhesive would work just as well. Thank goodness I didn't believe her! I wanted my lashes to have staying power, not peel off like the strips. However, I did buy the LashFree Remover.

I picked up some Andrea Permalash Adhesive at the K-Mart next door and came home to get working on my eyes. I used the long variety, as I had planned for an evening out. I was amazed at how easy they were to apply! The instructions said to work from the inner corner out, but I had better luck going from the outer corner in. My lashes looked beautiful last night, and I certainly didn't have to worry about them peeling off.

This morning, the long variety looked way too drastic without having my evening makeup on, so I opted to remove them and replace them with the short lashes. The LashFree worked great getting them off! The reapplication of the short lashes was very easy. My eyes look AWESOME!!! This is more dramatic than my natural lashes, but not too severe for work. They are very pretty and soft and natural looking.

I would DEFINITELY recommend these. LOVE THEM!!!

***UPDATE 10/9/07***
This are truly terrific. I didn't realize that these came in so many varieties! They come with knots, without knots, flared, unflared, long, short, medium, combo...wow. And you can get all kinds of glue. I have used clear and dark LashTite and clear Mod PermaLash. I find the PermaLash works best and lasts longest. This is strange,because I think PermaLash and LashTite are made by the same company and are supposed to be the same formula. I am getting so good at the application process! I used about 15-20 short flares per eye in the beginning, but now I am only doing 9 short flares with some (about 5) individuals(non-flared) to fill in gaps and add some length in the outer corners. This is a very natural look for me, and no one can tell I'm wearing falsies. You can do so many things with the individual lashes and create so many different looks for daytime, evening, and those extra-special events. I hate mascara, so these are a GREAT find. If you haven't tried them, go pick some up and play around! They're so fun and pretty, and I love them more every day I wear them.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by roxannasears

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I began using these as an alternitive to getting the $$$ extentions at a med spa and let me tell you, for the price I did not go wrong. As long as you don't rub your eyes and avoid that area when towel drying your face, these can stay on me about 2 1/2 - 4 1/2 weeks! I actually wore a set for over a month! After about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks I usually have to replace a couple every once in a while, but I can get away without starting over for a long time!

My one complant is the fact that these are really hard on my eyelashes, no matter what I do, when I use the Lash Free I end up using a lot of lashes. Every two months or so, I have to stop using them and let my lashes grow back! The Lash Free really burns if you get it in your eye too - nasty stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by leflyingolive

Awesome product! I have asian eyelashes, and am currently using the short duralashes 3/4 of the way down my eyes. They look fantastic-although they take a little time to get used to applying, the end results are wonderful. I recommend the dark glue-the clear glue looks white and is clearly visible when it dries.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by StaceyPritchett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried Ardell Duralash Naturals individual eyelashes in short black and Naturals flares combo pack in black. I preferred the individual eyelashes to the flares because the single lashes gave me more flexibility, while the flares looked more doll like since my lashes are very curly and long. I used the Lash Tite adhesive once in clear. I didn't really like the clear glue because when it dried it would look like dandruff on my lashes, but that was probably because I used too much the first time. The dark glue just looked better when I was done with the lashes.
It took me two days to master the application process. Once I got the hang of it, I could apply them within 15-30 minutes. I found that if I put them on from the bottom, instead of putting them on top of my lashes, I could put them on alot easier. I also used a toothpick to put the lashes where I wanted them to sit, because it wouldn't stick to the toothpick like it stuck to the tweezers when I used them to move them around. The lashes don't stay on for 4-5 weeks, but they did last a week and a half without me having to start over again with a new set.
The price is great! I mean for what I pay for these lashes and glue ( about seven dollars) , I could buy my favorite mascara (which I don't have to use anymore!). They are definitely alot cheaper than eyelash extensions. And believe it or not, it takes me more time, by the time I have applied a few thousand coats, to get the same effect with mascara. All in all, it is worth the price and no one could tell that I had on false lashes! Not even my mom could tell; she thought that I was just using a new mascara.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2007 1:59:00 AM More reviews by a_la_gamine

I'm really liking these. I have short, wimpy, stick-straight Asian eyelashes and every morning it takes me about 10 minutes to go through the process of curling them and applying mascara, and even then they don't look dramatic so I still have to add false eyelashes at night. These permanent individual eyelashes give me the most gorgeous-looking, long, doll-like eyelashes ever -- although they last nowhere near the supposed 3-4 weeks that the box claims. I usually do my touch-ups every 3-4 days or so. Even so, they're still way less time-consuming than my old mascara + curler routine. Another problem is that I can't rub my eyes with these on. This is a good thing most of the time, because I used to always be pretty hard on my eye area and probably ensured myself a lot of pre-mature wrinkles by the time I hit 25. On the other hand, it's also really really annoying in the shower when water gets into my eye and I can't wipe it away.

They're also very easy to use once you get the hang of it. So, overall, I love these and will continue using them, but they're not for everyone. If you have wimpy eyelashes, like a dramatic look, and hate spending time on your eyelashes in the morning, then these may be for you. If you're normally a low-maintenance girl and/or you already have really long, thick, curly eyelashes, then you'll probably get very exasperated with these.

Medium flare black:

continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2006 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lemma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using these for years and am probably officially addicted to them. Even though I have dark brown hair and nearly black eyelashes, I find that the browns look much more natural: the black ones seem to have thicker hairs or something, and they end up getting scrunched more if I sleep on them. In years of using these, I've never even had anyone ask if they were fake!

The one tip I have that I haven't seen anywhere else is that before I apply these I wash my face well and use baby shampoo on my eyelashes. This removes all the oil around my eye area, which would otherwise keep the glue from adhering.

For some reason I do this backward from everyone else, and apply from the outer edge inward. I do this because getting the very edge of my eye is the most important part, and sometimes if I start from the inside the spacing ends up coming out uneven at the edge. If I'm going out or something, I'll even glue two clumps next to each other, let that glue dry, and then put that at the very outer edge -- it makes the lashes extend a little bit beyond my eye, which I find has a great effect. (If you do this, don't expect them to stay on very well, however, since they don't have as much to adhere to.) I'll use about six of the mediums, then use three or four shorts near the middle of my eye. On me, anything near the inner corner looks funny, so I just stop a bit past the middle.

I agree with blondeambitioned that the LashTite adhesive isn't very good: it's runny when wet, crunchy when dry, and it stings! I've had some success with pouring a drop out and letting it dry for a minute or two before I even dip the lashes into it, but usually I just use the regular Duo adhesive. It only keeps the lashes on for a few days, but it's much easier to use and won't rip your real lashes out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

It's rare when I find something others rave about on Productville that doesn't work for me, but these really, really did not work for me. In fact, they put me in eyelash hell. I bought these based on recommendations, since I'm somewhat of a false eyelash junkie and Ardell has always had quality products. The idea of affordable eyelash extensions had me floored. Of course, when my boyfriend saw me pick these up, he protested loudly that I should not wear false eyelashes. Thus came the test of whether these would look natural enough to fool my boyfriend.

I used the short black ones, applied these starting in the middle moving outward, and tried to space them apart far enough so my eyelashes didn't look too bushy, and close enough so that they didn't look weird. Applying them was much harder than I had anticipated, especially since the LashTite that I bought with the eyelashes was too liquidy and didn't seem to set well at all. Some of the eyelashes shifted directions when I blinked, and when they set they just looked out of place and weird.

Everything looked ok when they dried, but they felt scratchy since these seem to be made out of some rough synthetic material and not human hair like other Ardell extensions. This made them very uncomfortable and scratchy. To add to the low comfort factor, you can't rub your eyes AT ALL when you wear these (they bend the extensions out of shape, may yank your own eyelashes out - OUCH - and may cause some extensions to fall out). Not rubbing your eyes sounds doable until you're in the shower and water splashes in your face, and you have no other choice. Water also clings to the fake eyelashes more than your real ones, causing more water than normal to get in your eyes.

The next morning, I woke to find patches of eyelashes that I had applied that were missing. 4-6 weeks? Try 4-6 days. I haven't had these more than 2 weeks and all of them, even the ones I've reapplied, are gone. Oh yeah, and trying to re-apply lashes when you're in a hurry to get to work so you don't look like a freak with clumpy eyelashes - not fun.

And the damage this does to your natural eyelashes? Think about what the damage glued-in hair extensions does to your natural hair. I have clumped-up eyelashes and sparse patches from where some eyelashes were pulled out. The only reason I gave this product 2 lippies instead of 1 is that this would apply nicely as temporary falsies (with some Duo glue, not that awful LashTite).

Bottom line? If you want lash extensions, you get what you pay for. Get them professionally done - and stay away, far away, from this product. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No