John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse

3.9

WATER, ISOBUTANE, VP/METHACRYLAMIDE/VINYL IMIDAZOLE COPOLYMER, POLYQUATERNIUM-46, PANTHENOL, PROPANE, LAURETH-3, COCOTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE, CETEARETH-25, BENZOPHENONE-4, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So far, the only acceptable volumizing mousse I have come across. No crunchiness/dryness/lack of movement/tangles with this. However, my hair is extremely difficult... it is quite glossy, but that also means that nothing freakin' sticks. My hair is poker straight and it won't go any other shape. This mousse lifts it a tiny bit for a few hour but not much... But I will take what I can get because my hair is impossible to texturize without making it into a sticky mess first.

I am on the fence about whether I would buy this again. Probably yes, because my hair just needs that little boost. But my hair usually looks it's best a day after washing, with a little dry shampoo in it.

The day after I used this stuff I badly needed to wash my hair again because it had gotten very greasy, normally I can go one day without washing, but this time dry shampoo wouldn't have cut it.

So I guess this makes my limp hair just a tiny bit less limp and I will have to settle for that for now, since I haven't found a better product (and I have seriously tried a lot!)

Edit 7 April 2012: Scratch that. Not buying it again, this does nothing for me. I thought it did but then I saw a picture of myself where I had used it, and my hair looked just as limp if not limper than normal. Maybe if you blowdry this will be better but I am simply too lazy for that... A stciking with dry shampoo for volumising from now on/ This stuff makes my hair really greasy after a few hours.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fair Warning: I am about to hoarde this product. Kerastase will not be getting $35. per can from me any more! I would not abandon it because it really was the best around - good volume, lasting hold, soft and imperceptible to the touch. I tried to find substitutes for years but finally, finally came up with this. It performs exactly as well as Kerastase for $7.50.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wasn't that impressed with this product but using this on one side of my head and the super cheap Garnier volumizing mousse sealed the deal for me.

Save your money and go get the $2.50 Garnier one. They both have the same mostly disappointing results. Although it doesn't have the cheap fruity smell of Garnier.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Good product, not the best. But great for lifting and creating volume at the roots. Great for long hair as it gives body and great texture, but doesn't all all day/night. Maybe my hair is heavy, not too sure but it's still worth trying. $15 AUD is affordable for the results you can achieve. Would use it again but hopefully I do find something better.

I use this mousse after I wash my hair and I massage a bit on the crown of my roots and blow dry my hair upside down. It gives my crown a good (but natural) boost, otherwise, my hair is pretty flat. The volume usually goes down by the 2nd or so day.

Bad point was that I had about 1/4 or less left in the bottle and one day when I tried to pump the mousse out, it was all watery and wouldn't form. I had to throw it out.

I really liked the last bottle I had, but I recently re-purchased and I am not liking this mousse. It comes out a little watery and weighs my hair down. It's better than not using anything on my fine/thin/oily/straight hair, but that's not saying a whole lot. I wonder if they reformulated this recently, or perhaps I got a bad bottle...

I don't like this mousse at all. It makes my hair very greasy and it doesn't make my hair 'big' at all... I used it several times, but it just doens't work for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This mousse is awesome. I have long hair that is pretty thick, but lacks volume. With towel dried hair I put a dollop of it in my hand, and work it into my roots. I blow dry, and my hair it full, and bouncy. You should give this product a try!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Can't really say too much bad about it, but I can't say anything good either! Short version is it did nothing to my hair in small amounts and made it crispy in large amounts. Tried it in many different ways and didn't get the smallest boost of lift from this mousse. Boooooo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am giving this product a 4 because although it is pretty good, it is not perfect. I really like how it thickens my hair, I apply this mostly to the roots and it gives me a good lift. I did put it all over my hair down to the ends and it did dry out my hair. I would definately use this as a root lift, not an all over mousse. It is a bit heavy and I can see how it can wear some peoples hair down but I think its a lot better than a lot of other mousse's.

Popular Styling Products