April 19, 2014 | 1708 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by pink1913

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mousse is awesome. I have long hair that is pretty thick, but lacks volume. With towel dried hair I put a dollop of it in my hand, and work it into my roots. I blow dry, and my hair it full, and bouncy. You should give this product a try!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Can't really say too much bad about it, but I can't say anything good either! Short version is it did nothing to my hair in small amounts and made it crispy in large amounts. Tried it in many different ways and didn't get the smallest boost of lift from this mousse. Boooooo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am giving this product a 4 because although it is pretty good, it is not perfect. I really like how it thickens my hair, I apply this mostly to the roots and it gives me a good lift. I did put it all over my hair down to the ends and it did dry out my hair. I would definately use this as a root lift, not an all over mousse. It is a bit heavy and I can see how it can wear some peoples hair down but I think its a lot better than a lot of other mousse's.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by kmdigian

This didn't give me WOW volume but it did leave my hair with a "fluffy" feeling and texture, very soft. I have med-thick hair and it does tend to be heavy. I don't use the shampoo b/c it contains sulfates which are not that good for your hair. I used the Loreal Sulfate free Bodify shampool w/ the luxurious conditioner, and then the volume mousse. Mousse isn't sticky which I like and easy to work through my hair. Smells good too. A little goes a long way and I probably will purchase again but sure didn't give me super voluminous hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really great volumising mousse. I bought it after having layers put in my baby fine, thin long hair, and didn't think the mousse would work as well as it did.

On wet hair I 'rake' the mousse through, paying particular attention to the roots, then blow dry on a high speed with a Kent brush. My hair looks twice as thick, very healthy and very bouncy. It also helps if you flip your head upside down while blow drying the crown/ back.

Would really recommend. Try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by kristymcn92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was pretty impressed with this volumizing mousse. I had gotten my hair done at a salon previously where my hairdresser used some expensive high-end mousse that was amazing and when I went home to my drugstore brands I was worried it wouldn't be nearly as good. However, I was very wrong, this mousse worked very well, was very light and gave my thin hair lots of volume and bounce. It was just as good as the high-end brand my hairdresser used. I love how bouncy my hair is now and love to play with it all the time :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Smells great and has a luxurious, fluffy texture, but it's just meh as a volumizing mousse, not better or worse than any other mousse I've tried. I have long, straight, healthy virgin hair with normal texture--not fine enough for it to 'puff up' easily but not so much of it that it's dense enough on its own. I've found that Bumble & Bumble's Surf Spray is actually much better at giving me lots of volume (that lasts into the next day) than anything else I've tried. I probably won't repurchase this John Frieda stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Due to the amazing reviews I thought I'd try this out :) I have stick-straight fine hair and this product allows me to have an immense amount of volume! I got it for less than $5 also! I did combine this with Tresamme's 24 hour body root lifter, but I know this is what made the big difference because I have used the root lifter on it's own and it did nothing. Overall, pretty packaging, great results, reasonable price. I'd buy it again in an instant.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by GMF

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

DESCRIPTION OF MY HAIR: Dark, thin, naturally straight, soft. Without product, my hair is flat flat flat!

I LOOOOOOOOVE THIS PRODUCT! It's cheap and it's in pretty packaging but most of all, when i use this product, I would describe my hair as bouncy, full and thick! :D It left my hair soft and didn't have any flakes, even when I brushed my hair afterward.

At first, it didn't work, but that was because after I took a shower, I didn't blow dry. I just left it in my hair till my whole head of hair dried by itself.

NOTE: when using this product. Use it on wet hair and you must blow dry or it won't work!

I straighten my hair after, and the volume doesn't go away. It has staying power too, if you feel your hair fall flat, then just put your fingers under the hair on top of your head and push up. And it stays!

The John Frieda Luxurious Volume hairspray is amazing too!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

This is the best volumizing mousse I've ever tried. Leaves my hair full and bouncy and never weights it down or makes it stringy and waxy. I'm on a second bottle of this stuff. Great find!