John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse

3.9

WATER, ISOBUTANE, VP/METHACRYLAMIDE/VINYL IMIDAZOLE COPOLYMER, POLYQUATERNIUM-46, PANTHENOL, PROPANE, LAURETH-3, COCOTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE, CETEARETH-25, BENZOPHENONE-4, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE

on 1/25/2012 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fair Warning: I am about to hoarde this product. Kerastase will not be getting $35. per can from me any more! I would not abandon it because it really was the best around - good volume, lasting hold, soft and imperceptible to the touch. I tried to find substitutes for years but finally, finally came up with this. It performs exactly as well as Kerastase for $7.50.

on 10/22/2011 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wasn't that impressed with this product but using this on one side of my head and the super cheap Garnier volumizing mousse sealed the deal for me.

Save your money and go get the $2.50 Garnier one. They both have the same mostly disappointing results. Although it doesn't have the cheap fruity smell of Garnier.

on 6/28/2011 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Good product, not the best. But great for lifting and creating volume at the roots. Great for long hair as it gives body and great texture, but doesn't all all day/night. Maybe my hair is heavy, not too sure but it's still worth trying. $15 AUD is affordable for the results you can achieve. Would use it again but hopefully I do find something better.

on 4/20/2011 8:19:00 AM

I use this mousse after I wash my hair and I massage a bit on the crown of my roots and blow dry my hair upside down. It gives my crown a good (but natural) boost, otherwise, my hair is pretty flat. The volume usually goes down by the 2nd or so day.

Bad point was that I had about 1/4 or less left in the bottle and one day when I tried to pump the mousse out, it was all watery and wouldn't form. I had to throw it out.

on 3/30/2011 10:12:00 PM

I really liked the last bottle I had, but I recently re-purchased and I am not liking this mousse. It comes out a little watery and weighs my hair down. It's better than not using anything on my fine/thin/oily/straight hair, but that's not saying a whole lot. I wonder if they reformulated this recently, or perhaps I got a bad bottle...

on 2/19/2011 11:16:00 AM

I don't like this mousse at all. It makes my hair very greasy and it doesn't make my hair 'big' at all... I used it several times, but it just doens't work for me.

on 12/29/2010 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This mousse is awesome. I have long hair that is pretty thick, but lacks volume. With towel dried hair I put a dollop of it in my hand, and work it into my roots. I blow dry, and my hair it full, and bouncy. You should give this product a try!!

on 11/20/2010 9:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Can't really say too much bad about it, but I can't say anything good either! Short version is it did nothing to my hair in small amounts and made it crispy in large amounts. Tried it in many different ways and didn't get the smallest boost of lift from this mousse. Boooooo.

on 11/1/2010 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am giving this product a 4 because although it is pretty good, it is not perfect. I really like how it thickens my hair, I apply this mostly to the roots and it gives me a good lift. I did put it all over my hair down to the ends and it did dry out my hair. I would definately use this as a root lift, not an all over mousse. It is a bit heavy and I can see how it can wear some peoples hair down but I think its a lot better than a lot of other mousse's.

on 8/17/2010 11:41:00 AM

This didn't give me WOW volume but it did leave my hair with a "fluffy" feeling and texture, very soft. I have med-thick hair and it does tend to be heavy. I don't use the shampoo b/c it contains sulfates which are not that good for your hair. I used the Loreal Sulfate free Bodify shampool w/ the luxurious conditioner, and then the volume mousse. Mousse isn't sticky which I like and easy to work through my hair. Smells good too. A little goes a long way and I probably will purchase again but sure didn't give me super voluminous hair.