October 2, 2014 | 1385 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Maybelline The Hypercurl Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by alexis007low

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever used. It is affordable, long lasting, made with high quality, available at many stores and quite waterproof. It brightens my eyes even with only one coat as it lengthens my lashes and gives me more volumes. The blackest black shade may not be as dark as I desired but I am fine with it. I have one now in my cosmetic bag which comes in blackest brown. I chose this shade because I wanna achieve natural yet glamour look. It stays on my lashes from day to the moment before I removed the make up. It did fall a little bit when my eyelids got oily in the afternoon but it doesn't bother much because it is not noticeable unless someone gets very close to my face. The packaging is quite nice and I love it. The price is affordable, only about RM30 which lasts me about 3 months if I applied it often.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Audryna21

My fave mascara for 3 years now, and am now on my 5th I think. I use this everytime I need to go out, even with very light makeup.

I do curl my lashes before using this.

Pros:
- curled wand really makes application easy
- does make my asian lashes look thicker and longer
- cheap!!

Cons:
- although it's name is "hypercurl" - it does nothing to curl your lashes. I needed to curl my lashes first before applying mascara.
- product starts to thicken (in the tube) after a few months, where you get tiny tiny clumps on your lashes. But you can easily remediate this by gently running a cotton swab across the lashes and it picks up the clumps and voila!

I'm a loyal client to this product. I've just bought Covergirl Lash perfect mascara as I've been good reviews. But in case I don't find CG up to par, I'll definitely go back to my trusty MB hypercurl mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

this is my first mascara EVER! i used to love it till i found the cat eyes, the applier is soo much better (for me, since some ppl said otherwise) although i really like how it does what it says! which is "hypercurl"

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by naicha

I would give this 3.5 stars if I could. When I first bought it, I hated it - the formula was really thin and did absolutely nothing for my lashes. Hoping that it would thicken over time, I left it untouched for a couple of weeks and ta-da, when I pulled it back out the formula had dried out a little, leaving me with really nice fluttery lashes after one coat. That being said, any attempt to layer this mascara to get even thicker lashes only resulted in the opposite - two coats made them look clumped together and feeling quite stiff. So while I do think this is a decent mascara once it has dried out a little, there are others that I decidedly prefer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by prettyfuschia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Cute packaging! I wish I didn't throw it and just keep the empty tube. This mascara is just simply curl your lashes without makes them fuller nor longer..if you don't want dramatical effect, this is for you, and because the formula is very thin/light it didn't smudge on my eyelid

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by abby119

Wow, I'm surprised by some of the bad reviews here! I read these after I bought the mascara so I was pretty anxious to wear it out. Well, I did and here's the review.
I originally got this mascara because it was...
1. Cheap
2. Good packaging - thin container makes it easier to put into handbags, clutches (i have prom coming up!)
3. I needed to buy a mascara quick for prom.

The wand is great. It combs out and separates lashes at the same time. However, it does deposit too much product onto my eyes. I'm sure it won't do that when it dries up a bit.
I read that it ran within 3 hours of application.
BULLPOOP. I wore it for the whole day in school. I have super super oily lids, I did sports AND I took a 4 hour nap before cleaning my make up.
I don't usually write long reviews but I think this mascara needs to be defended and deserved fair judgement!
tada

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Tested on my thick, long droopy lashes:

Volume: none
Curl: none
Staying power: none

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by balletpink

Lots of girls in Asia love this mascara so I wanted to give it a try. I had to purchase this mascara online because it was no longer available in the US. I paid between $10-15usd after shipping.

After finishing the tube I would say this is an ok mascara. It does a nice job volumizing, has a convenient curved brush, and cute pink and black packaging.

It did however give me light panda eyes after a few hours and I didn't really see a curling difference versus a regular non curling mascara. I still used a curler before and after applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! It's cheap- like 250 pesos here in the Philippines. Plus, it's waterproof, does not flake and the wand makes application easy! Even if it is waterproof, it easily washes off with soap and water. It doesn't smear even if I don't use a primer on my eye area. Definitely value for my money! Heck, I like this compared to Maybelline's colossal mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by snowwhitte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have straight downwards lashes, so I definitely have to curl my lashes prior to applying the mascara. It does not hold the curl on the first coating, my lashes wilt immediately. I need to wait them dry, re-curl my lashes (just crimp them on the tips) and apply the second coating. The curl can stay for 4 hours. I dont see the purpose of hypercurl as printed on the tube, it works just the same with the other maybeline volume express turbo boost.