Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 5/31/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this and fell in love, however... I then got the Giorgio Armani Luminous silk foundation... That instantly became my favorite in seconds. I prefer a slightly glowy look, and MUFE isn't, it's more satin. Which is fine. But it just makes it slightly less amazing than the GA one. This one isn't as expensive though. It last amazingly on the skin,my makeup still looks on point at the end of the night. Between my eyebrows most foundations break up, this one and the luminous silk don't. Honestly this is just flat out a great foundation. nothing bad to say about the actual foundation however for a high end foundation, I was expecting the packaging to be a lot nicer. For a professional makeup company, it doesn't even come close to the Giorgio Armani one. Now that one looks amazing. I think it would work for all skin types, unlike the GA one. For oily skin I definitely would suggest a matifying primer just so you don't get oily, as I have normal skin (right now) and it is fine on me without anything but powder.

on 5/30/2015 9:42:00 PM

Really do love this stuff! It is used on SO many TV show sets.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!****
This has NOT been announced yet but in august(unless they push it up which I hope they do) this foundation is getting REFORMULATED (2015) don't say I didn't warn you ;)

I have heard the new one is amazing from a friend who tried it.

on 5/30/2015 8:31:00 PM

This is the worst foundation ! Broke me out terribly, still recovering from pimples after 2 weeks ...Not for sensitive skin .

on 5/27/2015 11:26:00 PM

I have bought this foundation over and over again. It works really well for my skin. I tend to only wear this in the cooler months, because it does not have any SPF. The consistency is very water based making it very smooth and easy to apply.

on 5/26/2015 9:25:00 AM

This foundation speaks for itself. It will photograph beautifully in natural lighting but in real life it's just mediocre. I like that the packaging comes with a pump and that the foundation is easy to blend. The coverage is medium, it takes a lot of product for it to be full coverage. I still get oily and the foundation doesn't have great staying power. I would only use this foundation if I knew I was going to be photographed. In my opinion, not worth it for the price. You're better off finding a full coverage foundation that also photographs well.

on 5/25/2015 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I believe this is a pretty good foundation. My reason is it is buildable. Why? If you feel like you want to go on one application for natural look, you can do it. If you want to cover yourself, apply layers of it. It does not clump as long as you moisturize (a good canvas is a must). I saw one comment that says it is very yellow foundation. You must have got the foundation that has a yellow undertone in it (I am an N128 <== Neutral color in HD foundation). The Foundation has a wide variety of colors. They have the Pink Undertone, Yellow undertone, and Neutral undertone groups of foundation. Overall, it is not heavy on the face, and is capable of natural sheer look to heavy cover ups (very buildable foundation).

on 5/20/2015 11:16:00 PM

I get why this could be a good foundation for some people but if you need coverage this isn't good. If you need light coverage to none you may like this but for me it covers nothing I have acne scars and it's not like it's hard to cover because I use to always wear a cheap cover girl foundation, this product just has no coverage and it sucks for dry skin clings to everything . I also got matched for a bad color I think otherwise the foundation is very yellow .

on 5/20/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really found this just ok. it applies very watery. it was .light but coverage. its annoying because i have no idea what shade i bought because theres no indication on the bottle. the one i got was verrry orange though. it was nice and lightweight though.

Edit: I realise that at the bottom of the bottle it says N123. so i think I got this in the shade desert.

on 5/18/2015 4:43:00 PM

First of all, I'd like to say that I love foundation - especially "medium" to high-end ones. I have oily skin with a dry forehead and had high hopes for this foundation.

Pros:
Packaging/ w/ a pump.
It is very matte.
Doesn't take a lot of product for good coverage.

Cons:
YES, it might be very matte however it is not oil resistant nor does it stay in place (even in combination with their Finishing Powder!). It literally slid off my face after about 3 hours.
It feels cakey and thick.
It looks cakey and thick.
It broke me out despite it being "non-comedogenic".
It deoxidises and turned my pink based shade into an orange one.
The product highlighted my dry patches and made them significantly worse.

on 5/18/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is a natural finish and sits well on my dry skin, not clinging to patches or anything. It genuinely looks like my skin.

Good option for natural looking, light-medium coverage.

For color help, my shade in MUFE HD Foundation is Sand, N125, and I'm NW25 in MAC Pro Longwear.