December 22, 2014 | 1776 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Right off the bat let me say this is my HOLY GRAIL foundation. I picked mine up at Sephora for $54.00 Canadian. This foundation has some ups and some downs depending on what you want out of a product. I was looking for a light weight foundation with some coverage and staying power, the staying power was ok, I found I had to blot the first day after 4 hours, but with my Urban Decay All Nighter spray this makeup stays on ALL night, no powder needed. I found the coverage to be medium but build-able. All in all, this is an amazing foundation if your looking for a light weight feel and a medium-full coverage. Defiantly will be repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Scalata

I wore last night & really liked the way it felt smooth on my skin. I did blot my face after 2hrs but I didn't mind, plus the make up didn't budge.
I decided to try it again during the day time. Complete different story now. My face feels itchy & greasy. It is very uncomfortable. I wore it for 6hrs & I had to reapply to make get the oil under control.

Would not recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by MarianneC1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It went on cakey and patchy even after I cleansed and moisturized. I didn't want to believe it so I put it on four different times even with the primer and loose powder it didn't float my boat . I prefer most of my other foundations. I wish I had not thrown away the boxes now I'm stuck with it lol

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by hebedros

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although the color was PERFECT (150), application a breeze, and I loved the look and lightweight feel, it took about two weeks for me to realize that this was breaking me out. At first only a few small bumps, but then I kept getting more, without any other changes in my regimen. So now I'm back to my former foundation - Urban Decay Naked Skin - and my skin is going back to normal.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Ambercarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this foundation SO bad. I was in between shades (go figure!) so I purchased 2 colors that I blended accordingly. The coverage was lovely, but unfortunately after a couple of hours slid right off. I have oily skin, perhaps this is why. This foundation also gave me a terrible breakout. Additionally, while I love the pump, the bottle must be BEYOND delicate, because one bottle actually shattered on the inside (that inner layer of glass inside) so there were pieces of broken plastic or glass floating around inside, after 1 trip traveling with it in my hard make-up case. On my other bottle, where the pump meets the bottle also broke and just fell into itself. When I contacted them via the link on their website, I never received a response. I even sent three more emails to customer service- nothing. I'm totally disappointed. It was expensive, broke me out, and physically broke so I couldn't even return it (not that they even responded to me) or give it away to a friend. I also purchased the hd powder (which I gave away, it broke me out SO BAD). Super bummer. Over a $100.00 loss for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Fairycupcakedream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was obsessing over this foundation before I even laid my hands on it because soo many people were raving about it I had to have it. Buttt being from the UK meant that it's availibilty and getting colour matched was close to non existent! However now I have purchased it twice I know there are two places in London which you can go to now (P.A.M and Guru Makeup Emporium) I didn't get colour matched and took the risk of using reviews on here and other places to guess that I'll be 127 as I'm MAC nc30, and got my friend to pick it up for me whilst on holiday.
When I finally received it, I was not disappointed, the texture and the amazing feeling were worth the wait! The colour match was fine, can't complain! The finish is amazing especially in pictures my skin looks extremely good. I would say this is a medium finish, quite dewy but wouldn't say its natural or cakey. I apply it with the real techniques miracle complexion sponge which is also amazing....Love it!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Kayleighkayyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really wanting this foundation for a long time. I finally got it and I'm honestly disappointed. It looks cakey, even when I apply it with a stippling brush. It's alright for a night out but I honestly don't find it worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently got this foundation at Sephora and I am pretty pleased with it. My shade in the foundation is N117 and it is a pretty perfect match for me! I have never had a foundation match so well before.
The lady at Sephora used a blending brush to apply this and I didn't really like the look because it seemed so heavy on me. Even when I applied it again with the same brush a day later, it still looked super heavy. So I went to my ever so amazing beauty blender and I haven't gone back. The beauty blender took away that heavy look of the foundation and it looks more like my skin which I like. This is a medium to full cover foundation so it will look a bit heavy but I like that I still had the coverage with less heaviness.
It still looks a bit heavy around my nose but it isn't too bad. I do feel like it could do a better job at covering my acne but it does pretty when especially if I layer a bit more on where I have a few breakouts. I use around 1-2 pumps, it just depends on how much coverage I need for that day. Also I recommend using a water based primer with this since it is a water based foundation and silicone based primers don't do as well with the foundation.
Even though I have some complaints about this foundation, it is the best one I have ever tried so far and I am willing to work with it if I need too. I will repurchase this as well unless I find another foundation that takes the spot of the Makeup Forever one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by PeonyRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. What do I like? The formula and finish. What do I not like? Breakouts.
I bought this on a whim, being frustrated because of the lack of very pale foundations at Sephora. I am NW15, and there are brands I wholly disregard when thinking about face products because they do not make my shade. MUFE however, does, and when I found my match, 110 Pink Porcelain, I was ecstatic. Yes, it's expensive, but my choices are few and far between, and this promised HD perfection. Sign me up!
Well. The finish is beautiful. The consistency of this foundation is gel-like, and made my skin look soft. I used it for a week, until I started noticing bumps on my cheeks and mouth area.
This is a red flag for me, since I never have breakouts there. I stopped using MUFE, and they started healing up. So, with a heavy heart, I returned it.
Luckily I was able to return it without a receipt. If you have this concern, create an account with Sephora and you will be able to return a product with an ID if you lost the receipt.
Side note: When I bought this foundation, the cap was broken. The lower half of the cap was filled with foundation, so it must have been seeping out of the sides! Should have taken that as a sign from above!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by nmanzi125

I really like this product. I like to look like I'm wearing as little make up as possible and this really does provide a more natural yet full coverage look. It's worth the money, I have bought and tried dozens of concealer, this is one of the best. One con is the packaging, the cap always comes off - so annoying. Other than that I love the protect it's great. My new must have.