July 29, 2014 | 2073 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by gilliannc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the coverage and the feel but unfortunately causes me to break out in horrible cystic acne.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I decided to purchase this product after seeing so many tutorials on YouTube where this is used. I have NW130 skin. For me, this was an OK product that I did not love or hate. As another person put it, it looked great if I was having a great skin day because of the nice, satin finish it gives. Otherwise, it was a tad too sheer (which doesn't particularly bother me, but it did surprise/disappoint me.) I also had trouble setting it, and felt it was sticky and not able to stay put for long. I alternated between Sephora's #55 Airbrush Foundation Brush and my beautyblender for application. I used a pressed powder AND a finishing powder! On a good note, I don't feel as though this was responsible for any breakouts (it didn't really hide them, either) and the bottle lasted me about 4-5 months with everyday use. I'm not sure if I would repurchase. Maybe I would keep it as an alternative option to a heavier coverage product.. but am not running out to repurchase. Overall, a very hyped product with little more than drug store results.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by billierosetyler

DISCLAIMER: I have only tried samples of this product; I did not purchase it.
Please disregard my rating for the packaging because I have only used it from a sample pot.

I tried samples of this product in 3 different shades (Pink Porcelain 110, Ivory 115 and Sand Sand 125). Ivory was the best match for my skin. I wore it for about one week.

PROS:
* Feels light on skin, not heavy or cakey.
* Reasonable price (would have cost me AUD $46.50 [plus shipping] with a pro MUA discount had I purchased it from Media Makeup Store).

CONS:
* Irritated my very sensitive skin, probably because it contains fragrance.
* "Cracked" over my nose - the finish was nice on the rest of my face, but that ruined it.
* I found it a bit too sheer for my liking (I like the NARS Sheer Glow level of coverage).
* Did not last very long because it didn't seem to set, even after applying powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

I mean, it's okay. It's just that you really have to be having a good skin day for it to look awesome. I don't think it's very full coverage, so your skin shows through.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product did not wow me at all. I received a generous sample from Seph. in #17. It was nothing special at all. It's a rather light foundation, as it did not cover all my imperfections that well (I have several, mostly uneven skin tone). It did not have a nice finish to it, did nothing to cover pores on my nose, and lasted maybe 6 hours in total. Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by bself

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation, but I always break out a couple of days after I use it. For me, it gives great coverage! I always get this foundation in a little lighter shade because I feel like it oxidizes, but only slightly!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I read 100s of reviews on this foundation before I purchased it. I got my shade from findation.com as the closest place to me that sells it was London (200 miles away) the shade was perfect and I got loads of compliments on how gorgeous my skin looked. The foundation blended beautifully and made me look completely flawless my only down side is I didn't feel like it stayed in place all day. I have combination oil skin and by lunch time I would have to blot towards the end of the day it had come off in areas and my skin didn't look as flawless/healthy as the first couple of hours. My verdict this - this is amazing for a night out especially if you're taking your camera however got everyday work ect it's no :-(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by courtney771

I had high hopes for this foundation after watching cassandra (diamondsandheels) on youtube raving about this, I was tossing up between this and the Kat von D tattoo foundation but chose the MUFE HD because of everyone telling me how great the coverage is, how great it is in photos and it looks amazing on the skin. I bought this for $80 (Cheapest way to buy it from Australia). I was so dissapointed, the coverage was medium at most, my redness shun from underneath and I needed a lot of my Mac Prolongwear concealer underneath to get it to a full sort of coverage. I think this product is just hyped up way too much there are much better alternatives with better coverage available, This foundation emphasized my pores like crazy!! Even after porefessional! Would not buy this again, I wanted to love it. But it is just an average foundation. It reminds me a lot of True match foundation but makes your pores stand out even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love the color of this foundation! It matches exactly to my skin and I am able to achieve natural looking medium coverage using just one pump. It can also be built up to almost full coverage, if that's what you're going for. I'm a true MAC NC40 and wear N153 Golden Honey in this foundation. Oh and most importantly, my skin has not reacted to this so far! No burning, itching or breakouts! That's rare for me because my skin is so darn sensitive to everything. Love love love!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Makeupmonica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am shocked to see that everybody in these reviews love this foundation so much, I find this foundation to be extremely hyped up then what it actually is. I work at a fast food restaurant and I applied this foundation for work even set it with powder it wore off on me within a couple hours. Even when I applied this all just a regular day it still didn't last. I find nothing special about this foundation at all. It's not a terrible foundation but for $42.00 I expect something that is amazing, not the quality of my $8.00 cover girl stay fabulous foundation. And even then the cover girl foundation blows this one out of the water. Won't be repurchasing but I'm happy other people love it, just not for me!