BeneFit Cosmetics Erase paste

3.7

petrolatum, lanolin, isopropyl, palmitate, paraffin, euphorbia, cerifera (candelilla) wax, glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, propylparaben, retinyl palmitate [ /-: titanium dioxidde (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 1/3/2015 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was in Germany in 2013 and a makeup artist applied this on me and used shade no.3 and ofcourse inside the store it looked amazing but as soon as i went home i realized how dark it was. I am from Canada so i didnt bother returning it instead I threw it away after a while. My biggest problem with this concealer is that there is not a good shade selection. There are only 3. So I went and bought shade no 2 from Sephora and it just looks so salmoney kind of colored and definetley not flattering on my skin tone I love the consistency because it is thick and full coverage but needs to be set with powder as well otherwise it will emphasize any lines you have under your eyes. My best advice would be to try it on in the store walk outside or let it side on your face for maybe 5 minutes then see how you like it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really like the peachy tone of this concealer as its pretty good at covering up dark circles, but I have a major problem with it creasing and settling into fine lines. Also, I find it a bit tedious to blend in. Overall, this product is definitely something I have no interest in purchasing ever again. I actually don't even think I'd take it if it were given to me for free.

on 11/27/2014 11:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm always in search of a good concealer for under my eyes, so when I saw this on a list of best concealers for that purpose, I rushed out and bought it. Not for me. While it did help decrease the darkness of my eye circles, it's really drying and shows any little imperfections/creases. I don't even have wrinkles around my eyes, but because it really settles in, it makes it look like I do. No thanks!

on 11/15/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not very impressed with this concealer. It's very peachy tinted. It's also tremendously heavy and I have a big problem with it creasing, which makes me look much older than I am as it settles into my wrinkles. It also doesn't wear well--it tends to fade and run throughout the day. I wanted to love this, but I think I will stick with Boi-ing.

on 11/11/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Extremely, extremely pigmented. You only need a small amount to blend the product out from underneath the eye area. I found the pot to be very small but the product lasts a long time because you only need so little of it on a daily basis. Tip: try patting in small amounts instead of blending it out with a brush. I noticed the product sets in better by using your fingers and it is great at covering circles and discoloration underneath the eyes. Pricey but worth it if you suffer from darkness in the eye area. You won't be disappointed.

on 10/28/2014 9:45:00 PM

I get slightly puffy and slight black circles under my eyes, especially when my allergies are acting up and a tiny bit of this helps even things out. Other than the much more expensive YSL concealer, this is my favorite.

on 10/12/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my first "high end" concealer (I've been using Maybelline Age Rewind) and let me say you definitely get what you pay for. I have pretty grey dark circles, and I'm fair so they really stand out. I picked this up at Ulta after hearing rave reviews. It was $26.
First off, I got fair and that works great with my skin tone. However a little goes a looong way with this product omg. Less is more! I don't use the spatula that comes with the concealer because you only need a little. I just dab some on with my finger and it brightens the whole area. It has a very creamy consistency that stays dewy and really doesn't set. That being said, it does crease under my eyes and get a little cakey as the day goes on. I hate the wear on this concealer- it practically melts off after 5 hours :( I can't set with powder because that makes it cake up even more.
Not a fan of this. I'm sticking with Age Rewind.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is by far my favorite corrector for dark circles. My skin tone is around NC15-20 and I use this in the color 'Fair'. It's marketed as a brightening concealer, however I find that this does a better job of correcting rather than concealing. I would consider myself to have pretty dramatic hereditary dark circles, that go all the way along the orbital bone (from eyebrow tail to inner eye corner). They have a grey/blueish color to them.

This product corrects them perfectly, I find it works way better than the Bobbi Brown correctors (that's also partially due to the fact that I can't find a good color match). I however find that I still need an additional concealer/brightener on top of this, otherwise it will leave an orange hue under my eyes. So I like to top it with something like Clinique's Air Brush Concealer, L'oreal Lumi Magique concealer or Lancome Effacernes concealer (those just work the best for me).

I apply it with a generic, flat concealer brush and blend it in with a fluffy eyeshadow brush (i.e. MAC 224). All of this together will give me full coverage and extra brightness. I also found that you can layer erase paste with pretty much any concealer, it will never cake. I have to disagree with some other reviews saying it that looks unnatural or cakey, I find it gives a very smooth, hydrated and natural finish. For example, MAC's Studio Finish concealer looks unnatural on me because it's formula is way drier than erase paste.

Also, because it's a very creamy formula, you probably will find the need to powder it. This will not only prevent it from creasing, but will also prolong the wear of it. If I put something like Maybelline Stay Matte Pressed Powder on top of it, it will last at least 8-10 hours! And one pot will last more than a year with everyday usage, you will need only a tiny amount because the formula is very concentrated.

on 9/16/2014 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm NC20/25 and I have this in Medium. I'm on the fence about this one. While it seems to make a difference to my under eye circles, it seems to make them look obviously made up and crepey. It certainly has not been the miracle I was hoping for (but then nothing seems to be). I'm also trying the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer at the moment (colour 2) and that seems to look more natural.

Will update the review if I find a miracle way to apply this.

Edited to add that I've ditched this. It was showing up orange even with foundation over it and it really didn't cover or correct much at all.

on 9/13/2014 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Do yourself a favour and purchase Nars radiant creamy concealer instead. I went shopping for a new concealer and when the sales assistant took off erase paste there was no difference between that eye and the one that still had product on from that morning. She applied the Nars concealer and the contrast between my under eye areas was incredible. This also creases.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products