November 24, 2014 | 1013 users online

Treatments (Face) - Natura Bisse - GlycoLine Glyco Extreme Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by kaka8811

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am not fond of any kind of peeling but after reading about this product on beautysnob i have got to try it. Believe me this product work wonders! It made my skin glow and there is NO sting or irritation on my skin ( i have sensitive skin) . My skin looks like it glowed from within. Definitely worth the price! I have recommended this to my cousins and they too had wonderful comments about the glyco extreme peel.

Be sure to read the brochure inside as this can only be used for a certain no of times and then you have to stop for 6 months or so before using the product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by ChrisRobb

I feel just as strongly about peels as the previous reviewer. They are amazing and this is by far the best on the market. Extremely effective yet does not cause me to have an allergic reaction like some others I have tried. MD skincare, Estee Lauder, Elemis, and other scrubs that exfoiliate. When you first apply, it does sting a little, but that goes right away. I used it twice a week for six weeks and my face does look much better. Firmer, clearer and my skin stopped breaking out like it was. I am now using it once a week to maintain the results. I am hooked. I will begin to use again twice a week if and when I need. This line is effective and gentle. I try to buy from Niemans when they have a gift of course.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for Natura Bisse's GlycoLine Glyco Extreme Peel ($225 for 1 oz). This is the best peel I have found and yes, the hype is validated. Extreme Peel has 60% glycolic acid and firms more than the NB Glyco Peel Plus 50%. This peel requires 15 minutes (like the other NB Peels) and I rinse off with water (I don't use the NB sponges). You are supposed to use this peel 2x a week for 6 wks, take a break, then repeat again 2-3x a year. My skin is already used to acids so my improvements aren't as dramatic as the other reviews (for Glyco Peel Plus 50%) but my skin looks pretty amazing (clear, even-toned, SOFT, acne scars/bumps faded) since using this and my friends have noticed immediately saying that they've never seen my skin look so good (without me saying a word to them :-). People new to acid peels should do a patch test first but NB Peels are famous for being gentle for the effectiveness. I once left this peel on for 40 minutes (by accident). Result: the next day my face looked great but was a little flakey and for the next 5 days, I had to slather on gentle, calming moisturizers (but the skin still looked great!). The La Prarie facialist at Bergdorf's told me I was too young to consider their eye creams (I'm 42 so this IS working). The SA recommended to use the N Bisse Oxygen Complex (serum in a pump, $132 per oz) following the peel, since oxygen helps continue the pores cleaning out. It seems ok but I prefer the Oxygen Cream ($77 for 2.5 oz) as my skin feels a little softer, radiant with the oxygen benefits. I (and friends who blurt out compliments to me) have noticed the effects of the Extreme Peel enhanced much more so by using the Oxygen Cream after the Peel (every skin is different so please ask for samples first and do a test patch if your skin is sensitive to oxygen creams).

I used to get glycolic peels at the Dr.'s every 2 weeks (starting 3 years ago) but it was getting too pricey so I go once a month or 2 months. My skin tolerates and reacts to acids well. I use MD Forte III Glycolic Cleanser and the MD Forte III Rejuvenation Serum w/ Retinol and AHA acids every night (for maintenance) but I still need a strong at home peel (1-2x a wk) to really see the difference. Before this peel, I liked Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Acid Peel ($21 for 1.7oz). I did the 1/2 face test w/ NB on one side and Neutrogena on the other. Conclusion? The NB side was smoother w/ less bumps and more clarity but the Neutrogena side was still impressive enough (skin was soft, velvet-y,skin tone evened out) for me to recommend for people who cannot stomach $225 for 1 oz (understandable).

I'm 42 and people guess I'm 28 - 32 and I credit the peels, acid products (and genetics) for this. My skin products HAVE to be effective as all my life, I refuse to wear skin make-up (foundation). I see my former roommate (from when I was 27) every year and she's very observant/candid and she told me my skin looks better now at 42 than when I was 27. Why? She said my skin is more even toned and flawless (smaller pores) now. I can thank the acids as Acid (glycolic, aha's, etc.) evens out your skin tone, gets rid of dead skin cells, reveals newer baby skin, helps firm, etc. and then it's important to moisturize after, etc.

I have tried Peel Pads from: MD Skincare ($75), Philosophy ($35), and Peter Thomas Roth ($36) I returned them all as I found these ineffective. People say my skin is like porcelain but it has good and bad days like everyone else. I have combination skin (dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however prone to plugged pores and occasional breakouts). I use: DHC, Natura Bisse, Jurlique, MD Forte, Clarins.

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No