September 21, 2014 | 1010 users online

Fragrances - GAP Beauty - Grass

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by knowles99

Where oh where can I find this lovely scent! I LOVE grass and was so bumme when the Gap discontinued it. I've seen it on ebay; but are they old bottles from the 90s? Or did they re-release the scent? I would love to find a case of this stuff and buy it up. My fav eau de toilette of all time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Where are people finding this stuff? I've been looking high and low all over the Northeast, but haven't seen Grass in years. Still, I wanted to add my voice to the chorus of love for this product.

I can still smell it now- clear, crisp, fresh grass with a touch of hay and sweetness. It had considerable lasting power for the sort of fragrance it was, and it magically covered up the smell of whatever it is I was smoking when I was in high school. It also came in a sleek, brushed silver canister that seemed perfectly appropriate for the mid-90s era. The best.

Edit 06/20/09: Still great, but seriously lacks staying power. Was the formulation different in the 90s?

Edit 10/31/10: It appears that the Gap now has two different formulations of the Grass body spray. There is no difference noted on the bottle, but one is light green and the other is yellow. The yellow version has much more staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

AHH... very nice and light! I fell in love with this scent " grass" the minute i sprayed it in the store.Very fresh and clean. Nature scents really give me a good pick-me-up. I have never smelled anything like this and that is one reason why I just had to buy a bottle of the perfume. I didnt know this used to be discontinued, but I am very happy GAP brought this one back. I got a huge bottle and the price was pretty cheap for a perfume. I am new to this line of fragrance, so I cant wait to try the others after using this for a very long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Dayna77

I miss this scent. I had it years ago and can not find it. Smells like fresh cut sweet grass loved it, where did it go?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 3:19:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I wore this 10 years ago on vacation in the states. I was going through a rebellious phase (bleached cropped hair, red lipstick and some wild clothing combos). It was a very happy summer though and I used an entire bottle of GAP Grass that year. I had been searching unsuccessfully for another bottle for years until I found a decently priced one on ebay in the fall of 2007. Ahhhh...this is just me bottled somehow. It takes me back in time (as it seems to do for a lot of MUA'ers) and is instant happiness. I bought MJ Grass this year as well but ended up selling that really quickly as it didn't come close to GAP Grass. Sweet clover, freshly mown grass and the feeling that anything is possible! I've been told this has been re-released in select areas of the US and seems pretty readily available on ebay. I will own this scent as long as I can find it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 9:47:00 AM More reviews by amarose

Wow! The outdoor scent I've been looking for my whole life.... finally. I've tried others, like Demeter, read about Gap Grass on MUA, and took the plunge and bought it of Ebay.....it was worth every cent. It's spring/summer in a bottle, and I am SO looking foward to using it during the winter as the best pick-me-up ever. The staying power on me is much better than I would've hoped, considering my other Gap favorite Om lasts about 30 seconds. This lasted all day, so I don't have to feel like my investment will be gone in a month. LOVE it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Bought a candle of this fragrance waaaaaaay back in '98 or '99 and just loved it. For some reason I never bought a bottle of the EDP/EDT. Last week I was at a Gap outlet in NH and lo and behold there in front of me was a brand new EDT bottle of the Grass fragrance! So I snapped up a bottle and wore it happily the next day. Would have stocked up but I was focused on buying basics. This is such a fresh and clean fragrance and it's a shame that it was discontinued. EDIT 1/7/08 FYI Just bought another bottle of this at a GAP outlet here in WA State. This isn't as hard to get as it once was. Don't get overcharged when purchasing this. A 3.4 ounce bottle is $14.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kochou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my all time favorite perfume. GAP hit the nail on the head when they came out with this. Clean, fresh, crisp. Perfect. Why, oh why did they ever discontinue it?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2006 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Just_Reviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favorite scents of all time. GAP somehow managed to capture the true aroma of fresh cut grass in a bottle. It's so dead on and realistic, it's almost unbelievable. I used to wear this scent all the time when I was 12 (this is a decade ago) But it hasnt been sold in stores for a long time and prices on ebay are absurd. I was lucky enough to swap for this perfume not long ago and I was even luckier to find piles and piles of GAP Grass gift sets in my GAP outlet around Christmas time. So now I'm freshly stocked with 2oz bottles of lotion and body mist which should last me a while. Everytime I smell this it takes me right back to 7th grade. Can't say enough good things about this fragrance. I've tried a few e-tailer dupes and even Demeter Grass but nothing comes close (although Bathed and Infused has a Bad Puppy scent that's very very close)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2005 7:21:00 PM More reviews by jdruk

This is my one-that-got-away scent. I remember a couple years ago walking into a Gap store in order to buy some only to find out it had been discontinued. Considering that it's the one fragrance that had ever reminded me of my childhood, of rolling around in clover patches and that first smell of spring, I will be mourning this one forever.