August 28, 2014 | 1926 users online

Fragrances - Gale Hayman - Delicious Cotton Candy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

I bought this for 13 bucks 3.3 oz thats super cheap. It kind of reminds me of a yuong girl smell. Oh well I can't complain it was so cheap. It is strong but dies down to a nice cotton candy smell. This scent is so simple that I got tired of it. It is okay to keep in the rotation though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by leeyah87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never really appreciated this perfume until I had the chance to eat warm, freshly made cotton candy. The scent that emanates from warm and fresh cotton candy smells exactly like this perfume. I agree that this perfume is similar to Pink Sugar, but Delicious Cotton Candy is blended better and doesn't have that disturbing burnt note to it like Pink Sugar does. I wear this whenever I want to remember the smell of the fresh cotton candy I ate or whenever I feel girly or feel like being cuddly. I wouldn't wear this to work, but I might wear it out if the weather is cool enough. As for the bottle, I actually think it's cute, but I wish the cap fit on tighter. I'm a cat lover, so I enjoy looking at the clear pink kitty on the top :o)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Smells just like 'Aquolina Pink Sugar', but 'Delicious Cotton Candy' is slightly more bearable because it doesn't linger as long on my skin. Has warm vanilla notes in this which can get a little cloying (in my opinion). Not an everyday scent for me, but one that I would reach for in the colder months because I tend to gravitate towards the gourmand scents during Winter. A cheaper dupe compared with 'Pink Sugar'.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this dirt cheap from ebay based on the reviews here. But Im disappointed, it doesn't smell like cotton candy to me at all, in my personal opinion. I like Body Fantasy cotton candy better. My daughter said that this smells like Pink sugar.
I think I will give this to my daughter and I'll stick to BF cotton candy that smells more yummy to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by allred

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's freezing and rainy again today; what a perfect day for a cozy comfort scent that other people really enjoy too... Delicious Cotton Candy actually smells better and lasts longer on me than Pink Sugar, which has a citrus and licorice aspect that I could do without. Just a little bit is enough to make me smile for the whole day. Yum. It doesn't get flat in the drydown either (like Pink Sugar does on my skin). And, it's very reasonably priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by unchu

This is Pink Sugar's twin sister. They both smell very similar to each other. Cotton Candy smells fresher to me, reminds me of spring, while Pink Sugar has more of a warm feel. The only think i don' t like is the top, it is cheap plastic that doesn't stay locked in place.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2010 4:31:00 AM More reviews by krumbs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This perfume was too strong for me. The citrus scent was too biting and it gives me a horrible headache :(. I wish there wasn't that strong citrus scent, I love the smell of cotton candy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Argogirl

I bought this at WINNERS in Canada on a whim...went home and loved it! I then read all the comparisons to Pink Sugar...so since DCC does not come in a travel size, I picked up the PS roll on. I like Pink Sugar, but DCC much better!! I wore DCC out to dinner with a friend of mind who loves sweet stuff and she went crazy for it...next time we went out to dinner I bought my Pink Sugar roll on and she liked it but said the 'spicy' note at the beginning turned her off...it was good but she loved DCC way better!

The thing is, the 'spicy' note of PS is what I think makes PS a little more 'grown up'...in any case, DCC is not sweet in a cheap, barbie perfume way...while it's very sweet at first it dries down to a warm, sexy fragrance. And it lasts! Men really dig it!!!

The only thing I don't like is the bottle...it takes up way too much room on my perfume tray (it's short and squat) and I find it awkward to spray. Not a fan of the cap either. PS has got it beat in that area. But in terms of price, fragrance, and lasting power, it's a small price to pay for a great fragrance!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this super cheap on eBay - $20.99 including shipping. Unfortunately, mine didnít come with the silver tone cap but with a transparent pink plastic one. This does not smell like Pink Sugar to me, because it doesnít have the burnt note that I picked up in Pink Sugar. GH Delicious Cotton Candy has a bit of citrus brightness in the top, and then it smells pretty much like freshly spun warm cotton candy on the carnival midway. The dry down is soft and sweet and vanillic. Here are the notes: orange, bergamot, clementine, cotton candy, lily of the valley, fig leaves, brown sugar, strawberry, plum, licorice, vanilla, caramel, cedarwood and musk. I donít get the cedarwood or licorice, and I canít actually pick out the individual notes except the citrus in the top. Iím *really* enjoying this. It doesnít smell too cheap and sleazy, but itís not trying hard to be artsy either. It just smells like it says. If you like sugary scents you canít go wrong here. This one hits the nail on the head. I'm glad I bought it even though it was a blind purchase.

In response to Rocki (and I donít think youíre being mean), I donít think itís that grown women want so much to smell *like* Cotton Candy as they just like smelling it. For some of us it represents nostalgia and happy memories. Some of us just have a sweet tooth. I think itís great that we have the category of confectionery/gourmand fragrances to enjoy now Ė rather than eating it we can enjoy it calorie-free, lol! I suppose some people find gourmands sexy. I donít particularly, but I do enjoy them, more as comfort scents I suppose.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im not the greatest at reviewing scents but Im going to do my best on this one. I got this on Perfumania for super cheap it was around 15$ and its a pretty good sized bottle. I really love the way it smells, I love sweet smelling perfumes. I cant really compare it to Aquolina because Ive only smelled it like once a long time ago at Sephora. But I really enjoy wearing this and layering with other sweet scents. Im not too sure on the lasting power of this though. Because I get used to wearing a fragrance really fast and it gets to the point where I dont really notice it anymore. I was at work the other day and a customer told me I smelled like cotton candy and she was across the counter from me LoL. I on the other hand couldnt smell a thing so yeah. But I'll probably repurchase this because I do like it and its really cheap! :D