Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 10/30/2013 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Excellent brush! Hasn't shed once in over a year, I've washed it 15+ times and each time it looks and feels just like new, highly recommended if you want fuller coverage from your powder.

on 10/29/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have lots of acne and hyperpigmentation which means my face is very sensitive to the touch especially when I have cystic acne. Most brushes irritate my skin so I made a switch to the original beauty blender and never looked back until I found this little gem. The bristle is as soft as it can be,feels so soft on the skin. Yes the brush head is small in comparison with other flat top brush but I love it. It gives me more control and eliminate the need to use other brush to blend concealer under the eyes and dark spots. This is my HG flat top brush. Give it a try you won't regret it.

on 10/26/2013 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This brush is really amazing and WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY. I am an avid collector of foundation brushes and when I saw this one I thought it would be just like my Sigma f80(which disappointed me) or my ELF but the pretty design reeled me in. When I tried it, I was really surprised, the size is smaller than the average buffing brush which actually made it easier to use around smaller places eg..to blend out eyebrow concealer and even undereye. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

on 10/9/2013 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is a great brush. It is an affordable and good quality brush that is soft and has never shed with washing or wear. It is good if you want your foundation to go on with a fuller coverage. I liked it best with lighter formulas such as my NARS sheer matte and bb creams.

on 9/19/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This brush is great for mineral foundation. I wanted a flat top kabuki-style brush to get fuller coverage out of my bareminerals. I considered getting the sigma f80 but didn't want to wait for shipping, so I set out to Target to get the ELF flat powder brush. Well I looked at that one and this one side by side, and this brush just looked denser and nicer than the ELF one. So I was very pleased with my results!! When I apply my bareminerals, I use the primer and then apply a layer of foundation with the full flawless face brush (in the BM starter kit). This leaves me with medium coverage, but I have a lot of redness so I use this sonia kashuk brush to apply another layer, and I get full coverage without it being cakey! I tried this brush alone with the powder and it was just too much, when I use it for rhe second layer I only use it on the areas that need it.

I haven't used anything but loose mineral makeup with this brush yet, but I have a feeling it will do well with other forms of foundation.

I will be keeping this brush until it falls apart!

UPDATE: This works great for buffing in liquid foundation as well.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an excellent brush! I absolutely love it! It is perfect for applying liquid foundation. Even foundations that don't give you good coverage suddenly become 100% more effective when applied with this brush. I got mine from Target and when I realized how amazing it was, I went back and bought 4 more of makeup brushes. I love them all!

My tip for cleaning: Cleaning regularly will keep it soft and effective. I found that applying a good clarifying shampoo to the brush and letting it soak a little while in a glass of water really does the trick.

I highly recommend this brush! It is perfect for liquid foundation, but great for any kind of foundation. Also great for highlighting and cheek color.

on 9/4/2013 10:20:00 PM

This brush is nothing short of amazing! I've owned mine for a few years now, and it still performs wonderfully. I've experimented with many foundation brushes, including the Beauty Blender, and this is still my favorite brush to apply foundation with. I love it because I prefer fuller coverage, and this just buffs the foundation in beautifully while still providing great coverage. It works with all types of foundation, cream, liquid, even powder foundation for a more targeted application. It can also be used with cream blush. The price is a steal for the great quality!

on 8/23/2013 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

OMG!!! Am I just now discovering this brush?!? It applies my foundation like a dream!! I'm left with a perfectly airbrushed look. This brush is by far the best foundation brush I've ever used, and I've used plenty!!

on 8/8/2013 11:36:00 AM

This brush is amazing!!! I have Mac, Bobby brown, Sigma, Elf, Clinique, etc. I HAVE SO MUCH BRUSHES. And I REACH FOR THIS ONE MOSTLY.... IT DOESNT shed nor give me problems at all. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This brush is similar to an old relationship of mine- started out soft and beautiful, but now I cannot bear it. It's stiff and tainted looking; it drinks up all my liquid foundation and it's nearly impossible to clean due to its density. It just looks dirty, kind of like my ex. So I will be placing it in the garbage as well. Don't waste your time or money on this product.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products