October 25, 2014 | 1542 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Vitamin C Revitalizing Eye Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by melliecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, really wanted to love this. I bought it based on MUA reviews, although I have to remind myself time and time again that some products work fantastically for some people, and just okay for others. Unfortunately you have to experiment until you find what you love. And I wanted to love this, as it had all of the hallmarks of the HG eye cream that I'd been looking for - organic, no parabens, etc. Unfortunately, after a month of use, I have admitted defeat and am giving up on it. I don't really have a problem with the packaging, or the smell, or any of that - my main problem is that this cream seems to have made my eye wrinkles WORSE, not better. I looked in the mirror last week and thought, "Whoa - where did those lines come from?!" Not only did it seem to make my lines worse, but if I put it on at night, and put my Touche Eclat over it in the morning when I wake up (running late as always), it does not cover well. In fact, it layers horribly under makeup for me - it starts clumping and makes my under-eye area look ten times worse. So although this DID dramatically reduce my under-eye circles, I simply can't handle the fact that it makes my lines worse. And it doesn't look good under makeup. So last night I went back to my Nude Skincare advanced eye repair, and already, within one night, my lines have softened again. So Avalon eye cream - I really wanted to love you. I'm seriously bummed that it didn't work out for us!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I WOULD NOT BUY THIS AGAIN!!! I've had a monster sized milia on my eyelid for months I think traces back to use of this. I had been thinking at first I had a stye (I get those alot) and had been applying MORE eye creme (not this, I switched to a Physicians Formula one) and it got a little bigger then one day, out of the blue, happened to wonder if it wasn't in fact a milia as I am prone to them. I've quit using eye creme at all on my eye lid area and wash it well with baby shampoo nightly and remove my makeup with olive oil and am finally (knock on wood) seeing the size of it go down. Let me restate - I have had it for MONTHS.

Also, this sometimes stung when I first applied it. And when you get towards the end of the bottle, the straw thing isn't long enough and you end up having to remove it every time and stick in your finger, taking away the fact that it's "so hygienic" to have a pump.

I really need to throw the rest of it away. I also do not recommend the toner from this line - burns like a mother and upsets the area on my neck where I have a tendency to get rashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by dollirium

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The find of a lifetime...I believe this is the best eye cream I have ever come by. I have been using it for 2 weeks and have found a very dramatic change in the brightness of my eyes, firmness, and suppleness. It makes you realize how worn down your eyes looked before!
If it only did something for the puffiness! There is a bit of deflation but the shadow under the bottom puff is still prevalent. Will update if this has changes at all.
It is just an incredible bonus that there is a functioning pump, no noxious odors, it disappears into the skin, and does not disturb makeup.
I am an esthetician and have access to a myriad of products-Vit C always worked well for me and I needed something affordable and hopefully all natural. This cream works better for me then Perricone, Dermalogica, Skinceuticals, etc...for a fraction of the price.
EDIT: I believe this product gave me milia. You only need a tiny amount, I may have over applied a few times. Too bad, changed my ratings.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by lulublevins

I'm soon to be 29 and lately, the skin around my eyes just looks tired & puffy no matter what I do. (I do suffer from allergies which has a lot to do with it) This is the first eye cream I have come across that really seems to help. After a week of using it the skin under my eyes looks brighter and overall my eyes look less puffy and more awake. I feel like I look younger than I had been looking before. I don't mind the pump, though I'm wondering how much I will be able to get out of it once it gets down to the bottom. You definitely get a lot of product for the price. 1 ounce is way more than you usually get in an eye cream. I am happy with this eye cream for now and will not be searching for anything else just yet. It has accomplished everything I wanted it to! I can't say yet what it does for wrinkles, which aren't too prevalent yet, I just wanted something to perk up the skin around my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by htibbetts

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only eye cream I've repurchased. Nice little pump allows me to get just a dab out at a time. Consistency is a bit thick, but sinks in quickly, moisturizes well, sits nicely under or over foundation. Haven't noticed a great improvement in fine lines around my eyes, but it's a soothing little pick me up in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Has a nice feel to it. Not heavy. Known on here to have good antioxidant effects. Is helping my bags/puffiness. Smells good.

CONS: Not quite moisturizing enough when used alone (I use with an inexpensive eye cream.) I like to have a lot of moisture in my eye cream, especially for night. I don't like to use this with my retinol eye cream, so I put one on in the a.m. and one in the p.m. This keeps my eyes from getting irritated.

APPLICATION TIPS: Someone posted on the page for the Vitamin C Serum for the face by Avalon that, if you were dry, you could use this instead of the face serum. I'm going to try that out.

ALTERNATES: L'Oreal's Age Perfect eye cream is moisturizing. (I put it on top of this.) I also use Devita Revitalizing Eye Lift Creme with Polypeptides to put on top of this. (alternating between the two.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this for a few months every night. I used half the bottle. I did not notice that this was doing anything at all. My eyes weren't that moisturized, and my fine lines were NOT diminished, or even plumped up. just nothing at all. I like other eye treatments more than this one. I was expecting the Vitamin C to do more I guess :-(. It did have some pros:
the texture is a thick white cream that absorbs very well, it is not greasy at all.
the packaging is very nice. I like that I can do a half or even quarter pump so that I don't pump out too much and waste product.
They are very generous with the amount they give. I swear this is more than 1 oz...compared to my other 1 oz bottles this seems bigger, more full, and lasts longer!
But, I didn't like it. :( I have swapped this away...won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

Consistency was ok, but my eyes reacted to it - left me with burning sensation. I'm so sad it didn't work out :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by firetruckmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love all of the other Avalon C products, just not this one. It is not hydrating enough for my under eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is fantastic! I love it! I can use a fairly generous amount, and it doesn't smear my eye makeup! I love that the pump is controllable. That's my pet peeve with pumps. Suddenly you will get a "jet" of product with some pumps, which is really wasteful. I can get a half-pump to dispense without a full-on squirt! Mega-thrifty at less than $20 from VitaCost and it's an ounce, not a half-ounce. Wonderful little product!