September 19, 2014 | 1940 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Naturally Ageless Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ElleTeaSea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only ever had fine lines under my eyes, but in the last year I've noticed more appearing on my forehead and around my mouth. I decided it was time to up efforts against aging. Up until now that's basically consisted of lots of jojoba and vitamin E oils. I've tried several serums or anti-wrinkle products, but this is the first one that's actually done anything. My mouth lines disappear almost instantly as well as most of my forehead lines, except for one stubborn bastard. Even so, that one is almost unnoticeable now. The fine lines under my eyes are tougher, but then, they've been there longer. They are still responding favorably, and I hope that that in time this serum will help even them. I've also had no bad reactions from my sensitive skin, and the packaging is handy. I'd like to try it on the rest of my face, as well since several people have mentioned improvement with their acne. I'd say 3 drops is enough for the whole face, if applied on damp skin, however I will occasionally use more if I'm feeling particularly dry. I think it's over priced, but I'll probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't really have any wrinkles at this time, but I use only two drops in the morning and sometimes at night (depending on what my skin needs). I use it around my eye area and the lines around my nose/mouth. I love the smell of this stuff. However, it takes quite awhile for it to absorb into my skin so I can't apply makeup until 15-20 mins after I apply this serum. I really like this product and would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the very first review i've ever written, and i've been on MUA for quite a while. I just LOVE this serum SO much, I had to review it! I always read everyone else's reviews, so it's only fair to write about how much this product has improved my skin! I LOVE the smell of it. It's very earthy and herbally, and I HATED it at first, which is the funny thing. But I just got more and more used to it, and by the third day, I was putting it on so much, I had used almost half the bottle! LOL, I had to slow down, because this stuff is expensive...I did get mine for free tho, so it didn't bother me to use alot. My skin is incredibly soft, even tho this is an oil, it sinks in fast, and doesn't feel greasy for more than a few seconds. My undereye circles and bags, in combination with the radiance eye cream, have improved dramatically!!! HG for me!! I also love the dropper, it's easy to apply, you can get exactly how much you want. You only need a few drops for your whole face and neck.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used 4 bottles of this and loved it and received comments on how nice my skin looks. It also looks great under makeup and makes it go on very smooth.

For some reason I switched -- maybe boredom, maybe thinking there is something better out there but I tell you this is amazing. As soon as I use up my other products I'm going right back to this product.

There is no miracle, but this makes your skin glow, softer, less lined, moisturized and doesn't irritate my senstive/acne prone skin. Getting compliments isn't too shabby either!

Oh and I love that it's easy to find and a little pricey but well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG esp for dry aging skin in winter. I put this on my palms and pat it on my face. Sinks in quickly and just leaves a glowy, hydrating sheen. The scent isn't my fav but disapates quickly after application. I use it AM & PM under moisterizer and also under make-up without any problems. Picked this little gem up for $5 but would pay full price next time w/o blinking. My face looks better - glowing, hydrated, rested and lines less noticable in 2 days then going thru bottle after bottle of expensive department store serums!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by hroohi

This serum is amazing. I have been using it daily for the past year. (I have gone through three bottles in one year). It's worth it. I have skin that is prone to breakouts; however, this serum works as an excellent skin moisturizer. It doesn't break me out and moisturizes my skin. All in all, it's my HG moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by demureninja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this, based on all of the great reviews and just the nice idea of putting natural stuff on my face instead of chemical-laden moisturizers and night creams. The oil smelled nice--a little plant-like--and seemed to sink in pretty well. Unfortunately, after about 2 days of using the product, my skin started to break out. :-( I do have sensitive, acne-prone skin (lucky me!) so maybe slapping oil on my face isn't the best idea. Still, the packaging is cute and I like the smell, and am definitely behind trying to use natural ingredients for face products. I was even willing to pay the steep price (I paid $25 USD) if this product worked for me, but alas, my skin didn't like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 9:18:00 AM More reviews by mochakitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product. I found my skin too sensitive to use straight-up rosa mosqueta (see my review for Aubrey Organics' oil), however, this oil from Burt's is a good blend of borage, rose hip, jojoba, wheat germ and other extracts which soothe and moisturize the skin.

The scent is delightful but is subtle and fades rather quickly. The product is natural enough to eat, which I love. And it gives me a glow like no other serum. I wish I could buy it in a 2 ounce container, however, as this depletes quickly.

I like to use this both at night and during the day, just after washing my face. Sometimes I will even dab a smidge of the oil on my crow's feet AFTER I've done my makeup. It just softens everything and makes me look younger and more glowy. The oil sinks in nicely to no ill effect, but that being said, my skin is on the drier side.

John Masters has a similar product in a larger container, but I think this oil from Burt's has more Rosa Mosqueta, which is high in Vitamin A and could perhaps be considered a very weak retinoid. That I like, because even though I use Retin-A and/or Taz, I find that utilize multiple retinoids gives me the best results.

I plan to keep buying this in the future.

UPDATE::: I will probably not buy it again in the future, after using for a few months, it's not doing anything for me, in fact, lines look the same if not worse. Back to retin-a, which works, and possibly Kiehl's line reducing concentrate.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Although not a miracle worker, this serum truly does everything it says it would. My fine lines are noticeably more filled in after I use this serum, although the effect only seems to last about 1/2 to a full day (which is fine, since I use this serum every night anyhow). Your skin feels unbelievably smooth after using it, especially the morning after you put it on before you go to sleep.

Since it IS a cocktail of oils, you shouldn't be surprised if you look, well, kind of oily after putting it on. It's actually a very subtle sheen so you don't look like you're dripping with sweat or anything, so it doesn't bother me very much. On the other hand, it doesn't soak in fully for an hour or two, which is why it's best used at night. It has a strong, herbal smell which may bother some people, but doesn't bother me at all.

The only thing I'd really pick about this serum is that it's quite expensive (somewhere around $24). I know the oils are all organic and are derives from very good fruits/plants, but I also know that regular olive oil can get also get you super soft, smooth skin for a lot less money. On the other hand, I don't think olive oil helps as much with the fine lines, so I'll stick to this serum. You only need a few drops for your face (less if you're targeting specific areas like your eyes and your forehead) so a little bottle will go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by landog78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product. I bought it because I'm 32 and I'd like to reduce/prevent lines around my mouth and eyes. I have periodic breakouts and very dry skin. I've been using this product at night after I wash my face. I use 5-6 drops over my entire face and it's been amazing. I think it's cleared my skin, and my skin tone is more even and it feels smoother. The serum is greasy which is why I only use it before bed. I will continue to use it and see if it works as well during the dry winter.