April 18, 2014 | 1442 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by jorates

I love this set and use every single brush of it daily. Amazing value!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by JLeroux

This brush set is a fabulous value!!! I would highly recommend it to anyone just starting their brush collection, filling in gaps before finding their perfect brush, or looking for inexpensive brushes to travel with.

The Good: The brushes are very well made. They don't shed at all (at least so far), which is more than I can say for a lot of the much more expensive brushes, and they just feel solidly made overall.

The Bad: These aren't the softest brushes. However, I they are soft enough that they don't scratch your face at all. Although, the blush brush to be a little too big for precise blush placement, it still works. It may be better suited as a powder brush. The eye shading brush is a bit stiff, but again, it still works. (These are just all picky detail comments. These really are great brushes given the price!)

Overall: Great, well-made brushes! Not the softest, but gets the job done without falling apart for a great price!
Alternatives: I've tried other cheap brushes from drugstores, and they've all fallen apart on me within the first couple days. Within this price range, this is the best I've tried by far. I have read good things about Sonia Kashuk brushes as well, but I haven't tried them.
Value: Fabulous value! I got them for 25% off at CVS during a promotion, but even at full price, this set is a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by alleycats3003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great starter kit. Very good quality, feels comfortable to hold, does not shed at all, very soft and stays in shape. Best of all, it's so much value-for-money! The case it comes with is really useful since it has brush holders. The only thing that I don't really use is the combined lash comb and eyebrow brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by kiara402

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its great for anybody starting using makeup. The blush brush ite soft.the rest of the brush are mostly makeup essentials anybody need.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this brush set everyday and its really great. I love the blush brush the most. Its so soft and it be use for powder, blush, and contour. These brushes are all great and cheap. I think they will last a long time. This is great for beginners

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by wlanwlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great brush set and it has lasted me for over a year now. So basically it's a great investment. My favorite is the eyeliner brush, I use it everyday. My least favorite is the big blush brush, it feels a bit plastic-like. I also bought this set from iherb, it is 10 dollars there and if you use my code IKA481 you'll get 5 dollars off, so basically it will cost you only 5 dollars. So it's dirt cheap set for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Narcisa89

So good brushes for only 10$! They are my new brushes to go! They are so soft and great quality for such low price! BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU BUY THEM: It seems that there are fakes of these brushes made in China and sold for 5$ on ebay! If you want the real Ecotools brushes buy them on the US site www.iherb.com. Use code POK969 to get 5$ off if you spend under 40$ and you will get 10$ off if you spend more than 40$! They ship internationally!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by ZinaSuha

I am not going to lie and say that these are better than Mac, because they are not. However, for the price and given you are a beginner and building up on your brush collection, these are definitely worth starting off with. Best quality you will find at such a low price! I still have mine from a few years ago and still make good use of them from time to time. Very handy collection for travelling also!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by peekaboa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Other

these! THESE! THESEEEEEEEE~

I am ditching my ELF studio brushes.

they are so soft, dense, picks up great amount, does not shed, doesn't scratch your face.

you just need to invest in one set and yeah for make up starter you have everything. I just need another 5 pc for my face brushes and I will stop buying brushes for good.

I bought this in bamboo holder.

But beware of imitations dear. The packaging of imitations is kinda flimsy, rough and wrinkly unlike the real product. For real products, the edges of the packaging is really firm and thick and not easily folded.

the brushes holders are very firm, my ELF holder seems to be floppy.

Concealer brush - seems too big for my liking at first, but it applies concealer nicely and quickly.

Angled liner brush - on my second one. it is a decent brush for Essence gel eyeliner/brow.

Brow kit - useless for me.

Blush brush - my fav of the set. it is sooooo cute and soft and fluffy and it picks up the right amount.

shading brush - again, too big at first, but I guess it does its job.

eh, now this is the definition of VALUE FOR MONEY. I spent 23.90Sing dollars at Shins and with this money i can only buy brow brush from MAC. Mark-up eh?

won't repurchase as the quality can last me fora while. just buy it, use it for the first time, you will understand the quality is really superior for its price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by thekissflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I saw reviews for this brush set, I couldn't wait to get my own. It's true that the set is affordable and the brushes are uber soft. The eyeshadow and foundation brushes were amazing.

But sadly, the blush brush was crap. I'm actually beginning to wonder if it was meant for powder or mineral foundation, because it doesn't pick up any pigment.