Physicians Formula Organic Wear Pressed Powder

2.9

INGREDIENT LIST #1: MICA, JOJOBA SEED OIL*, CORN STARCH*, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, KAOLIN, CALCIUM CARBONATE, OLIVE FRUIT OIL*, GLYCERIN, SOYBEAN OIL*, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, SODIUM LEVULINATE, TOCOPHEROL, WATER. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT). INGREDIENT LIST #2: MICA, CORN STARCH *, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, KAOLIN, OLIVE FRUIT OIL *, JOJOBA SEED OIL *, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GRAPE SEED OIL *, SOYABEAN OIL *, RICE HULL POWDER , BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT)

on 7/20/2011 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product.
It sucks up the oil.
I've actually run out of mine and have been searching for this one from Physicians Formula for awhile (I can't find it!).
For me it's not cakey, I don't use tons of it over my liquid foundation (I use Nars Sheer Glow).
I also use Makeup Forever HD powder over this to soften everything up.
I would totally buy this again.

on 4/17/2011 5:58:00 PM

I bought this in Translucent Medium to go along with Organic tinted moisturizer (which I LOVE). I have mixed feelings about this powder, it's very luminous in it's finish, which is kind of pretty and makes this powder unique, but it gets cakey SO easily and has no oil control whatsoever. Also, this goes on about 3 shades whiter than it appears in the pan. It's nice for a very a highlighting effect I suppose so I am giving it 3 lippies for that reason alone. UPDATE: Ok, so these run WAY lighter than they appear in the pan, my skin is barely medium, and I am using the darkest shade "Sand Beige", and it looks fantastic now. No weird ghostly sheen/shiny look, no cakiness...very smooth and natural. Would repurchase, but only in this shade.

on 4/11/2011 12:24:00 AM

I bought this product because it was on sale and i had a coupon so it was basically free. that being said, it was really bad powder. it felt cheap, the packaging it terrible, it was chalky, and i was just not impressed. i threw it away. maybelline's dream matte powder is a much better ds option, although personally MUFE's duo mat is my favorite. Expensive, but worth it. You don't even need foundation under it.

on 4/10/2011 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this a few years back mainly because of the packaging and design concept--that it was organic and natural makeup. I like that the shade matches my skin perfectly and blends really well after foundation, the color stays true and doesn't turn orange, and that it claims to be free of synthetic chemicals. However, the flimsy packaging and loosely packed powder makes it easy to break if you drop it on the ground. There's some odd smell in the ingredients that can be stinky sometimes. But I've had this product for more than 2 years and the odd smell faded for the most part and I've only used half of it.

I received this in a swap, hoping that on my mostly makeup free days my combo skin beseiged by rosacea could have the oil in it tamed. I was not disappointed. I can put my Eucerin and this on and I'm good to go. For me personally, it controlled shine for about 6-8 hours. I did notice a smell, kind of earthy lavender musky... but it went away after about 10 minutes (I couldn't smell it anymore). I would definitely repurchase this when the time comes :-)

on 2/13/2011 1:26:00 PM

I was really surprised by how much I liked this. I picked it up on clearance at my local drugstore just for fun and was pretty sure it was going to suck. When you open it, the smell hits you immediately and I thought oh yeah, this is going to suck. I put it on my face with a regular powder brush and didn't feel any of it. But when I looked in the mirror my skin tone had evened out and my complexion looked more fresh. I think I picked it up in beige buff, one of the medium tones, which is what I normally use. Worked out great! I kind of like the packaging because it's different and makes it fun to use. I don't carry it in my bag often so I don't have a problem with it getting beat up.

on 1/4/2011 10:16:00 PM

I have this product in translucent light.

This product is completely average.

Pros: Natural ingredients, eco-friendly packaging. I have been on an organic kick lately and have been wanting to try this for quite awhile. However, as much as I love the ingredients, the CONS certainly outweigh the pros: as soon as I put this on my face, my skin felt TIGHT. Also, it provided absolutely no coverage at all (which may be due to it being 'translucent light', but I've used other 'translucent' powders that offered minimal coverage). Sure, it made my skin less shiny but my skin is incredibly dry and I actually prefer it to look a little dewy.
Many complained about the smell; I did not notice an odour at all, actually.
All in all, I will be returning this tomorrow.

on 10/28/2010 12:22:00 AM

I don't see why so many people didn't like this, I thought it was great. Although, I don't wear foundation or anything heavy on my skin since I was just looking for something to reduce shine from my face, my tone and color are pretty even without makeup just very SHINY. This stuff stayed on all day and I love the natural ingredients it has, it has definitely improved my skin since I started using it. The only thing I don't like is the smell, but I can look (or sniff) past that for a good product that's eco-friendly, cruelty-free, and great for your skin :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this in Translucent Fair along with the Organic Wear tinted moisturizer and I used it twice, but I will be returning it.
The first day I used it over the tinted moisturizer as a setting powder. Well, the tinted moisturizer made me look orange, so I decided right away that I wouldn't be keeping that.
The second day I used the pressed powder alone as a foundation. It actually gave pretty good coverage, without looking cakey. I thought I was going to like it, even though it has an unpleasant smell. Then my face went all red and blotchy, I had some sort of reaction. My face felt slightly itchy too. The red blotchiness faded after about an hour, but I'm afraid to keep using it. It obviously doesn't agree with my skin, so I will be taking it back.
A few other comments for anyone interested in this product: This actually has really good staying power and stayed matte all day without touchups. It did set to a slightly orange tone on my very fair skin too, although not as nearly as bad as the tinted moisturizer. The packaging is environmentally-friendly, and I applaud Physician's Formula for that, but I don't think it would hold up well over time, the lid is just held on with paper and could break off after being opened and closed repeatedly.

on 7/4/2010 5:55:00 AM

I purchased this product never having heard of it. I like the Bamboo compact with the second shelf for it's brush (which I don't use). I did use it once, however I realised that I had purchased Ivory instead of the next shade up. I do love the ease of application, and that it was barely noticable on my skin. So I am putting the Ivory up for swap, and going for the next shade up.