April 16, 2014 | 1992 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Heros

I have this product in translucent light.

This product is completely average.

Pros: Natural ingredients, eco-friendly packaging. I have been on an organic kick lately and have been wanting to try this for quite awhile. However, as much as I love the ingredients, the CONS certainly outweigh the pros: as soon as I put this on my face, my skin felt TIGHT. Also, it provided absolutely no coverage at all (which may be due to it being 'translucent light', but I've used other 'translucent' powders that offered minimal coverage). Sure, it made my skin less shiny but my skin is incredibly dry and I actually prefer it to look a little dewy.
Many complained about the smell; I did not notice an odour at all, actually.
All in all, I will be returning this tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by kristymcn92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't see why so many people didn't like this, I thought it was great. Although, I don't wear foundation or anything heavy on my skin since I was just looking for something to reduce shine from my face, my tone and color are pretty even without makeup just very SHINY. This stuff stayed on all day and I love the natural ingredients it has, it has definitely improved my skin since I started using it. The only thing I don't like is the smell, but I can look (or sniff) past that for a good product that's eco-friendly, cruelty-free, and great for your skin :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in Translucent Fair along with the Organic Wear tinted moisturizer and I used it twice, but I will be returning it.
The first day I used it over the tinted moisturizer as a setting powder. Well, the tinted moisturizer made me look orange, so I decided right away that I wouldn't be keeping that.
The second day I used the pressed powder alone as a foundation. It actually gave pretty good coverage, without looking cakey. I thought I was going to like it, even though it has an unpleasant smell. Then my face went all red and blotchy, I had some sort of reaction. My face felt slightly itchy too. The red blotchiness faded after about an hour, but I'm afraid to keep using it. It obviously doesn't agree with my skin, so I will be taking it back.
A few other comments for anyone interested in this product: This actually has really good staying power and stayed matte all day without touchups. It did set to a slightly orange tone on my very fair skin too, although not as nearly as bad as the tinted moisturizer. The packaging is environmentally-friendly, and I applaud Physician's Formula for that, but I don't think it would hold up well over time, the lid is just held on with paper and could break off after being opened and closed repeatedly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Cares50

I purchased this product never having heard of it. I like the Bamboo compact with the second shelf for it's brush (which I don't use). I did use it once, however I realised that I had purchased Ivory instead of the next shade up. I do love the ease of application, and that it was barely noticable on my skin. So I am putting the Ivory up for swap, and going for the next shade up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by shesays514

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this line, and the pressed powder is great. Provides sheer coverage and I like that there are two shades together. My only complaint is about the packaging (and I do love that they are eco-conscious) because the mirror flips out on one side and the product flips out on the other, so you have to do a bit of juggling to use the mirror when applying. In general, though, great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by lollipoplove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted something that was lighter coverage than my Clinique powder foundation. I have dry skin, but it is still oily (does that even make sense?), so I generally use powder.
I purchased this for $9.99CAD+tax at my local Winners (SO much cheaper than retail) because my friend had told me that Physician's Formula doesn't break you out (Clinique broke me out sometimes). I purchased this in Beige Organics, which is a little too light for my skin when I put it on, but because I don't use a lot, it's not a big deal. It can get a little chalky if you put too much on, but as long as you don't put too much on, it's not a problem. It doesn't get as chalky if you layer it slowly.
I think it works better as a setting powder than a powder just to wear on its own, but I use it on its own most of the time. The coverage is decent, I think the users who are complaining about coverage are using the translucent ones.
The packaging isn't TOO bad, but I think I'll probably rip/cut off the bottom lid since I don't need it to hold in the brush anyways. Which, by the way, is complete garbage. It's extremely rough and doesn't pick up product, and even when you do, it doesn't blend. Anyways, the brush is just a nightmare. The one problem I have with the packaging is that it's paper and isn't very sturdy. It gets dirty really easily and I'm always afraid to get it wet.
Overall, I think this was a good powder for the price I paid because it's gentle enough for my skin, but I don't think I will repurchase because I want to try some other Physicians Formula powders when I'm done with this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely no coverage. Like other PF organicwear products, its really hard for my brushes to get any product on them. It set my makeup nicely but there are lots of products that can do that. If I applied it heavier, it looked super powdery. I dropped this once on a relatively soft surface and it broke. I hate the cardboard packaging and really don't understand how that is more environmentally friendly. It not sturdy sucks if you get water/moisture on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by inthiscity

This was awful. It applied chalky, as I used the product the "leaf design" actually fell out making a mess. The container also fell apart.

No thanks.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by beautyishealth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder because I wanted a setting powder that was all-natural. This one was a huge disappointment. My main complaint is the smell. It just smells... off. The best way I can describe the smell is like wet, rotting leaves, which makes me nauseous when I try to apply it. The brush it came with is completely useless. Also, I don't like how it is two different shades in one. The packaging is supposedly eco-friendly, which I appreciate, but it is ugly and flimsy. It's made of paper with magnetic closures. For a drugstore powder, it is not cheap either. I will return it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by oasiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this powder as a gym bag alternative to my Philosophy the supernatural airbrush powder. I lovelovelovelovelove the packaging, but I wish the powder didn't go on so...powdery. When you put it on, it sits right on top of your skin and does not settle, so you look like you dipped your face in sand. It's a great look, really. and the coverage is zippo :(