October 25, 2014 | 1200 users online

Lipstick - Cle de Peau - Extra Silky Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by julie11

the best lisptick i have EVER tried.it does what it claims!
it has a sheer coverage,great colors.
My lips got sooooo much better and i've tried almost every low-nigh end brand lip products,that would keep my lips soft,moistured ,etc.
girls,give it to try,its worth it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by lilly1972

LOVE LOVE LOVE...I have 6 of these and will keep buying...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow I am loving this lipstick! I have this in color 123, which is a reddish brown. It looks and feels fantastic. It glides on very smoothly and this has been a God send for chapped lips like mine, in this awful winter weather. At the same time, it has a light feeling texture to it. It does have a shiny, glossy finish though, so anyone who prefers a more matte finish should probably look elsewhere and save their money--Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited is also a VERY nice moisturizing lipstick, but has a relatively more semi-matte finish than this one. There's just something about Japanese lipsticks that seem to have more moisturizing qualities.

The only thing about this lipstick is the exorbitant price, as the other reviewers also commented on. I'd rank the price a "6" if they put that option on there! Dior's serum de rouge is a very similar product (I also own that one, in color 910) at a (relatively) cheaper price of $32, as opposed to $50. Truth be told I can't tell that much of a difference between these two, in terms of their texture.

If anyone out there can find a color they like in the Dior serum de rouge, they could get that without missing out on anything--however, Cle de Peau has a much wider selection of colors. So I have just a slight preference for the Cle de Peau, because of the color range.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Holly1234

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in 109 and 125 and they are both gorgeous and just as the name suggests, extra silky. 109 is my current HG and I've repurchased it several times. I concur with a previous posters description of it as the perfect rosy pink, the one I've been looking for forever! Outrageously priced for very little product, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

IN MY TOP FIVE LIPSTICK CATEGORY!!! up there with with DIOR and BY TERRY...

OMG! between this and dior serum de rouge im set for life.... best stuff out there. I have one, in nude #110, and have samples of others..want more and more and more. moisturizing and lightweight, lasts a bit better than most, tho not as long lasting as serum de rouge...
love this product. a MUST HAVE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

[NW10/15, brown hair and golden brown eyes.]

I would buy this again because the formula is superb and the shades are very beautiful and flattering.

It's not woth the hefty pricetag, though. Really, $60 is outrageous.

That said, this lipstick is a true luxury and we all deserve luxury from time to time.

The extra-silky formula is just that-- balm-like, it moisturizes and glides on flawlessly. Its lasting power is average. It feels lovely on the lips and it's hard to resist the temptation to press your lips together when wearing this.

My shade (111) is a MLBB mauvey-rosey-brown. It is supremely flattering.

Ii ended up swapping this simply because I prefer a bolder lip and didn't feel I'd get my money's worth from a colour I wasn't wearing fiercely. But for those who like a polished, subtle, naturally beautiful look, the 111 would easily complete that look.

One lipstick off for the price and the odd packaging, which doesn't allow for retracting.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by ncgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I finally broke down and bought my first Extra Silky lipstick. After reading reviews, I decided on 109. Gosh, is it ever beautiful! The perfect pinky/rose shade (not that milky baby pink and not your Grandmother's Rosey lipstick!) The texture of this lipstick is amazing - it actually feels like silk on your lips. I'm glad I read the instructions on how to dial up just the right amount - it is not retractable. Not sure why, but I bet there's a reason. I will definitely purchase other colors in this (when my budget will allow this luxury!) Highly recommend when you feel like really treating yourself to something great. Choose your shade wisely - you'll love it!

**UPDATE 9/22/09 ** Just got one of the new colors for F/W in #125. OMG - this is absolutely stunnng! Pale raspberry shade with just a hint of shimmer. Such a winner. Just wish they were a little cheaper!

**UPDATE 10/5/09** I admit it, I'm hooked on this luxurious yet overpriced lipstick! My latest color is a new one (#126). Gorgeous! Pale shimmering lilac shade - perfect with a strong plum eye for fall/winter. I think I need a CDP intervention!!!

**UPDATE 9/2/10** I think I've been really strong in not buying another one of these gorgeous lipsticks for so long. The two new colors out for Fall 2010 are #127 and 128. Both gorgeous, unfortunately! However, there's no way I could resist #127. It is the most beautiful pinkish/coral subdued flattering wonderful lipstick!!!! 128 if gorgeous as well and I'll probably cave and get it. I can't recommend 127 highly enough especially for those of us over 40, need a little color, but not too much, and have fair skin tone. #127 ... I LOVE YOU, MAN!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

The name says it all: extra silky lipstick. I bought shade #120, a nude color with some gold shimmer. Looks great on my fair Asian skin, I think it'll work well in the day time, and complement smokey eyes at night. Packaging is very stylish and exquisite. It's expensive, but it's not too hard to score some on eBay at a slightly cheaper price, which is still usually above US$30. It's such a great lipstick, I think I'll keep an eye out for new shades every season. Like others have said, it is NOT retractable. So be careful when twisting it, and keep it away from little kids! You don't want a 4 year old screwing up your $50 lipstick...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by SHADOWFAX2

OK. This is a really expensive Lipstick. But, it is the best lipstick I have ever used. Also , the packaging is ultra stylish.The colours are gorgeous.I have 112,113,114,117 and love them all.
If there is only one lipstick you would buy, I recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by nicci404

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lipstick. I never thought I would spend $50 for lipstick though. It makes your lips feel really good - very moisturizing. They also have a lot of colors to choose from. I am thinking about purchasing the lip gloss too...both have good staying power! :)