October 20, 2014 | 1312 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by saromakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I put that it's kind of expensive because for what it is (silicone), I do think it's pretty expensive, but it's still a good product. Not better than other silicone serums, but good.

I use it to blow out my curly hair and works well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Sassy_Pants77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't find this did an awful lot in terms of taming my frizzies. It's way too late to tame my curly hair, though I can see it working well for fine hair. Doesn't work for me - wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I love John Frieda products, but this one was a major dissapointment. I used this a while back, but I still remember that this did absoloutley NOTHING to my hair, to help with frizz. I have very thick hair, & my hair takes forever to get oily/greasy....& this serum managed to somehow make my hair greasy within minutes. & no, I did not put too much in my hair. I definitely do not reccommend this to people with fine hair, as I can imagine what it would do to that hair type. It was basically like dumping a bottle of grease on my hair. This left my hair frizzy & greasy. I actually think this made my hair frizzier than it was to begin with. I don't know how that's possible, but this definitely made it possible. Overall, I do not reccommend this product at all. It does not work. I'm surprised this hasn't been discontinued by now. If you really want something to take away frizz, the John Frieda brilliant brunette glosser (works for blondes too), is much better for taking away frizz, & leaving a beautiful shine...without the greasiness. Also, Paul Mitchell skinny serum, Chi silk infusion, Bed Head's After Party, & Macadamia Natural Oil are really good de-frizzers. Don't waste your money on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by CaraBea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've only used this once, but it has definitely made a difference!
I have loose, frizzy spiral curls rather than larger ringlets, and my hair usually feels quite coarse.
After using this (and I admit, I didn't follow the instructions properly, my hair wasn't soaking wet just dripping slightly) my hair feels SOFT! Still slightly fluffy (but rather fluff than frizz), but I can run my hands through it and it feels smooth!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have only had this product a short while but since using it on a couple of washes I have found myself quite liking it. I wouldn't say I love it or rave on about it but its a good little serum that does the job. It says to apply to soaking wet hair on the back which is what I have been doing and I find once I have dried and straightened my hair it leaves it feeling really soft and looking rather glossy! My hair is pretty thick so I have to use a substantial blob of it to actually see a result because my hair is always attacked by humidity and has a tendancy to go frizzy, but this product has definitely helped to tone it down. It hasn't completely eradicated it but I don't think any product I've tried so far has done that, but it is a fairly decent product that I would recommend and buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by NQseraphina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I neither love nor hate this product. It doesn't do the greatest job controlling frizz, which is a shame because that's the chief issue this product should be controlling, right?

HOWEVER, when applied properly, I do notice a difference in the texture of my hair. It feels smoother, less tangled, softer, and overall, just NICER. Be careful not to apply too much (I have very long hair, well past shoulders, and I only use about a dime-sized amount) or else you run the risk of having greasy-looking hair. Don't apply anywhere near your roots! Whenever I skip on applying this serum, I can tell my hair is a little more unruly, more difficult to brush out, coarse-feeling, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by misshillary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this serum! It really works! Before I found this serum, I would have to blow dry my hair everyday to get it frizz free and straight. After I found this at Wal-Mart, I tried it and WOW...I can say good bye to my blow dryer! My hair is left straight, frizz free, soft, and my hair looks healthier! Will be buying this forever from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sophiec412

To start with I'll let you know what my hair is naturally like. Its fine but I have lots of it, and its quite coarse. After washing and with products or styling its big! A big mess of frizz! I've tried loads of products for frizz, types of shampoo, leave in conditioners and serums, none have worked so well that I don't need to straighten anyway. Until this, I've only used it once so far, followed the instructions and put it on soaking wet hair. Once dry its smooth, still has its natural wave but no frizz at all, I mean none. I am shocked at how effective this is, If it carries on doing it I'll buy it again and again! My HG hair product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ReiKoko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this serum for roughly 4-5 years and with good reason. My hair used to be very frizzy, no matter what I tried. I tried out several products from various brands that claimed to eliminate frizz, but nothing really worked. I decided to give this a try and it made a huge difference. I have long, thick hair, and just one pump helped get rid of most, if not all, of my frizz, and I've sworn by this ever since. It worked so well, that I also switched my shampoo and conditioner to John Frieda, and I haven't seen a frizzy strand since. I can even airdry my hair now (which I couldn't do before, unless I wanted a puffball on my head), and it will still be smooth and extremely shiny and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by SeattleBlond

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for 2 years now and I find it's the best in controlling frizz in my long, thick hair. A little goes a long way. A small dollop (dime size) rubbed between my palms and then rubbed through wet hair before applying a styling product. Use any more and hair can look greasy.