John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

3.1

on 8/26/2012 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has been a staple in my arsenal for years. I try out lots of products on my hair, and this serum tends to be my go-to. It can get greasy if you use too much, though, and I don't use this when I know that I'll be blow drying my curly hair straight (too heavy). The serum alone doesn't calm the frizz 100% but once I add anything on top of it (gel, curl cream, whatever) it gets pretty close. I once used this in conjunction with Rusk's deep oil treatment and ended up with awesome mermaid curls- I don't know exactly what I did to get those results so I've been experimenting with both products ever since...

on 8/12/2012 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I have thick curly mid length n extremely frizzy hair which is semi-dry in texture but have lot of undefined curls. I apply this in 2-3 min t-shirt dried hair (I dont use towel on wet hair as it worsens the frizz). I only use 2 pea size amount on my entire hair and continiue with rest of the hair routine. I leave it to air dry and donot touch my hair unless fully dry. It works wonders for my extremely frizzy hair. Will definetely buy it

on 8/2/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this serum as a pre-teenager when it was new and everyone was raving about it (and it came in a glass bottle with a glass dropper). My thick, coarse, long hair curled at puberty and it didnít know what to do with it. Since no one in my family has curly hair, I had zero guidance when it came to my hair (both of my sisters have thick, long, slightly wavy hair and my mother has fine, thin, short, straight hair). Needless to say I wasnít doing anything right for my curls and that included using this serum wrong. It was more than ten years before I bought it again and now I love it (I have also since learned what to do with curly hair thanks to my patient stylist). I repurchased this about six months ago on a whim (and it was on sale), since Iíve liked so many other John Frieda products. I was glad to find that this now comes in a plastic pump bottle. At first I thought applying this to wet hair was silly and wouldnít make a difference, so I tested it out using it the ďregular wayĒ of using serums: to towel squeezed hair. It was nothing special. Then I decided to really followed the directions: immediately after rinsing out conditioner, I apply three pumps (two if Iíve just had my hair cut) to my soaking wet, dripping wet hair, focusing applying from the ears down and staying away from the scalp. I smooth it though, using my fingers to rake it, but being careful not to remove too much water. Once itís spread to my satisfaction, I gently wring out my hair with my hands leaving my hair still very wet. I do throw my hair up in a towel so I can address skincare and such, but I try to get to my hair while it is still very damp. Then I spread two-three pumps of Davines Oi/Oil through my hair, then scrunch Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscience Defining CrŤme throughout and let air dry. This is the best combination for my hair and I love the soft, shiny results. Itís this serum that really handles the frizz, while the Davines Oi/Oil gives the shine and Bumble and Bumble Cream give the curls definition. While Iím rarely faithful to hair products, especially curl creams, for long, I think Iíll stay with this routine for a while and Iíll be buying this serum again.

on 6/25/2012 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have long, thick, course hair. This serum works best after i blow out my hair & apply to ends. I don't apply on scalp or top of my hair cuz it will make my hair too oily. Overall a good serum, good price.

on 6/21/2012 7:18:00 PM

This product is very pricey and is overall good but is not worth the price. I would not buy this product again. Very disappointing.

on 6/10/2012 10:25:00 AM

I put that it's kind of expensive because for what it is (silicone), I do think it's pretty expensive, but it's still a good product. Not better than other silicone serums, but good.

I use it to blow out my curly hair and works well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I didn't find this did an awful lot in terms of taming my frizzies. It's way too late to tame my curly hair, though I can see it working well for fine hair. Doesn't work for me - wouldn't repurchase.

on 4/27/2012 10:02:00 AM

I love John Frieda products, but this one was a major dissapointment. I used this a while back, but I still remember that this did absoloutley NOTHING to my hair, to help with frizz. I have very thick hair, & my hair takes forever to get oily/greasy....& this serum managed to somehow make my hair greasy within minutes. & no, I did not put too much in my hair. I definitely do not reccommend this to people with fine hair, as I can imagine what it would do to that hair type. It was basically like dumping a bottle of grease on my hair. This left my hair frizzy & greasy. I actually think this made my hair frizzier than it was to begin with. I don't know how that's possible, but this definitely made it possible. Overall, I do not reccommend this product at all. It does not work. I'm surprised this hasn't been discontinued by now. If you really want something to take away frizz, the John Frieda brilliant brunette glosser (works for blondes too), is much better for taking away frizz, & leaving a beautiful shine...without the greasiness. Also, Paul Mitchell skinny serum, Chi silk infusion, Bed Head's After Party, & Macadamia Natural Oil are really good de-frizzers. Don't waste your money on this one.

on 1/12/2012 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've only used this once, but it has definitely made a difference!
I have loose, frizzy spiral curls rather than larger ringlets, and my hair usually feels quite coarse.
After using this (and I admit, I didn't follow the instructions properly, my hair wasn't soaking wet just dripping slightly) my hair feels SOFT! Still slightly fluffy (but rather fluff than frizz), but I can run my hands through it and it feels smooth!

on 10/11/2011 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have only had this product a short while but since using it on a couple of washes I have found myself quite liking it. I wouldn't say I love it or rave on about it but its a good little serum that does the job. It says to apply to soaking wet hair on the back which is what I have been doing and I find once I have dried and straightened my hair it leaves it feeling really soft and looking rather glossy! My hair is pretty thick so I have to use a substantial blob of it to actually see a result because my hair is always attacked by humidity and has a tendancy to go frizzy, but this product has definitely helped to tone it down. It hasn't completely eradicated it but I don't think any product I've tried so far has done that, but it is a fairly decent product that I would recommend and buy again.