January 30, 2015 | 1097 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this serum as a pre-teenager when it was new and everyone was raving about it (and it came in a glass bottle with a glass dropper). My thick, coarse, long hair curled at puberty and it didnít know what to do with it. Since no one in my family has curly hair, I had zero guidance when it came to my hair (both of my sisters have thick, long, slightly wavy hair and my mother has fine, thin, short, straight hair). Needless to say I wasnít doing anything right for my curls and that included using this serum wrong. It was more than ten years before I bought it again and now I love it (I have also since learned what to do with curly hair thanks to my patient stylist). I repurchased this about six months ago on a whim (and it was on sale), since Iíve liked so many other John Frieda products. I was glad to find that this now comes in a plastic pump bottle. At first I thought applying this to wet hair was silly and wouldnít make a difference, so I tested it out using it the ďregular wayĒ of using serums: to towel squeezed hair. It was nothing special. Then I decided to really followed the directions: immediately after rinsing out conditioner, I apply three pumps (two if Iíve just had my hair cut) to my soaking wet, dripping wet hair, focusing applying from the ears down and staying away from the scalp. I smooth it though, using my fingers to rake it, but being careful not to remove too much water. Once itís spread to my satisfaction, I gently wring out my hair with my hands leaving my hair still very wet. I do throw my hair up in a towel so I can address skincare and such, but I try to get to my hair while it is still very damp. Then I spread two-three pumps of Davines Oi/Oil through my hair, then scrunch Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscience Defining CrŤme throughout and let air dry. This is the best combination for my hair and I love the soft, shiny results. Itís this serum that really handles the frizz, while the Davines Oi/Oil gives the shine and Bumble and Bumble Cream give the curls definition. While Iím rarely faithful to hair products, especially curl creams, for long, I think Iíll stay with this routine for a while and Iíll be buying this serum again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by kavitabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have long, thick, course hair. This serum works best after i blow out my hair & apply to ends. I don't apply on scalp or top of my hair cuz it will make my hair too oily. Overall a good serum, good price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Dashingdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is very pricey and is overall good but is not worth the price. I would not buy this product again. Very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by saromakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I put that it's kind of expensive because for what it is (silicone), I do think it's pretty expensive, but it's still a good product. Not better than other silicone serums, but good.

I use it to blow out my curly hair and works well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Sassy_Pants77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't find this did an awful lot in terms of taming my frizzies. It's way too late to tame my curly hair, though I can see it working well for fine hair. Doesn't work for me - wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I love John Frieda products, but this one was a major dissapointment. I used this a while back, but I still remember that this did absoloutley NOTHING to my hair, to help with frizz. I have very thick hair, & my hair takes forever to get oily/greasy....& this serum managed to somehow make my hair greasy within minutes. & no, I did not put too much in my hair. I definitely do not reccommend this to people with fine hair, as I can imagine what it would do to that hair type. It was basically like dumping a bottle of grease on my hair. This left my hair frizzy & greasy. I actually think this made my hair frizzier than it was to begin with. I don't know how that's possible, but this definitely made it possible. Overall, I do not reccommend this product at all. It does not work. I'm surprised this hasn't been discontinued by now. If you really want something to take away frizz, the John Frieda brilliant brunette glosser (works for blondes too), is much better for taking away frizz, & leaving a beautiful shine...without the greasiness. Also, Paul Mitchell skinny serum, Chi silk infusion, Bed Head's After Party, & Macadamia Natural Oil are really good de-frizzers. Don't waste your money on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by CaraBea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've only used this once, but it has definitely made a difference!
I have loose, frizzy spiral curls rather than larger ringlets, and my hair usually feels quite coarse.
After using this (and I admit, I didn't follow the instructions properly, my hair wasn't soaking wet just dripping slightly) my hair feels SOFT! Still slightly fluffy (but rather fluff than frizz), but I can run my hands through it and it feels smooth!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have only had this product a short while but since using it on a couple of washes I have found myself quite liking it. I wouldn't say I love it or rave on about it but its a good little serum that does the job. It says to apply to soaking wet hair on the back which is what I have been doing and I find once I have dried and straightened my hair it leaves it feeling really soft and looking rather glossy! My hair is pretty thick so I have to use a substantial blob of it to actually see a result because my hair is always attacked by humidity and has a tendancy to go frizzy, but this product has definitely helped to tone it down. It hasn't completely eradicated it but I don't think any product I've tried so far has done that, but it is a fairly decent product that I would recommend and buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by NQseraphina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I neither love nor hate this product. It doesn't do the greatest job controlling frizz, which is a shame because that's the chief issue this product should be controlling, right?

HOWEVER, when applied properly, I do notice a difference in the texture of my hair. It feels smoother, less tangled, softer, and overall, just NICER. Be careful not to apply too much (I have very long hair, well past shoulders, and I only use about a dime-sized amount) or else you run the risk of having greasy-looking hair. Don't apply anywhere near your roots! Whenever I skip on applying this serum, I can tell my hair is a little more unruly, more difficult to brush out, coarse-feeling, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by misshillary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this serum! It really works! Before I found this serum, I would have to blow dry my hair everyday to get it frizz free and straight. After I found this at Wal-Mart, I tried it and WOW...I can say good bye to my blow dryer! My hair is left straight, frizz free, soft, and my hair looks healthier! Will be buying this forever from now on!