E.L.F. Defining/Angled Eye Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/18/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice brush, but it sheds a lot when I first opened the packaging. Not as soft as some other ELF $1 brushes either, but it does its job well and the shape is pretty good for getting a more precise application. I wouldn't buy again though, since I didn't find it as good on my skin as some of ELF's other brushes.

on 5/12/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

The shape of this brush makes it excellent for precision application of eye shadow. The brush fits perfectly in my hand as it is advertised to do. The bristles are strong enough yet soft enough not to be rough on the skin. Application results in a smooth textured finish. I use it along with the other ELF essentials eye brushes. I use the eyeshadow brush and smudge brush on my lid and this brush on the inner corner of my eyelid and for highlighting under my brow (it does this wonderfully as it's shaped right for that).

on 5/11/2012 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i find this brush more precise than the elf eyeshadow brush. i use it for multi purpose: on eyelid, crease and outer corner. i think its quite handy.

on 3/25/2012 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I prefer to use this brush to pack shadows onto my waterline (very carefully of course), or to pack a shadow onto a liquid liner on my top eyelid. I have never used it for crease work, I prefer to use a fluffy blending brush to gently build up my crease. All in all, I enjoy this brush and have had zero problems with it besides some of the handle coating coming off over time and washing.

on 2/20/2012 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great brush. My first defining brush ever. It was cheap and it works just great. You do not need those expensive brushes...they all do that same thing (in my opinion only)...it has just the right stiffness to get the product where you want it :)

on 2/13/2012 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Another winner from e.l.f. This white handled angled brush (from the Essential line) picks up powdered shadow and glides it across my lid with ease and isn't too skinny nor fat for crease work. I've used it for two months and it looks as good as new.
If you are looking for high perfomance eye shadow brushes for one dollar each, this D/A brush along with e.l.f.'s "Eye Shadow Brush" are a perfect pair.

on 1/22/2012 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I confess-i slept on this brush. I bought it two years ago and placed it in my brush box. I picked it up today and used it before i went to church. This brush did a phenomenal job highlighting my outer v. For the first time my eyes didn't look like i got beat up. I got compliments on my makeup all day. I purchased two more brushes at dollar general after church. For $2 both brushes were a steal!
Update: I am in love with this brush!!! I purchased Ulta's Crease brush. The MAC 217, 266, and Japonesque Crease brush and none of them can stack up to this brush. My crease finally looked flawless! Nothing compares to this gem.

on 1/15/2012 11:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Hate this brush. I heard that it is 'a must-have from their essential line' - the only reason I got it, as I only buy ELF Studio/Mineral line brushes. Maybe mine is defective, but the bristles are scratchy, they shed and the brush doesn't pick up enough product. I used it few times for packing on loose glitter eye-shadow and it did the job. No way I would try to use it in the crease or for blending.

on 1/14/2012 1:36:00 PM

I love this brush, it makes getting my rather deep crease easy to get so it gives my eyes an easy smoky look or give them a hidden pop of color it needs. The brush is rather soft I think, and the packaging it very simple. I only got it for a dollar plus tax and it works great.

It would also make for a great gift for your make up loving friend as its cheap, works greats and they'll be sure to love it.

on 1/13/2012 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have three or four of these E.L.F. Defining/Angled eyeshadow brushes that I use for applying shadow on the corners of my eyes and in the crease. They are the softest, easiest-to-use brushes imaginable. It seems crazy that they sell these for a dollar - it makes you wonder what the mark-up on some of the more expensive brushes really is...

Popular Makeup Brushes