OPI Black Cherry Chutney

4.3

on 11/16/2011 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this color~ it's a deep, glossy, blackened-red with super-fine red shimmer (the exact color of a ripe bing cherry). I love deep, dark, edgy nail colors, and this one delivers. The formula is a little thick, though that could be because Iíve had it 2-3 years now. Two coats give sufficient coverage. Drying time is a bit longer than normal, Iíd say 10-15 minutes until its dry to the touch, though its Ďsmudgeableí for a good hour (maybe because it lays on a little thick). The wear time is decent, as are most OPIs Iíve tried. I get 2-3 days with some minor tip wear, and about 5 days before any real noticeable chipping (I always wear with a base & top coat). Thatís pretty good, for me, because I am not careful with my nails at all. This was limited edition when I got it, I donít know if its part of OPIs regular line now, or not. I am glad I have it, its in my regular rotation of fall-winter nail colors. Its definitely one of the more unique, dark vampy shades Iíve come across.

on 10/24/2011 10:01:00 PM

Hands down my favorite dark polish. perfect for winter, i usually rock this polish near Halloween. i just applied it tonight and i continue to love it. Recommend it to anyone, i think it could work with a variety of skin tones. I'm tan/olive and it looks great on me and also my mom who is fair skinned. It has great shine and some shimmer, overall it's not dark like black polish but not too purple/blue toned... i love it! doesnt clash with any outfit

on 7/26/2011 9:12:00 PM

This is my first attempt at trying a very dark shade of polish. Typically, I stick with reds on my toes, and neutral shades on my fingers. Black Cherry is it's name, and it looks exactly like black cherries. It took three coats before the streaks would disappear. It's definitely a winter polish ~ I live in So CA and could wear it with black in the fall and winter.

Honestly, I don't like the shade. I didn't like Vamp when it was the craze in the 1990's. Never wore it then, and I won't wear it now. I am sending this polish back ~ at my age this polish is took dark and too youthful for me.

on 7/18/2011 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Vamp with Shimmer. I prefer it to Chanel Vamp because the shimmer makes it look nice long after the top coat loses the new manishine.

Goes on smooth and lasts, like most OPI polishes.

on 7/18/2011 2:33:00 PM

Gorgeous color for fall/winter. I was looking for a dramatic deep purple/indigo shade, and this was perfect.

Probably won't purchase again as I prefer brighter/warmer colors and I do not wear it often anyway, but the color is indeed beautiful!!!

on 7/16/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This isn't exactly what I expected, but I still like it well enough to keep it for fall/winter use. I was expecting a little bit more dark red in this shade, but it's mostly a raisin/black color, which is pretty, but not what I was looking for. I have it on my hands now, but probably won't use it again until fall, just because it is so dark. ( I love dark colors, but I prefer brights in the summer.)

Like all OPI colors, it applies very smoothly, and 2 coats gives you bottle shade- the pro-wide brush is also the best brush available, in my opinion.

I'm not sure how it will hold up to chipping yet, but I'll be sure to amend my review...I've noticed some OPI shades hold up like iron, and some chip quickly.

With seche vie top coat, this polish really shines, and the top coat seems to bring out some of the hidden shimmer.

on 7/6/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A great, dark (red/plum nearly black/vampy) pedicure shade for Fall or Winter. Rich deep color, easy application (no streaking) but hard to remove and can stain - so use a protective basecoat (Milky). Worth a whole-bottle purchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a great year round vampy polish. I normally stray away from dark polishes in the warmer months (saving them for fall and winter), but if I do feel like wearing a dark color in the summer I go for BCC because of the gorgeous purple/burgundy shimmer. I only wish the shimmer showed up a little more on the nail like it does in the bottle. The formula and staying power are great, and I've always gotten compliments. Yoga-ta Get This Blue from the same collection is the blue version of this color (dark blue with blue-green shimmer) and I love them both. It's a sexy and unique twist on your typical vampy cream. I will definitely use this is up and repurchase.

on 5/2/2011 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very dark cherry shimmery plum. Gorgeous indeed.

on 3/24/2011 8:32:00 PM

I love this color. The brush is a little too wide on mine, and dark colors are not fun to clean up... but the color is so deep and the red glowing shimmer is a hidden surprise. For some reason, this color really cheers me up!

Top Rated OPI Products