July 30, 2014 | 1960 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Cherry Chutney

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

Hands down my favorite dark polish. perfect for winter, i usually rock this polish near Halloween. i just applied it tonight and i continue to love it. Recommend it to anyone, i think it could work with a variety of skin tones. I'm tan/olive and it looks great on me and also my mom who is fair skinned. It has great shine and some shimmer, overall it's not dark like black polish but not too purple/blue toned... i love it! doesnt clash with any outfit

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first attempt at trying a very dark shade of polish. Typically, I stick with reds on my toes, and neutral shades on my fingers. Black Cherry is it's name, and it looks exactly like black cherries. It took three coats before the streaks would disappear. It's definitely a winter polish ~ I live in So CA and could wear it with black in the fall and winter.

Honestly, I don't like the shade. I didn't like Vamp when it was the craze in the 1990's. Never wore it then, and I won't wear it now. I am sending this polish back ~ at my age this polish is took dark and too youthful for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Vamp with Shimmer. I prefer it to Chanel Vamp because the shimmer makes it look nice long after the top coat loses the new manishine.

Goes on smooth and lasts, like most OPI polishes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ilove6kies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Gorgeous color for fall/winter. I was looking for a dramatic deep purple/indigo shade, and this was perfect.

Probably won't purchase again as I prefer brighter/warmer colors and I do not wear it often anyway, but the color is indeed beautiful!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This isn't exactly what I expected, but I still like it well enough to keep it for fall/winter use. I was expecting a little bit more dark red in this shade, but it's mostly a raisin/black color, which is pretty, but not what I was looking for. I have it on my hands now, but probably won't use it again until fall, just because it is so dark. ( I love dark colors, but I prefer brights in the summer.)

Like all OPI colors, it applies very smoothly, and 2 coats gives you bottle shade- the pro-wide brush is also the best brush available, in my opinion.

I'm not sure how it will hold up to chipping yet, but I'll be sure to amend my review...I've noticed some OPI shades hold up like iron, and some chip quickly.

With seche vie top coat, this polish really shines, and the top coat seems to bring out some of the hidden shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A great, dark (red/plum nearly black/vampy) pedicure shade for Fall or Winter. Rich deep color, easy application (no streaking) but hard to remove and can stain - so use a protective basecoat (Milky). Worth a whole-bottle purchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great year round vampy polish. I normally stray away from dark polishes in the warmer months (saving them for fall and winter), but if I do feel like wearing a dark color in the summer I go for BCC because of the gorgeous purple/burgundy shimmer. I only wish the shimmer showed up a little more on the nail like it does in the bottle. The formula and staying power are great, and I've always gotten compliments. Yoga-ta Get This Blue from the same collection is the blue version of this color (dark blue with blue-green shimmer) and I love them both. It's a sexy and unique twist on your typical vampy cream. I will definitely use this is up and repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very dark cherry shimmery plum. Gorgeous indeed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by GothamPolish

I love this color. The brush is a little too wide on mine, and dark colors are not fun to clean up... but the color is so deep and the red glowing shimmer is a hidden surprise. For some reason, this color really cheers me up!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by melvrs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the colors I actually own, and don't just use at the manicurist. I love it that much! I arrived at BCC because I quite liked the infamous Lincoln Park After Dark, but there was something about it that was just a little too intense for everyday wear. BCC is perfect -- a nice, deep wine that isn't matte but neither does it have obnoxious shimmer. It has a bit of a glow. It really does look like the color of the darkest cherries I used to get in California in the summer, or some deep red wine. I do catch myself just blankly staring at the pretty color of my nails pretty often when I wear it. So I do highly recommend it as one of OPI's more perfect shades from the dark, vampy group.