OPI Yoga-Ta Get This Blue!

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful dark navy blue (or midnight/federal blue if you want to split hairs) with subtle turquoise shimmer. It is the blue version of Black Cherry Chutney from the same (India) collection. Like BCC the shimmer shows up more in the bottle than it does on the nail. In dim lighting this looks like a typical dark blue, but its still pretty. The formula is stellar - it glides on smoothly and is opaque in 1-2 coats. One of the best as far as formula in my collection, and the Pro-wide brush makes application a snap. I would repurchase this color. UPDATE: This color grown on me since I got it, I reach for it a lot more than I thought I would. It has earned a spot in my top 20 polishes as my staple dark blue shimmer. 5 lippies

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful, everything you'd want in a navy polish. It's wonderfully dark but still recognisably blue even in poorer light. Looks great with a glitter tc; like the sky just moments before dawn.

on 5/29/2011 11:00:00 PM

My favorite navy blue polish. With one coat it is a bright Toronto Maple Leaf blue, but with two, it is a dark blue, almost black polish. Looks amazing. Would recommend to ay one looking for a navy.

on 4/17/2011 4:09:00 AM

All I can say is - why has it taken me so long to try this color? I love it!

Gorgeous true navy blue with microshimmer that is not noticeable unless you get up close to the nails but the shimmer adds depth and dimension to this color. I never wear dark colors on my nails but I'm glad I decided to venture out of the box and pick up this color. It's a darker color but is clearly blue and can't be mistaken for black so it still looks classy and not vampy.
I found that IF you do not get enough on the brush, then your first coat MAY be a tad streaky but I always do two coats of any polish and this color is perfect with two coats. The color is very shiny even without a top coat. Another winner from OPI

on 4/7/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

What a gorgeous colour. Yoga-ta Get This Blue is a true blue; so many blues out there have a touch of either purple or green in them - not that I have anything against them, I just really wanted a blue with nothing else in it! It is nice and dark, yet doesn't look black which is another winner with this colour.

Application was a breeze; I applied two coats, but I think one coat could have been just fine. It was smooth, effortless, and bet yet, no bubbles which is my BIGGEST pet peeve! I also found the lacquer itself very shiny and I could have done without top coat, but used it just so it can last longer.

All in all, one of my favourite OPI colours. Way to go!!

on 4/1/2011 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It is the most beautiful Navy blue on the market.
The name says it all, YOGA-TA GET THIS BLUEEEE

I've only reached for this color 3 times, between the two, I think I like Russian Navy more because I think it has more shimmer to it. But I like that I have it =)

on 2/12/2011 6:06:00 PM

i wear alot of blue in general (clothing) so Ive been looking for a nice dark blue that has some glimmer and doesnt look black and voila... this is perfect I love this shade.

on 1/7/2011 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this nail polish! It's one of my favorite polishes. It applies very smoothly; like butter! Two coats of this polish and it's entirely opaque. Super shiny finish as well. I would definitely by this polish again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Dislike. I was surprised to see so many positive reviews for this particular nail polish. I find the application of it completely horrible even with a base and top coat applied to the nails. It is streaky and uneven, doesn't settle well at all.
Will not reach for this very often, luckily it was a gift and I didn't have to pay for it and end up disliking it so much.

Popular Polishes