August 1, 2014 | 1058 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Badger - Cuticle Care

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Purchased after reading reviews & recs on Nail Board. Super glad that I did. My cuticles and nails are pathetic, and I'm constantly suffering from hangnails and roughness. Applying this very regularly makes a huge difference. I wash my hands quite often, and used to always apply hand cream, but my cuticles and nails still dried out. This balm does an infinitely better job. I still keep the hand cream around for all over my hands, but this goes on first and often I don't need anything else.

I like the sweet/herbal scent, though some might find it overpowering. I try not to apply around people who might be sensitive. It dissipates very quickly, fortunately.

At first the tiny tin seemed like an inconvenient packaging, but it's actually fine -- very portable and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Comes in a super cute little tin. Has little beads of solidified shea butter in n oil base. Rubbed into the cuticles and hands, it first seems a bit greasy but all those oils are quickly absorbed by the skin. The scent is amazing - citrusy with hints of floral. Would definitely buy again, now that one tin has finished. Oh, and one tin lasts quite long. Yes, it is quite expensive. I also like Burts Bees lemon cuticle cream, but this one has a medley of very-herbal scents. Almost like a spell of aromatherapy!
Badger is seriously cute....need more products like these. As demand gors up, hopefully prices will be reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This cuticle care product definitely works. Before going to bed I apply evenly to my fingers and toe fingers and wear gloves and socks. (You only need a small amount of product) And I wake up with softer cuticles. I ve used this regularly 10 days and it helped me a lot PLUS I am in love with these cute tins of badger :) So I recommend you to give it a try. Will I buy it again: I said yes but the correct answer should be No because one 56 gr tin will last me forever...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by anneemull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite cuticle conditioners. It is solid in the tin, but melts easily once you put a little on your finger and rub into your cuticles. It has a nice lemony smell. It is a little greasy feeling, but a little goes a long way. The tin will last a long time even with daily use. I generally use this at night when I won't be doing much with my hands for the rest of the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this product, absorbs quickly, very effective, great $! Only downside is the scent & I've taken 1 lippie off for that. I have actually stalled for months in purchasing more because of this, but it's probably about time...!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by littlejbird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used burt's bees for the longest time, but then I found that the Burts' Bees became gritty and dulling to my polish. It was time for a new cuticle balm. I was strolling through ULTA and picked this up! I took a chance without checking MUA first! I opened it up at home and first noticed the shea pearls underneath the little layer of oil. It also smells amazing! This is great, for a brief period your fingers are greasy, that's why I follow up with lotion to seal in the moisture. This is splendid and I would definetly buy again!
*UPDATE* I have has this for quite a while and it is still going strong. It lasts and lasts and lasts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by rowenaaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The absolute best in cuticle oil. It comes in a tub like Burt's Bees (screw off lid would be better so you don't break a nail getting it open), but smells like rosemary and citrus. Unlike Burt's Bees, does not get a rancid smell after having it for awhile. Dip your finger into the waxy contents and it immediately warms and softens to your touch. I put it on my cuticles every night (fingers and toes) and gently rub it in. For my hands, I follow with hand cream. Voila, no more dry cuticles or hang nails. Just wonderful. Yes, it is a little greasy when you first apply, which is why I recommend using it before bed, not so much during the day. But it does sink in pretty fast. I love this stuff, and the cute badger on the tin is an added attraction!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great cuticle moisturizer - it really worked for that purpose. I'm going ahead and giving it 4 lippies because of that.

However, I hated this. The scent made me feel kind of ill. I suspect it was the geranium essential oil as I've had another bad experience with that. I also had someone wrinkle their nose when I applied this so I don't think I'm the only one who hates the scent.

Anyway, the tin is cute and convenient for carrying around. I found it changed but basically held up at a range of temperatures as well. I think it's expensive though, especially since the eos definitely didn't add to the experience for me! I have moved to pure shea butter or Mad Gab's Moose Balm in Light Citrus. A relief. However I'm keeping the tin and planning to make my own version. I got some beeswax in a swap. If you mix that with olive oil you've got the unscented Badger Balm. If you add shea butter to that you've got something pretty close to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Isleta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is helping my cuticles, but even if it weren't I probably wouldn't care because it smells so great. It has oils of Geranium, Mandarin, Lemongrass, Cardamom, Rosemary and Ginger. I'm hooked on rubbing in that relaxing scent from that cute little tin as part of my bedtime ritual.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by 24kt

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Perfect product. Comes in an easy to use tin, and has a nice herbal scent. Product sinks into the skin and does make a difference in ragged cuticles. Can be hard to find but my local vitamin shoppe caries it.