Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute (for normal skin)

3.9

aqua(water),glycerin,butylene glycol,cyclomethicone,octyldodecanol,dimethicone,boron nitride,hydrogenated vegetable oil,hydroxyethyl urea,simmondsia chinesis (jojoba) seed oil,PPG-20 methyl glucose,sesquistearate,xylitylglucosides,cetearyl alcohol,methyl glucose sesquistearate,anhydroxylitol,corylus avellana (hazel) seed oil,triticum vulgare (wheat) seed extract,opuntia vulgaris (cactus) extract,jasminum officinale (jasmine) extract,aloe barbadensis leaf extract,camellia sinesis leaf extract,saccharinum officinarium (sugar cane) extract,punica granatum extract,acacia senegal gum,cyathea medullaris leaf extract,bambusa vulgaris extract,avena strigosa seed xtract,camellia kissi seed oil,cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, glycine soya (soybean) oil,glycine soya (soybean) seed extract,helianthus annuus(sunflower) seed oil,lupinus albus seed extract,pisum sativum (pea) extract,prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) fruit extract,prunus amygdalus dulcis(sweet almond) oil,robinia pseudacacia flower extract,,algin,hydrohyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate,copolymer,tocopherol,xylitol,dimethicone crosspolymer,propylene glycol,squalane,phenoxyethanol,polyacrylate-13,acetylated glycol stearate,tristearin,methylpropanediol,polyisobutene,CI77891 (titaium dioxide),,allantoin,polysorbate 60,lecithin,chlorphenesin,tetrasodium EDTA,tromethamine,glycolic acid,dosodium EDTA,ethylhexylglycerin,tocopheryl succinate,polysorbate 20,citric acid,lactic acid,malic acid,decarboxy carnosine HCL,serine,sodium methylPARABEN, propylPARABEN, isobutylPARABEN,butylPARABEN, ethylPARABEN, methylPARABEN,ascorbic acis,sodium benzoate,parfum (fragrance),geraniol,limonene,linalool.

on 6/18/2011 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Amazing, simply amazing. Leaves healthy looking glow on the oily skin, absorbs beautifully. Good as a night creme. Smells very expensive! Very thick, so best to apply on your face and leave for a few sec without distributing all over the face, to warm it up. Then it absorbs very easily. Does not clog pores!!!! And I do have skin which clogs very very easily.

on 2/4/2011 6:36:00 AM

I don't really know how to feel about this moisturiser because I think for some it's probably great, though not for me.

I have combination and dehydrated skin and therefore I thought this would be worth a try. I tried the one for normal skin as I need moisture not oil.

The texture surprised me as it is very thick, but not in a greasy way, more on the dry side. If you apply to much you can actually see a white layer on your skin..The texture to me does'nt feel moisturising and leaves a somewhat sticky film behind, it feels like it is'nt absorbing properly. The scent also is very strong, almost herbal.

However I did not break me out or make me oily during the day, I just don't think that's enough to repurchase it.

on 12/13/2010 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

fabulous! i'm a fan of Nuxe. This is a great winter moisturizer for me. It's soothing, silky, not too heavy and smells very nice. i can use it as day moisturizer.

on 9/12/2010 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had received a sample from HBC and tried it on a whim. I liked the consistency and scent, but found it too heavy to wear during the day. However, it is an amazing night cream. Will not repurchase.....too pricey.

I have also tried the combination skin version of this cream. Unfortunately, it had a strong scent and I had experienced a tingling/slight burning sensation when I applied this product after cleansing my face. Again, will not purchase. This time due to dissatisfaction of product effectiveness.

on 3/16/2010 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Tried this for my dehydrated skin and was impressed. I like the smell and feel of it. Only gripe is the price and that it doesn't have any firming effect. My skin looks well-moisturised.

on 1/6/2010 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A really disappointing product. The first impression was bad, it looked cheap and smelled odd. It reminded me of some kind of medicine.
The cream is to light and you need a lot to rehydrate your face. It only lasted two months for me because I needed so much every time I used it. The cream does not sink in fast enough, the pasty white cream leaves a thin layer of cream on your face and makes it look lighter.
I would not repurchase it even if someone gave it to me, this cream is crap. Any cream from nivea is better.
The bad quality makes the product expensive, I usually use more expensive products, but they are worth the price because of the good quality.

on 12/26/2009 1:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I actually wanted to try the Creme de Beaute for Normal skin, but they only had samples for the Dry to Very Dry at Shopper's Drug Mart. This cream was great. I had a bunch of dry patches and tons of dried out/flaky acne that was taking forever to heal. I used two sample packets of this product for about 4 days, and my skin has almost completely healed. Even though I can have quite oily skin, this didn't make it oilier at all, and now that it's winter in Canada my skin is drying out --this product definitely helped. The only cons for this product are the packaging (tub=unhygienic), and the strange scent (can't be placed). Other than that can't wait to buy this.

*I might want to buy this in the Normal so it can be used year-round http://bit.ly/8dJqXw

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Very difficult to rate. Sometimes I want to give it a 5, others a 2, so I decided that a 3 was the fairest option. More a 3.5 but don't think it's quite worthy of a 4.

I have temperamental skin. It can look very nice, it can look utterly vile. All in all it's probably no worse than most average teenage skin. It's moderately sensitive, oily and a bit acne prone around the nose, in the middle of the forehead, around the hairline and on the inner cheeks. It also has a tendency to get very dry and when it flakes, which it very often does, the flakes are indestructible. I have to work at the flakey patches with scrub for minutes and minutes, then slather them with oily emollients. Frequently makeup will still catch in the bloody things, no matter how hard I try to avoid it. On top of this, I have these weird, red, slightly sore-looking patches on the area of my cheeks closest to my nose. I've no idea what they are, they cropped up a couple of years ago out of the blue. They're not dry or oily, they get blackheads on them frequently but can dry up as well. They can be covered with makeup but nothing seems to actually get rid of them, this moisturizer included, but that's no reflection on the product. I'm beginning to think nothing short of some kind of laser treatment will get rid of them so have pretty much given up in that respect.

Now, onto the moisturizer if you're still reading, which most of you probably aren't. I've tried the version for dry/very dry skin and for normal skin, and find the former to be a lot less sticky and filmy than the latter, although both do leave a bit of a film behind I'm afraid to say. Hopeless under makeup, it's far too sticky and patchy and coaty for that so don't bother layering concealer and foundation over this stuff unless you want it to collect in charming little clumps all over your t-zone. It does ease redness, quench dry patches, impart a nice irridescent glow for an hour or two after it's applied and keep your skin generally in check. It's not a miracle worker, and I don't buy that it's improved the condition of my stupid skin long term because its effects are very temporary, but it's a good product (perhaps not quite good enough to warrant the price), smells nice and herbal, doesn't irritate and leaves your skin soft as a baby's arse if you apply it before you go to bed.

Over-application will result in gooey pilling and a layer of the stuff around the edges of your face that can be a, seen, and b, scraped off. You have been warned. Again, not a product so amazing that it feels as though it's been bestowed by the gods, but a decent enough high end face cream and worth a punt if you can afford it.

continued >>

on 11/29/2009 6:54:00 PM

Love this moisturizer. I have sensitive rosacea-prone skin and use this as my night-time cream. It moisturizes and hydrates really well and visibly reduces redness, tightness or itchy dry skin. I'll even use this on my arms and elbows when they get noticeably dry and itchy for immediate relief.
The only snag is that the cream is slightly too thick and causes minor break-outs if I use it every night. I now use my lighter daytime moisturizer in its place every third night and that seems to fix the problem. I may try the light formula for combination skin once I run out to see how that works.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im not so sure about this one.. the creme itself feels weird when you apply it, like it's a bit clumpy.. but it does give alot of moisture to the skin.. I dont know really.. I didnt like it right away, its fine for now.. Im gonna update, because I've only used this for 2 days.. so for now, I wouldnt buy this again.. get a sample first, so you know if it's worth buying.. UPDATE: this is a really rich, without being too much.. I've got oily skin, but this is actually balancing my skin.. It's really cold here now in Norway, but I feel my skin is prepared when I step outside, with this applied.. Im used to the smell now, but overall this is a good general moisturizer everybody should have.. but its without SPF, so thats bad.. but otherwise I dont have breakouts with this, and its gentle on the skin.. but next time Im gonna buy the chanel multivitamin cream..

Popular Moisturizers