November 27, 2014 | 1411 users online

Moisturizers - Nuxe - Creme Fraiche de Beaute (for normal skin)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Vyzie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Tried this for my dehydrated skin and was impressed. I like the smell and feel of it. Only gripe is the price and that it doesn't have any firming effect. My skin looks well-moisturised.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A really disappointing product. The first impression was bad, it looked cheap and smelled odd. It reminded me of some kind of medicine.
The cream is to light and you need a lot to rehydrate your face. It only lasted two months for me because I needed so much every time I used it. The cream does not sink in fast enough, the pasty white cream leaves a thin layer of cream on your face and makes it look lighter.
I would not repurchase it even if someone gave it to me, this cream is crap. Any cream from nivea is better.
The bad quality makes the product expensive, I usually use more expensive products, but they are worth the price because of the good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ophelianyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually wanted to try the Creme de Beaute for Normal skin, but they only had samples for the Dry to Very Dry at Shopper's Drug Mart. This cream was great. I had a bunch of dry patches and tons of dried out/flaky acne that was taking forever to heal. I used two sample packets of this product for about 4 days, and my skin has almost completely healed. Even though I can have quite oily skin, this didn't make it oilier at all, and now that it's winter in Canada my skin is drying out --this product definitely helped. The only cons for this product are the packaging (tub=unhygienic), and the strange scent (can't be placed). Other than that can't wait to buy this.

*I might want to buy this in the Normal so it can be used year-round http://bit.ly/8dJqXw

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by ArretezCharlotte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very difficult to rate. Sometimes I want to give it a 5, others a 2, so I decided that a 3 was the fairest option. More a 3.5 but don't think it's quite worthy of a 4.

I have temperamental skin. It can look very nice, it can look utterly vile. All in all it's probably no worse than most average teenage skin. It's moderately sensitive, oily and a bit acne prone around the nose, in the middle of the forehead, around the hairline and on the inner cheeks. It also has a tendency to get very dry and when it flakes, which it very often does, the flakes are indestructible. I have to work at the flakey patches with scrub for minutes and minutes, then slather them with oily emollients. Frequently makeup will still catch in the bloody things, no matter how hard I try to avoid it. On top of this, I have these weird, red, slightly sore-looking patches on the area of my cheeks closest to my nose. I've no idea what they are, they cropped up a couple of years ago out of the blue. They're not dry or oily, they get blackheads on them frequently but can dry up as well. They can be covered with makeup but nothing seems to actually get rid of them, this moisturizer included, but that's no reflection on the product. I'm beginning to think nothing short of some kind of laser treatment will get rid of them so have pretty much given up in that respect.

Now, onto the moisturizer if you're still reading, which most of you probably aren't. I've tried the version for dry/very dry skin and for normal skin, and find the former to be a lot less sticky and filmy than the latter, although both do leave a bit of a film behind I'm afraid to say. Hopeless under makeup, it's far too sticky and patchy and coaty for that so don't bother layering concealer and foundation over this stuff unless you want it to collect in charming little clumps all over your t-zone. It does ease redness, quench dry patches, impart a nice irridescent glow for an hour or two after it's applied and keep your skin generally in check. It's not a miracle worker, and I don't buy that it's improved the condition of my stupid skin long term because its effects are very temporary, but it's a good product (perhaps not quite good enough to warrant the price), smells nice and herbal, doesn't irritate and leaves your skin soft as a baby's arse if you apply it before you go to bed.

Over-application will result in gooey pilling and a layer of the stuff around the edges of your face that can be a, seen, and b, scraped off. You have been warned. Again, not a product so amazing that it feels as though it's been bestowed by the gods, but a decent enough high end face cream and worth a punt if you can afford it.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by igrancea

Love this moisturizer. I have sensitive rosacea-prone skin and use this as my night-time cream. It moisturizes and hydrates really well and visibly reduces redness, tightness or itchy dry skin. I'll even use this on my arms and elbows when they get noticeably dry and itchy for immediate relief.
The only snag is that the cream is slightly too thick and causes minor break-outs if I use it every night. I now use my lighter daytime moisturizer in its place every third night and that seems to fix the problem. I may try the light formula for combination skin once I run out to see how that works.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sakinaskincare

Im not so sure about this one.. the creme itself feels weird when you apply it, like it's a bit clumpy.. but it does give alot of moisture to the skin.. I dont know really.. I didnt like it right away, its fine for now.. Im gonna update, because I've only used this for 2 days.. so for now, I wouldnt buy this again.. get a sample first, so you know if it's worth buying.. UPDATE: this is a really rich, without being too much.. I've got oily skin, but this is actually balancing my skin.. It's really cold here now in Norway, but I feel my skin is prepared when I step outside, with this applied.. Im used to the smell now, but overall this is a good general moisturizer everybody should have.. but its without SPF, so thats bad.. but otherwise I dont have breakouts with this, and its gentle on the skin.. but next time Im gonna buy the chanel multivitamin cream..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice, thick and very suitable for the night time. Leaves my skin very dewy and non-blotchy when I wake up! VERY moisturizing and suitable for the winter. Just concerned with the amount of parabens in this product...

UPDATE: After finishing the entire tub, I have quite a few things to say about the product.

-It is really a basic wintertime moisturizer, it does nothing other than moisturize, it doesn't really make your skin "glowly" because it doesn't contain any gentle exfoliating ingredients
-For hygiene purposes, you should dip a new cotton bud into the product to get it out each time. Don't use your fingers, ick! I don't mind the tub, because at least I know I'm not wasting the product.
-The product is a bit hard to push around your face, I guess the formula isn't liquid enough, unlike the Creme Fraiche Light
-I wish there wasn't fragrance in this product, but I do love the smell. It is a very floral and natural scent that won't irritate you.
-I don't like the long list of ingredients at all. This is rated an 8/10 (10 being the highest) on the scale of cosmetics hazards on cosmeticsdatabase.org

I won't be repurchasing because I found a better alternative - the Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ekma2008

I've been using it for a week now and I am pretty satisfied with it. I have a dehydrated combination skin and I bought it to use in autumn and winter. I think it will be too heavy for summer. Dont have breakouts after using it and it doesnt clog the pores, And I like the smell, it is light and hearby.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by alizarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a great moisturizer for me when I'm dryer during the winter. It's soothing, does not feel uncomfortable or like it leaves a film of weird chemicals. It smells really nice. Overall, I'm a fan of Nuxe products, and this is not one of the fewer exceptions. It's fabulous, even for us with acne-prone and/or oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by parapara01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Texture
Scent
Opaque glass jar

Cons:
None

Conclusion:
A great alternative to La Mer. I like to feel cream on my skin and this is very thick when first applied but your face will absorb everything. In the morning I woke up soft and dewy. It had a nice light herbal scent and it did exactly what it said it would do which is deliver great hydration.

Alternative:
Cream De La Mer - for someone who has normal skin and likes a thick cream that doesn't cause blemishes this is the only other thing that comes close, but the Nuxe is far better.