Physicians Formula Organic Wear

3.4

Claims to be 100 Free of harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives, parabens, GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms), synthetic colors, and synthetic fragrances. Also claims to be 100 cruelty free. Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 5.0 Inactive ingredients: Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (orange) fruit water*, Water, Alcohol SD (Denatured with certified organic lavender oil)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Helianthus Annulus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Lecithin (Soybean)*, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil*, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Unsaponifiables, Garcinia Indica Seed Butter*, Alginic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Wheat Bran Glucosides, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydrated Silica, Iron Oxide, Xantan Gum. *Produced from Organic Farming ***

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product exceeded my expectation for a drug-store cheap cosmetic item. I usually buy Estee Lauder, Lancome and Mac. I am trying to steer towards drug-store cosmetics because I don't think that price determine quality.

I was tired of the unnatural look of a full coverage foundation, so I thought that I should try tinted moisturizer. Also, I am preparing for a make up routine for the summer. I am oily, so it gets very hot, and foundation is just too thick on my skin.

Product: I am very happy with the coverage. It even out my skin tone without making my skin look too cakey or unnatural. The color I chose was light to tan, which blended my skin really well for the winter time. I'm worried that it might become too light for summer time though. I wish PF would produce more colors for this product.

How I apply: I put on milk of magnesium to control oil, I then put on face primer, concealer, the TM, and then brozer.

A lot of people complain that it is too oily, but I think that applying your make up the right way will reduce this problem. Remember that this is a cross between moisturizer and foundation. You kind of have to treat it like both. Because it's a foundation, you can't just lay it on your bare skin. So, prime your skin with face primer and oil control product then lay on your foundation. Because it's a moisturizer, you don't have to add on another layer of moisturizer because then you'll be extra greasy.

Packaging: I love it! It comes in a tube, which is very hygienic. I don't know why some brands continue to NOT package foundation this way.

Fragrance: People have complained, but I love the smell of it. It smells like clay or dirt. I think it smells natural and relaxing...like you're putting on a clay mask at a spa. Anyway, it goes away.

If all goes well and I don't break out, I will stick to this TM until the end of summer.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this daily rather than a foundation because my skin is so dry. It's very light coverage, but that's perfect for me as I have little to no acne. I like the earthy smell, too. My only qualm is that they could have a lighter shade. All in all, great product! :D

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Love this product ! Like a lot of organic/natural skin products, it has that essential oil fragrance which I like. Comes out watery but provides sufficient coverage for normal, unblemished skin. Works great for my combination/dry skin, esp if I am in an air-conditioned office the whole day, but I do use a moisturizer underneath.

May not work as well for oily skins though. Could be too moisturising.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this, it evens out my skin and makes my blemishes less noticeable (of course it's not meant for full coverage so I should probably add concealer, but I'm not into a lot of makeup, and as long as I don't have a glowing red flag on my face, I'm fine.) I actually adore the smell. It's really natural. I haven't tried any other tinted moisturizers to add balance to this, but so far, I'm really liking it. It's more tinted than it is a moisturizer though, it doesn't do much for the dryer parts of my skin, but I use it over my normal everyday moisturizer and I'm fine. Just a quick note: If you hate going to those vegetable markets out in the country side, don't buy this. The smell is gonna be strange and maybe even unpleasant to you. It smells like vegetables, and lavender. Sounds strange, but I love it. Honestly, just give it a try, I almost wasn't going to buy it because of bad reviews, but I bought it on impulse and I love it.

I bought this hoping for a nice TM that was affordable, as well as with more natural ingredients. I hated it. This stuff is so watery and doesn't provide any coverage. It's like I'm smearing oil and water on my face. Eww. The smell was decent. Very herbal and a bit woodsy. Kind of liked it.
That's the only reason I gave it 2 lippies.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This experience didn't go so well. The first day I used it, I loved the glow of my skin. However, as the weather got warmer here, my skin got oilier, and this does not put up well with oily skin or heat!! After just one hour, my skin is super oily :(. Another thing I really didn't like was the smell. It smells....organic.... but it just bothered my skin. I probably would like this if I didn't have oily skin.

This made my face burn, turn bright red, and get little bumps within minutes. Very irritating to my skin

EDIT: I'm taking off, for the packaging. For a while, it would leak, but only into the cap, no biggie. Yesterday I opened up my makeup bag, and about 3 weeks of product had completely covered my makeup. Such a disappointment.

Original:
I'm really sad this has gotten so many low ratings. I absolutely love this...I thats hard for me to say with a lot of face makeup. This matches my skin tone almost perfectly, which has been a first.I'm not quite sure how to word all the pros, so let me try. First, it really helps clear up my dry skin. I woke up one morning with a huge dry area on my forehead, and by noon it had cleared up (yes, I was wearing the tinted moisturizer btw), Second, It really help even out this skin tone. It's not made for "coverage," that's what concealer and foundation are for. Many people confuse the differences of foundation and tinted moisturizer, and believe me, there are two completely different intentions for them. (the container does leak a little bit, but it has only come out of the lid once, when I was traveling)

I usually can't stand giving products low ratings, and try many ways to make a product somehow work, but it is impossible with this tinted moisturizer! The only good about this product was that the colour I got, Light to Natural, was a good match at the time. Although I don't like my foundations to have a smell I didn't find the lavender-"natural" smell unpleasant (however I do hate the alcohol-y smell.) Anyways, I don't have problem skin and it can pretty much take any skincare/makeup product, but this made my skin itch, burn, flake, and break out. It looks bad, too - accentuates flakes but greasy looking at the same time, gives no coverage but still looks masky.

I didn't even end up using this on my face. I tried it out on the back of my hand, and it had a greasy feeling to it. Also, it irritated a scratch that I didn't even know I had until I put this stuff on. The scratch was non-existent, then I put this stuff on and it burned and made it all red. I then read the reviews on here, and someone else said it burned her face and made it red, so I'm def not even attempting the face!