July 26, 2014 | 1081 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by lovelyKk

This stuff is liquid gold in my opinion! Best highlighter I have ever used, am not even interested in trying another... It may be expensive but you use so little that it will last forever. I use this every time I do my makeup. Use my Sigma F35 tapered highlighter brush; cheekbones, nose, bam, done! Don't waste your money on anything else. Packaging is beautiful, highest quality of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by tecnogrl

Definitely my HG highlighter. I returned my Hourglass Ambient Lighting and got this instead. This is everything I had hoped the Hourglass would be. It's subtle but I can definitely see the difference when I use it. It gives my face a soft warm glow. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying out all types of highlighters I love this the best. I thought it was just overhyped but I tried it on in Sephora and now I understand! Itís sooooo beautiful when I apply this to my cheekbones. I get a gorgeous natural glow. I bought the Amber Diamond as well as the Rose Diamond and I love them equally. Definitely my holy grail highlighters! I highly recommend you go out and buy these now! If not at LEAST try them out!! Itís worth every penny and they give you sooo much product that will last a long time!
Also the packaging is just BEAUTIFUL.

HOLY GRAIL HIGHLIGHTER

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

if I ever run out of this product I'd run out to buy it again in a heartbeat! I seriously put off buying this because I figured I just didn't need to shell out the $$$ for something that seems so unnecessary.

what made me cave in was the fact I got it for 20% off at macy's hahaha! I just opened a credit card with them and it came with a 1-day discount deal so I decided this was the perfect time to satisfy my curiosity.

and I love it! dusting a bit on my cheek bones gives me such a beautiful glow. I have combo-acne prone skin and this product doesn't disturb it at all. the smallest strip is an off white color which looks amazing popped right on the brow bone. I believe it's a twin match for nars' albatross. so instead of forking over $30 for one shade of nars product, you're getting much more variety with the dior highlighter.

I've even used it as an eyeshadow to give a kick to my natural everyday makeup when I don't feel like using my matte neutrals.

this guy will last forever which makes me happy knowing that I'm really getting the most for my $$! I'm not tempted to get rose diamond because I already have MAC mineralize skinfinish in blonde.

I doubted this product so much and I'm happy I gave it a chance. it's now a staple for my everyday makeup routine. it really is one of those things were you have to try it before you dismiss it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by abilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Despite all the hype around this product, I was so sure that I would hate it. I tend to go towards matte non-shimmery highlighters like High Beam or creams like Strobe Cream (holla, dry skin). So, a shimmery powder? I assumed that it would be awful.

I. Was. Wrong.

Amber Diamond is incredible for my skin - which is dry, warm-toned and fairly dark. It is soft, subtle and just brightens up my entire face. I use it as a subtle eyeshadow as well. It is amazing, despite its hellish price tag. If you can afford it, go for it. Honestly. It's incredibly buttery, finely milled and soft. Definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is very subtle and doesn't make my oily skin look oiler.
It just gives my face a nice dimension and it's almost impossible to overdo it even with a heavy hand.

Love it, would repurchase (although I don't ever think I'd run out because this stuff lasts forever)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by nataliejanexx

Love this product! first item from dior i have ever tried and i am very happy!

only thing i dont like is the price £32.50 but for the brand and quality i can justify it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lovely packaging, Lovely product. I've wanted this highlighter for ages and finally decided to treat myself to this during the holidays. Its certainly a gorgeous cheek highlight but it does function quite nicely as a subtle eyeshadow palette as well. Its great for travel with the large compact mirror. Although this product is expensive the quality is certainly up to par for the price you pay, its smooth, pigmented and has great lasting power. Although there is nothing incredibly unique about the colour of this product the effective it gives on the skin is unmatched in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by stl

It took me a while to get this product as I am the one who prefers (or tries!) to use up products before buying a new one, and as I had BeneFit High beam already, I was admiring from afar. My BeneFit was finishing when my husband surprised me with this. And I must say I absolutely love it. It gives subtle light to my skin and makes it look gorgeous!!
I had concern before getting this about the shades, and whether Rose Diamond was more suitable for my skin, but I must say whether you like that bronzey look or not, this doesn't actually give much color just lovely warm sheen, so it works on all skintone. The packaging is classic and luxurious. I think they are a bit heavier than Chanel packaging, but that sure does make them feel more luxurious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

This is the only highlighter I own, and probablu always will be. I think the main reason that differentiates it from every other highlighter out there is that itís very warm-based Ė most highlighters I have tried have a very artificial pearly white cast to them not to mention a ton of glitter. Thankfully, Amber Diamond is neither, and this is what makes it look so natural on a variety of skin tones. It goes without saying that the powder is so incredibly finely milled, swiping it gently with my fingers feels buttery soft. Amber Diamond contains 5 shimmering shades Ė they are frosty, but full of micro-shimmer which means once on the skin it results in a natural glowy sheen that never looks like too much, it gives that coveted Ďlit from withiní healthy glow, and makes me look healthy. As Iím medium toned, it gives a very slight hint of golden colour on my cheeks, but it definitely does not darken my complexion, thatís what a bronzer is for after all. Paler skin tones will really love this.

The 5 shimmering shades are; an ivory with golden-yellow frost (very similar to MACís Ricepaper), a champagne, tan, bronze and golden peach. When each shade is swirled together, it creates a beautiful warm tan shade. Each shade is semi-opaque with a sheer wash of colour Ė which is precisely the point Ė it is actually impossible to overdo Amber Diamond because the powder itself isnít full of pigment. It just infuses with your skin and will never make you look like a disco ball.