Dior Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

4.6

mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn) starch, dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua (water), nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, c13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. [ /-: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 CI 77499 CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens)].

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

What is a beauty addict's worst nightmare? Falling in love with a product that is...sadly discontinued. That's what happened to me when I discovered the holy grail of highlighters, Dior Poudre shimmer, the universally famous Amber Diamond. I found out that, while it's still available at overseas Dior counters as Sephora US and Nordstrom, it's already been discontinued in best part of Europe but, after a frantic search on line, I was able to order it from Harrods (where else?), the famous London department store.

So now that I've got it, was it worth it?

In a word, yes. It is an incredibly flattering combination of shades ranging from champagne gold to soft golden bronze but what makes it outstanding is the formula. It is a very fined milled pressed powder that creates a natural sheen, never frosty or over the top, highlighting the cheeks with a subtle but definitely there glow. It doesn't darken the skin, don't be fooled, it's not a bronzer or a blush, but leaves a beautiful shimmer with warm undertones. I've been using it everyday for the last couple of weeks and it still looks brandnew, so I'm chauffed with my investment. If you can, snatch it before it's gone forever!

This is a wonderful highlighter to warm up the face and give it a little something extra. I have a cooler toned complexion so i didn't know how well it would work out but I ended up loving it. The powder particles are really fine so I love how it doesn't accentuate my large pores. It may seem a little pricey but the compact contains a decent amount of product so it still seems like a good deal. I got mine during a Sephora sale a year and half ago and still have a lot left. Love love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is liquid gold in my opinion! Best highlighter I have ever used, am not even interested in trying another... It may be expensive but you use so little that it will last forever. I use this every time I do my makeup. Use my Sigma F35 tapered highlighter brush; cheekbones, nose, bam, done! Don't waste your money on anything else. Packaging is beautiful, highest quality of product.

Definitely my HG highlighter. I returned my Hourglass Ambient Lighting and got this instead. This is everything I had hoped the Hourglass would be. It's subtle but I can definitely see the difference when I use it. It gives my face a soft warm glow. Love this!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

After trying out all types of highlighters I love this the best. I thought it was just overhyped but I tried it on in Sephora and now I understand! Its sooooo beautiful when I apply this to my cheekbones. I get a gorgeous natural glow. I bought the Amber Diamond as well as the Rose Diamond and I love them equally. Definitely my holy grail highlighters! I highly recommend you go out and buy these now! If not at LEAST try them out!! Its worth every penny and they give you sooo much product that will last a long time!
Also the packaging is just BEAUTIFUL.

HOLY GRAIL HIGHLIGHTER

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

if I ever run out of this product I'd run out to buy it again in a heartbeat! I seriously put off buying this because I figured I just didn't need to shell out the $$$ for something that seems so unnecessary.

what made me cave in was the fact I got it for 20% off at macy's hahaha! I just opened a credit card with them and it came with a 1-day discount deal so I decided this was the perfect time to satisfy my curiosity.

and I love it! dusting a bit on my cheek bones gives me such a beautiful glow. I have combo-acne prone skin and this product doesn't disturb it at all. the smallest strip is an off white color which looks amazing popped right on the brow bone. I believe it's a twin match for nars' albatross. so instead of forking over $30 for one shade of nars product, you're getting much more variety with the dior highlighter.

I've even used it as an eyeshadow to give a kick to my natural everyday makeup when I don't feel like using my matte neutrals.

this guy will last forever which makes me happy knowing that I'm really getting the most for my $$! I'm not tempted to get rose diamond because I already have MAC mineralize skinfinish in blonde.

I doubted this product so much and I'm happy I gave it a chance. it's now a staple for my everyday makeup routine. it really is one of those things were you have to try it before you dismiss it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Despite all the hype around this product, I was so sure that I would hate it. I tend to go towards matte non-shimmery highlighters like High Beam or creams like Strobe Cream (holla, dry skin). So, a shimmery powder? I assumed that it would be awful.

I. Was. Wrong.

Amber Diamond is incredible for my skin - which is dry, warm-toned and fairly dark. It is soft, subtle and just brightens up my entire face. I use it as a subtle eyeshadow as well. It is amazing, despite its hellish price tag. If you can afford it, go for it. Honestly. It's incredibly buttery, finely milled and soft. Definitely worth it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This highlighter is very subtle and doesn't make my oily skin look oiler.
It just gives my face a nice dimension and it's almost impossible to overdo it even with a heavy hand.

Love it, would repurchase (although I don't ever think I'd run out because this stuff lasts forever)

Love this product! first item from dior i have ever tried and i am very happy!

only thing i dont like is the price 32.50 but for the brand and quality i can justify it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lovely packaging, Lovely product. I've wanted this highlighter for ages and finally decided to treat myself to this during the holidays. Its certainly a gorgeous cheek highlight but it does function quite nicely as a subtle eyeshadow palette as well. Its great for travel with the large compact mirror. Although this product is expensive the quality is certainly up to par for the price you pay, its smooth, pigmented and has great lasting power. Although there is nothing incredibly unique about the colour of this product the effective it gives on the skin is unmatched in my opinion.