April 17, 2014 | 1585 users online

Palettes - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 001 Rose Diamond, Spring 08

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by barbiepink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a very pretty highlight (as it should be for the price that it retails and I love most Dior products) but honestly..use any of your other golden/light highlighter and add a soft pinkish rose blush as base and I get a dupe of this Rose Diamond on my cheeks. If the color and sheen were unique it would've been great, but once applied it looks like any other pink highlighter. My friend also purchased this and at first our faces glowed and looked nice, but hours later it reveals all your negative skin textures (lines, wrinkles or pores) and we have absolutely no such noticeable qualities to begin with (both clear skin) before this product started to show them).

Another issue is the delicacy of this shimmer powder, it can easily break or crack so I wouldn't carry this around in my purse at all cost. It's THAT easy to break into pieces.

I suggest trying this at a Dior counter or Sephora then walk around elsewhere for a few hours and see how the product sets in your face, you'll most likely know what I mean. (But let's hope not!)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by DJHOTPINK

The search for the perfect shimmer blush is over. I use this first then my fave blush or sometimes I use it alone just to give my face a glowy look. I received lots of compliments since I started using it and my face looks absolutely gorgeous on photos. I just prefer the pop diamond as a blush than this one. But pop diamond is LE. Its just expensive but its worth it

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by NLilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this product. After reading so many good reviews I thought this would be the shimmer powder to end them all. I had to try it. So I went to the store and the SA applied a liberal amount on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. At first it looked lovely and glowy, but I resisted temptation and decided to head off and see how it set. About an hour later I looked in the mirror and was shocked to see huge pores revealing themselves all over! Now I know I have quite large pores but never seen them like this... as highlighted as can be plus ones I never noticed before (I am not one to miss a thing). I also looked like I was sweating quite badly (although it's freezing in the UK at the moment and my skin was dry).
Determined for some reason that this product was really fabulous, I was sure the SA applied it wrong... so decided to return another day and apply it myself with a powder brush, a very small amount on top of my cheek bones and side of my eyes where no large pores are present. Again it looked lovely in the shop and my boyfriend liked it too, but I knew I better wait some time for it to set before buying... I'm glad I did. within the hour every tiny 'crack' in my skin was highlighted (and I don't have wrinkles) and my boyfriend said my pores were highlighted. I tried blending it in with my fingers and looked at my finger tips.. every tiny crack was highlighted on them too. That was it for me. Really wanted it to work, but didn't. Decided to go with Bobbi B Shimmer Brick (Rose) instead - softer glow but no pores.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd wanted this for absolutely ages, and when I saw it on a discount website for over $20 cheaper than it retails in Australia, I decided to buy it as an end-of-exam treat. I'd say this is more of a highlighter/blush, and I use it like that, with the darker colours on my cheeks, and the lighter colours on my cheekbones. I prefer to use it at night, because it can easily become over-the-top, but it's quite pretty when applied lightly for during the day too. The packaging is everything you would expect of a HE brand, sturdy, attractive and luxurious. I didn't give this a 5 though, because I feel the powder could be milled a bit finer...so I'm even more glad I got this on special. Would I buy it again? Probably not. I do love it, and I'm certainly glad I got it, but I feel there's other highlighters out there that are better and cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by joshquinto

Tried it on at sephora, it looked very nice inside the store. But when I got home, it was just blah! I've only used it once or twice and now it's just there. I can't return it anymore cuz I got lazy. Probably just swap it. Nothing special about it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by saki35

Bought this recently and love love love this!! Its pretty pricey but I wear it everyday and there is loads of product in the compact so would last well. Makes my skin glow and makes it look flawless. dust it all over the face and use the lighter shades to highlight the cheekbones and nose. Really pretty..think this will be in my make up bag forever now that I have discovered it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would not buy again, and have gotten rid of both Rose and Amber Diamond. While the powder is of good quality, hence a 3, I don't like the finish of these powders. The high-wattage, whitish-looking sheen Rose Diamond is not spectacular on me. I also did not like the sheen or color of Amber Diamond. I prefer to have a few flecks of sparkle on my face rather than an overly shiny, dirty mess like Rose Diamond. Just because a powder's shimmer is super, super fine, does not mean the glow is great--for me anyhow. IMO, the price is outrageous for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by xserenity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this over my blush, and my skin looks absolutely radiant! The glitters are not too much, and it makes your face look alive. There are actually dimensions to my face. I would definitely but it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by MandaLuv1119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is exactly what I was looking for in a shimmer/highlighter product. It gives a subtle glow without adding too much glitter or color. The shades of pink look great on my cool-toned skin. It makes a great alternative to bronzer for those of us who can't seem to pull bronzer off. It's quite expensive, but it's gorgeous and should last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by VenusReinvented

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh what divine intervention led me to this blush that day. I had gone to the mall in search of something completely different, braving rain and hail in the middle of a freezing Pacific NW winter day shrouded in its typical depressing grey, never knowing that fate was about to smile on me. And if anyone had told me even an hour before that I would walk out of Sephora that day gladly paying $47 for an overpriced, psychedelically blue compact of frosty white-pink highlighter I would not have believed them! But such was the case and just like that, a HG was born.

I can't say much about this product that others haven't already. It comes in a blue oblong Dior compact. Inside there are several strips of what appears to be very shimmery almost frosty colors. They range from a white (which actually flashes pink on skin - very cool), to a pale silvery pink, to a slightly darker silvery-taupey pink to finally a single narrow bar of a bright, vibrant rose pink at the very end. I can and often do use the first 3 colors as highlighter on my eyes but mostly I use this straight up as a blush. I swirl a big fluffy blush all across the pressed powder (it is a hard powder so you can swirl with devilish abandon - it won't pick up too much) & then I sweep it up and down my cheekbones and a little on to the apples of my cheeks. This gives the most honest to goodness natural flush I have ever had from a blush. It looks like my skin and if it flashes a golden sheen in some light it manages to do so without accentuating every little flaw in my skin. I love, love, love this and despite the quite outrageous price tag will buy this again and again if I ever run out or *gasp* something mischievous happens to part me from it, my one true love!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No