Dior Shimmer Powder 001 Rose Diamond, Spring 08

4.5

Ingredients: mica, talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, zea mays (corn starch), dimethicone, dipentaerythrityl hexahtdroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, sorbitan stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, butylene glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, aqua, nylon-12, polyacrylamide, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid, C13-14 isoparaffin, xanthan gum, laureth-7. May contain: silica, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491/CI 77499/CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77007 (ultramarines) CI 19140 (yellow 5), CI 77742 (manganese violet) CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens).

I'm glad that my skin color is light enough so that I can use it as my blush as well. It's a multi-purpose product. I use it on my eyes as well. But there are days when I think it's way too glittery (maybe it depends on the lighting). I found that you have to blend it into your skin really well to get a more natural effect. I would like if they made it smaller and put a brush in the package. I think it will last me forever, but when I'm done I don't think I'll repurchase unless I find a way to make it work every time
Update: I actually found a way to make it work for me. And now I LOVE it. I take my Dior blush brush and dip the very tip of the brush into this powder, next I use a light hand to apply it to the top of my cheekbones, and to get that candle-lit effect I repeatedly move the brush along my cheekbones. I found that it's the perfect way to use this product for me. I am so glad I didn't throw it out like I was going to

on 1/6/2011 3:01:00 AM

Overall this is a very pretty highlight (as it should be for the price that it retails and I love most Dior products) but honestly..use any of your other golden/light highlighter and add a soft pinkish rose blush as base and I get a dupe of this Rose Diamond on my cheeks. If the color and sheen were unique it would've been great, but once applied it looks like any other pink highlighter. My friend also purchased this and at first our faces glowed and looked nice, but hours later it reveals all your negative skin textures (lines, wrinkles or pores) and we have absolutely no such noticeable qualities to begin with (both clear skin) before this product started to show them).

Another issue is the delicacy of this shimmer powder, it can easily break or crack so I wouldn't carry this around in my purse at all cost. It's THAT easy to break into pieces.

I suggest trying this at a Dior counter or Sephora then walk around elsewhere for a few hours and see how the product sets in your face, you'll most likely know what I mean. (But let's hope not!)

on 11/30/2010 4:12:00 AM

The search for the perfect shimmer blush is over. I use this first then my fave blush or sometimes I use it alone just to give my face a glowy look. I received lots of compliments since I started using it and my face looks absolutely gorgeous on photos. I just prefer the pop diamond as a blush than this one. But pop diamond is LE. Its just expensive but its worth it

on 11/28/2010 1:17:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product. After reading so many good reviews I thought this would be the shimmer powder to end them all. I had to try it. So I went to the store and the SA applied a liberal amount on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. At first it looked lovely and glowy, but I resisted temptation and decided to head off and see how it set. About an hour later I looked in the mirror and was shocked to see huge pores revealing themselves all over! Now I know I have quite large pores but never seen them like this... as highlighted as can be plus ones I never noticed before (I am not one to miss a thing). I also looked like I was sweating quite badly (although it's freezing in the UK at the moment and my skin was dry).
Determined for some reason that this product was really fabulous, I was sure the SA applied it wrong... so decided to return another day and apply it myself with a powder brush, a very small amount on top of my cheek bones and side of my eyes where no large pores are present. Again it looked lovely in the shop and my boyfriend liked it too, but I knew I better wait some time for it to set before buying... I'm glad I did. within the hour every tiny 'crack' in my skin was highlighted (and I don't have wrinkles) and my boyfriend said my pores were highlighted. I tried blending it in with my fingers and looked at my finger tips.. every tiny crack was highlighted on them too. That was it for me. Really wanted it to work, but didn't. Decided to go with Bobbi B Shimmer Brick (Rose) instead - softer glow but no pores.

on 8/10/2010 2:03:00 AM

I'd wanted this for absolutely ages, and when I saw it on a discount website for over $20 cheaper than it retails in Australia, I decided to buy it as an end-of-exam treat. I'd say this is more of a highlighter/blush, and I use it like that, with the darker colours on my cheeks, and the lighter colours on my cheekbones. I prefer to use it at night, because it can easily become over-the-top, but it's quite pretty when applied lightly for during the day too. The packaging is everything you would expect of a HE brand, sturdy, attractive and luxurious. I didn't give this a 5 though, because I feel the powder could be milled a bit finer...so I'm even more glad I got this on special. Would I buy it again? Probably not. I do love it, and I'm certainly glad I got it, but I feel there's other highlighters out there that are better and cheaper.

on 7/9/2010 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Tried it on at sephora, it looked very nice inside the store. But when I got home, it was just blah! I've only used it once or twice and now it's just there. I can't return it anymore cuz I got lazy. Probably just swap it. Nothing special about it.

on 5/11/2010 6:54:00 AM

Bought this recently and love love love this!! Its pretty pricey but I wear it everyday and there is loads of product in the compact so would last well. Makes my skin glow and makes it look flawless. dust it all over the face and use the lighter shades to highlight the cheekbones and nose. Really pretty..think this will be in my make up bag forever now that I have discovered it

on 4/20/2010 10:19:00 PM

I would not buy again, and have gotten rid of both Rose and Amber Diamond. While the powder is of good quality, hence a 3, I don't like the finish of these powders. The high-wattage, whitish-looking sheen Rose Diamond is not spectacular on me. I also did not like the sheen or color of Amber Diamond. I prefer to have a few flecks of sparkle on my face rather than an overly shiny, dirty mess like Rose Diamond. Just because a powder's shimmer is super, super fine, does not mean the glow is great--for me anyhow. IMO, the price is outrageous for what it is.

on 4/14/2010 2:38:00 PM

I use this over my blush, and my skin looks absolutely radiant! The glitters are not too much, and it makes your face look alive. There are actually dimensions to my face. I would definitely but it again.

on 4/12/2010 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is exactly what I was looking for in a shimmer/highlighter product. It gives a subtle glow without adding too much glitter or color. The shades of pink look great on my cool-toned skin. It makes a great alternative to bronzer for those of us who can't seem to pull bronzer off. It's quite expensive, but it's gorgeous and should last a while.

Popular Palettes