December 20, 2014 | 1523 users online

Loose Powders - Becca - Fine Loose Finishing Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 7:08:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this product for a couple of years, as I was pleased with its finely milled texture and its non-drying, non-irritating finish, in spite of its poor low volume/high price ratio. However, the company has made recent changes in this powder that have made it easy for me to walk away from it. For starters, the size of the pot has again been reduced, while its high price has been retained. Now, the sifter is a permanent, attached part of the pot, so you'd have to crack off the sifter in order to deposit some of the powder into travel containers. Also, the wonderful Bisque shade (a major point in my ever buying this powder) has been changed, from a completely cool, white-pink shade to a cream-pink instead. But this is probably all for the good anyway, since Sephora is ready to discontinue the line (reportedly due to supply problems) and this makeup will then have to be ordered online directly from Becca.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by kohun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on the hunt for the great loose powder to give my skin that polished-but-natural look, and based on the reviews, i had high hopes for becca. the powder was indeed very finely milled, but despite the large color selection, i still had difficulty in choosing one to match my fair, asian, but more pink-toned skin. i went with sesame, and i was quite pleased with the finish (even though the metal decoration fell off the cover, and the sifter was difficult to use). however, my skin started getting itchy and i could no longer deny my allergic reaction to the powder. i have since returned this product. i have also tried christian dior and bare essentials, but i ended up returning those as well. i just got nars loose powder in flesh, and that color seems to be the best match for me yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very, very finely milled and light as a feather. This sets the makeup on my oily skin well. I do need to touch up every once in a while, but that's okay considering the quality of the powder. This powder makes me look poreless, and never looks cakey, powdery, or in any way unnatural. I use Sesame, which looks way too white in the package but blends in great with fair to light, yellow-based skin. The packaging is kind of a pain because it is a little bulky , and the sifter doesn't remove so you can't remove a lot at once to put in a smaller jar. Still worth it though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 9:25:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best loose powder I have used so far, period. Very transluscent - I can get away with wearing Spice, Clove, or Carob (<- Carob's just a teensy bit dark). I use TM's daily and dust with the powder for a superb, natural finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by tiramisu2c

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alright. I gave this product 5 lippies because, well, it does exactly what it's supposed to do.
It's smoothe, silky, sheer, not cakey - pretty much everything a finishing powder is supposed to be.
I gave the price a rating of 4, because even though it does its job well, $35 is still a bit too expensive for powder.
The packaging is what gets me. I know most people prefer sifters, but I am not one of them. I find the product too difficult to dispense and then you wind up dispensing too much and there's no way to put it back in the container.
The brown w/ silver detailing is pretty, but I'm not one to "display" my Makeup pieces.
I also read the directions where it said to only peel off half of the sticker to allow half of the holes to be exposed. For $35, there should be an adjustable plastic piece or something, rather than a sticker.
I said I wouldn't buy this again, just because I find that this is an unnecessary step in *my* MU routine. I just don't need a finishing powder. I don't wear enough make up to "finish" anything and also because it happened to break me out.
I don't know that it would do the same for others, but I have no use for buying something that breaks me out :( For reference, I'm an NC25 in MAC and used this powder from Becca in Sesame.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2007 1:58:00 AM More reviews by akao

LOVE THIS POWDER! It makes my skin look flawless and smooth as heck. I hate heavy looking makeup so have always stayed away from powders since they can look weird on my dry skin but have had no problems at all with this powder.

I use this as my last step in my makeup routine so it goes over the Luminous Skin color, Shimmering Skin Perfector & Creme Blush. I was a little worried at first that I would end up with powder clumps since everything else I use is a form of a liquid but turned out to be a non issue.

Will continue to buy this over and over again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2006 6:42:00 AM More reviews by kybert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

best powder i have used. finely milled, spreads evenly, doesnt settle into lines, looks fabulous and i have a perfect colour match... for once! quite pricey but i think its worth it. cute package although im always worried i am going to drop it because of the way the lid goes right to the bottom of the package.

edit: this makes me itch now. one lippie off! still good for those who arent sensitive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by fififiona

I both love and hate this product. I didn't know which to choose but I went with Wheat since I hate it when my face looks too dark for my body. They really need a shade in between Wheat and Mocha. Anyways, Love: the powder itself, it's amazing and wonderful and perfect. It's really light, smooth, and it melts right into your skin. Hate: the price is outrageous and the packaging is sucky, every time I open it it wastes soo much product. Lately I've been flipping it upside down and back again and then sort of spanking the top to settle the powder. Anyway, the method suffices for now but I cringe to think of what would happen if I carried it in my purse! If the powder were of worse quality then I wouldn't bother repurchasing, but as of right now, I'm hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 1:25:00 AM More reviews by MedusasSnakePit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally bit the bullet and bought this stuff. I've had a sample in my makeup bag for a long time and though I have Laura Mercier's Translucent powder, I always found myself reaching for my BECCA sample. This is my HG loose powder. I have it in Mocha, and it blends lovely into my skintone and atop my BECCA Bamboo foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Trunks

I gave this a try based on the great reviews here. I purchased this in Mocha and for the first week, my skin looked pretty awesome. This finely milled product definately provides coverage and staying power for an even finish, without a cakey matte look.

However, after a few weeks, I couldn't ignore the dry/itchy feeling to my skin that heralded the coming of an allergic reaction - and it was all going so well! I had to admit to myself that I paid $AU59 for a powder that I have to ditch - my skin didn't look that great anymore.

Part of the problem is probably got to do with the formulation that gives you such good results. I had to chuck my powder brush I used for this beacuse no amount of cleansing products would get rid of Becca that was caked to it.