September 18, 2014 | 1032 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by screamstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think it is a great product whom it suits!! for me it just broke me out like CRAZYYYY!!! it gave me cystic acne !! :S

Edit Edit Edit ******************

This is a absolute piece of crap.. So after about a year or so I though of using over my other bb creams and liquid foundation. I thought well if I just use it lightly as a setting powder over other products it wont cause much harm... I continued happily for ab a month(Not everyday as I don't use foundation or bb everyday.. may be twice a week or so..) I loved the finish...I was breaking out here and there. but I thought well may be I need to cleanse even more.. I was noticing lil bumps under my skin in my cheek area.. where I never had probs LIKE EVER... you wont see it.. but when I touch my cheeks I can feel little bumps all over... I didn't understand at first what was causing it.. but it multiplied like crRRaaaZZZyyyy.. Anyways than when I realized may be MSF was the culprit.. I did more research and found out these bumps are reactions to the ""MINERAL"" they have in MSF... this shit has less minerals and more harmful ingredient in this... should be banned .. ruined my skin.. with small cyctic acne and bumps all over.. now that I have thrown it out in the garbage.. my face has started to heal!! thank god... I even had nightmares about this bumps in my face... so yeah just eliminating this did the job.. now entirely healed yet..but almost there...

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Good everyday powder to reduce shine and set make up. It's my go to powder. Does not really seem to give color which I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by laurasteph24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i dont use powders due to minor dry skin but this one is a mineral powder that is baked so its not too heavy on the skin, i tried it out over the face and body foundation and it was the cherry on top! it looks super natural not heavy at all, it made my face feel super soft and you do not have to worry about transferring the color onto someone else's shirt! i use C2 for my foundation and a medium on this powder and it is the perfect combo! i use this with a fluffy powder brush and work it on my face but what is awesome about this is that if you just want to even out your face you can conceal what you need and just put this over that using a kabuki brush without a foundation underneath to get a nice even face! i really recommend this and everyone should go give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. This is the best (looking) powder I've ever used. It doesn't make me look super-matte, or dried out. I get lots of compliments when I wear it. I apply with my MAC kabuki brush (AMAZING). Super easy and fast, for days when I don't have time to mess with liquid foundation (which is practically every day).

I think it is expensive for makeup, but it doesn't break the bank, so that's fine. My only issue with the price is that I need two different shades, so that gets expensive.

I will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by xjuliannaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this so much because my face looked flawless i when I use this powder! But it's too dark :( I don't know why MAC sales people always match me to MEDIUM PLUS. I bought a careblend in this colour as well but I gave it to my sister and bought light plus. I should've gotten this in a light plus as well. Gah!! I feel as if I look greyish or something. FOR REFERENCE: I am asian, NC20, MUFE HD 120/125, normal-dry skin, yellow/neutral undertone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Trixieclose

This is just the best finishing power. Alot of drugstore ones come close but this will always be my favorite. Lasts a good amount of time and has enough pigment that I can wear it by itself on a lazy day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Msmonipenni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this finish for a long while now and can't stop raving about it. I have even converted a friends. The difference applying this over my foundation is instantly visible. It completely evens out my foundation and gives this soft focus, matte finish - almost like you've been airbrushed. What's also brilliant about this product, is during the day when I start feeling like my t-zone is getting a bit shiney, a quick brush of the skin finish around my face and I look like I've just reapplied my foundation. It's really light and doesn't feel like you've clogged up your pours with heavy powder. What's more is as a product it last for a long while before running out, so though the initial price may be a little on the high side, you definitely get your monies worth. Definitely will continue to be a stample in my make-up bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by JayFab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So amazing. My skin never looks better than when wearing this. The matte finish is gorgeous!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

mac mineralized skin finish: I decided to be a little adventurous and try out some MAC powders (one of them being the mineralized skin finish). At first, I was slightly hesitant because MAC face products such as their primers and foundations tend to break me out . The only thing that really works for me are their concealers (which I really love). Anyways, I decided to go with the MAC Mineralized Skinfinish (MSF) Natural because so many people love it and people have been saying that the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder is a great alternative to the MSF (which works out because i actually like the dream matte powder and i know that it works well with my skin!)

I went to the MAC store and looked at their MSF Natural shades and the makeup artist there told me that I would be better off with Light Medium. I thought I may need to go with Light, but she said that it would be too light for me. Being slightly weary, I tried it in the store, but just decided to try it and test it out when I got home. I got home, and sure enough- i should have gone with my gut! The color that she picked for me, was too dark for my liking! I ended up returning it, and that was a whole other issue in and of itself. I used this product twice... just to make sure i was 100% about the color. I went back 4 days later, with the product and receipt. I explained that i tried it, after the lady was persistent with her choice of color, and it was the wrong one. They were getting bent out of shape because i user it twice! All i wanted to do was return it for a different color. It was a nightmare! I shop there ALL the time, and for the price you pay, you had better have a satisfaction gaurenteed in your return policy. This was such a hassle, I now drive an extra 8 miles just to avoid that spicific Mac! Anyway. I loved this product. I would absolutley buy it again, over and over (just not at that store!) ;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product on Beyond the Rack Canada. I like it but I'm not sure it's worth it for the price. It does apply nicely and glide smoothly on the skin. It have a nice coverage without looking like a mask, plus it doesn't look that powdery. However, I think it is not really better than any other powder, so I'm not sure the price is worth it. If it's on sale, I'll definitively get it again. One thing I really like about this powder is that it doesn't transfer easily.