October 21, 2014 | 965 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by cgil7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used castor oil now...in my hair...for several years. My hair started thinning in my late 30's due to hormonal issues and anemia. I have long, baby fine hair that used to be pretty abundant but after so many years of hair loss, is now half of what it use to be. I tried a lot of things but what ultimately stopped the shedding is castor oil.

No need to glob it on...it is a very thick oil. All you need to do is add 2 or 3 drops of it to the amount of shampoo you use every time you wash your hair. It will not make your hair gummy or flat or greasy. But after using it for a few weeks it stopped my shedding and has ever since.

I use the Heritage brand from Whole Foods. The small bottle will last you well over a year so it is dirt cheap. I keep it in my shower. It worked perfectly for me and is definitely worth a try if you have shedding problems.

I also used it for awhile on my lashes...worked well but tended to break me out around the eyes and brows (I tried it there too) I really loved it for my lashes and would have kept using it if it weren't for the breakouts. I may revisit it one day...see if I still have the same problem.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Habibiii

I have been using castor oil for around a year now. I bought it from a supermarket in the UK.

EYELASHES; I had hardly any on the lower eyelids and the upper were very sparse. I applied castor oil to the lashes only every night for a month and now have a visible lower lid full of lashes. You do have to be careful incase you get it in your eyes as with vaseline or you will have uncomfortable, red or puffy eyes the next morning so I find it is helpful to use disposable mascara wands you can get cheaply on ebay.

HAIR; around 7-8 months ago i cut my hair to just 2 inches below shoulder length. I have applied castor oil mixed with mustard seed oil probably about 5 times within the first three months of having it short. I would mix more mustard seed oil than castor as it is too thick to massage into the scalp and then left it on overnight on most occasions or for half an hour to an hour before showering. I now have a lot more hair (after fall out and thinning from flat irons) its healthy (i stopped hair straighteners all together) and it is at least 4-5 inches if not more, longer now. As well as the hair growth my hair was noticeably softer as soon as I had dried my hair after washing it out.

EYEBROWS; My eyebrows were a bit thin in places and applying castor oil has filled the gaps right up!

I know a persons diet can affect the outcome, mine isn't the most healthiest you can do but it definitely isn't all junk either. E.g. I never skip a breakfast of cereal. Regularly have tuna or other kinds of fish (known for hair care properties) as well as small amounts of fruit, I don't eat white bread only brown and always have a desert in the evening (some chocolate, mini ice cream lollies, or sweets)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Gita1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Castor oil is touted to have many healing properties and in my case it has been very effective for healing dermatitis on two different occasions. First, I had an issue with an irritated red peeling spot on my lower lip that would not go away for over a year. Nothing traditional helped. It could have been a precancerous spot. I applied castor oil twice day to the area after brushing teeth and then some aquaphor or Vaseline and the problem resolved in less than two weeks and has never returned. That was a year or two ago. Recently I developed some eyelid dermatitis,which I tend to get off and on in response either to allergens or actives in my skin care - who knows? I could not get it to subside- had inflammation, peeling redness etc. I could not use anything in the area and no makeup without further irritation. I eliminated all possible irritants and used only aquaphor or even hydrocortisone in the area to no avail. Then I remembered the castor oil that healed the lesion on my lip. After cleansing I applied a tiny bit of castor oil to eyelids and later added a bit of Vaseline. After 1 to 2 weeks, the problem resolved and has not returned. And of course I have used it on eyelashes. That was the original reason I got it. They do get healthier, longer and I have had a sparse area improve. It soothes my eyes as well. I wake up with calmer less dry eyes when I use it. Love it. I have the Heritage brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by karensmua

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really disappointed that this didn't work for me. I tried it on my (very sparse) eyelashes but all it did was give me extremely puffy eyes the next morning so I couldn't persevere with it. Really disappointed but I think I must just be super sensitive to it so I'd say it can't hurt to try it and see. For everyone else it really seems to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Gabriela11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had never used castor oil on eyelashes because I always think I get the oil in my eyes. However I use it every night in the area around the eyes and although I am 54 years old I dont have crows feet. I never use it either in the hair or on the face or body, but having read these posts I will give it a try mixing it with moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by chuckyman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thank you to put information about this wonderful oil, castor oil already has many benefits for the hair, particularly hair growth i read an article in this link
About castor oil for hair growth and decided to buy it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Quite simply the best oil for my thick natural 4C textured hair. I apply after washing when damp to seal in moisture. It makes my hair grow thick, and STRONG too. I love it. I haven't really used it for face or body as its very thick in consistency. I do however think its great for nails. I just purchased a generic cheap bottle for £2.99 marked 'Caribbean castor oil' it works great. Don't go spending big bucks.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by nooraz

I love castor oil, it's like my beauty bestirred, I use it for my lashes and hair, I get a lot of compliments and people always question if I am wearing falsies! you will see great results but you have to be consistent with your application, I apply it at night before bed EVERY single night , that's how you get amazing results 1

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by burrii

This stuff worked very well for me. I used a generic brand from walgreens (I plan on trying this brand next because i hear cold pressed castor oil works best and I'm not sure if the walgreens brand is). But anyways I used this for the baby hair along my hair line because it's always been very thin, I also used it for my eyebrows and lashes. For my baby hair and eyebrows it has worked very well in stimulating new growth and thickening the hair. I severely over plucked my brows in my middle school days and now the shape and thickness I have been striving for is reality. I can't believe the difference it's made in just a month. Hairs have been growing in places that it hasn't for years! As for my lashes it has made a little difference in the number of lashes but not quite the length. But I have only been using it for a month so I'm going to persist in using it on them because I have seen a little difference. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because if I'm not careful with the application I will break out in little pimples around the are it's applied. Not bad acne but slightly annoying, it's worth the results though.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Sileane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using castor oil for 3 months now, and my eyebrows and eyelashes have gotten thicker. I had eyelash extensions for a month, and afterwards they took a lot of my eyelashes out, my eyelashes were sore and etc. I was looking up at youtube and google to fix my eyelash loss problem and i've been using castor oil nightly. I didnt think it would work at all, because not many products work out for me, but this made my eyelashes grow little baby lashes everywhere and noticed how darker my lashes got to!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No