4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 5/5/2015 10:20:00 AM

I have been applying it on the root of my eye lashes and eye brows before I go to bed about 4 times a week for 3 to 4 weeks now, I can see that my lashes has grown longer, but not fuller. I didn't see any difference on my eye brows though. Will keep on using and see how long my lashes can grow :)

on 4/28/2015 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have been doing oil cleansing, and had castor oil in the mix along with coconut oil and soybean oil. I had been eyeing my lashes for the past few days thinking to myself that they looked thicker - like there were a lot more lashes along the base. Today when I put my mascara on, I was like HOLY COW! Something is making my eyelashes grow!! I realized it had to be the castor oil! Now, I don't put it specifically on my lashes, but apply it everywhere. I then use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe off my makeup and clean my skin - no soap, so I suppose it is hanging around the base of my lashes, which is where it needs to be if it is going to help your eyelashes (not applied with a mascara wand, unless you are really getting it onto the base of the lashes too).

Kowabunga man! I had no idea others were already onto this! I figured it had to the castor oil, because I know it is used for dry eye and works very well for that, so castor oil is pretty darn fantastic stuff as far as I am concerned. I am also rubbing it into my skin right before I get out of the shower to seal in moisture. I then follow it up with a good moisturizer that contains urea as at least the 3rd (if not 2nd) ingredient.

Now that I know it does such a fantastic job with eyelashes, it's going on my eyebrows and hairline as well!

on 4/16/2015 2:22:00 AM

With a nightly application of Castor oil my eyelashes have thickened dramatically and increased several millimeters in length. I saw results after around three weeks and have maintained the results by continuing to apply it several nights a week. Similarly my sister rescued her eyebrows from a disastrous threading experience which left them thin and patchy. Within a month of not touching her brows and applying the oil daily she had regained very thick eyebrows which were able to be shaped to her desire.I have also had success using this on stretch marks and as an under-eye moisturizer even though it is very viscous and takes a while to absorb. Its viscosity has largely prevented me from using it on my hair very frequently, though when mixed with a lighter oil like almond it is easier to use, and it works wonders for psoriasis/dry scalp. I sometimes use it to seal my ends but am not a fan of the stickiness. Ultimately a genuinely and remarkably effective product for hair growth - be patient and you should see results in two to four weeks.
UPDATE: After using this and other oils on my eyelashes and eye are with no problems, I have recently had an eye infection. Using this normally causes no issues (as long as you apply it with a mascara brush, wash your hands ect) but I had a bad cold and so maybe don't apply oil to your eyes if you have a respiratory infection bc it can easily spread despite your best efforts. I have resumed using it with no further issues.

on 4/15/2015 4:09:00 PM

I LOVE THIS. I use it every night for the past 2 weeks on my brows and lashes and noticed growth on both. I washed my old mascara and replaced its contents with castor oil for easy application at night and I leave it overnight. WORKS LIKE A CHARM. I tried using different (and expensive as hell) lash serums but those didn't work. The price is a huge bonus too, its 39php (less than $1USD) for small bottle and I'm guessing it would last a year or more.

The smell doesn't bother me at all as for the product's texture it gets absorbed after a few mins or so so It doesn't bother me as well.

10/10 would buy again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Let me just say I over plucked my brows and at one point shaved them off. Castor Oil SAVED them! I also apply this to my lashed and oh man, who needs false lashes? Will always repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

been using castor oil on my eyebrows for the past 2 months when i can be bothered and even so it has actually worked my eyebrows are a lot thicker and not so many gaps, all my life ive never really had thick eyebrows they have always been thin and especially after shaving them off as a 13 year old there hasnt been much hair but now there is and in my inner part of my eyebrow has started to grow yet there ha never been hair there at all so i suggest everyone try it to improve hair growth :-)

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love my oil..Is great for my skin and hair.

on 3/9/2015 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this initially to try to grow my thin Asian lashes a bit but realized that the massive bottle meant I could experiment with it as a moisturizer, too.

I've been using it for about 2-3 months now.. my lashes are, unfortunately, no longer than when I started out (or if they are longer, it is definitely not noticeable). I've been using this on my lashes, my brows, and my face. I'm pretty sure I'm breaking out from this.. I've been getting more acne than usual, which is highly noticeable because I very, very rarely get acne.

I also tried it on a chest for a week or so and actually got a few cystic zits there.. I've had trouble with body acne before but never cystic on my chest.

The texture is quite sticky and the smell isn't incredibly strong but it isn't that pleasant, either. It does dissipate quickly though.

All in all it really didn't do anything for me other than perhaps give me some acne, haha. It's modestly moisturizing, but I do have very dry skin esp in the winter so that might just be me. I'll continue to use it probably for quite a while since even with religious use I have 90% of the bottle left after 2-3 mths, but I'll be more careful about where I use it to try to avoid encouraging acne. Will update if I see a difference with lashes.

on 3/5/2015 1:54:00 PM

This has so many uses. I've been using this on my lashes every night and within a matter of days, they were fluffier and longer. I had lost a lot of lashes from trying to remove clumpy mascara but now they look great! I used it on my hair once and although it made my hair super shiny and soft, the oil took a week to wash out so it wasn't worth it to me. I've also been using the oil cleansing method (winter has been hard on my skin) and my skin is glowing. The mix I use is about 1/4 castor oil and 3/4 walnut oil.

on 2/27/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I started using castor oil a week ago for my eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. I've been using it religiously at night before I go to bed, and I'm already seeing results! Both my hair and my lashes are shinier and thicker, and my hair has grown 1.2cm in 9 days, which I think is amazing! It's so soft now too ^.^ My lashes have also grown, and they're actually starting to wisp out at the corners. Overall I'm definitely pleased with what I'm seeing so far. I'm gonna continue using castor oil every night until my hair is as long as I want it to be :P I think it will be a holy grail item that I will be using for a long time.

* I've also been mixing in coconut oil, it makes the castor oil easier to apply since it's so thick. Coconut oil is another oil that promotes hair growth and health! Love it.

Popular Brows Products