Kiss Me HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

4.3

on 8/7/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I've been using this mascara off and on for a couple of months now. I love it's staying power. I have watery eyes due to allergies and oily lids so I'm always looking for a waterproof mascara that will last. This one definitely lasted all day with no running or smudging. I also got the Heroine mascara remover so it was easy to remove at the end if the day. I did find that it made my lashes stiff but my biggest problem was the color. While it looks really black on the brush I found that it appears a little grayish on my lashes. For that reason I wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/3/2014 10:06:00 PM

I would rebuy this product if it was cheaper. I got the version where they had the combo mascara and remover.

It was great for my Asian eyelashes, it made them super long, almost giving that false lashes look. The issue is that it had no volume, so even though they were long, they weren't thick. So I would have to use it with a volumising mascara along with it, I had to curl my lashes beforehand, it really keeps the curl.

My second issue with this mascara is that it was almost impossible to remove without the remover. Its a plus and a negative, making it super waterproof and budgeproof but at the end of the day it would take me an extra time just to remove my mascara. But I have to admit the remover is absolutely magical.

So yes, I would only recommend this product if you bought the remover with it, but other than that if you want length only than go for it.

on 7/30/2014 5:30:00 PM

This mascara isn't the best; it smudges after a few hours of wearing it. It's a very wet formula so if I blink a few seconds after application, it gets all over my lids.

As for the good side of this mascara, it lengthened my lashes (not as much as I wanted it to) and it didn't clump. It separated my lashes nicely and held the curl well.

on 7/26/2014 6:34:00 PM

I am a mascara junkie, I always am looking for something even better. Well, this is NOT it... I bought this, paid a ton in shipping, it took forever to be delivered, but that is not why I am complaining. This mascara when it goes on is pretty Ok..After using this mascara for the third time, I nearly had a cow.. As I was struggling to take this junk off, multiple lashes came out. I even bought the recommended mascara remover and that did not prevent my lashes from falling out. In to the garbage it goes.. I had given a review for MAC extended play in the past and I am going right back to that mascara.. a solid mascara that never disappoints..

on 7/10/2014 10:15:00 AM

This is the only mascara I've tried (apart from the old formulation of the Imju Fiberwig) that does not smear, smudge, flake, or end up under my eyes. It lasts 12+ hours without budging.

The formulation is a bit clumpy and I needed a lash brush to remove them. But overall, it goes on smoothly. The wand applicator is quite small, which works well to get the small lashes at the corners of the eyes. It lengthens and holds a curl well. It is not particularly volumizing, though. I would say that the effects are natural, not ultra dramatic. It enhances your lashes but doesn't make you look like you're wearing falsies. But the best part about this is its lasting power. My left eye has a tendency to water throughout the day PLUS I have oily lids and even then, this mascara doesn't move until I take it off 12+ hours later.

I've read here that this can be very hard to remove, but using a biphasic eye makeup remover, I haven't experienced any difficulties.

This is my HG mascara. The only downside is that it is not available locally and needs to be ordered from Asia.

UPDATE (7/30/14): After wearing it for a few more weeks, I have noticed some smudging...not all the time, but on particularly humid days, some of it ends up under my left eye (the one that waters) at around 8 - 10 h.

on 7/9/2014 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

It's my first time to try this brand and I must say I'm pretty satisfied with this product. It does help in separating my lashes and makes it very long. Nice formula, does not smear and dries quickly.

on 7/7/2014 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this for few days and this is now my HG mascara. The only mascara i tried that didnt give me raccoon eyes after few hours. I live in tropical country so I normally use waterproof mascaras but most mascaras even waterproof will give me raccoon eyes. This one dont. It dont even budge with normal makeup remover. I bought the mascara remover from the same brand, The wand helps to coat the lashes, and when i use my usual makeup remover, it remove easily.

on 6/22/2014 5:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Mascara and I have a very casual relationship. I always get seduced by its cute packaging and convincing label, we go out a couple times and have an amazing time and, sooner or later, it totally screws me over and I'm left looking like a fool with clumpy lashes and raccoon eyes thinking, "where did it all go wrong?!".

This is why I don't use mascara all that often. It always looks so unnatural and tacky on me. Not so with Long and Curl!

I have Asian lashes that can hold an amazing curl for all of five minutes, after which they magically revert to their stick-straight, natural form. Long and Curl can give me this almost insane curl. I have pretty big eyes to begin with, so Long and Curl gives me ridiculously amazing eyes that pop. I can skip eyeliner with this on, it's that good.

I only need two coats of this and I'll be set for the day. You need to apply them quickly, though. The mascara sets pretty fast. It's also really natural looking. I have never had clumpy lashes using this. Save for the ridiculous curling action, this mascara looks pretty natural.

One lippie off for being incredibly difficult to take off. (Although, if you look at it more positively, this mascara is incredibly long-lasting and doesn't budge).

on 6/17/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yes, this mascara is amazing. If you have asian lashes, short, sparse and straight, then you will love this. It volumises, but does not clump, it separates and makes your lahses super long. It is buildable, with about three coats, your lashes look fake. Another thing is that it hold a curl. However, it is a serious pain in the bum to remove. When I tried to remove it with bioderma, it took a few lashes with it, that is not ok. The best way to remove this is with the heroin mascara remover. Overall, it is definitely the best mascara I've tried. LOVE IT <3.

on 6/15/2014 3:40:00 PM

I have to say I was disappointed. Did not live up to the reviews I've read here - but at least I didn't put a lot of money into the product. Found it did not work near as well as the ones i usually use.

Top Rated Kiss Me Products