October 23, 2014 | 1642 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Elspaeth

Even though it's an eyeshadow primer, I personally don't own any eyeshadow stuff, so instead I use this product for 2 other things:

- dab a little bit on the upper part of the bridge of my nose (in between my eyes) to make my glasses less slippery;
- a little bit on my eyelid before applying my eyeliner

In both these cases the product does its job, there is a considerable difference between the "sans primer" and "with primer" situation.

Pros:
- long lasting, efficient, the fact that you only need a small amount of product

Cons:
- the awful chemical smell, you need to shake that package really well, otherwise it's an oily-separation type of mess

But yeah, up until I find something better, I will be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer is pretty self-explanatory; it's an anti-crease eye shadow primer. It costs $20 at Sephora or Ulta & even though it costs more than I'd like to pay for an eye shadow primer, it's my favourite one. I have oily eyelids & finding a primer than actually works for me is extraordinary haha I've tried a few different ones, but this seems to work the best. It blends well & is easy to apply. I rub a small amount on my eyelids with my fingertip, let it set, & then apply eye shadow as usual.

Not only does this make eye shadow stay on much longer & cut down on smudging, it makes shadow look better. It makes the colour much brighter & more pigmented than it would be had I put it on my lid without priming. Although I think Shadow Insurance is overpriced, I do recommend it because it does work & because you only use a little at a time, you'll get your money's worth.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by AthenaBell

I haven't even heard of an eyelid primer up until 6 months ago, I use to use concealer. Then as I got more interested in make up and started watching make up tutorials I heard that eyelid primer enhances your eye shadow wear. I actually ordered this one by default, because I ordered a sample of the prime and pore less foundation primer that came with the full size eyelid primer. And I will say this stuff is amazing, my eye shadow glides on so smoothly and stays put for hours. I slept in my make up recently (drunken all nighter) and by the morning my eye shadow was still on! Plus if you are a fan of Wayne Goss youtube make up guru, he mentions this product in his top 5 eyelid primer videos! If you live in Australia, I suggest you buy it off eBay.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Tried this after I finished my Urban Decay Primer Potion. Much prefer this, as it is slightly "thinner" in texture as compared to the former. It makes spreading easier. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by cakefaceangie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would say that it's a decent eye primer. It prevent my shadow from creasing and it helps it stay. My issue with the product is that the formula seperates and the tube has to be well shaken, if not, it comes out watery and won't get tacky so it won't help the makeup adhere. Works great, aside from that issue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

I don't need a primer every day (I don't wear much, if any eyeshadow on an everyday basis). But if I'm going for something I want to last, or if I'm wearing something dramatic, this is the only primer that works for me. Urban Decay primer potion creases on me, as does the Benefit primer I've tried. This is my favourite. It's basically colourless on the lid so it doesn't interfere with your shadow, and it lasts FOREVER. 4 lippies it tends to separate in the tube if you don't use it all the time, and that can get nasty when you get oily liquid spilling all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by vanessalee91

I have oily eyelids and I used to use the Urban Decay primer potion but it stopped working and after over a year of using this I can say it is the best for my eyes! A little goes along way and it has lasted me forever

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by jennlovescarlo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Greasy greasy greasy. I don't know if I got an old one or something but it was soooo greasy and disgusting. I was practically cringing when I put it on. I only bought it cause my sephora was out of urban decays primer potion. I thought it would be good considering it got great reviews. I'll use it until it's gone but won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't recommend this primer for water eyes. I always have trouble finding an primer or base for my water and oily eyelids. This primer does make my eyeshadow more vibrant but I just don't find it last long. After 2 hours I see fading and creasing no matter what eyeshadow I use. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by glanda

I didn't purchase it... I just asked for a sample from Sopher after I bought the NARS's one... I just want to have a try and find a better eye primer than NARS... however, this one really disappoint me... I have hooded eyes... so maybe it's not its fault... however, compared to the NARS one which keep my eyelines holding for about 5 hours... My eyelines smudged in 2 hours after I applied the Too Faced's one...== No.. not for oily hooded eyes...