November 23, 2014 | 867 users online

Makeup Brushes - Prescriptives - Foundation brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by romarin

A very good brush for painting one's face. It makes foundation application much neater and "evener." It also feels good. The brush has the exact amount of flexibility/firmness needed. It doesn't shed either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by bobonita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though I said I'd buy this product again, I don't think I'd need to. The quality is absolutely impressive because I wash it after each use, and it goes back into it's natural shape easily. The MUA who reccomended this to me with the foundation I bought told me that this brush was no synthetic, so it lasts longer. It really is softer than many synthetic brushes ( i love animals still! )

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by silvertidegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush a few years ago with my first purchase of Prescriptives foundation. It is the only foundation brush I have ever used.

It can cause a little streaky-ness when applying thinner liquid foundations, but the way I combat this is, I use the brush to dab on the make-up to prevent waste. I apply the foundation with the brush as evenly as possible and then use a good quality foundation sponge to blend and even everything out. I have found that as long as I have the right shade of foundation, there is really not that much streaky-ness anyway.

The foundation I currently use is a liquid by Prescriptives, but I have used this brush for lots of different foundations (I change up a lot depending on my skin condition).

I think its a great product. be sure to wash gently about once a week or so if you use it heavily (i.e. daily). Foundation goes on much better with a clean brush.

I try not to wear makeup whenever I can help it. I think my skin looks much better when I don't. However there are times when makeup is just expected...:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this years ago when I was experimenting with foundation brushes and after playing with it for a few weeks I decided I liked applying foundation with my fingers best. So my brush sat unused until I picked it up to apply cream blush. The results were outstanding! I had complete control over how much color is applied and the finish was much more natural than with fingers. The bristles bend just enough to smoothly apply blush but give the resistance needed to blend away any streaks. Perfect. Will repurchase if I ever lose it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 3:50:00 AM More reviews by bluemelon

I can't believe I didn't buy a foundation brush sooner. It makes applying foundation so much easier. And it's not as time consuming as I thought it would be. I've only had this brush for about a month, but so far so good. It doesn't streak, is soft and is the perfect length so you don't hit the mirror when applying. I debated over whether to get this one, Pout or Smashbox. Both Pout and Smashbox were out of stock, so I got this one, and I'm very happy with it. Will have to add an update in the future regarding its long term wear, but I think it will last a while.
UPDATE: I'm having trouble with washing the foundation off the brush. I use Estee Lauder's double wear foundation, which really stays put on my face, but is also staying put on my brush! I use warm soapy water & rub the brush in the palm of my hand to loosen all the bristles, but there's still residual foundation left.
UPDATE #2: The issue seems to be with long-wearing foundations - the water based ones are much easier to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 11:01:00 AM More reviews by 4u2nvc

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first, and only, foundation brush. I bought one about 4 years ago and it's still in perfect shape! No lost bristles, splaying, nothing. Applies foundation perfectly. Would definitely buy again but the way the brush is holding up, I might never need to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first and only foundation brush. I've had this for a number of years and it's still in fantastic shape. The density, softness, and taper of the bristles is perfect. Second to all the raves below, this is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2006 7:54:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

As many before me have said, this was my first foundation brush many years ago, and still remains my favorite. I have since bought BBrown, Sonia Kashuk, Dior, GArmani(natural bristle), Clinique(nearly identical to the Prescritives, thank you Ms. Lauder), etc. I keep buying them because I love them, but I've not found one that applies foundation better than my lovely, ancient, Prescriptives brush. I used to paint with oil, so I've long known how to care for brushes, even synthetic ones, and I treat them with love and the utmost delicacy. I wash them with a glycerin bar cleanser, wet only the bristles, rinse well(only letting the water run away from the ferule to keep it dry), and lay them flat to dry. I've heard some folks say they get streaky application with foundation brushes. I never have that problem, but I only pick up a very small amount of foundation off my hand, and blend, blend, blend outward on my skin. I literally paint my face. I also find the nylon bristles work better than the natural hairs of the Armani brush which I find a tad bit 'streaky' if not blended well. The Prescriptives brush has just enough stiffness to move foundation around on the skin easily, unlike the very loose bristled Dior brush, and the nylon lays it down softly and seamlessly. I've never been tempted to use fingers or sponge since buying this first foundation brush. It's a lifetime keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2006 12:26:00 PM More reviews by audreyliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is like my magic wand! I use it to blend my contouring foundation along my jawline and neck. I clean it almost daily and its still in great shape after years.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 5:42:00 PM More reviews by LoveMyMarine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a must have in your makeup box. It applies foundation *perfectly* the bristles are soft and dont scratch your face. I love this brush!