September 2, 2014 | 913 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

this lipgloss does last longer than other glosses BUT this is the only gloss or lip product that dried out my lips to the max. i don't even have dry lips in the winter. i think there is something very nasty and plasticy in there. it looked really nice on though and had nice coverage. i also hate the applicator. hate! so this is a bust, i gave mine away

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by StephanieinOhio

I'm not sure why everyone says it lasts as long as it states. Am I doing something wrong? I had it on for about two hours and had lunch and it had practically disappeared on my lips! Yes, it does last longer than other lip glosses but it doesn't live up to it's 6 - 8 hour claim. I felt a bit ripped off because I had expected it to last a bit longer and it didn't.

I do love the shades that I purchased but as far as long-wearing I'm not seeing it. I may actually return it to RiteAid as I still have my receipt. It's pretty pricy considering it doesn't last as long as they claim!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Finally! A product that lives up to it's name- this lip gloss is truly infallible. At the price of super sticky lips. I bought this lip gloss at Shoppers Drug Mart for $13.49 CAN after one of my favourite beauty gurus mentioned this in a video of hers and had the same sticky complaint. The shade I got was 'Barely Nude' and it is very pigmented and a bit on the heavy side. I absolutely love the way that this lip gloss makes my lips look! The colour is just so flattering and makes my lips look full (they are already very, very full) and healthy. It also definitely does last 6 hours regardless of food or drink. I definitely do not like this lip gloss when I go the exchange a kiss or two with my boyfriend but otherwise I really, really like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by stls

One of the worst I've tried. Horrible consistency: heavy, sticky, doesn't fade evenly- it leaves sticky flakes that feel like plastic on the lips instead. Hated it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

one word: Bleh. I bought this a while back and applied once...then it sat in the bottom of my makeup bag, and it's still at the bottom of my makeup bag. I keep forgetting to throw it away. I didn't like the consistency of this gloss..and it dried my lips out. Tasted bad too. It was a waste of money.

Update 2/08/12:
I finally went through my makeup and threw out all the old MU and the things I didn't like, including that dreaded one mentioned above. From now on if I purchase something I don't like, I'm keeping the receipt and taking it back because I'm tired of wasteing my money on crap.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by jessica147

I only bought this product because I was trying to find a good red lipgloss for homecoming. I don't generally like lipsticks because they're kinda hard to apply perfectly so I opted for this. I also bought Sonia Kashuk's lipliner in "china" to use as a base underneath.
The wand for this is really interesting. I have never seen one like it. It glides the gloss on smooth and effortlessly. I do like it quite a bit. As for the lip plumping claims? I have no idea. My lips looked pretty normal afterwards to me haha. But then again I wasn't buying this for that purpose anyways.
One thing that I love about this lipgloss is the stain it leaves on your lips after it's faded. It's beautiful. For this reason, I'll apply the gloss, take a tissue, and dab it on my lips to achieve that desired effect. I'm not the type to walk out of the house wearing a red lip, so the red stain it leaves behind isn't too "out there" but still looks gorgeous and classy.
I do reccomend this, however I wouldn't buy it again just because I bought it for a special purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because I'm almost broke (like so many are, these days), every time I feel like spending money I don't have on MU I already have, I rummage through my "antiques' just to remind myself that I don't need anything new.

I came across this gloss, which I bought years ago, and decided to give it a try. The color is #305 Fiery and it's a gorgeous pinkish red (on me) with gold shimmer. I put it on and after talking, drinking and eating, it's pretty much still there. What I particularly like is that the color does not fade. I wore a dark Nars gloss the other day, but after about two hours the color had faded to a light pink. Not this one. My lips are still a pretty, subtle red, very wearable for day time. Yes, it is a bit sticky, but if it wasn't, it would not last half the time it does.

In the tube, the shimmer looks very pronounced, but when you wear it, it becomes much more subtle. I'm really happy with this gloss. And I'm not a gloss fiend (I usually prefer l/s). But this one is a beautiful color, it stays put, makes my lips look fuller and lovely, and it's cheap (at least compared to HE). What's not to like?

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by theravenwine

I have this in suede. This is a super pretty nude-brown lip gloss (it's not the kind of nude gloss that gives you the 'ghostly' look, it's more light brown than nude) and I ABSOLUTELY love the smell of this gloss. I can't exactly put a name to what it smells like but it's sweet-vanilla-plus-strawberry-shortcake kind of smell. The pigmentation is not bad too, 2 layers bring out the colour brilliantly. The gloss does not last as long as it claims to but it definitely lasts longer than other glosses, like revlon's and rimmel's. My rating of 3 lippies for this is because I'm allergic to this, HORRORS. My lips are extraordinarily sensitive to lip products especially lip sticks (because of beeswax/lanolin etc), so I was hoping this, as a gloss, would not cause me to react as it should not contain beeswax/lanolin etc. The thing about it is that I took a gamble with this gloss - I usually check the ingredients list before purchasing any lip product but the ingredients list for this lip gloss is NOWHERE to be found - on the net, on the packaging, nowhere (I have a sudden flashback to this product called beau-line from the movie Catwoman and where this apparently 'wonder beauty product' is actually highly toxic but let's give loreal more benefit of the doubt hahah). I dislike the price too, I paid 11 Canadian dollars for this and I think it can be cheaper as a drugstore product. I will not repurchase because of my allergy but I aim to finish using the one I have because I absolutely love the colour. If I don't use this everyday and if I use this with intervals of several days I find that I'm fine (albeit having some itchy lips after using, the result of being vain).
So for all those who are allergic to many lip products, stay away from this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Angelsdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I quite love this lip gloss. I love the applicater as it does plump up my lips but i disagree with the lasting power. This certainly does not last 8 hours i had to reapply every 3 hours or so but it looks gorgeous on the lips. I have it in several colors since i like it so much and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by starbound25

I was really happy with these glosses. I have them in the regular and the plumping, I didnt find too much plump with the plumping one but I did find nice long wear with this. I even did a 6hr experiment video review: