October 21, 2014 | 2087 users online

Brows - Cover Girl - Brow and Eye Makers

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by jellums

This is the first brow pencil I've used and it's the only one I've used because I haven't felt like I needed to try any other products. It gets the job done and stays on. I have a scar on my right eyebrow so this fills it in easily and it looks natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by dcampa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

my initial reaction to this product was: this is an AWFUL product. the pencils r so hard i cnt apply it 2 my brows without softening it with a lighter--which is terribly inconvenient. it isn't very natural looking either.. frm a reasonable distance it looks fine however up close it looks odd--unnatural. overall this purchase was a huge letdown.

but oddly enough after like 2 weeks of using it (i didnt want 2 waste it) i found tht after sharpening it it became creamier nd the application became easier. its a great match to my eyebrows nd stays on all day (though i do use it with powder). i prefer the maybelline's twin brow pencils texture but it has such a red undertone i normally stick to CGs pencil. now, im absolutely content with this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by mgm98

i got this from my mom since i dont need to fill in my eyebrows yet. i have naturally thick eyebrows towards the center and middle but the very ends are a little thinner. i use this product and appy it with an eyebrow brush and do one little stroke. its ok, the cololr could be alot better. its a rich chocolate brown and i dont think alot of people have natural eyebrows that shade. mine are close. u cant really tell cuz i only use alittle. it blends really well, I dont know if thats cuase I use a brush or the product. When it runs out I think I'll try some higher quality makeup. but its really good for being drug store!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

i have this in honey & soft brown...honey looks like a funny orangey brown against my mmm asian skin....though it is pigmented...the lasting power is not great and smudges easily...and with the soft brown, u really have to kinda rub it to have color pay off...not a fan of the lasting power either.....for a cheap brow pencil...i recommend Femme Couture!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by mmmarzan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first brow pencil I've tried and I love it so much. I first bought it in July and I've had it for almost 10 months now! Amazing. I'm currently on the second pencil and I'm barely halfway done with it. I currently have the shade Midnight Brown and I think this color suits me well. I'm pretty tan with warm/golden undertones and it's not too dark, not too light. It makes my brows look natural. I can make my brows look darker and defined, or just fill them in lightly. This lasts seriously ALL day on me. Sometimes I'll have to touch up but that's not a big deal. I try not to sharpen it too sharp because my brows won't be as natural looking. I like to fill in my brows with light, short strokes. Since this was/is my first brow pencil, I've been wanting to try another brand. But I'm too scared to. I'm afraid I won't love it as much as this brow pencil. And since I love it so much why bother leaving it for another brand?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by bebecar21

I'm asian & unfortunately I don't have a lot of eyebrows therefore I need to draw them in everyday. If you are looking for affordable eyebrow pencil that gives you a natural look, Cover has a close to perfect eyebrow pencil. I have been using cover for years & it gives me a natural looking brows. Just don't sharpen the pencil too sharp & use light short strokes to prevent the darken/fake look.I love how it extremely affordable and it lasts for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

For $4.00 approx. you get two pencils and an amazing product. I decided to buy this after reading a review (sorry I don't remember the user) who said it was the best thing she had ever used on her eyebrows. So I bought this and started using it for that reason, and I love it. Before this I would use a few other things (not at the same time) MAC Embark e/s, Anastasia Brow Gel and Benefit Brow Zings, all of which are great products. However, this is really awesome for the price and really easy to use since it's just a pencil and draws on easily but it hard enough that I can apply it and it doesn't look too harsh. I always blend it out with a qtip afterward just to make it look natural and even, but I find that it takes minimal effort to get a nice solid brow with this pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my fave. brow product!
I know this sounds ridiculous, but for me it's really hard to find a light brown eyebrow pencil.
I have tried many other drugstore ones, and because I also have blonde hair I try to match my eyebrows so they are a light brown colour, because the "blonde" eyebrow pencils that I try are all orange!!! and I don't know why.. but they look so horrible on me.. like who would want orange brows? and the taupes are all way too dark on me, even darker than my brows.
So I find this works really well, it gives a really light brown soft colour if you just apply it lightly, and then the darker you press the darker the colour will appear. It looks really natural. and I believe the only light brown eyebrow pencil available at the d/s lol. ...that I could find.

But I love this, it matches my brows perfectly, you can't even tell I have it on. very nice, light colour. def. lasts a long time also. Good stuff. Very happy with it.
Will repurchase again. =)

Also, this is not to be used as an eyeliner, obv. it does not work. Yes this product is very hard in application but in return it lasts all day and I like it! which makes it perfect for brows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

I have this in Soft Brown. I have dark hair and an olive complexion. My brows are thick but sparse in areas. Using dark colors makes them way to strong, but the taupey grey soft brown pencil is just perfect. This is a hard pencil which I like - it makes it much harder to mess up. I get compliments when I wear this.

I am now realizing that when it comes to brows, the cheap-o drugstore stuff is a better bet. I searched forever for the perfect taupe shade, with no red tones. After trying MAC pencils, Anastasia powder, Lancome, Laura Mercier, etc, my HG ended up being the Maybelline Twin pencil, in blonde of all colors. The only time people compliment my brows is with this and the Maybelline blonde, go figure. Compared to the Maybelline blonde pencil, this is slightly darker and more grey/ ash. I actually bought this pencil duo because I needed a really small travel sharpener, and one comes in the package. Was not expecting to find a new HG pencil!

I would NOT use this on my eyes, not even in a pinch. This is a good hard formula brow pencil, I can't see it working for eyes and not sure why it is advertised that way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this stuff is AWFUL! i have it in brown and it actually HURTS my eyes to apply it. it is very hard to smudge, so it ends up looking very harsh. i will not be repurchasing this, and i will probably throw it out.