November 28, 2014 | 1854 users online

Fragrances - Anne Pliska

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2006 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Mishel63

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a gorgeous fragrance this is!

A sweet friend included a sample of Anne Pliska in a wonderful RAOK package. I was thrilled to find it! Today I am wearing it for the first time and I am astonished by how pretty it is.

It's warm, creamy, incensey with a hint of vanilla, a sweet woody amber base and a drop of earthy patchouli.

It reminds me a lot of Fifi by Fifi Chachnil which I love. Anne Pliska to me is perhaps like an interesting take on Fifi.

Yes, it is powdery. Probably too powdery for my taste.

Although I can't see myself reaching for it too often, I can certainly appreciate the fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2006 10:51:00 PM More reviews by JeannieNewton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must tell you that this is one F_ _ _ _ _ _ glorious frangrance!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by potionsandlotions

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What an ungly bottle! Fortunately, the scent more than makes up for it. At least they don't charge over $100 and give you and ugly bottle --Read BdP here. This is one sexy and sultry ambre. While orange peel --or any fruit for that matter-- usually does not work on me, this did. The amber here is very feminine and very different on me than Ambre Sultan. The color of the juice, however, is a little unusual. This sort of looks and smells like Kool-Aid with an amber twist to it. Well, I guess I'll take this bottle over a pitcher shaped one with a finger printed smiley face on it. This gets five Kool-Aid points.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 6:32:00 PM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think that if you blended Fifi and Must de Cartier together, the result would smell like Anne Pliska. It's Fifi with a little added sugar, orange and vanilla (along with some radioactive borscht coloring).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2006 7:51:00 AM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just love Anne Pliska. So much so I am going to buy the body cream. It's a mix between POTL and Must de Cartier. It's warm, sexy and a little sweet. I am not a gourmand fragrance kinda gal but this is so pleasantly sweet and cozy in a mature way. I hate the cheap looking bottle. Deep beautiful juice like this should be in an amazing bottle like a SL, L'artisan, Diptyque or Guerlain. Not a two cent bottle with the most awful cap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2006 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

First, I don't get vanilla. Second, I don't get chilly at ALL. What I get is a spicy orange which mingles and plays with a cherry-amber. Sometimes the frag smells like spicy warm orange/powder, sometimes it's a sister of POTL. Whatever it is, it's lovely. I have edp and p versions, and the p is a little deeper, less orange. Both are lovely. Now, re bottle, the edp bottle sucks. The top doesn't fit tightly and it is always coming off leaving the frag to drop on the ground. The p bottle is exquisite -- square, with a little cut glass stopper, gold wire around the neck. The juice is the most beautiful ruby color... I love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2006 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Sashayy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with Basia and others who say that this is a chilly amber scent, which is an accomplishment in and of itself. The notes in this would lead you to believe it would be warm, comforting, envelopping, as usually vanilla, amber and sandalwood are all of that. Somehow though, in this, they create a sophisticated coolness, a sort of a detached wordliness that is both North American urban and now yet agelessly European at the same time. Compelling, slightly haunting, the type of fragrance a modern day Jane Eyre might choose to wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by perfumeslut

This fragrance smells just like Shalimar to me, which is not a bad thing however I prefer more foody sweet perfumes. Something about this fragrance bothers me although I can't put my finger on it, maybe it reminds me somewhat of an Old Lady fragrance, think your grandmother. Enough said about this fragrance. Oh and I do not detect any vanilla at all!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2005 3:37:00 AM More reviews by raincheck

POLT plus orange...it's one of my favorite fall scents along with Bois de Paradis from Parfums Delrae. I found it when I was obsessed with scents that reminded me of Playdoh. The best of this group are POTL, Anne Pliska and Jour de Fete. Anne Pliska is warm and yummy although the amber in AP is much "colder" then most ambers and you'll have to test it to understand what I mean.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by chirpster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Ack! POWDER! With an undertone of...is that...hamster litter?? The notes and descriptions of this sounded so perfect, so I got a sample. I'm sure it IS wonderful, but my chemistry can make even the loveliest perfumes gag-worthy.
I didn't get anything cool at all--just warm, heavy, powdery, with a sort of cedar-y note. Go figure.