July 29, 2014 | 2088 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAndTheBlush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Rating: 3/5 Cons- not creamy, can crease on undereye area and looks a little ashy on the undereye area
Pros- Like the packaging and the fact you can mix colours to find your shade, I love the lilac for highlighting on the browbone and cheek bones and I love the green for covering redness or blemishes
Price: 4/5 $36.00 or so, which is expensive but you get a lot of product
Packaging- 3/5 not very hygenic and colours can get into one another
Would I buy this again? Nope, it's a little too cakey and please note that this product should not be used for the undereye area. I have oily skin, yet it seems to be too drying!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Bulbasaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HG concealer here if you use it properly!
You absolutely need to use a makeup base if you're using this product otherwise it will not apply well. It will look cakey and flakey and very unnatural.
A tip I've also discovered with time is that it's preferable to use a concealer brush for the application and dab the product on your skin. Then use a bigger liquid foundation brush to blend the product. Using the bigger brush to blend prevents the cakey look because instead of using a small concealer brush that is already overfilled with the product you use a bigger brush that leaves plenty of room for taking out the excess product.
I use the green on my chin whenever I have breakouts and they do wonders to hide the redness. When my pimples are too big, I sometimes use the lighter beige to cover the green a little, so that I don't look white.
I use the yellow beige to cover my dark circles and dark spots in the inner corner of my eyes. This works wonderfully for me during the summer, when I am more tan and provides enough coverage (but not perfect) during the winter, when I'm really pale.
I use the lighter beige on my nose to cover any uneven color or big pore.
I don't use the blue highlighting color anymore, because I've bought another highlighter that looks more natural on my cool light skin. I also don't use the brown at all, it gave me unnatural streaks for contouring and I prefer using a powder bronzer.
Will definitely repurchase, but even with daily application, I can't see the bottom of this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first saw this in a Michelle Phan video on youtube! I absolutely love it! The only thing is is make sure my skin is moisturized and flake free before i use it, other wise the application isn't smooth. I love the minty green concealer, it really does do wonders for redness around my nose. I also love the lavender because it highlights my browbone, inner corners and cupids bow!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by cmwonder

I love the idea and the product, especially the whole green hiding redness because I have problems with that...however, I gave 4 out of 5 because I have acne prone skin, so when I used it on my chin, forhead and cheeks, I would break out :(. Due to that problem, I tend to wear it once in awhile!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by LuvaSale

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product because I saw Kandee Johnson use it on her Youtube video (I LOVE Kandee, btw <3). Anyway, I purchased it through Naimes website and it arrived fairly quickly. The packaging is cute LOL and the colors are wonderful. The consistency of these concealers is thick, sort of dry but do warm up on the back of your hand. They blend well together and I use them all. You really do need to give each and every shade a chance because the more you play with it, the more quickly you will love it! Also, please keep in mind that less is more - and that you can build the coverage you need. If you apply too much, just blend/pat it around but starting out light has worked the best for me. I use the lavender color to highlight just under my eye brows and the inner corner of my eyes. To remove under eye circles, use the lightest blended with the medium...works perfectly. I set this concealer & my foundation with MUF HD powder. Dark spots are concealed with the lavender as well. Green for red spots and/or pimples. Amazing product! I will buy this product again but I think I'll be using this wheel for quite some time as there is a nice amount of product in the container. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by joyce77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I got the corrector darker skin tones.

This concealer plus MUFE Full Cover are the best for Oily skin. If you have dry skin, I wouldn't recommend this product.

Mine was quite soft and easy to use. I didn't need to use a hairdryer to soften it at all. I found mine easy to blend into may skin. It covers dark spots on my skin. The peach corrector is the perfect tone for the skin under my eyes. It worked well with my MUFE HD Foundation and Prep and Prime Powder.I found quite easy to blend colours together to create a tone that matched my skin.

The only problem is that the concealer is difficult to by in US-Naimies LA is the only shop that has it. There is one shop/online store in Paris that sells it. That's why I gave it a 4 star rating

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by D3sign

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a problem with finding the right concealer for my under eye circles so I bought this thinking that i can mix my own to suit myself! I bought this about 2 yrs ago... I have dry skin and the ONLY way for it to not look soo cakey is if i only dab bit by bit with my fingers, once i add a bit too much, it's over... major cake-fest! I heard about warming it up to melt it a bit but honestly, to have to get up and go to washroom to use the blowdryer when I use this is too much of a hassle. And the clear plastic piece on the lid popped off as well! I use yellow beige to conceal only where the bag starts near the side of my nose and it does work a bit by eliminating the blue tinge. I have tried ivory but all it does it lighten my bluish-brown tinge on my under eyes. I DO love the green one for the sides of my nostrils where it's a bit red and also some blemishes that are pink, it really does conceal those well but I only dab very VERY little green and dab the area to disperse the color to counter the redness! I don't really use the other colors though... overall, it's too expensive and doesn't suit me well, i only like the green color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Absolutelee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this concealer palette for a second time, this time I purchased the newly launched concealer wheel for fair skin, it has much better colors for my skin tone. The problems I had with the original was that it was too dry for a concealer and I really only got use out of the green and lilac colors. The new version has more subtle versions of the original green ( blends in right away and doesn't leave me that green colour ) and the contouring colour, under eye colour and ivory all suit my skin tone. I was still not fond of the consistency and I still find myself using my hair dryer and a light serum to mix in to make it the right texture to go on perfectly. One down fault to the new palette is I find the highlighter way too pinky and not as flattering on as the lilac was. But all in all I really like using this palette as I can cover any flaw while still looking natural .

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by teknologik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this a few years ago and intended to use this as a foundation rather than a concealer. This product is super practical as it allows you to mix the colours as you please to create the perfect match for your skin. Unfortunately, my raves abruptly end here as there's little else that's positive to say regarding "portfolio".

First, let's discuss the packaging. Perhaps this is mostly my fault as I should have been mixing the colours on a mixing palette or something (really, I'm not a professional and don't have these readily laying about my home) but I simply dipped my finger into one colour and then another and another and soon my colour wheel looked like a muddy mess. The green and lilac looked really dirty and the other three browns all started to look like the same colour to the point where I couldn't tell which was the darker of the shades. When the MUA initially applied this she just dipped her brush into all the colours so I thought I could do the same. Apparently not. As for the packaging itself, the clear lid for the palette has popped off after roughly 5-6 months of use on both of the portfolios I purchased. It's quite annoying to have to pop it back into place each time I use it. Portfolio has 5 colors and sadly I only really used 3 out of the 5. The price is a bit high considering most people won't ever use all the colours. I really wish Lise Watier offered a correcting wheel with peach, yellow, lilac and green colours as the browns aren't of much use to me but I can only dream...

Now onto the product itself. I feel like this is far too heavy for a concealer and yet it provides such poor coverage. Initially the coverage is beautiful but once it sets and you go about your day, the product fades and accentuates your pores/imperfections miserably. It settles into fine lines and makes a person look incredibly old. On me, the product turned oily quite fast and transferred onto my fingers and phone when I put them to my face. I was using this primarily as an under-eye concealer (it makes for a horrible foundation I quickly learned) and after 2 years that area has become crepey and I've developed milia. I am 20 years old; fine lines should not be happening nor should they be this prominent. This product is drying so I would suggest wearing a moisturizer under this.

I love their concept but Lise Watier totally needs to go back to the drawing board on this one. It's heavy, drying, and has zero staying-power. I've moved on to a better concealer and will never re-purchase this...EVER.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by youriahh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really nice coverage because it has quite a bit of pigment. The colours I usually use are green, ivory and .lilac. When using, I like to use my finger to warm up the concealer and then apply with a concealer brush. Make sure to really moisturize before because I found that it went on a little cake-y. Especially under the eye. The packaging is informative so that's useful. On the back of the concealer there's a little bit of information on what the different colours are used for. As great as this product is, I can't get over how it makes my under eye area look dry even with eye cream! That's a bummer. Either than that, it's great.

I don't think I would buy this product again because I wasn't absolutely in love with it.