April 24, 2014 | 1856 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by LuvaSale

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product because I saw Kandee Johnson use it on her Youtube video (I LOVE Kandee, btw <3). Anyway, I purchased it through Naimes website and it arrived fairly quickly. The packaging is cute LOL and the colors are wonderful. The consistency of these concealers is thick, sort of dry but do warm up on the back of your hand. They blend well together and I use them all. You really do need to give each and every shade a chance because the more you play with it, the more quickly you will love it! Also, please keep in mind that less is more - and that you can build the coverage you need. If you apply too much, just blend/pat it around but starting out light has worked the best for me. I use the lavender color to highlight just under my eye brows and the inner corner of my eyes. To remove under eye circles, use the lightest blended with the medium...works perfectly. I set this concealer & my foundation with MUF HD powder. Dark spots are concealed with the lavender as well. Green for red spots and/or pimples. Amazing product! I will buy this product again but I think I'll be using this wheel for quite some time as there is a nice amount of product in the container. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by joyce77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I got the corrector darker skin tones.

This concealer plus MUFE Full Cover are the best for Oily skin. If you have dry skin, I wouldn't recommend this product.

Mine was quite soft and easy to use. I didn't need to use a hairdryer to soften it at all. I found mine easy to blend into may skin. It covers dark spots on my skin. The peach corrector is the perfect tone for the skin under my eyes. It worked well with my MUFE HD Foundation and Prep and Prime Powder.I found quite easy to blend colours together to create a tone that matched my skin.

The only problem is that the concealer is difficult to by in US-Naimies LA is the only shop that has it. There is one shop/online store in Paris that sells it. That's why I gave it a 4 star rating

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by D3sign

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a problem with finding the right concealer for my under eye circles so I bought this thinking that i can mix my own to suit myself! I bought this about 2 yrs ago... I have dry skin and the ONLY way for it to not look soo cakey is if i only dab bit by bit with my fingers, once i add a bit too much, it's over... major cake-fest! I heard about warming it up to melt it a bit but honestly, to have to get up and go to washroom to use the blowdryer when I use this is too much of a hassle. And the clear plastic piece on the lid popped off as well! I use yellow beige to conceal only where the bag starts near the side of my nose and it does work a bit by eliminating the blue tinge. I have tried ivory but all it does it lighten my bluish-brown tinge on my under eyes. I DO love the green one for the sides of my nostrils where it's a bit red and also some blemishes that are pink, it really does conceal those well but I only dab very VERY little green and dab the area to disperse the color to counter the redness! I don't really use the other colors though... overall, it's too expensive and doesn't suit me well, i only like the green color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Absolutelee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this concealer palette for a second time, this time I purchased the newly launched concealer wheel for fair skin, it has much better colors for my skin tone. The problems I had with the original was that it was too dry for a concealer and I really only got use out of the green and lilac colors. The new version has more subtle versions of the original green ( blends in right away and doesn't leave me that green colour ) and the contouring colour, under eye colour and ivory all suit my skin tone. I was still not fond of the consistency and I still find myself using my hair dryer and a light serum to mix in to make it the right texture to go on perfectly. One down fault to the new palette is I find the highlighter way too pinky and not as flattering on as the lilac was. But all in all I really like using this palette as I can cover any flaw while still looking natural .

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by teknologik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this a few years ago and intended to use this as a foundation rather than a concealer. This product is super practical as it allows you to mix the colours as you please to create the perfect match for your skin. Unfortunately, my raves abruptly end here as there's little else that's positive to say regarding "portfolio".

First, let's discuss the packaging. Perhaps this is mostly my fault as I should have been mixing the colours on a mixing palette or something (really, I'm not a professional and don't have these readily laying about my home) but I simply dipped my finger into one colour and then another and another and soon my colour wheel looked like a muddy mess. The green and lilac looked really dirty and the other three browns all started to look like the same colour to the point where I couldn't tell which was the darker of the shades. When the MUA initially applied this she just dipped her brush into all the colours so I thought I could do the same. Apparently not. As for the packaging itself, the clear lid for the palette has popped off after roughly 5-6 months of use on both of the portfolios I purchased. It's quite annoying to have to pop it back into place each time I use it. Portfolio has 5 colors and sadly I only really used 3 out of the 5. The price is a bit high considering most people won't ever use all the colours. I really wish Lise Watier offered a correcting wheel with peach, yellow, lilac and green colours as the browns aren't of much use to me but I can only dream...

Now onto the product itself. I feel like this is far too heavy for a concealer and yet it provides such poor coverage. Initially the coverage is beautiful but once it sets and you go about your day, the product fades and accentuates your pores/imperfections miserably. It settles into fine lines and makes a person look incredibly old. On me, the product turned oily quite fast and transferred onto my fingers and phone when I put them to my face. I was using this primarily as an under-eye concealer (it makes for a horrible foundation I quickly learned) and after 2 years that area has become crepey and I've developed milia. I am 20 years old; fine lines should not be happening nor should they be this prominent. This product is drying so I would suggest wearing a moisturizer under this.

I love their concept but Lise Watier totally needs to go back to the drawing board on this one. It's heavy, drying, and has zero staying-power. I've moved on to a better concealer and will never re-purchase this...EVER.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by youriahh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really nice coverage because it has quite a bit of pigment. The colours I usually use are green, ivory and .lilac. When using, I like to use my finger to warm up the concealer and then apply with a concealer brush. Make sure to really moisturize before because I found that it went on a little cake-y. Especially under the eye. The packaging is informative so that's useful. On the back of the concealer there's a little bit of information on what the different colours are used for. As great as this product is, I can't get over how it makes my under eye area look dry even with eye cream! That's a bummer. Either than that, it's great.

I don't think I would buy this product again because I wasn't absolutely in love with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by SanityPhobia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Blergh.
Like many others, I bought this after seeing michelle phan use it.

It's creamy and manages to be drying and flake accentuating at the same time. I mainly bought it for the green color to cover the intense ruddiness around my nose. It was too obvious. The lavendar, salmon, and pale flesh color are okay. The thing needs to be heated with a blow dryer to blend properly.

IT lasts a long time though. Considering the price and the amount of concealers you get, its not too bad. I've barely made a dent after using this for months.

But I have moved on and started using sonia kashuk's hidden agenda concealers. They're dry but not nearly as dry as this. The green is more of an olive fleshy green which makes it totally natural. The salmon is just as a effect but less yellow.

Also, I think this was made for fair or caucasian women. So if you're tan, olive or black don;t bother

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for around 2 years or so now, and I've just begun to BARELY make a dent in some of the colors.
I mainly bought this because Michelle Phan recommended it, and being the makeup noob that I was, I decided to get it and try it out.
I first opened it expecting it to be a lot creamier; it's not exactly dry, but it's not really creamy either.
As someone else said, I use the salmon and ivory color to conceal my dark circles, lilac to highlight my face, and the dark brown to contour and green to cover the redness on my face.
While I have definitely grown to like the product, it has taken me quite a while to apply it so it doesn't look very obvious that I'm wearing makeup. I first moisturize, apply primer (not right now though, because I've run out of primer...), then I heat it up with my blow dryer for a couple seconds, then apply it to my face. It goes on smoothly and blends out to look really nice! I've found that after a while though, it tends to settle into the fine lines under my eyes and disappear on my face.
The price is expensive, but this lasts you for a LONG time!! Right now I've only used the ivory and salmon color a lot and I've barely made a dent into the lilac and green color.
I wouldn't repurchase just because there are some better concealers out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by clarifying what everyone else is saying. This concealer is not dry, but you have to remember this is a cream concealer, not a liquid one. It takes more effort to blend and when you first dip into the palette, it isn't going to have the creamiest consistency. You have to wear into the product, so to speak. Also, when wearing concealers on your face, especially underneath your eyes, you MUST moisturize and use a primer. Otherwise, you're going to be left with a flaky look and it will settle into creases and fine lines.
The breakdown:

Overall Rating: (5/5) I give this a 5 out of 5 because this is THE ONLY concealer that can cover my dark circles. The circles underneath my eyes are not from lack of sleep, they are genetic which makes it incredibly hard to cover but this stuff manages to do it somehow. I do use all the colours that come in the palette and once blended well, you cannot see the different colours. The green/purple/salmon tinted concealer will blend flawlessly into your skin tone and all you really need to do is set it with powder. The brown coloured is used for contouring which doesn't need to be blended in as much as the other colours.

Price: (3/5) For a department store brand, it is on the pricier side but I think it's well worth it. You get 25 grams of product (that's 5 grams per concealer colour!) for around $29. This will last you a very long time.

Packaging Quality: (5/5) I love the packaging. It's black and very classic looking. It can get a bit dirty because it is of a matte finish but a wipe with a damp cloth and you're good to go.

Buy Again: I will definitely be purchasing this again when I run out. This probably won't be for a while though!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by DNS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

These are awesome. I love the purple for highlighing my brow bone and under my eyes with Bo-ing by Benefit concealer over top. Those day I have VERY dark circles are gone COMPLETELY.