Sonia Kashuk Dramatically Defining Long Wear Gel Liner

3.7

Contains: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Polybutene, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Octyldodecanol, Polyisoprene, Propylene Carbonate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Dicalcium Phosphate. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Manganese Violet, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake.

on 2/25/2011 1:45:00 AM

I have never been able to use a liquid liner until this product. Since I wear glasses, putting eyeliner is hard enough when I can't see properly in the mirror so standard liquid liners would come out messy on my eye line. However I picked a pot of this up in ebony at Target since it was only 8.99 and a slanted eyeliner brush from their Studio Tools line to try it out one more time. I'm so glad I did because I was able to create perfectly lined eyes on my first try. I have no need to try out other brands, as long as SK makes gel eyeliner I will keep buying.

on 2/23/2011 8:24:00 PM

I cannot get over these gel liners...they are amazing!

The pigmentation is out of this world and it lasts all day. I believe it was $10 at Target and it was worth every penny. I prefer this over my MAC liners as it's cheaper and more accessible. I hope to purchase a few more soon!

Can't get enough of this amazing liner! The colors are rich and last forever. I like to apply it with a thin eyeliner brush along the lashline. I would recommend this liner to everyone!

on 12/9/2010 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Excellent dupe for mac's fluidline. Love this kind of eyeliner because it lasts forever, doesn't smudge on my asian eyes, and is easy to apply and more natural looking than liquid, which tends to look harsh on me. My mac fluidline dried out after I'd had it for a year or so (granted, you're supposed to throw it away around then, but I had a ton left!) and I can't tell if that's because I took better care of it or the SK packaging is just superior, but no such problems with this product after having it for almost a year. Definitely recommend for anyone who has problems with smudging or liquid- but I must note that I use a mac brush for it!

on 11/19/2010 8:46:00 PM

OMG! Love LOVE this! I used MAC gel liner ($32) for a while, and I have to say that SK is JUST better. Unlike Mac eyeliners that run down my eyes after a couple hours, SK does not! Not on my skin at least. I was so shocked by the performance of this $8 dollar gel liner, I would recommend it for those on budget and want quality at the same time. It's bold, but doesnt give you the fake black look. It also does the trick in making your eyes look bigger! Another thing I would point out is that it's quite gentle on my eyes, I have MAC pencil liners too and when I used them my eyes would turn blood red from irritation but this doesn't happen with SK at all! It also looks good with those that like to do the bottom part of the eye and doesn't run much when applied on the waterline.

One recommendation I would make would be to buy the eye brush ($10-19) with it, the handles a bit long, but I like it and have NO problem everytime i use it. So now, everyday I'm SO happy with this and I'm eye-makeup worry free every morning because I know I'll look good!

on 11/16/2010 5:00:00 PM

This is a pretty darn good gel liner. Not as opaque as Bobbi Brown which is the only one I can compare it to, but what do you expect for $8? Just go over the line twice instead of once to achieve a bolder look and you're good to go. I got it in the brown color and feel no need to spend more.

on 9/17/2010 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Im pretty new to gel liners so I wanted to give a review as someone going from pencil liners to gel liners. I have oily skin and watery eyes (contact lens wearer) and this liner stays on very well on my lids..on my waterline, it lasts about 4 hours, and I dont usually set it with powder neither. I only gave it 4 lippies because the ebony color could definitely be darker. Its more like a smokey grayish black on me (NC43 for reference).

on 9/17/2010 11:45:00 AM

I like this eyeliner a lot, but it doesn't go on as smoothly as Mac Fluidline. It's a lot cheaper though, so I can live with that.
I really love that this eyeliner lasts all day and night, but is still easy to take off. That was my problem with Fluidline.
This eyeliner is a great alternative to department store brands, but I wish the black (ebony) was a little bit darker :/

I like this gel liner. Its cheap and easy. I guess that makes it the slut of gel liners haha. Last all day and stays in place. All is great EXCEPT when and if you have watery eyes it cracks. Allergy season sucked for my eyeliner, but now that my allergy season is over with its heaven once again. Does apply smoothly ontop of shadows while remaining deep black. Using an old liquid liner felt tip to apply this product worked well with me, but then again so did a slanted tip brush.

I really, really wanted to like this liner. I've a gel addict and have tried:

Mac Fluidline (too water and "wet" looking, plus it dries out & smudges)
Bobbi Brown (easy application, long wear...minor smudging, but overall amazing BUT pricey)
Stila Smudgepot (i remember that the black looked ashy...but this was a while ago so my memory has faded a bit)

Of the 3, the Bobbi Brown is probably my hands down favorite...but it's pricey. So, I tried this as I like many of her other products and while the application is amazing - super smooth, no dragging, bold color...the liner starts to smudge about an hour into wear :( I believe that because this is so highly pigmented, any bit that gets into your eyelashes will end up around your eyes.

To its credit, however, this liner does last a long time. I just wish it wouldn't leave me with raccoon eyes so soon after application.

I guess I'll try the Maybelline or just suck it up and re-purchase my basic black in Bobbi Brown, too.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products