August 27, 2014 | 1777 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2004 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Kerryshka

I so wanted this product to work for me. I love the idea. But no matter how I applied it, you could always see the powder on my skin. It just sat there. Ugh.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2004 1:55:00 PM More reviews by nsodera

This was the most disgusting foundation I have ever tried. It looked like I had put dirt mixed with grease on my face. The objective is to use as little as possible, and trust me I did just that! But no matter how "little" I put on my face it looked dirty and shiny, plus I felt like I had a mask on. I looked like I was dead and sweaty! Plus the mineral veil was this gross white powder that added to my deadish look. I might as well have put pure starch on my face rather than a waste 24 bucks on this crap. I have tried other foundations but this one was the worst! I will stick to my Clinique gentle light foundation. It's light and feels like nothing on yet giving me a beautiful NATURAL glow. More than I can say for Mud Minerals! Yuck!! Plus this crap broke out my skin and made the pores huge!! This makeup is such a scam....and those women on TV doing the infomercial were sooo fake and doing such false advertising!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2004 4:44:00 AM More reviews by BelleBrune

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Somebody once said: Never say never. I should have listened. I vowed to never use anything else on my face when I discovered the BE line. I almost chucked out all my other foundations. Well, thank goodness I didn't. I used BE for a month, loving it at first b/c it was so natural, so good to my skin. I was never quite happy with the color (a mix between #1.2 and #2) but I let it pass, thinking of the good cause. No more powder, no more chemicals! My skin seemed to become a bit more oily, but I let that pass too. Well, now a month later I have gotten so fed up with the mixing and the swirling and the buffing and the second and third layering and the wiping if I put just a little too much on - that I have gone back to my Chanel Double Perfection again. Oh, the ease of application! The color (Poudré, a perfect yellow-toned match)! The swiftness (takes about 20 secs to put on and I can actually carry it along in my handbag for touch ups during the day, amazing)! I'm glad I got the trial package of BE b/c I'm really satisfied with the brushes (I use them for my CDP now), and I can even consider using the Warmth as bronzing powder for summer, but other than that - I will never say never again. I think... :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2004 12:45:00 AM More reviews by dudeybave

When I first got this product I found it to be dry and irritating to my skin. After that first time, I had no irritation. It is true that a little bit goes a long way. The application is a little annoying with all the swirling and tapping that goes along, but I guess you can't have everything perfect. Light 1.2 is perfect for my skin tone, I only use a little bit of the number 2 because it has a more orange hue. I really like the Mineral Veil and the Warmth that come along with it. A little trick that I learned from the enclosed DVD that came along with it is to apply the mineral veil before and after the foundation to keep the shine away. Living in Louisiana, a humid environment, that really works for me. Warmth is not orangy at all on my fair skin, and it just adds that "candle-lit glow" to your face. You can leave your face like that or apply blush over the top which I usually do. My boyfriend says it gives my face a "tan" look without looking orangey. I don't like the feeling of a heavy mask on my face or the look of discoloration of my skin from a heavy foundation, this the reason I preferred to go barefaced than wear it. Now, I like putting the BE foundation on and am very pleased with the results. My skin feels like it can breath, and is natural looking. You should at least try the system once and for at least a week to see how your skin fares with it. If the rest of the experience with the BE minerals goes like it has been, I'll definetly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by maria177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really liked this foundation. WHY?
1) its made out of minerals, so ur not putting dirty stuff on ur skin 2)it left my skin flawless
3) u can build up the coverage
4) it doesnt look like ur wearing makeup (although i put like 3 layes on!)
What i DIDNT like about this fnd: the packaging--> too much fnd comes out

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2004 10:01:00 AM More reviews by vanrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a whole bunch of BE for x-mas, and I feel bad that my mom and sister spent money on makeup that I will likely never use again. I tried it a few times, and I am pretty good at applying it, but I just think overall, for most people, this makeup just doesn't work. I used the absolute lightest (#1) and it was still too dark for me - in fact, it gave my skin an orangey color, and it made my skin feel dry and tight. It didn't give me much coverage, and just about everything else negative you've seen in these reviews, is true!
What ticks me off the most about BE as a product line is that they make all these claims about how great it is, and not one seemed true to me. And there is no justification for the price, if they are just pure minerals and all natural, why do they cost so much!?! Why does it cost $25 for some loose mineral powder?
If you are going to spend that much on makeup, you are much, much better off going with a department store brand, like MAC or Clinique. If you want all natural makeup, try Aveda, anything has to be better than Bare Escentuals.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2004 10:11:00 PM More reviews by janene5000

LOVE! Great coverage and ability to control application. The few shades offered match such a wide array of skin tones. One of my HG foundations / other powders.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2004 4:23:00 PM More reviews by jewel911

I used BE foundation in the lightest shade for about 2 years. I have a porcelain complexion and wanted lightweight, sheer coverage. It did provide lightweight coverage however it seemed to age me and I am still in my 20's. Any minimal wrinkles or creases around my eyes were magnified using this product plus I didn't find the Mineral Veil to control shine at all. Also mineral make-up can be messy and hard to carry around for touch-ups during the day. One of the positives for me is that a little goes a long way making it an affordable product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2004 5:05:00 PM More reviews by madscientist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using BE for like 3 years. I love it. I will never go back to liquid foundation which is so messy. I use mostly #8(Deep)with #2. The coverage is just enough to hide my discoloration. I must confess that I like MAC Blot Powder better than Mineral Veil for shine control. The key to using this product is "less is more" and a moisturizer that doesn't leave you greasy. Putting too much on looks horrible grayish and shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2004 12:16:00 AM More reviews by brynndalynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, second review so far and my first was incredibly lengthy so I will make an effort to keep this short for your benefit!

First off: I am a very thin skinned, rather translucent 21-year-old female with noticeable veins and blushes easily. Burns always. I rarely get acne blemishes, although I used to be rather prone to have one or two every month but use ProActiv and ProActiv works fine with this make-up. No side effects, or sensitivity when I put this on after washing my face - unlike with other regular make-ups in retail stores.

This product is very easy to apply, it isn't messy, it feels like it's not even on, it does give great coverage, looks like you're not wearing make-up, all the things they say it does, it does, the benefits they say it has, it has.

For me, however, I noticed that it is very difficult to match up my skin tone with the products they have. No matter how much of each product I mix together or leave alone it's consistenly too dark or too light. I use the lightest of them all, and if I mix ANY of the second shade in with the very lightest, I get an orangey brown look and I would rather have a whiter face than a darker face simply because without make-up my face is whiter than my neck.

I also noticed (this could be my imagination) but it seems to encourage break-outs. It could be very much coincidence, but I get extra blemishes after using this. Then again, they say it takes 1-3 weeks for acne to form so if that is true, I am very wrong about this causes break-outs.
However, another product was recommended by another reviewer, by the name of Aromaleigh and after checking out their site, after I am out of Bare Escentuals I am going to try it, it is even MORE natural, if you can imagine that, at less cost.

Yes... the cost of Bare Escentuals. Insane, by my standards. But I am the type of person that, until I find something better, I will use the best of what I know - no matter the cost - and so far, this is it.

I only use Bare Escentuals foundation because I don't want to look like I have make-up on even more, yet hide the blushes I constantly have, and knowing others can see me blush makes me blush more, very annoying and it hides any veins you can see and when I have a blemish, it covers it as well, or better (depending if I had a lucky stroke that day with the application brush)... adding lipstick and eyeshadows and blushes, etc... make you look just as made up as those that wear regular make-up's and isn't the second major point of using this to look like you AREN'T wearing make-up and don't look caked over? (The first being that it's au naturale) :P

A few tips - wash out your brushes regularly. After a very short time, not all the make-up comes out of the brushes and they get very rough to use against the skin and it reduces the quality of the new make-up you're applying. Also, if you're looking for greater coverage faster, spend the money on the Kabuki brush. It will cut your time in more than half if you're a multiple layer buffer.

And do try and find a moisturizer before you apply ANY make-up, and allow 3-5 minutes for it to really dry and settle into your skin. Applying make-up, even this natural make-up, tends to make the skin irritated and/or sensitive. Supple skin will lengthen the life of your make-up, otherwise it will dry out or get oily and look kinda gross on your face.

Most of all, just play with it for a bit. It's not a waste if you can figure out that it's the best make-up you've ever had. I didn't get it right the first time nor the second but it's easier now and even still I am noticing certain little querks to make it look better, and things I've done that have made it look not it's best.

Last but not least, shades lighter than your natural skin-tone will make your pores look larger! I have small pores so it isn't as noticeable and not a big deal but for those who already have large pores, do NOT use shades lighter than your natural skin color! :P

Hope all this gabber was useful for you! Have a great day! Thanks for trudging through! =)