April 19, 2014 | 1665 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2004 8:08:00 PM More reviews by ladygrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a foundation addict. I have tried so many of them. I bought bare minerals via an infomercial and used it for about a year--it gave pretty good coverage(and SPF-a bonus). I got bored and switched to some others then 6 months later decided most others don't compare. The powder is really easy to use and lasts all day. Use only a little or a powdery finish will be seen.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2004 3:55:00 PM More reviews by rola51

I'm still torn on this product...I'm going to give it a little bit before I can get down the application technique, etc. I'm also still trying to decide whether it makes the pores on the sides of my nose larger, or not, and also whether it makes my skin feel too greasy too quickly. Aside from those issues, I do like the color. Originally I was going to go with something else, but after reading reviews on here, I figured the Light was appropriate for my Asian semi-tan skin. I usually wear Soft Honey in Cover Girl, or anything else with a yellow undertone. This is definitely darker and more yellow looking than in pictures, descriptions, etc. The color is a perfect match for my skin, but I think it's a little misleading for people who have fairer skin.

Anyway, like I said...I'm going give it a little bit before I decide for sure whether I like it or not.
**UPDATE: I'm getting better at the application, and I'm finding how much I need for what kind of coverage. I'm considering trying the mineral veil, to see if that reduces the shine, etc. I got this from the Q, so I still have a 30 day trial period basically. Right now, it looks best when I put the BE on, then sweep over my skinlights custom palette (natural light). I'm wondering if the mineral veil or the clear radiance would get the same effect. The Skinlights is a better price compared to the BE though. Anyway, I was a little skeptical..but I'm really starting to like this. Especially for the summer, or when I want something light. There have been a couple times when I was feeling too lazy to do my eyes or anything else, but I still did a quick "buff" over my face to diminish some of the not so fun stuff. I haven't noticed it settling into any lines, honestly because I don't really have any (thanks Oil of Olay!) but you definitely need to exfoliate, because any little dry patches will be highlighted. I noticed the same thing when I used Chanel's Double Perfection Powder. I put that I would not buy this again initially, simply because I think this will last me a long time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 8:24:00 PM More reviews by kookykitty

Oh my goodness. I don't think I have ever written a reivew as negative as this one. I have oily acne prone skin so after reading all the raves about this product and hoe *perfect* it was supposed to be for me, I swapped for a sample of the foundation in medium, #2 Light, and a sample of the Warmth all over bronzer. This is definitely one of thos ymmv type of products. I am glad I tried the sample jar and did not touch the new one I swapped for(going up for swap as soon as possible). I mixed the medium with a bit of of Warmth to achieve what I thought could be my match(I am a Stila D/E with yellow undertones). First of all, those with yellow undertones should not go anywhere near the Medium shade. I hear that the #2 light is yellow, though. But, anyhoo, I won't be trying it for the following reason: the BE mineral foundation looked like tafetta on me. Yes, you read that correctly--you know that shiny fabric commonly used for braidemaids and for prom dresses. Yuck. Horrible. I left it on my face to see if it would get better throughout the day. I was wrong. Instead, I got odd stares until DH finally told me to just take a wet cloth to my face. LOL! It was that bad. I wish I could this product negative lippies. :P Please try before you buy or swap for a full sized one. I have heard similar results from other MUAers who tried other shades of foundation(all agreed on my shiny tafetta fabric description).But, some muaers love it, so this is definitely ymmv.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ayce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this last winter & loved it. I started out with this little kit on sale at Ulta that had warmth, mineral veil, a vhs, sh brush, & #2.3. I'm a tanned mmm so i bought 4.5 right away to mix. it looked really nice, fresh, and dewy. At the end of the day my face just looked shiney.. im convinced that the veil keeps the shine minimal though. I still didn't feel like it was a good match so bought #3 on eBay.. but 3 just looks so wrong for me. this product got me turnin to other powders.. then liquids. but thats just me, i always stray. i still use this once in awhile though.. & i love their brushes. i would probably repurchase this but this sucks as a spot concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2004 4:28:00 AM More reviews by finchy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best makeup I have found for my blemish prone skin. I also have uneven skin tone.It covers well and evens out my skin pretty well. But I had to get use to applying it first. Anyone who says it looks cakey probably didn't apply it right.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by zerodatura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All I can say is that I love this line of makeup, and I will never, ever go back to regular makeup or powders again. It covers better than any concealer or liquid, and it doesn't feel heavy on your skin. Plus, I don't break out anymore...no more clogged pores!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2004 2:32:00 PM More reviews by lapeen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was SHOCKED to read all the bad reviews about Bare Minerals. This is the first make-up I have ever used that I KNOW I will NEVER stop using. I used to be acne-prone...but not since using BE. I used to not want to bother with puting on make-up...but BE is so quick and easy...and I look SO much better with it on that I hate leaving the house without it! It IS messy though, and I have had a couple bad spills right before important events...but it's owrth it. I LOVE the coverage...the colors...and the brushes. Foundation, Veil and All-over face colors are ESSENTIALS. The eyeshadows aren't really all that special.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2004 4:53:00 PM More reviews by MMcDonald8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first applied the makeup I really liked the way it looked and felt. It gave pretty even coverage and felt very light - like I was wearing no foundation at all. The only drawback at that point was that it did make my pores appear larger. By the time I arrived home from work I looked horrible. The makeup had no lasting power at all! I tried it for a few more days and had the same results. I need something that it going to at least last through work and this product does not do that!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2004 More reviews by catgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel really bad that my Mom got me this set for Christmas, because I can't possibly tell her how annoyed I am with it! In the set my Mom got me, the packaging is absolutely the worst -the powder is packaged separately from the compact, so when you put it in, it spills everywhere. Ugh. Then, in terms of coverage, well, the Mineral Veil is just so-so for a loose powder. I just don't get what all the fuss is about. I'm all for the natural products (I use lots of them), but I find myself really confused by this stuff. The eye shadows are nice enough, so I gave it two lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2003 7:59:00 PM More reviews by BlondieX35

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wtf??!!!! This stuff has always screwed me over w/ a love/hate relationship. What I mean is... you're convinced this stuff is da bomb for about 15 minutes after your mu is fresh and pretty and all and then.. it's like your face goes to Hell. First of all, the color range is absolutely bogus. The Darker colors don't strike me as being pink or yellow based at all...just a weird, ashy, dirty tan color which ain't right by any means. That reminds me sort of that cheap crap you were crazy about in CVS at about 14 only to see pix of your face later showing you like a kid who's been playing in mud puddles and shit. Very expensive for the product. Oh yeah, but what I totally think sucks about this stuff is at the end of the day, it's sliding off your face like some kind of dingy looking self tanner and carries a heavy pink undertone that looks chalky and makes your pores ultra visible. Which makes me wonder...why would anyone buy a foundation formulated by a lady who looks like a drag queen to begin w/?