October 1, 2014 | 1789 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2004 1:38:00 PM More reviews by peppersunlight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this! i originally bought #2 from QVC which was too dark for a concealer but ok when i want a little extra color. i bought #1 from sephora and it is perfect for a concealer, and then as an all-over to blend the concealer in.

i have only been using it a few days, and last night i put it to the ultimate staying-power test: mosh pit action at an offspring show.

i am pleased to say, that despite the heat and sweat that occurs while in the middle of a mosh pit, when it was over and i went to the ladies room to wash my hands and splash some water on my face, i was happy to see it was still concealing quite well considering i had applied it 7 hours earlier, before the trek to detroit, two opening bands and then the main act and pit!

so, if it can tolerate that kind of test i am sold. it didnt run, streak or fade. and it doesnt *feel* like there is makeup on! there is a little bit of shine, but it looks natural and glowy, a touch of pressed powder or simply blotting with a tissue takes care of it. and i am oily anyway!

application is the only trick, play with it a bit to find what works best for you, as to not get too thin or too thick of an application. a little really does seem to go a long way.

*UPDATE TO REVIEW* I have posted a "before and after" pic in my photo album, if anyone would like somewhat of an idea of its coverage. :-) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2004 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Heatherbell70

Bare mineral makeup really does go on to give you a flawless finish if you apply it as instructed and you use a good quality brush. The BE kabuki brush blends the foundation in to a flawles finish in 10 seconds flat for me! Ive heard complaints that this stuff is hard to use, but I found it to be much easier than any other foundation I've ever used. Plus, the warmth is an awesome pick-me-up of color. I'm pale so I just barely sweep the face brush around in the dust on the lid and then tap it out. No kidding, just the dust! It is awesome! As is the glee. The clear radiance doesn't show up on my pale skin, or at least I can't see any difference, but I use it as a pretty and natural looking eyeshadow. These are definite HG products!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2004 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sbenowitz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder foundation! My skin looks clear and sort of shiny. I get compliments all the time. It is a little messy, as with any powder, but worth it. it's easy to get addicted to this line. There's even a BE Addicts forum, which i check every day!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2004 11:43:00 PM More reviews by WheresMyCouture

I can not believe I went for so long without knowing about Bare Minerals foundation. I absolutely ADORE it. It provides great coverage for me and I don't even FEEL like I have foundation on when I wear it. It hides my large pores on my cheeks and it has major staying power too! My newest staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by peridot7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess this is one of those love it or hate it products. I happen to love it. I've been using this off and on for almost 3 years now. Found MUA and got sidetracked for a while, but I'm back to using it more often than not. This gives me great coverage, doesn't make my skin look too made up or a heavy feeling, holds up well and lasts all day. If this works for you & you've figured out the application technique...you're hooked. My skin tone is somewhere between #2 & #3, so I mix them. I am MMM with normal/dry skin and not acne prone. One thing I've noticed with loose minerals is that the type, amount & how long you let your moisturizer set can make a difference. So, if you're having trouble with it, maybe that's the culprit, I don't know. I use the Ultimate Buffer to apply this and it really blends well.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2004 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Kerryshka

I so wanted this product to work for me. I love the idea. But no matter how I applied it, you could always see the powder on my skin. It just sat there. Ugh.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2004 1:55:00 PM More reviews by nsodera

This was the most disgusting foundation I have ever tried. It looked like I had put dirt mixed with grease on my face. The objective is to use as little as possible, and trust me I did just that! But no matter how "little" I put on my face it looked dirty and shiny, plus I felt like I had a mask on. I looked like I was dead and sweaty! Plus the mineral veil was this gross white powder that added to my deadish look. I might as well have put pure starch on my face rather than a waste 24 bucks on this crap. I have tried other foundations but this one was the worst! I will stick to my Clinique gentle light foundation. It's light and feels like nothing on yet giving me a beautiful NATURAL glow. More than I can say for Mud Minerals! Yuck!! Plus this crap broke out my skin and made the pores huge!! This makeup is such a scam....and those women on TV doing the infomercial were sooo fake and doing such false advertising!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2004 4:44:00 AM More reviews by BelleBrune

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Somebody once said: Never say never. I should have listened. I vowed to never use anything else on my face when I discovered the BE line. I almost chucked out all my other foundations. Well, thank goodness I didn't. I used BE for a month, loving it at first b/c it was so natural, so good to my skin. I was never quite happy with the color (a mix between #1.2 and #2) but I let it pass, thinking of the good cause. No more powder, no more chemicals! My skin seemed to become a bit more oily, but I let that pass too. Well, now a month later I have gotten so fed up with the mixing and the swirling and the buffing and the second and third layering and the wiping if I put just a little too much on - that I have gone back to my Chanel Double Perfection again. Oh, the ease of application! The color (Poudré, a perfect yellow-toned match)! The swiftness (takes about 20 secs to put on and I can actually carry it along in my handbag for touch ups during the day, amazing)! I'm glad I got the trial package of BE b/c I'm really satisfied with the brushes (I use them for my CDP now), and I can even consider using the Warmth as bronzing powder for summer, but other than that - I will never say never again. I think... :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2004 12:45:00 AM More reviews by dudeybave

When I first got this product I found it to be dry and irritating to my skin. After that first time, I had no irritation. It is true that a little bit goes a long way. The application is a little annoying with all the swirling and tapping that goes along, but I guess you can't have everything perfect. Light 1.2 is perfect for my skin tone, I only use a little bit of the number 2 because it has a more orange hue. I really like the Mineral Veil and the Warmth that come along with it. A little trick that I learned from the enclosed DVD that came along with it is to apply the mineral veil before and after the foundation to keep the shine away. Living in Louisiana, a humid environment, that really works for me. Warmth is not orangy at all on my fair skin, and it just adds that "candle-lit glow" to your face. You can leave your face like that or apply blush over the top which I usually do. My boyfriend says it gives my face a "tan" look without looking orangey. I don't like the feeling of a heavy mask on my face or the look of discoloration of my skin from a heavy foundation, this the reason I preferred to go barefaced than wear it. Now, I like putting the BE foundation on and am very pleased with the results. My skin feels like it can breath, and is natural looking. You should at least try the system once and for at least a week to see how your skin fares with it. If the rest of the experience with the BE minerals goes like it has been, I'll definetly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by maria177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really liked this foundation. WHY?
1) its made out of minerals, so ur not putting dirty stuff on ur skin 2)it left my skin flawless
3) u can build up the coverage
4) it doesnt look like ur wearing makeup (although i put like 3 layes on!)
What i DIDNT like about this fnd: the packaging--> too much fnd comes out