Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 6/14/2007 2:14:00 PM

This product will not give you a squeaky clean feeling, but I'm not thoroughly convinced a cleanser is supposed to do that. It does clean your face without harming your skin. It does not remove eye makeup, but it does it's intended purpose; clean skin. I have very sensitive acne prone, combo skin. I have been through a million cleaners and scrubs, but this seems to be the most simple, least harmful method of cleansing my face. At times, I do use scrubs and masks with this product to give myself a thorough cleaning. But it's a great everyday cleanser.

on 6/13/2007 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I agree with the person who said that this stuff doesn't clean well. After I use it, my skin feels so residuey and my (non water-proof) mascara is all over the place. I have oily skin so maybe it's not good for my skin type, but overall, I was VERY DISSAPOINTED!

on 6/12/2007 6:23:00 PM

Just starting using this about a month ago. I was using Purpose and Olay. I like it so far. Isn't really over-drying and I have dry skin, so this is important to me. It does nothing for eye make-up. I have to use remover for that, but overall I have been pleased. I have really sensitive skin and it hasn't caused any break-outs at all.

on 6/12/2007 10:05:00 AM

I have purchased several bottles of this over the years, usually because of the raves in every magazine. I think I seem to forget that it really doesn't do much for my skin. The smell is't that pleasant and considering its a sensitive formula I actually found it quite drying and left my skin with no glow and a bit rough and slightly broken out. For around the same price I got much better results with the Garnier soft cream cleanser and the Nivea cream cleanser which aren't drying and don't break out the skin. This is so not worth the hype!

on 6/11/2007 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

No, no this product is not good. 1. It doesn't clean!!! Your face will still have stuff (makeup, etc) on it. I always use a toner afterwards and you wouldn't belive how dirty that cotton ball is! Might as well just use water!!!
2. It leaves your skin dry!
3. It does nothing for acne

I really wanted to like it cause its so highly recommended by some... but its time to admit it. IT SUCKED.

on 6/11/2007 9:19:00 PM

Unless you have extremely dry or sensitive skin, I would not recommend this product for you. This is a very gentle & creamy cleanser, & if you like the squeaky clean feeling after cleansing, then you will be disappointed.

on 6/11/2007 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have VERY sensitive skin that reacts (yes, break-outs) and have tried everything out there. Most cleansers dry my face and many lotions cause pimples. I tried this "Gentle Cleanser" given that it is especially formulated for sensitive skin and seriously, I cannot remember the last time my skin was this bad. The cleanser gave me skin oily (which only happens when I use cheap chemical sunscreens) by leaving an "unrinseable" film. I does everything but clean your skin - or remove make-up for that matter.
There are other cleansers out there that actually clean.

on 6/11/2007 4:35:00 PM

My HG. I was told years ago, when I was experiencing acne and milia, to get rid of all of my cleansers, lotions etc. and just use Cetaphil. Years later, I am still using this and my skin looks great.

on 6/11/2007 3:25:00 PM

Cetaphil is my HG face cleanser!!! I love it, this stuff is great, the price is cheap and you can use it for multiple tasks. It is very gentle and doesn’t burn my very sensitive, acne prone skin, nor left this weird itchy feeling I get with other cleanser. Since I use it, my acne has significantly reduced. I use it every morning by itself, and every evening after removing excess makeup using Marcelle products (Cleansing milk and Gel makeup remover) because Cetaphil is SO gentle that it won’t get rid of makeup… but this doesn’t bother me. I prefer to use 2 gentle products (cleansing milk and Cetaphil) instead of one that could leave me with skin problems. I also use it to shave (legs) and mix it with aspirin to put on cystic zits. I sometimes use it by itself, without water, like a cleansing milk if I’m in a rush but it feels a little bit sticky; I prefer to rince it.

on 6/8/2007 9:44:00 PM

After hearing a lot about this product, I gave it a try since its said to be good for sensitive skin.

It was a total disasster. After washing, it did not remove dirty like my previous cleansers. The cotton wool i used for the toner had more dirt than i had seen in a couple of yours. It doesnt remove any dirty

I wouldnt recommend it to anyone i love

Video Reviews & Tutorials