Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 7/10/2007 5:40:00 PM

I have been using this product for one year and finally gave up. It is a great cleanser to use in the morning because it is gentle and does not leave your skin dry, but it does not remove makeup what so ever.

on 7/10/2007 4:04:00 PM

NORMAL - OILY SKIN version

I love this stuff! I have pretty even skin with ocassional oiliness in the T-zone and the random blemish. This is the first stuff I've found that leaves my skin feeling clean and softly moisturized all day. I like the pump container it comes in, very convenient. I have a large sized bottle in my shower and the smaller sized pump near my bathroom sink. I use it twice a day, and a little goes a long way so it seems like the bottles last forever. I've used this for a few years now and will continue.

on 7/9/2007 7:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Yes, it does clean your face, but I can't get past the perfumy smell it has. I used it to wash my hands one day and kept wondering why I was smelling bug spray until I realized it was the Cetaphil on my hands.

on 7/8/2007 8:34:00 PM

How good this product is for you depends on what you need it for.

I always use this for my eyes. If I have to wash my face (to reapply make up before going out or something) I use this cleanser.

It is gentle and lovely.

If you have dry or extremely sensitive or even perfect skin. . . this is perfect for your everyday cleanser. If you are acne prone like me, this is perfect for your eyes and for times when you have "specia;" needs.

on 7/7/2007 6:19:00 PM

My skin is thin and sensitive, this one does not cause irritation and leaves soft feel. The only pro is it does not clean make up very well.

on 7/7/2007 3:15:00 PM

Cetaphil. I remember when everyone went Cetaphil crazy? Was this caused by another Allure endorsement? I think so. Yes, Cetaphil is gentle, scent-free, and all that good stuff. The price is ok, a bit pricey for drugstore. I tried it on my face: left a film, and didn't feel clean. Tried to remove eye makeup: bad idea, folks. I won't use this on my face, but it's the only cleanser i use for sensitive private areas. It's good to have on hand, in case your skin gets chapped and you can't tolerate soap. It's a staple, like vaseline. Will buy and buy and buy.

on 7/6/2007 9:43:00 PM

I keep coming back to this cleanser. It is gentle, yet very effective. I'm fine with its price considering how it works. It is a surfactant, not a soap, so it is gentler than other soap based cleansers. It's suppose to lift up all the dirt from face without harming your skin. I have a pump dispenser since I don't like the flip-cap they usually have. It works great. Whenever I have skin trouble I turn to this and it calms my skin and keep it clean.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I LOVE CETAPHIL! I've been using this product for two years now. I don't trust it to wash off my makeup, but I do start my night regimine with this. It is perfect for sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin. It is slightly overpriced, but if you buy large quantaties of it, it is much cheaper.

I loved this brand so much that I started using the lotion shortly after I purchased the cleanser. I use the lotion twice a day. It is NOT greasy in any way, and does what is supposed to do. I love these products, and would definately continue purchasing them.

on 7/6/2007 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a lovely, gentle cleanser that soothes and nourishes. The gentle ingredients take care of the skin and I love how my face never feels tight after washing. The scent is soft and subdued, perfect for those with sensitive skin. After using this for a couple of days, dry patches cleared right up and my skin felt noticeably softer and smoother. I just love the way it gently cleanses and soothes, removing daily oil and dirt buildup without stripping the skins' natural oils. The texture does take a while to get used to, especially if you're used to really bubbly, foaming cleansers. I love how it comes in a huge, economic bottle; it'll last me ages!

on 7/5/2007 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm very mixed about this one. It does most of what it's supposed to do - it cleans my face and is very gentle. I bought the one that says it takes off makeup, but it doesn't really get all the makeup off. I only use it in the morning when I just have to wash off last night's cream. The reason I keep buying it is because I can't find another gentle cleanser that doesn't strip my skin. It's an okay cleanser, but nothing amazing that makes a difference in my skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials