October 1, 2014 | 1850 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by lady_astrid2001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

instead of paying $7 for the cetaphil brand, i payed $4 for the equate version. i LOVED it. it moisturizes my face (i don't rinse with water but just wipe it off with a soft coth) and simultaneously cleans off all of the gunk. my face doesn't feel squeaky clean, but i don't want it to- i just want healthy skin that doesn't break out. i originally bought this because it is hypo-allergenic, and i really need that with my PPP skin. my friend also told me that her brother uses this because he has eczema, so i knew that it would be very gentle. the only thing that i do not like about this product is the bottle, because i feel like i always get WAY too much product in my hands. i don't really mind though, because it's only $4 a bottle, and its such a big bottle that it will probably last for well over a month, even with two washings a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by queenbee19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

there is a reason why my dermatologist and any friends that are in dermatology always tell me to stick with cetaphil and nothing else. your skin doesn't necessarily have to feel tingly in order to be clean. cetaphil does what it's supposed to do - clean your pores and the surface of your face. i don't breakout ever and i contribute it to using cetaphil religiously for the last 10 years.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by idigdirt

This stuff is the worst I ever tried. My face felt dirty and greasy. Just doesn't cut the gunk & oil & makeup. I've thought of trying and oily skin formulation, but don't think I will. I have a feeling it won't cut it either. I need to feel clean, no tight, but clean. I never felt clean using this. I still have almost a full bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2007 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Turquoise917

This was fine on me when I wasn't breaking out. This can work for me in colder climates. I don't use this to cleanse my face but to remove make-up (better than old fashioned cold cream). :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by korean

this is a very gentle cleanser.good for my combo skin. i don't breakout when i use this. but if you want to feel squeaky clean this is not the wash for you.and if you wear longwearing makeup you may need to use another cleanser 1st.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2007 2:21:00 AM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

I don't like this for all over face cleanser because it just doesn't seem to leave my skin feeling clean. I do however love this as an eye makeup remover.
Other eye makeup removers sting or blur my eyes, but this removes all shadow, mascara, and liner easily, without leaving my eyes greasy or dry.
I put a little on a cotton ball, rub gently over my eye, then rinse the cotton with water and remove excess lotion off my eyes. Causes no irritation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

this is a decent cleanser, but it is loaded with chemicals and can make you break out. i try to only use all natural cleansers now, but when i need to use a 'basic' cleanser i go with purpose now. yes, it is more drying than cetaphil, but i have somewhat oily skin so that doesn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Albert3333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin and this is a product I have been using for years. I have tried others but for the price and effectiveness, this is great. My dermatologist recommends it every time I see him.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by AquariusDaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it for my sensitive skin, I had been using it and stopped for a while and went back to "ol faithful".It has an almost non exsisting scent but cleans really well especially make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by breezyred

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Works very well as a daily cleanser. It actually made my sensitive skin itchy at first, but for some reason I stuck with it, and it went away. I use it daily, and I can't imagine replacing it anytime soon.