November 23, 2014 | 1198 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Ashley_1599

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this only once and i noticed results, and i love it! i recommend this product and i would deffinantly buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by waddlesworth

Whats the big deal about this stuff???

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2007 3:28:00 AM More reviews by readingredocean

The moment it touched my skin I felt a burning sensation...I checked the ingredients list and it seems to contain alot of different alcohols. Felt little dissappointed since I really wanted it to work for me after reading some great reviews on it and is great price. So, gone back to my usual Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser which is great!! (see my review)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by rabbitsmommy

This is my HG for face cleaners. I used to have terrible problems with cystic acne,this product has saved my skin. I tried so many other cleaners none of which have kept my skin so smooth and clear. And, the cost can't be beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by JennyWhite9895

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product..dermatologist recommended..works great with my skin..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by brinasmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was first introduced to cetaphil as a 13 year old being put on Retin-A for acne. My dermatologist said to use something very gentle such as cetaphil or purpose cleansers. First I tried purpose but that made my skin soooo dry and painful along with the Retin-a, so then I tried the cetaphil and that really made all the difference in the world. It is so smoothing, and soft and gentle. I have even started my 7 year old washing her face with it because I believe you can never be too young to start taking proper care of your skin. Every time I have been on Retin-A since, the only thing I can use is cetaphil. I rub it all over my face and then take a damp washcloth to wipe it off and then finish off with a splash of water. My only concern is that it doesnt seem to take off all the makeup you are wearing. I also use the cheaper Equate version for half of what it costs because it can be a little pricey, and I also think they should put it in pump dispenser that way some of the product wouldn't be wasted because it comes out of the container very quickly because its very runny.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by nell01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent cleanser which was recommended by my dermatologist. Does not irritate my skin.

I use this cleanser in the morning and evening in conjunction with my prescription acne medications.

*UPDATE* - I currently use the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar because it is dirt cheap compared to the Gentle Skin Cleanser. The bar soap lasts longer too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I decided to try this in place of my Spectro Jel cleanser, hoping it would remove my makeup a little better. It did remove my makeup, but it also left a disgusting powdery film on my face (no matter how much I rinsed). I'm guessing it's supposed to be a moisturizing film, but it didn't absorb and turned into an oily mess after a few hours. I normally don't have oil issues. It was really gross. I was also left with about a dozen clear, oil-filled pimples afterwards. I wasn't impressed at all. I tried it a couple more times but only got the same results. I also don't approve with the company's decision to put Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in the cleanser. This ingredient is a huge no-no for people with eczema or easily irritated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by sthomson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AMAZING. Dont try and wash your makeup off with it though. I just use it in the morning and it is PERFECT for my combination/acne-prone skin. You only need a tiny bit aswell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by juuuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

excellent for sensitive and irritated skin. helped me through the winter months and prevented my temperamental skin from drying out~! love it
My sister on the other hand who has oily skin says it leaves her face feeling oily but has helped with reduce her outbreaks.