November 26, 2014 | 1616 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2004 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lipglosadict

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I had found the answer to my make up problem, after seeing this infomercial. Leslie promised that Bare Minerals would work for dry, normal, or oily skin types. It does not work for oily skin like mine.I liked how it looked, until I stepped out in the sunlight, and looked in the side car mirror. I looked shiny, and greasy. I can see how this may be the hg for someone with dry skin, but the last thing an oily complexion needs is anything shimmery. There is a difference between a glow and a shine. I think Bare Minerals missed the boat on understanding this difference. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2004 10:53:00 AM More reviews by 1DIVA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like everything in this line, except the foundation. I have come back to this time and time again, thinking it will be better after I try other things. But it's always the same. It accentuates the pores around my nose, looks very shimmery on my skin and makes me very oily after a short amount of time. It also doesn't really provide great coverage and at the same time, looks very heavy. Very weird! This seems to work better on younger acne prone skin. I love the brushes, eye shadow, lip sticks and everything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2004 3:43:00 PM More reviews by tyronat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my holy grail foundation/powder/concealer. I have acne prone, oily skin and this has dried up the excess oil like nothing else ever has!! It stays on all day and looks fresh. My only prob is a slight itching if I sweat...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2004 6:41:00 PM More reviews by emailjeanie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for about a year and love it. I have a funky skin tone (courtesy of the "celtic curse" --aka rosacea) and I FINALLY found something to blend and conceal those overy-rosy cheeks. Application takes some practice to get down pat, but using the right tool is a definite must. I use Sephora's bronzing brush (a compact brush with a longer handle than BE's kabuki style) and have no problems. It covers, complements and warms my face. I recommend it to friends and will definitely not go back to liquid foundations again after this. YUCK! The lightness on my face with coverage is a winner!!!!!! Happy swirl, tap, and buff y'all!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2004 2:52:00 PM More reviews by tiarazeta

This was great for me when I took a medication that gave me horrible acne on my jaw area. I was using all kinds of silicone based foundations applying thick and looking like a cheap clown. This was the greates thing I ever bought for myself to cover up the acne while I went on Accutane therapy to get rid of the acne vulgarous. Its just like airbrushing flaws away. I used a soft but synthetic "liquid foundation brush" from the Body Shop to concentrate on blemished areas as a concealer brush. this gave me great results. the body shop "liquid foundation brush" costed like $18 but was well worth it for application. I used the Bare Escentuals foundation brush for the rest of my face. People that didnt know me before Bare Escentuals had no idea I had horrible acne vulgararious because the combination of the brushs and the foundations made my skin look nearly flawless (save for some bumps you could see in certain light...of course the make up only covers the blemish, not make the bumps go down) However, the soft focus thanks to the finely milled mica took attention away from those bumps as well where as other foundations would draw attention to the bumps. I found that I had to use fairly light 1.2 for my face in general, fair 1 for my jaw line (it was winter), and bisque for under my eyes. I still use the fairly light 1.2 on my face as regular foundation when I go out, but I use a stick foundation for under my eyes because the bisque became too drying for my eye area and the creamy stick foundation just works better now but I dont trust any other foundation for the rest of my face. If I have a blemish now, I will only use Bare Escentuals on them while they heal. And the BE makeup lasts for hundreds of applications unlike other mineral makeup such as Aromaleigh. I am extremely thankful to Bare Escentuals for helping my confidence and concealing my horrible secret to the rest of the world at a very low point in my life.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2004 6:33:00 PM More reviews by vickim100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the kit as advertised on tv. It was expensive, but I have broken capillaries on my nose and I wanted something (anything) that would cover them. When you get the kit after paying the $60 you find you need to purchase the concealer which is another $20. The product simply doesn't work. It doesn't cover anything. It is too expensive and the people that are selling it are rude and inattentive. I think I will try dermablend.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2004 11:36:00 AM More reviews by VeggieGurl

i was really excited by this product at first.
i had thought it over time and time again (especially after it being reccomended to me over and over with rave reviews from friends).

finnaly i decided to try it out.

i went to the actual b.e. store (in lenox)and tested out shades. i found the correct shade of foundation, the bisque, the retractable all over brush and a concelor brush.

on the way home (i allready had it all over my face) my face started to feel a little, well hot i guess. i didn't really think anything of it because it was mid summer and really hot.

i was fine at home (note: i was inside the rest of the day in the air conditioning).

i tried it out over the next few days.

i am highly allergic to this!!

my face would begin to feel hot, then itch and then burn. after washing it off (with cetaphill), i would have to put a cold clothe on my face for about an hour to calm my face. after stopping usage of this product, my face remand red (looked burnt!) for a few days after.

the coverage was not that great to me either. it would like fine in the a.m. and only a couple of hours later, it looked like nothing was on my face and made my complexion look sallow. it doesn't even look like that when i have nothing on.

i threw it away but kept the brushes (which i cleaned really well to remove all of the b.e. out of them).

i would not reccomend this to anyone with even the slightest bit of oily skin and definately not for anyone with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2004 10:04:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My general conclusion is that Bare Minerals is not a bad product. I've only been using this for about three days, but I like it as much as my Mac StudioFix. I think the coverage matches that of Mac and the shade matches my Asian skin tone perfectly (I'm a light 1.2). I have to admit that it is a little "shiny," meaning there is a faint metallic sheen, especially when used on my forehead. I have medium sized pores, especially on my nose, and it doesn't make them look bigger.

I've read other reviews saying that it's very difficult to use, so what a surprise when I was began randomly experimenting with the application and found no problems! The whole process of tapping out the foundation into the cap is a little bit of a hassle, but the application was no problem for me. I find that I don't even really have to swirl and tap as the instructions say. I don't use very much of the mineral foundation - very little at a time - and if I need to cover more, then I'll use a little bit more. It gives really nice, even, natural coverage. I break out - not heavily - but the redness is really reduced with the product. It looks quite natural on me, moreso than Mac StudioFix.

As for the Mineral Veil, I think it's an okay product. I'm not sure if you're supposed to use more of Mineral Veil than the foundation, but it does reduce shine. I may have to experiment with the amount of product to use for this one a little bit more.

The foundation (and probably the Mineral Veil, too) does slip off. Oddly, it slips off more with the Clean & Clear oil blotting tissues than with regular facial tissues.

Everything is a tad on the expensive side, but there are sites out there that offer good deals.

Again, my conclusion, give it a shot. I did, even after I read all those critical reviews, and I'm continually growing fonder of BE.

Update: I can't live WITHOUT this stuff. It gives my skin an airbrushed look and feels as light as a cloud! I can't feel it at all when I wear it. It's also a great concealer (I don't have the concealer brush, so I just use my finger). I use it to cover acne and acne scars as they heal. Works like a dream. I really think the trick to it is to BUFF. BUFF BUFF BUFF! Don't just dust it on, smooth it on, fluff it on - BUFF it on!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2004 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Tirantea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes your face very shiny and not in a good way it accentuates every flaw, even if you apply the bare escentuals powder over it. Plus it broke out both my daughter and me. And I was so excited about this product in the beginning, but after trying it for a couple of months (got to be applying it wrong everyone else loves it) and then the break outs I wouldn't recommend it. I will never purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2004 9:54:00 AM More reviews by LisaLou099

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first, I loved this product, but it was way too shimmery!! It accentuated every flaw I had and made my pores look very large. After watching the infomercial, I was hooked, but I guess it might work on older skin that isn't oily or blotchy like mine. It just seemed to be too heavy on my skin and it just seemed to sit there. It may work for some people, but it did not work for me.