April 18, 2014 | 1765 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2004 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Sanand

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using BE since February and it does in fact work. What one needs to do for coverage is one of two things: make sure you follow the instructions and tap, swirl, and buff. Now if you're not getting enough coverage (you have to take heed to the condition of your skin...for example, do you have lots of acne to cover, blackheads etc.), then slightly wet the flat-end brush with water, of course, to get the coverage needed. It depends on the person however if the product dried, works better than when it's wet or vice versa. Either way, it will work. Also, remember when one says "coverage", it's not a cosmetic comparable to theater make-up or other cream foundations which are formulated to give heavy coverage. It's a mineral(s) which is/are supposed to give a natural-like coverage to allow your skin to breathe most importantly, and look as if one is not wearing any make-up at all. I think people get the mineral make-up concept confused with what a make-up should be or look like on the skin. Minerals are moreso meant to allow the skin to breathe without absorbing irritants like other cosmetics and true, it is (and does) supply great coverage, but really the condition of the skin (face)needs to be taken into consideration. If the skin is broken out badly, more than likely, any mineral make-up for that matter will not provide coverage to the extent of completely masking the bumps. BE on the other hand works very well for me and like others, I was skeptical at first. Considering they have SPF 15 and it's not supposed to irritate the skin, it should not give any allergic reactions. Also, very little will take you a long way. If one wears too much of anything, it's not going to look natural. Unfortunately, we as consumers are too quick to judge products without trying them exactly in the way we should or we're too anxious and have expectations which to anyone may not seem realistic. Be patient. Give it a try and perhaps anyone who has doubts about the product will see that it does in fact work.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2004 8:24:00 AM More reviews by jeep_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted soooo much to like this stuff. But...it goes on too wishy washy for me - one day good, one day I look like a ghost. Then contrary to what Leslie says, it makes my face break out! It totally accentuates the wrinkles under my eyes too - NOT what I was looking for! I do love the brushes though...
edited to add... It's messy too - heaven help you if you knock it off the countertop! POOF! Instant mess!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2004 9:39:00 PM More reviews by shadder

Am I doing something wrong here??? I swirl, tap and buff and guess what, nothing. I get no coverage. They are right it is like you are wearing no makeup because it doesn't cover anything. I heard someone say to use bare vitamins on your face before hand and it will cover. So I bought that too and guess what, it still didn't cover. Boy for the price I sure in the heck expected allot more of this. The models they show on TV look flaweless. I would like to see them putting it on a bare face with lots of imperfections. On the infomercials and on QVC, they are applying it to a face that has already been made up!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2004 12:21:00 PM More reviews by killjoy14

THIS IS A GOOD PRODUCT FOR SOME PEOPLE, BUT NOT ME. I DON'T IF IT'S BECAUSE I HAVE OILY SKIN OR WHAT, BUT IT DOESN'T LAST LONG, WHEN USED TO COVER IMPERFECTIONS IT MAKES THEM SHINY (LIKE EYESHADOW), THE SHADES DON'T WORK FOR MY SKINTONE AND AT $25.00 A POP I DON'T WANT TO KEEP TRYING DIFFERENT SHADES UNTIL I GET THE RIGHT ONE. UPDATE: This stuff doesn't last at all on me

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2004 9:03:00 PM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

1.2 Fairly light is my shade. I just can't win with this foundation. Too little, and I don't have enough coverage. Too much, and my pores look HUGE. I tried using this with primer, it didn't make much, if any, difference. When I put this on this morning, I thought the skin on my forehead just looked OLD, and I have *never* thought that before, despite my two wrinkles from raising my eyebrow too much. At any rate, I will not buy this foundation again. I'll be amazed if I can bear to use it up. I'm at least glad that I bought it in the Bare Escentuals store and not through QVC - wasted less money that way. The testimonials look so great, but this just doesn't work for me at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2004 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Rain7

I have extremely oily/ acne prone skin, and I do like this foundation powder. I stopped using it for a while, but went back to it now that it is hot out, and I didn't want liquid foundation. It stays put all day. It isn't very matte, though, but it is impossible to keep my face matte for more than 1/2 hr. I use this in fair 1, and medium 3. I am fair skinned, but I like the extra color the medium 3 gives me for this time of year. I do think it is overpriced, though, but I would probably buy it again somewhere down the road.
UPDATE 7/30/07-I have thankfully discovered Everyday Minerals, and I will never go back to BM again. EM has excellent coverage, prices, and customer service. And it is way more natural than BM. This is what I have been looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2004 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Shy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this foundation! Won't clog pores at all. My skin looks so much better after quitting liquids, I will swear by BE for acne-prone skin to my dying day! Even though there aren't a lot of colors, the colors are really forgiving, so my hard-to-match darker skin is definitely appreciative of the flexibility of this! Looks really natural, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2004 3:09:00 PM More reviews by hairprincess01

My sister bought this for my B-day 2 years ago, and I have been hooked since!!!! It make my skin so glowful, and use only have to use a little so it lasts a long time. My sister is now hooked also!!! great product, I just wish it was more travel friendly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2004 5:59:00 PM More reviews by cinnamngrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the raves, I think I'm going to give this another try. As I recall, I liked this when my skin was near-perfect. But after awhile, my complexion seemed dull. I don't know if it was because of this or something else. The mess turned me off too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2004 1:38:00 PM More reviews by peppersunlight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this! i originally bought #2 from QVC which was too dark for a concealer but ok when i want a little extra color. i bought #1 from sephora and it is perfect for a concealer, and then as an all-over to blend the concealer in.

i have only been using it a few days, and last night i put it to the ultimate staying-power test: mosh pit action at an offspring show.

i am pleased to say, that despite the heat and sweat that occurs while in the middle of a mosh pit, when it was over and i went to the ladies room to wash my hands and splash some water on my face, i was happy to see it was still concealing quite well considering i had applied it 7 hours earlier, before the trek to detroit, two opening bands and then the main act and pit!

so, if it can tolerate that kind of test i am sold. it didnt run, streak or fade. and it doesnt *feel* like there is makeup on! there is a little bit of shine, but it looks natural and glowy, a touch of pressed powder or simply blotting with a tissue takes care of it. and i am oily anyway!

application is the only trick, play with it a bit to find what works best for you, as to not get too thin or too thick of an application. a little really does seem to go a long way.

*UPDATE TO REVIEW* I have posted a "before and after" pic in my photo album, if anyone would like somewhat of an idea of its coverage. :-) continued >>