March 2, 2015 | 1682 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2004 3:29:00 AM More reviews by colnago

For the first few weeks of using BE, I thought it was the best foundation I've ever tried. My skin tone was even and glowed more than with any other foundation I've tried. It lasted all day long for the most part, without needing touchups.

But after using it for a few weeks, my skin (which is sensitive but neither oily nor dry) began to feel very tight and dry and began to flake. I also began to break out, something that rarely happens to me, probably because my skin was trying to compensate for the dryness by over-producing oil. So now my skin is really dry and pores all over my face are clogged. Unless I see an improvement soon, I do not think I will be buying this product again.

I also stopped using the bronzer after a few days, because it just looked weird on my PPP skin. Perhaps on someone with a darker skin tone or with a tan, it would look okay, but I was just too pale for it.

As has been mentioned, the brush that comes in the kit is utterly useless and loses bristles all the time; I barely use it for the mineral veil. I bought the kabuki brush, which applies the minerals much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2004 10:01:00 PM More reviews by mkaygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Makes my skin too oily and shiny, for the $$$ I'd go with Jane Iredale or Aromaleigh, those formulations are much better, I think some of the BE products clog pores and with all the excess oil I was having it just wasn't working-they do have good packaging, brushes and a variety of colors for medium skin tones. But if your trying to get healthy skin from this non-makeup (minerals) it might just clog your pores and increas oil though T zone and cheeks. Jane Iredale is much better quality for the $$.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2004 7:12:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I have recently tried this and while I love the idea of natural minerals on the face, I find this too cumbersome to use. What I mean is that the powder gets EVERYWHERE and always make my dresser look like it's in need of a serious dusting. The ingredients are great and the concept is intriguing, but I just find it so odd to put on powder foundation. The effect is as it claims, it does look very natural on, but nothing I can't get as good or better from the drugstore. Granted, the drugstore doesn't have mineral based cosmetics that I know of, but there are an awful lot of really wonderful drugstore prods. out there with good to the skin ingredients as well. Don't think I'd repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by divadeb51

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love BE foundations-got it in the TSV from QVC in June and I use it all the time. I bought Med. even tho I'm pretty fair and it goes on so nicely-covers well and leaves no lines of demarkation on the jaw line. My skin really does look flawless with this foundation and I doubt I'll ever go back to using liquid foundation ever again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2004 6:44:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

I was very excited to hear about makeup that was "good for your skin." I ordered the Medium kit from the internet, and eagerly awaited its arrival... (The Medium kit contains two foundations, warmth, and mineral veil, plus three short-handled brushes.)

The brushes SUCK. Their bristles fall out every time you use them. They get stuck on my face, in my nose, in my eyes, and they fall all over my clothing. Plus, their shape does not stay: the middle of the brush is all matted, and they are not dense enough for a foundation brush. (I keep very good care of my brushes. So, the condition of the brushes has nothing to do with how I care for them. My Chanel brushes are far far superior.)

The foundation is too "cake-y" for me. It makes me look very made up, not at all "natural" as the commercial/infomercial insists. AND it did not cover my blemishes at all!!! I have very large pores, and the foundation did a very poor job covering them.

Warmth is okay. However, there are far better bronzers on the market. (Versace, Christian Dior, and Guerlain make excellent bronzers.)

I did like the Mineral Veil. Maybe, just maybe, I would buy this product again.

I also bought "Clear Radiance." This is supposed to give you an incandescent glow, like a child. It is just sparkly stuff. Revlon's SkinLight (in BareLight) is better.

All in all, I would not buy this product again. I was very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2004 7:21:00 PM More reviews by punkysus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bare minerals is fantastic. It is everything you're looking for in a foundation. It covered up my redness and blemishes, and I love the fact that it's healthy for my skin. I'm never going back to liquid foundations, because Bare Minerals doesn't give a fake, masky look. It looks very natural, and gives an amazing glow. The product is a little messy, but that doesn't matter since it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2004 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Anna1081

It took me a little while to get the hang of this stuff. I've been using it for about 4 months now. At first I put on way too much and it looked really cakey. It also seemed to make me break out a littl bit, but I guess my skin just needed to get used to it because now my skin is really clear and I think its partly due to BE. I won't ever wear another foundation again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2004 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Misteza

I went to BE, had the makeup artist work on my face, loved it, bought it, broke out after wearing it about 8 hrs. that same day! Terrible experience! Never again! Needless to say, I brought the stuff back and got a return the very next day!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2004 4:44:00 PM More reviews by cherish1966

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this for well over 3 years now. I've suggested it to many friends and relatives who also are staying with it. I have NEVER been loyal to any one product, EVER! I know what others have mentioned with regard to uneven coverage, pores you didn't know you had and a sheen. I'm 56 yrs old with the crowsfeet and wrinkles that go along w/all those years. I find that using moisturizer and blotting it b/4 applying mineral veil, then apply foundation avoids many problems. Then, you really, really have to blend, blend and then blend some more. Not by rubbing harder but by lightly swirling. If you need addl. coverge use your foundation or bisque spot apply and then go over and blend, blend. Give it just one more try!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2004 1:06:00 AM More reviews by wild4pigs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UGH! I just don't understand all the disciples of this product. I have very pale acne-prone skin. This just looked like I put yellow dirt on with a fancy brush! Those women on tv must have absolutely nothing wrong with their faces, because they look great (unless they have something else on too hmmm....)By the way, cornstarch breeds a nasty bacteria (the main ingredient in the mineral veil) so if you are sensitive to that I would avoid it.