Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 12/15/2004 10:20:00 AM

I've used this product for almost 2 years now, and though I'm not in love with it, its great for my sensitive skin. I had same same "shiny big pore problems" as other people, but have found away to reduce if not eliminate them. First, wash your brushes weekly. The build up on them will make you shiny.
Do not buff, buff, buff as instructed. Because this makeup is a mineral, when you buff you are actually polishing the minerals and making them shine.
The bisque concealer, used in the areas where my pores are large, help cover them up.
I love the sun protection thiss makeup offers. I live in Fl and this works better than sunscreen and doesn't sweat off.

on 12/8/2004 1:30:00 AM

The foundation is just ok.
It doesnt hide blemishes or spots. It's supposed to, but I heard it didn't, so i didn't expect it.
It looks real natural to.

The warmth is great. Gives a warm colour without looking fake.

The veil is also great.
Covers oily skin perfect!

They are all easy to apply.

The greatest thing is; i can't feel it. And thats a plus, cuz i hated to use foundation, just because of that. But no more thanks to this one.

Would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am mostly positive but still slightly ambivalent toward this product. Here's why: 1)When applied correctly (patiently apply light layers and repeat until coverage is sufficient; make sure to knock the heck out of the brush until there's no makeup visible on it before brushing it on), it covers my moderate acne and constant red dots (post-inflammation hyperpigmentation from the zits). 2)It does feel better than liquid foundations or powders. 3)The color matches my skin better than any foundation I've found. 4)I have not had the pore-highlighting effect some women noted on this site, nor do I find that it settles into lines and cracks. So I really like the look it offers. 5)It does, however, look AWFUL on peeling skin. But that's true of any makeup. 6)The containers are a huge pain unless you put on makeup in exactly the same place every day. The travel compact sucks big time, and even when carefully sealed leaks powder all over your purse. 7)The pearlescent, transluscent effect can look like oiliness on the wrong day. 8)All of the crap they try to send you is awful, from the mineral veil to the warm highlighting junk--just get the foundation that matches your skin, one lighter, and a brush or two from Sephora, and skip the kits. 9) it's expensive. 10) It only takes a swipe with the brush (not more makeup) to touch up in the middle of the day. 11)But some days that means every two hours. 13)But it's titanium dioxide sunblock, so there you go. I'm about 80% pro BE.

on 12/6/2004 1:55:00 AM

I LOVE BE ! This is the BEST foundation . Every once in a while I'll try something else but I ALWAYS come back ! It takes a little longer but I feel its really worth it .

on 12/3/2004 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this WANTING to love it, but I just cannot. It made my face look weird and shiny. I also did not like the packaging. Too small and it is easy to spill. I also wonder how a POWDER can supposedly provide wonderful sun protection as the package claims. I dunno, I like Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer better.

on 11/28/2004 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

well I am a little mixed about this product. I bought it 3 months ago. I used it all the time for the first 2 months. But then i started to notice some things. I have huge pores on my nose and the minerals just made them look bigger. My face looked great after i put everything on, but after 2 or so hours, thats when the shine and pores broke out. I use liquid foundation now, but i was reading in another post that someone uses the foundation as a powder to set the liq foundation she uses. So i think i am going to try that.

on 11/26/2004 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just had a massage today and they were selling this product at the salon, so I thought I'd try out the tester first. Boy am I glad I tried it out before deciding to buy it. This stuff makes my pores look big enough to have their own zip codes. Even standing a few feet away from the mirror, all I can see is pores, pores, pores. One good thing is that it did seem to control oil, as I didn't get shiny for several hours, even without using a mattifier first. Aside from the huge pores, I did notice that my other flaws were minimized, but when I looked a little closer in the mirror, my face looked totally powdery and mask-like. No thanks, I'll stick with liquid foundation. (I can't say whether I was wearing too much of the product or not, as one of the makeup artists applied the product for me.)

on 11/17/2004 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i absolutely love this product! i have tried every foundation over the years from drugstore brands to super expensive ones. this is by far the best. the reason why some people may think it looks "powdery" on their face is because they're using WAY too much. only a little is necessary and you're face looks flawless. enough said, this will be the foundation i use for a long time.

on 11/16/2004 12:30:00 AM

I bought the Medium Tan. The match was okay, a little too dark. It was not the best make-up. It did a pretty good job of taking away redness on my face, but maybe part of this is because it's shiny. My face gets oily and it made my pores look bigger and became even more shiny. I did manage to keep the oil on my face under control once and I didn't mind the shinyness too much. The coverage is too light for me. I have a few scars and it doesn't cover them up. I have tried Cory and I think it is better than BE. But many women like to mix different brands and try out different products.

on 11/15/2004 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the second time that I have written a review for this product. I decided to give it another try but really nothing changed for me. This foundation makes my skin itch like crazy, accentuates every pore, fine line and wrinkle, does'nt cover up blemishes or redness and makes my face look powdery and old. With that said I still cannot figure out why there is such a huge and loyal fan following for this stuff. Obviously the people using it have perfect flawless skin. I just don't get it why are people so impressed with this stuff. If this is so natural and pure then why does my skin itch like crazy when I use it? Sorry all you BE addicts out there but this stuff just does'nt do it for me, I will take my liquid foundation over this and day of the week.