Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 11/17/2004 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i absolutely love this product! i have tried every foundation over the years from drugstore brands to super expensive ones. this is by far the best. the reason why some people may think it looks "powdery" on their face is because they're using WAY too much. only a little is necessary and you're face looks flawless. enough said, this will be the foundation i use for a long time.

on 11/16/2004 12:30:00 AM

I bought the Medium Tan. The match was okay, a little too dark. It was not the best make-up. It did a pretty good job of taking away redness on my face, but maybe part of this is because it's shiny. My face gets oily and it made my pores look bigger and became even more shiny. I did manage to keep the oil on my face under control once and I didn't mind the shinyness too much. The coverage is too light for me. I have a few scars and it doesn't cover them up. I have tried Cory and I think it is better than BE. But many women like to mix different brands and try out different products.

on 11/15/2004 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the second time that I have written a review for this product. I decided to give it another try but really nothing changed for me. This foundation makes my skin itch like crazy, accentuates every pore, fine line and wrinkle, does'nt cover up blemishes or redness and makes my face look powdery and old. With that said I still cannot figure out why there is such a huge and loyal fan following for this stuff. Obviously the people using it have perfect flawless skin. I just don't get it why are people so impressed with this stuff. If this is so natural and pure then why does my skin itch like crazy when I use it? Sorry all you BE addicts out there but this stuff just does'nt do it for me, I will take my liquid foundation over this and day of the week.

on 11/10/2004 3:29:00 AM

For the first few weeks of using BE, I thought it was the best foundation I've ever tried. My skin tone was even and glowed more than with any other foundation I've tried. It lasted all day long for the most part, without needing touchups.

But after using it for a few weeks, my skin (which is sensitive but neither oily nor dry) began to feel very tight and dry and began to flake. I also began to break out, something that rarely happens to me, probably because my skin was trying to compensate for the dryness by over-producing oil. So now my skin is really dry and pores all over my face are clogged. Unless I see an improvement soon, I do not think I will be buying this product again.

I also stopped using the bronzer after a few days, because it just looked weird on my PPP skin. Perhaps on someone with a darker skin tone or with a tan, it would look okay, but I was just too pale for it.

As has been mentioned, the brush that comes in the kit is utterly useless and loses bristles all the time; I barely use it for the mineral veil. I bought the kabuki brush, which applies the minerals much better.

on 11/7/2004 10:01:00 PM

Makes my skin too oily and shiny, for the $$$ I'd go with Jane Iredale or Aromaleigh, those formulations are much better, I think some of the BE products clog pores and with all the excess oil I was having it just wasn't working-they do have good packaging, brushes and a variety of colors for medium skin tones. But if your trying to get healthy skin from this non-makeup (minerals) it might just clog your pores and increas oil though T zone and cheeks. Jane Iredale is much better quality for the $$.

on 10/8/2004 7:12:00 PM

I have recently tried this and while I love the idea of natural minerals on the face, I find this too cumbersome to use. What I mean is that the powder gets EVERYWHERE and always make my dresser look like it's in need of a serious dusting. The ingredients are great and the concept is intriguing, but I just find it so odd to put on powder foundation. The effect is as it claims, it does look very natural on, but nothing I can't get as good or better from the drugstore. Granted, the drugstore doesn't have mineral based cosmetics that I know of, but there are an awful lot of really wonderful drugstore prods. out there with good to the skin ingredients as well. Don't think I'd repurchase this.

on 10/7/2004 4:03:00 PM

I love BE foundations-got it in the TSV from QVC in June and I use it all the time. I bought Med. even tho I'm pretty fair and it goes on so nicely-covers well and leaves no lines of demarkation on the jaw line. My skin really does look flawless with this foundation and I doubt I'll ever go back to using liquid foundation ever again.

on 9/28/2004 6:44:00 PM

I was very excited to hear about makeup that was "good for your skin." I ordered the Medium kit from the internet, and eagerly awaited its arrival... (The Medium kit contains two foundations, warmth, and mineral veil, plus three short-handled brushes.)

The brushes SUCK. Their bristles fall out every time you use them. They get stuck on my face, in my nose, in my eyes, and they fall all over my clothing. Plus, their shape does not stay: the middle of the brush is all matted, and they are not dense enough for a foundation brush. (I keep very good care of my brushes. So, the condition of the brushes has nothing to do with how I care for them. My Chanel brushes are far far superior.)

The foundation is too "cake-y" for me. It makes me look very made up, not at all "natural" as the commercial/infomercial insists. AND it did not cover my blemishes at all!!! I have very large pores, and the foundation did a very poor job covering them.

Warmth is okay. However, there are far better bronzers on the market. (Versace, Christian Dior, and Guerlain make excellent bronzers.)

I did like the Mineral Veil. Maybe, just maybe, I would buy this product again.

I also bought "Clear Radiance." This is supposed to give you an incandescent glow, like a child. It is just sparkly stuff. Revlon's SkinLight (in BareLight) is better.

All in all, I would not buy this product again. I was very disappointed.

on 9/26/2004 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Bare minerals is fantastic. It is everything you're looking for in a foundation. It covered up my redness and blemishes, and I love the fact that it's healthy for my skin. I'm never going back to liquid foundations, because Bare Minerals doesn't give a fake, masky look. It looks very natural, and gives an amazing glow. The product is a little messy, but that doesn't matter since it works so well.

on 9/20/2004 5:08:00 PM

It took me a little while to get the hang of this stuff. I've been using it for about 4 months now. At first I put on way too much and it looked really cakey. It also seemed to make me break out a littl bit, but I guess my skin just needed to get used to it because now my skin is really clear and I think its partly due to BE. I won't ever wear another foundation again.