January 30, 2015 | 1916 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2004 6:44:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

I was very excited to hear about makeup that was "good for your skin." I ordered the Medium kit from the internet, and eagerly awaited its arrival... (The Medium kit contains two foundations, warmth, and mineral veil, plus three short-handled brushes.)

The brushes SUCK. Their bristles fall out every time you use them. They get stuck on my face, in my nose, in my eyes, and they fall all over my clothing. Plus, their shape does not stay: the middle of the brush is all matted, and they are not dense enough for a foundation brush. (I keep very good care of my brushes. So, the condition of the brushes has nothing to do with how I care for them. My Chanel brushes are far far superior.)

The foundation is too "cake-y" for me. It makes me look very made up, not at all "natural" as the commercial/infomercial insists. AND it did not cover my blemishes at all!!! I have very large pores, and the foundation did a very poor job covering them.

Warmth is okay. However, there are far better bronzers on the market. (Versace, Christian Dior, and Guerlain make excellent bronzers.)

I did like the Mineral Veil. Maybe, just maybe, I would buy this product again.

I also bought "Clear Radiance." This is supposed to give you an incandescent glow, like a child. It is just sparkly stuff. Revlon's SkinLight (in BareLight) is better.

All in all, I would not buy this product again. I was very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2004 7:21:00 PM More reviews by punkysus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bare minerals is fantastic. It is everything you're looking for in a foundation. It covered up my redness and blemishes, and I love the fact that it's healthy for my skin. I'm never going back to liquid foundations, because Bare Minerals doesn't give a fake, masky look. It looks very natural, and gives an amazing glow. The product is a little messy, but that doesn't matter since it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2004 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Anna1081

It took me a little while to get the hang of this stuff. I've been using it for about 4 months now. At first I put on way too much and it looked really cakey. It also seemed to make me break out a littl bit, but I guess my skin just needed to get used to it because now my skin is really clear and I think its partly due to BE. I won't ever wear another foundation again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2004 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Misteza

I went to BE, had the makeup artist work on my face, loved it, bought it, broke out after wearing it about 8 hrs. that same day! Terrible experience! Never again! Needless to say, I brought the stuff back and got a return the very next day!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2004 4:44:00 PM More reviews by cherish1966

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this for well over 3 years now. I've suggested it to many friends and relatives who also are staying with it. I have NEVER been loyal to any one product, EVER! I know what others have mentioned with regard to uneven coverage, pores you didn't know you had and a sheen. I'm 56 yrs old with the crowsfeet and wrinkles that go along w/all those years. I find that using moisturizer and blotting it b/4 applying mineral veil, then apply foundation avoids many problems. Then, you really, really have to blend, blend and then blend some more. Not by rubbing harder but by lightly swirling. If you need addl. coverge use your foundation or bisque spot apply and then go over and blend, blend. Give it just one more try!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2004 1:06:00 AM More reviews by wild4pigs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UGH! I just don't understand all the disciples of this product. I have very pale acne-prone skin. This just looked like I put yellow dirt on with a fancy brush! Those women on tv must have absolutely nothing wrong with their faces, because they look great (unless they have something else on too hmmm....)By the way, cornstarch breeds a nasty bacteria (the main ingredient in the mineral veil) so if you are sensitive to that I would avoid it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2004 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Frogin479

Love this foundation! I've been using BE for over a year now and refuse to go back to liquid makeup. I've got acne prone/combination skin and this product works wonderfully...covers red spots and scarring, and my skin is a lot clearer now. Can't do without it, and my Mineral Veil!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2004 10:40:00 AM More reviews by iziz

My problem with this foundation is that it doesnt stay on my skin at all!!! I really wanted to love it coz it seems to be a healthy alternative, unfortunately, it was not for me, I actually could see the patches of mineral foundation on my face, it was so embarassing! The touch up would not help at all, coz the foundation just wouldnt stay put!

Also, another problem I have with BE is that it tends to make my face shine in a unappealing way, I dont have oily skin, I am quite normal in fact, however, with this, it just makes me shine like I have oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2004 12:49:00 AM More reviews by shadder

Ok, I wrote a review earlier not liking this product so I thought I would give it another chance. I even bought the bisque to see if it would help with coverage. What am I doing wrong??? I seem to get nothing from this makeup. I know it is suppose to give a natural look but on TV, they make it like it covers old blemish marks, redness etc. I find it covers nothing for me and when I put more on, it just excentuates (sp) my pores. I even tried the bare vitamins underneath? Is there a secret to using this product???

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2004 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

The reviews here are so love/hate that I was surprised to find myself feeling quite neutral toward this product. I got this in #2 which is a very good match for my NC30-35 skin - I was surprised this was called "Light" because I think this belongs in the Medium category. On me this works from the nose down - on my cheeks, jaw, nose, it looks matte and yes, bare, and very natural. Around my eyes, it makes me look old and does not work well at all with my YSL Touche Eclat and on my forehead, it emphasizes pores I didn't know I had. So I've been using this as 1) a finishing powder for my liquid foundation or 2) a touch-up foundation mid-day. It works well as either but I just don't find anything that special about it.