Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Liquid foundations always left my skin shiny and patchy after a few hours, but I've been using bare minerals since July and my skin has consistently looked great. In hot weather, in freezing cold windy weather--it wore amazingly well. I am utterly devoted to the Bisque multitasking minerals as concealer because they hide everything from spots to dark undereye circles beautifully and don't cake like other concealers do. My skin has never looked better. I love this stuff.

UPDATE: It's been years and every once in a while I try going back to liquid foundation, just to see if I'm missing something. Nope! I guess if mineral foundation works for you, you know it, and nothing else can come close.

UPDATE #2: My skin has changed over the past couple of years and this just wasn't working as well. I've switched to Diorskin Nude liquid and really like it.

I have mixed feelings. Sometimes I feel like it makes me look like I have beauty queen make-up on - too perfect for everyday. The coverage is great but I do have a big problem with it caking up in the fine wrinkles around my eyes and it does nothing about hiding my pores. I use Clinique Pore Perfecter under it and it helps a little. I don't hate it.

I have the type of skin that doesn't need heavy foundation, yet some mornings, I feel like I need a little something. BE is the perfect solution! It provides a sheer, flawless coverage, while looking like I'm not wearing anything. I use Light #2, which is almost a perfect match for my skin tone.

I don't have any problem with the number of sifter holes. I turn it upside down (with the lid on), then turn it rightside up and tap the bottom on the palm of my hand. This shakes most of the powder back down into jar while leaving just the right amount on the inside of the lid. This makes it easy for me to swirl a tiny amount into my brush, without worrying about putting too much on. I will definitely continue to use this great product!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

EDIT: YUCK! I don't know if it is because my skin has gotten more dry because I am on Retin A or what but this no longer works for me. It emphasizes every fine line and pore on my face. I look ten years older than I am. Now, it turns orange on me as well. My brother said "Man, you look like a tangerine!" I looked in the mirror and he was right. I checked the package and it hadn't expired, so I don't know what's up. I am not feeling this anymore at all. I've switched to Mineral Basics. Original review: It took some practice (and looking at QVC's videos on their website), but I figured out how to correctly apply it: Put some tape over most of the sifter holes, you don't need all of that product coming out. Pour less than a dime-sized amount into the top, swirl a good kabuki brush down into it (like *crush* the brush into it.) Then tap the brush against something hard so that the powder falls down into the bristles. Buff it into your face, like waxing a car. Go over again if there's not enough coverage. continued >>

I'm in my early twenties and I've tried many types of coverage but everything always seemed to aggrevate my acne more (I have combination skin...occasional hormonal breakout- little bumps). i was skeptical about bare minerals at first because it just sounded too good to be true (saw the infomercial) but long behold- this is probably the only thing i'll use for a long time to come. i'm already on my third round of purchase!!! the only problems i have with this product are the light coverage (too light for me) and the shifter jar that just shifts TOO much. because the minerals are slightly reflective, it does an amazing job of covering up redness but not if you have blemishes. for me, a little paula dorf concealer over the first foundation layer of minerals, however, does the trick of making my skin very natural and effortless. i highly recommend this-it's true that you can sleep with them on without breaking out!i find that using just the foundation alone washes me out a little..so definitely pair this up with the mineral blush(the colors are very soft) or your own favorite powder blush.

I've used this product for almost 2 years now, and though I'm not in love with it, its great for my sensitive skin. I had same same "shiny big pore problems" as other people, but have found away to reduce if not eliminate them. First, wash your brushes weekly. The build up on them will make you shiny.
Do not buff, buff, buff as instructed. Because this makeup is a mineral, when you buff you are actually polishing the minerals and making them shine.
The bisque concealer, used in the areas where my pores are large, help cover them up.
I love the sun protection thiss makeup offers. I live in Fl and this works better than sunscreen and doesn't sweat off.

The foundation is just ok.
It doesnt hide blemishes or spots. It's supposed to, but I heard it didn't, so i didn't expect it.
It looks real natural to.

The warmth is great. Gives a warm colour without looking fake.

The veil is also great.
Covers oily skin perfect!

They are all easy to apply.

The greatest thing is; i can't feel it. And thats a plus, cuz i hated to use foundation, just because of that. But no more thanks to this one.

Would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am mostly positive but still slightly ambivalent toward this product. Here's why: 1)When applied correctly (patiently apply light layers and repeat until coverage is sufficient; make sure to knock the heck out of the brush until there's no makeup visible on it before brushing it on), it covers my moderate acne and constant red dots (post-inflammation hyperpigmentation from the zits). 2)It does feel better than liquid foundations or powders. 3)The color matches my skin better than any foundation I've found. 4)I have not had the pore-highlighting effect some women noted on this site, nor do I find that it settles into lines and cracks. So I really like the look it offers. 5)It does, however, look AWFUL on peeling skin. But that's true of any makeup. 6)The containers are a huge pain unless you put on makeup in exactly the same place every day. The travel compact sucks big time, and even when carefully sealed leaks powder all over your purse. 7)The pearlescent, transluscent effect can look like oiliness on the wrong day. 8)All of the crap they try to send you is awful, from the mineral veil to the warm highlighting junk--just get the foundation that matches your skin, one lighter, and a brush or two from Sephora, and skip the kits. 9) it's expensive. 10) It only takes a swipe with the brush (not more makeup) to touch up in the middle of the day. 11)But some days that means every two hours. 13)But it's titanium dioxide sunblock, so there you go. I'm about 80% pro BE.

I LOVE BE ! This is the BEST foundation . Every once in a while I'll try something else but I ALWAYS come back ! It takes a little longer but I feel its really worth it .

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this WANTING to love it, but I just cannot. It made my face look weird and shiny. I also did not like the packaging. Too small and it is easy to spill. I also wonder how a POWDER can supposedly provide wonderful sun protection as the package claims. I dunno, I like Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer better.