Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am mostly positive but still slightly ambivalent toward this product. Here's why: 1)When applied correctly (patiently apply light layers and repeat until coverage is sufficient; make sure to knock the heck out of the brush until there's no makeup visible on it before brushing it on), it covers my moderate acne and constant red dots (post-inflammation hyperpigmentation from the zits). 2)It does feel better than liquid foundations or powders. 3)The color matches my skin better than any foundation I've found. 4)I have not had the pore-highlighting effect some women noted on this site, nor do I find that it settles into lines and cracks. So I really like the look it offers. 5)It does, however, look AWFUL on peeling skin. But that's true of any makeup. 6)The containers are a huge pain unless you put on makeup in exactly the same place every day. The travel compact sucks big time, and even when carefully sealed leaks powder all over your purse. 7)The pearlescent, transluscent effect can look like oiliness on the wrong day. 8)All of the crap they try to send you is awful, from the mineral veil to the warm highlighting junk--just get the foundation that matches your skin, one lighter, and a brush or two from Sephora, and skip the kits. 9) it's expensive. 10) It only takes a swipe with the brush (not more makeup) to touch up in the middle of the day. 11)But some days that means every two hours. 13)But it's titanium dioxide sunblock, so there you go. I'm about 80% pro BE.

on 12/6/2004 1:55:00 AM

I LOVE BE ! This is the BEST foundation . Every once in a while I'll try something else but I ALWAYS come back ! It takes a little longer but I feel its really worth it .

on 12/3/2004 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this WANTING to love it, but I just cannot. It made my face look weird and shiny. I also did not like the packaging. Too small and it is easy to spill. I also wonder how a POWDER can supposedly provide wonderful sun protection as the package claims. I dunno, I like Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer better.

on 11/28/2004 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

well I am a little mixed about this product. I bought it 3 months ago. I used it all the time for the first 2 months. But then i started to notice some things. I have huge pores on my nose and the minerals just made them look bigger. My face looked great after i put everything on, but after 2 or so hours, thats when the shine and pores broke out. I use liquid foundation now, but i was reading in another post that someone uses the foundation as a powder to set the liq foundation she uses. So i think i am going to try that.

on 11/26/2004 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just had a massage today and they were selling this product at the salon, so I thought I'd try out the tester first. Boy am I glad I tried it out before deciding to buy it. This stuff makes my pores look big enough to have their own zip codes. Even standing a few feet away from the mirror, all I can see is pores, pores, pores. One good thing is that it did seem to control oil, as I didn't get shiny for several hours, even without using a mattifier first. Aside from the huge pores, I did notice that my other flaws were minimized, but when I looked a little closer in the mirror, my face looked totally powdery and mask-like. No thanks, I'll stick with liquid foundation. (I can't say whether I was wearing too much of the product or not, as one of the makeup artists applied the product for me.)

on 11/17/2004 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i absolutely love this product! i have tried every foundation over the years from drugstore brands to super expensive ones. this is by far the best. the reason why some people may think it looks "powdery" on their face is because they're using WAY too much. only a little is necessary and you're face looks flawless. enough said, this will be the foundation i use for a long time.

on 11/16/2004 12:30:00 AM

I bought the Medium Tan. The match was okay, a little too dark. It was not the best make-up. It did a pretty good job of taking away redness on my face, but maybe part of this is because it's shiny. My face gets oily and it made my pores look bigger and became even more shiny. I did manage to keep the oil on my face under control once and I didn't mind the shinyness too much. The coverage is too light for me. I have a few scars and it doesn't cover them up. I have tried Cory and I think it is better than BE. But many women like to mix different brands and try out different products.

on 11/15/2004 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the second time that I have written a review for this product. I decided to give it another try but really nothing changed for me. This foundation makes my skin itch like crazy, accentuates every pore, fine line and wrinkle, does'nt cover up blemishes or redness and makes my face look powdery and old. With that said I still cannot figure out why there is such a huge and loyal fan following for this stuff. Obviously the people using it have perfect flawless skin. I just don't get it why are people so impressed with this stuff. If this is so natural and pure then why does my skin itch like crazy when I use it? Sorry all you BE addicts out there but this stuff just does'nt do it for me, I will take my liquid foundation over this and day of the week.

on 11/10/2004 3:29:00 AM

For the first few weeks of using BE, I thought it was the best foundation I've ever tried. My skin tone was even and glowed more than with any other foundation I've tried. It lasted all day long for the most part, without needing touchups.

But after using it for a few weeks, my skin (which is sensitive but neither oily nor dry) began to feel very tight and dry and began to flake. I also began to break out, something that rarely happens to me, probably because my skin was trying to compensate for the dryness by over-producing oil. So now my skin is really dry and pores all over my face are clogged. Unless I see an improvement soon, I do not think I will be buying this product again.

I also stopped using the bronzer after a few days, because it just looked weird on my PPP skin. Perhaps on someone with a darker skin tone or with a tan, it would look okay, but I was just too pale for it.

As has been mentioned, the brush that comes in the kit is utterly useless and loses bristles all the time; I barely use it for the mineral veil. I bought the kabuki brush, which applies the minerals much better.

on 11/7/2004 10:01:00 PM

Makes my skin too oily and shiny, for the $$$ I'd go with Jane Iredale or Aromaleigh, those formulations are much better, I think some of the BE products clog pores and with all the excess oil I was having it just wasn't working-they do have good packaging, brushes and a variety of colors for medium skin tones. But if your trying to get healthy skin from this non-makeup (minerals) it might just clog your pores and increas oil though T zone and cheeks. Jane Iredale is much better quality for the $$.