July 29, 2014 | 2088 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Hannah30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have thought it over and over. I wanted to try this soooo bad. Today, I found a store in my city that sells BE. I am amazed at the feel of this. Absolute perfection in a foundation. I can't believe the coverage and the fact that I am not dumping liquid foundation on my skin is such a relief. I hated my foundation. I will never go back to liquid foundation. This is everything I'd hoped it would be. I am in LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2004 8:32:00 PM More reviews by blush223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this, but it's not HG and doesn't give a flawless look. I like it because it gives decent light-to-medium coverage, doesn't blotch up on my combination skin like most liquid foundations and a couple of people have complimented me on my complexion since I've used it. It also doesn't clog my pores or make me break out like many liquid foundations do. BUT...it's a bit tricky to use and is like a powder/foundation, emphasis on the powder, so be careful. Make sure your skin is moisturized and the moisturizer has time to "set" before applying the BE. It DOES NOT minimize pores or do away with fine lines. It can settle in lines a bit and emphasize pores, especially if you try to build for better coverage. Doesn't create the "flawless," poreless/lineless look the ads sell it on. It is a bit drying, even on my slightly oily skin. It can look a bit powdery and odd if you get too much on, especially around the eyes. I'll probably use until I find something I like better. I found mine for a great price (new, sealed) on ebay - have heard bad things about ordering from the infomercial.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2004 3:18:00 PM More reviews by sweetpea63

I have tried the BE foundation time and time again trying to get it to work for me. Unfortunately it never has. I found that it made my face look chalky, powdery and dry. It accentuated every pore and wrinkle on my face. It makes me look like I am 100 years old. (no kidding) It also has something in it that makes my face itch which is'nt a good thing. I watched the infomercial last night and of course these people looked fabulous and flawless after using the foundation. Don't believe everything that you see becuase I think that the only way this foundation would work for anyone would be if they have a flawless, fabulous complexion to begin with. The models they use on their QVC presentations have perfect complexions so of course they would look good with anything on their face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2004 1:22:00 PM More reviews by MegFleur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I've never had any problems with it caking or looking shiny. I think that, like most products, its either right or wrong for your particular skin type. I can see how if you had very oily skin, your face would cake up if it wasn't absolutely fresh when you put it on, or if you used too much, the powder could settle into lines. I think the trick is to use a little bit at a time and see how it goes. (one of the foundations lasts me about six months with daily use) I tend to think that if you have a ton of caking or settling, you might be using too much.

I have very dry skin, so I apply my moisturizer let it soak in, and then do the rest of my makeup. Lasts all day. Very nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2004 11:04:00 PM More reviews by STsalim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: Recently I've needed a little more coverage and although these foundations are supposed to have buildable coverage I feel that I have to apply so much more than necessary to cover dark marks and acne. In addition as I build up coverage, the foundation starts to make my face look dirty and darker than it really is. I feel that if you have combination or dry skin this foundation emphasizes flakes and dry patches. I love how light it is but I wish the coverage was better and it was not as drying. In addition, I used to like the old packaging much better. I realize that the new closeable lid has its advantages as far as spillage goes but I used to be able to remove the filter and get out every little bit of product. I can't remove the new lids and I don't appreciate having to waste foundation.

Wow! I have been in the dark for too long! I went to California on a trip to visit family and I went to the mall and tried this stuff! It is AMAZING! Contrary to what other people wrote about Bare Escentuals, I think its the best thing that ever happened to me! I have oily, acne prone skin, and it covers so naturally. All my friends have given me compliments on the "glow" I have! It's so much easier to put on than liquid foundation, and feels great. But don't buy it at a BE boutique. I wanted to buy it at the store because I wanted to try it on, but I paid $50 for the flawless application brush and 1 jar of foundation! On tv, for $60 I could get foundation, a flawless application brush, a kabuki brush, warmth, mineral veil, a compact and half moon brush, and a concealor brush! But I know better know! At least give BE a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2004 2:12:00 AM More reviews by brwneyedgurl429

I have always looked for a foundation that makes me look like I have perfect skin. I went to the store in NYC and decided to give it a try. I looked like a ghost! The foundation looked caked on even though they say it give a light natural coverage. I looked like I was wearing a mask.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2004 3:34:00 PM More reviews by germanxtc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My skin is oily and acne prone. I, like most, bought this for the more natural look. Well, if you have acne you will not look natural. Let me be fair... I have a lot of friends who use this and love it. They wouldn't use anything else. BUT... I've been reading a ton of online reviews and for people like me with acne we all seem to have the same problem. It looks bad. I mean really bad. It cakes around acne. It does not look natural. And the worse part is it really really settles into lines and wrinkles. Trust me people, it emphasizes them like crazy. At first I thought it was me. I mean, I put it on & after an hour looked like I had aged five years. I'm 28. I have no desire to have every fine line emphasized even greater. Then I realized it wasn't me. I started looking at my friends who wear it. They have some serious settling into their lines. One of my girlfriends looks like she already has crows feet. She's really noticed it lately. I finally told her it was the makeup settling. Sorry, but I know it's the makeup. I've read way too many reviews of this happening & my own experience has proven it true for me. Now again, I'm going to say I have friends who this looks fantastic on. It didn't work for me though. FYI: I used it for a whole year before finally giving it up. I thought I'd be fair & make sure I was applying correctly, etc. Sorry but it simply never ever looked good on me. You really need a good skin pallette already in place for this to look good. I do like some of the BE line. I love their shawdows and blushes. But the foundation has to go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2004 7:45:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just adore Bare Minerals foundation !!! I'm newly diagnosed with Roseaca & my dermatologist told me that this was one of the best lines on the market. The coverage is outstanding & lasts all day. It looks very natural as long as you don't over-do it =)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2004 11:21:00 PM More reviews by kookykabooky

This product for me, beats liquid foundations hands down. I feel like I am not wearing any makeup at all! I do the tap, swirl and buff once. If I see that the coverage is not enough, I do it again. Sometimes if I have tapped out too much product, it can make my pores look more noticeable, but then I just make a note to use a bit less the next time. It is all about playing with it until you can figure out what's best for you that day. I also use it as a concealer. With a smaller brush, after I have applied it as my foundation, I buff on some extra product underneath my eyes and around my nose. Covers great! I have really dark circles, and this covers almost as well as any of the concealers I have tried. I just need to make sure thatI have moisturized beforehand and it's all good.
As for the mess, I was used to using loose powders to set makeup, or in place of foundation, and I am really careful not to tap out too much product. If you do that, then you have a potential mess on your hands (and the floor, etc.) Just go slow with the application! A few extra seconds with the tap and swirl will save product and cleanup.
The real test for me is photos. I just recently saw some pictures of myself with the mineral foundation on and I was pretty impressed. I always looked like I had a mask on with liquid foundation. With BE, that doesn't happen! EDIT: I am sensitive to the bismuth oxychloride(?) I feel itchy when wearing this.Took off two lippies for that. Will not repurchase. Waiting for my sample of Everyday Mineral sto arrive, will post on that one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2004 5:37:00 PM More reviews by cabogrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, the natural sp15 is great, teamed with a moisturizer with suncreen you got it made. This stuff makes my complexion look really dewey. I use the #5-dark and i love this. I didn't use any foundation till this because I hated the masky feel.It is messy, a pain ect., but well worth the problems for a great product.