Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 8/7/2007 4:05:00 AM

great cleanser! i've been using this for years. have tried all sort of expensive face cleansers, including Clarins, Kiehl's and Murad, but always come back to this one. i don't wear foundation, so i don't need anything 'heavy duty'. use it AM + PM with a wash cloth. follow up with a toner and skin feels clean.

on 8/5/2007 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of the few things I can use on my dry sensitive skin in the winter. It is not very good at removing makeup, but it is perfect for a morning cleanser.

on 8/4/2007 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

cetaphil is wonderful for dry, sensitive, allergic skin or skin with rosacea or for women who don't wear much makeup... but I have oily skin and I wear foundation when I go out (I wear a mineral foundation or a sheer liquid.) For oily skin with foundation, this product won't clean effectively.... you would need something else to get the makeup off first, and then follow up with this. But if I had dry, sensitive skin and didn't wear much base makeup: I could see how this is an ideal product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Useless for taking makeup off, but perfect for the morning shower, to take the night's grime off.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not nice at all.
Left my face feeling filmy.

on 8/3/2007 7:28:00 PM

This is the only cleanser I use after I went to a dermatogist for an allergic reaction on my face. He recommended it to wash my face without drying it out (I have combo-dry sensitive skin) and I don't think I'll ever use anything else. Perfect, cheap, non-drying.

on 8/3/2007 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is truly a great cleanser. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I use it to cleanse my face in the morning (my skin is far less oily in the morning, and I'm not removing makeup); as a morning cleanser, it leaves my skin feeling refreshed but not dry. I would NOT recommend that people who have skin like mine and/or wear face makeup (i.e., concealer, foundation, and/or blush) attempt to use this cleanser at night, as it does not do a good job of removing excess surface oils and makeup.

on 8/1/2007 6:51:00 PM

I LOVE this cleanser! I have had problem skin for as long as I can remember. I tried so many different cleansers, but nothing compares to Cetaphil. My skin feels soft, not stripped after cleansing. The only thing that concerns me about this product is the amounts of parabens, which some people are sensitive to, and I have heard are linked to breast cancer. But don't panic...parabens are unfortunately in nearly every product you use (read the ingredients; methylparaben, butylparaben, etc.), and are very difficult to avoid.

Brilliant gentle cleanser that has a permanant home in my pro kit.
Perfect for removing light makeup and refreshing / cleansing a models face. Perfect for quickly removing cosmetic products and soothing the skin in the event of an allergic reaction.

Its so gentle that my cousin has started using it on her 6month old sons eczma - and the kids skin is showing vast improvements.

I love the entire Cetaphil line and keep the cleaner, moisture cream and lotions in my kit at all times.

I have been using this honestly since I was born, When I was little I thought if I used it every day I would never get acne when I was older! lol boy was I wrong but it was the perfect gentle cleanser when I had such young skin. Today I use it every night, or morning in the shower, not to clean my face, that would be ridiculous its way too gentle, but to remove my gunky old eye makeup! I dont know how more people dont do this. Unless you use waterproof mascara this is all you will ever need to take it all off, without the constant tugging of your eye with the classic pad and remover! Not to mention Ive now discovered at Wal Mart a no name version for like 6 bucks canadian, lasts me months!!! I will be a lifelong cetaphil user and Im sure that the gentle washing of the delicate eye area will give me less wrinkles later on.

Video Reviews & Tutorials