Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 7/14/2007 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff, its great! My derm put me on it, its just so gentle and feels like water almost. I now buy the generic because I go through alot of it (twice a day, and I tend to put alot on...I love the feeling of it) and also because I find it to be pretty expensive, although the bottle/pump combo is pretty big and would probably last normal people a few months. I also use the moisturizer with it, and together they are great!

on 7/13/2007 1:42:00 PM

This is the best GENTLE cleanser... I feel like I'm not damaging my skin at all when I use this. I only use it in the morning though. I use a slightly stronger wash at night to get off all the day's dirt and makeup.

on 7/13/2007 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My mom had been recommending this to me for years and I didn't pay attention because it seemed so boring and medicinal. When she was visiting, I finally decided to give it a shot since nothing else was helping my acne. So far, I have found this to be very gentle, as advertised, and I think my skin is clearing up as a result. My mom and I also suffer from rosacea and both of our dermatologists recommended it for that, I think because it is non-irritating.

The consistency is a little goopy and I find it hard to spread on my face. At first, I thought the film it left was weird, but when my skin was soft and started clearing up, I changed my mind. My skin is oily but I think it was also dry, if this makes sense, so this seems to strike a great balance.

Only problem is that I tend to go through it pretty quickly. I probably use too much. Target has the cheapest prices, I think.

on 7/13/2007 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i used this product a couple times and put it away. it doesn't seem to clean my face that well. i have naturally oily skin so maybe that's why it doesn't work on me. it's been too long since i've last used it so i might just go try it again.

I use a generic version of this product. I do not think Cetaphil is all that "cheap", a bottle of this product costs 12-14 dollars (and sales tax) where I live unless you can catch a sale. The generic version of Cetaphil is 3-4 dollars less expensive.

I 've used this cleanser and only this cleanser for my face for years.

My skin type is BONE DRY , this cleanser cleans my face and leaves the much needed natural oils on my skin.

I do agree with a previous review that this product does not remove makeup well. Vaseline, cold cream or make-up remover can do that before you use Cetaphil to clean your face and neck.

There is a version of this product on the market made specifically for you lucky boys and girls who have naturally oily skin.

on 7/10/2007 5:40:00 PM

I have been using this product for one year and finally gave up. It is a great cleanser to use in the morning because it is gentle and does not leave your skin dry, but it does not remove makeup what so ever.

on 7/10/2007 4:04:00 PM

NORMAL - OILY SKIN version

I love this stuff! I have pretty even skin with ocassional oiliness in the T-zone and the random blemish. This is the first stuff I've found that leaves my skin feeling clean and softly moisturized all day. I like the pump container it comes in, very convenient. I have a large sized bottle in my shower and the smaller sized pump near my bathroom sink. I use it twice a day, and a little goes a long way so it seems like the bottles last forever. I've used this for a few years now and will continue.

on 7/9/2007 7:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Yes, it does clean your face, but I can't get past the perfumy smell it has. I used it to wash my hands one day and kept wondering why I was smelling bug spray until I realized it was the Cetaphil on my hands.

on 7/8/2007 8:34:00 PM

How good this product is for you depends on what you need it for.

I always use this for my eyes. If I have to wash my face (to reapply make up before going out or something) I use this cleanser.

It is gentle and lovely.

If you have dry or extremely sensitive or even perfect skin. . . this is perfect for your everyday cleanser. If you are acne prone like me, this is perfect for your eyes and for times when you have "specia;" needs.

on 7/7/2007 6:19:00 PM

My skin is thin and sensitive, this one does not cause irritation and leaves soft feel. The only pro is it does not clean make up very well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials