Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Well, this made my skin sting. It's supposed to be gentle and whatnot but it's wasn't for me. Won't buy again.

A kind, gentle cleanser for sensitive skin, I'm sure. Unfortunately it did nothing for my combination skin, did not even feel clean. At least now I know.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really was not impressed with this at all. I read a lot of amazing reviews about it, and heard it was a really great product, but it just wasn't for me I guess. The only thing I liked was how well it removed my eye make up. I have combo skin, and this dried my skin out really bad. Especially, around my mouth, and nose area. I'm not doubting that it works wonders for some, but it just didnt do it for me. Wouldn't buy this again.

I dislike all of Cetaphil's cleansers. I did'nt feel like it had 'cleansed' my skin and it seemed to dry it out even further.
Two points for it not causing any irritation, though.

I found this way to drying for my taste and I have normal to dry skin. Perhaps it is geared for oily skin.

The best cleanser ever! My derm recommended this years ago and I have used it ever since. I have tried soo many cleansers and I always come back to this. Its also great for taking off makeup, even eye makeup! Great face wash for a great price

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use this when my skin is dry or irritated or simply not very dirty. It is extremely mild and gentle. And I like especially because it rinses off easily, making face-washing quick and easy. However it will not clean off heavy accumulations of oil or make-up.

I usually buy the store brand Cetaphil knock-offs, however, not the real stuff -- they are significantly less expensive and seem to be exactly the same.

More often, I use Cetaphil's newer skin cleanser for normal to oily skin. It is excellent: Non-sudsing, very easy to rinse, and cleans well without stripping. It also comes in a handy pump bottle. I'd rate that one a 5 star product.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using Cetaphil for a year. It does the job. It's gentle. It's cheap. I had severe acne, but my derm put me on Cetaphil, Duac, Tazorac and Minocycline.

Do not use harsh cleansers. The purpose of cleansers is to just remove dirt and/or make-up. They only stay on your face for about 2 minutes after all!

Great basic skin care!

Oh and to remove my water-proof make-up, I just MAC's Cleanse-Off oil which balances the perhaps drying-properities of Cetaphil ;D

I've been using this for over 4 years now. It's a good base cleanser. I've cheated on it serveral times out of boredom and bc I wanted something that will take makeup off in one shot (Shiseido, Neutrogena, Purpose, Almond oil, Jojoba oil, etc), but this is the best. For a thorough clean I gently swirl it on a *dry* face, then wipe it off with a cotton pad soaked with toner (Aubrey Organics Vegecol toner, my HG wipe off toner). Then wash again on a wet face. Since my skin was going insane 5 years ago, I've committed to using gentle products with a short ingredients list, and it's been paying off. I have pretty good skin and I never need foundation/concealer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

very gentle.
helped me begin to restore my sensitive skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials