September 18, 2014 | 1276 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by missgail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Felt good at first and did not dry my skin. But, like most cleansers I use, clogged my pores. I'm 49 and think that this might just be my own skin peculiarity.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by luellagisele

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

okay this is definitely meant for people with drier skin- especially during winter.. but definitely no no for oily skin like me and people living in hot humid climate. it doesn't cleans well for oily blemished skin but i love it for its gentleness. but too bad not for me.. so definitely this is for sensitive skin as well :) however, i love to use this with the my aspirin mask/scrub. ill crush the aspirin and mix it wit a few pumps of this and a super gentle scrub for my skin :))

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 7:25:00 AM More reviews by jomes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As I've gotten older, my skin has become drier and more sensitive. Cetaphil works great for that type of skin. I first tried it in my teens and ended up throwing it away. It's basically useless on oily skin. Most of the time I use it with my Clarisonic--very good combo. Bottom line--it is very mild but does the job, rinses well, and is overall a great choice for sensitive skin that is on the drier side.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by kannijay

I have a very very very very sensitive skin that normal cleaning product would do nothing else but irritates the heck out of my skin. I have tried so many products out there but always ended up 'burning' my own face. One day I came across a website about organic products and read positive feedbacks about jojoba oil as a make-up remover. Being as desperate and hopeless in find the right products as I was, I bought a bottle of organics jojoba oil by Dessert Essence. That as the make up remover, Cetaphil as the facial wash, See The Dawn facial cream as the moisterizer and Nature's Gate SPF 15 for face as the facial sunscreen( I live in the hot hot hot burning TX so sunscreen is definitely a must!), my face hasn't been breaking out for a year now. (I just started using this combination a year ago) Thank God for showing me the light! LOL

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this one for a year now. It is one of my favorite morning cleansers for its being light, gentel and really able to take away the oil and dirt. It is essential in the skincare regimen to have a light cleanser like this one. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Velma58

I like to use a creamy cleanser because it does not strip my skin, however most of them clog my pores. Cetaphil doesn't clog my pores and doesn't contribute to my acne problem. I use this to remove my makeup and it melts down mascara very nicely. I can see how this cleanser is not for everybody, but for dry/sensitive and acne skin, it's a dream. And it's cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Khara04

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Cetaphil. I usually keep it around for when my skin is getting sensitive to other cleansers/products. It does not irritate or dry out my skin and it does remove makeup pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by aislingbambi

Love this cleanser - really gentle for sensitive skin. Enough to remove light makeup and cleanse but for heavier makeup you would need the help of another product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by evilmonkee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry sensitive skin, and my friend who is a dermatologist recommended this. I was completely and utterly disappointed- it felt slimy and sticky, it didn't wash off after 15 minutes of rinsing, and it made me break out ( I and I usually never break out).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by treyscrap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This did not work for me at all. I've used non-foaming cleansers before but this one felt really weird. Kinda slimy I guess. I had to use a ton to get all of my makeup off (typical pwd makeup) and was glad that i got the Walmart brand for $4.00 less. It left an occlusive film all over my face and broke me out in little flesh colored bumps two days later. I've learned that with my skin, this is an allergic reaction similar to hives. I have yet to figure out what ingredient did it. I can see this working for dry, non-reactive skin but for my oily and sensitive skin, this was awful.