Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 8/15/2007 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this is the only cleanser i will use. i've been using it for 6 years? it's perfect. sometimes it might not get all my mascara off, but i just re-wash a few more times and i'm good. it's non-irritating and gentle as well as scent free. i love.

on 8/14/2007 1:27:00 PM

I started using this after a long vacation from it. When I was a teen my mother purchased my first bottle. Once it was finished I moved on to try many different types of cleansers.

Fast forward to last winter when I noticed my skin becoming dry. I decided to give this another try. I am sure glad I did! It cleans my face but it does not strip it. I would not suggest using this to remove anything like eye makeup however.

It is gentle yet very effective for everyday use. I now keep a bottle in my shower and use it not only on my face, but to shave my legs with too.

Update: I notice this is terrible at removing makeup. If you use this on non-makeup days it is terrific. Or, you can use this as a morning cleanser, but if you want to cleanse makeup off your face you will need something a little less mild.

on 8/12/2007 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Cetaphil makes my skin glow because it does not strip away essential oils. It can be used as to exfoliate, to shave, and is very effective as removing makeup. I think it's better for drier skin than oily skin though.

Edit: After 5 years still using it, which is rare for me. Keeps breakouts at bay. Use as spot treatment. Makeup remover. I kneel and revere whoever concocted this, not exaggerating. However, I always follow Cetaphil with another foaming cleanser at night to rid of dirt, debris, tougher makeup during the day, but Cetaphil alone in the mornings is sufficient.

Edit 2: This past summer, I went to Target and bought the one for normal to oily skin, instead of the usual normal to dry skin and it actually caused minor bumps on my skin. Instead of the milky white runny texture, it was more gel-like and clear and had an INTENSE soapy smell to it that I hated. Now I'm back to using my good old normal-to oily skin Cetaphil and happy

I don't have particularly dry or oily or sensitive skin, but when I'd take a shower my legs would burn and my arms would itch. (probably because I take long, hot showers) But when I use this as a body wash, this doesn't happen. My skin is comfortable and happy. I also find this good to wash those, ahem, especially sensitive areas. You know... on a lady.

on 8/11/2007 8:18:00 PM

Can you say BORING? I know, I know, it's not supposed to be exciting, merely an effective means of cleaning the skin. I found it to be very average in that respect too. Defintintely not on my A-list.

on 8/10/2007 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin, but I did not find this product gentle at all. It irritated my skin and dried it out even more.

on 8/10/2007 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

ok product...doesn't perform wonders, but doesn't worsen things either. My skin is pretty dry, so i prefer soemthing a little more hydrating.

on 8/9/2007 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used this cleanser for a few years now, and I have to say (maybe with the exception of aveeno, which is way more expensive), it's the best I've found for my acne-d but often-dry face. I have tried everything: Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, Basis, Apricot Scrub, etc., but this is the only one that works without drying my skin out. A lot of the others left me with the same old pimples, and made them worse by drying and irritating. I have to use a moisturizer after washing w/ Cetaphil in the winter, but other than that it is great. The value is a plus too--a bottle lasts me 6 months or more, and the little pump thing is handy (though if it breaks, it's a pain).

on 8/8/2007 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I find this cleanser to be just okay. It does work pretty well for me, so I know that I can turn to it in a pinch. It never irritates my skin and never dries me out. I don't find that it leaves my skin feeling particularily clean and refreshed, though, so that is my main complaint about this product. The texture is a bit different, it doesn't foam, lather, bubble-up, or anything for that matter. It's just kind of a flat, boring, clear-ish liquid that doesn't do anything special, but I'm okay with that. It doesn't really do anything good for my skin, but nothing bad either, so I don't mind using it if I have to.

on 8/7/2007 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For daily use, I'm a fan of this cleanser. I know it won't break me out, make my skin dry, make my face itch, or make me feel slimy. A large bottle lasts me about 4 months with morning and evening use.

One thing I won't do with my oily skin - use it without rinsing. I felt incredibly greasy and had to rinse off after 10 minutes.

I also find that if I am wearing makeup, I have to wash a few times before I'm certain everything's off (and even then, I'll use eye makeup remover and a toner). Since I only wear makeup for special occasions, or when I get on a self-improvement kick, this isn't much of an issue.