October 24, 2014 | 864 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by whoaitschell

This is an okay gentle cleanser for sensitive skin. It feels nice but I can`t help but think it isn`t actually removing anything from my face. It was also somewhat drying. Overall, it doesn`t harm but it doesn`t help, I am still unsure about the sodium lauryl sulfate in it - I don`t think my face likes it. I prefer the CeraVe gentle cleanser to this one!

If you love fashion just as much as you love beauty, visit my blog: Bird of a Feather. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by jano808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Cetaphil gentle cleanser!!! I have dry, sensitive, and acne prone skin. Cetaphil has worked wonders. My facial breakouts are about 90% what they used to be. I use this every day and it doesn't dry my skin out. And true to it's name, it's very gentle. If you have dry or sensitive skin, I definitely recommend giving it a try. It's so cheap, it's worth a shot. It's really worked wonders for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2007 10:00:00 AM More reviews by PrincessJu

I've just started to use Cetaphil and I am loving the results. My skin feels really soft and cleanafter I use it, it is so refreshing. It also reduced the oil on my T-zone, now it is basically oil-free! Yey! Highly recomended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin, and it is sensitive from using Retin-A. I keep coming back to Cetaphil because everything else dries me out. If you wash your face thoroughly with a washcloth and this stuff it gets all your makeup off. It's a little heavy for humid weather though, so I'd switch to the normal to oily skin kind in summer if you live in a humid area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

Never irritates my skin but makes me feel like I gave it a nice gentle cleansing. I use it in the morning b/c it's the next most gentle thing to tap water. No, it won't take off all your makeup, so don't expect it to. Actually I use Cetaphil bar soap to do that, which it does so very well -- I think it's strange that the bar soap would remove makeup but the liquid version won't, but it's not a big deal.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by lit75248

I have a large bottle of the Target brand of this cleanser. I use it whenever my face is irritated, whether it be from the wind or too much sun, etc. Like many others have pointed out it's not always effective for taking off all makeup. Lately I have been using it as a shave gel at the sink when I'm in a real hurry to shave from the knees down. It's perfect for that!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by jill627

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every morning. True, this is not a cleanser that will remove all of your makeup, so I use a different cleanser for that. I will say, however, that this cleanser is perfect in the shower for sensitive facial skin that needs a little wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by a_stylist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my first "dermatologist" recommended products. Good, does what it says, but doesn't always remove all of my makeup, so I need to swipe over it with some toner after I use it to get any left over residue.
But as a pp mentioned, it is a good cleanser to use in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2007 2:37:00 AM More reviews by susieq101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is very gentle on the skin. It's almost too gentle that eye makeup doesn't come off. It's a great cleanser to use in the morning when you don't have any makeup on, but it's probably best to use another cleanser instead for when you have makeup on. For effectiveness and mildness, I would recommend Cetaphil's Bar Soap because it lathers quickly with a little going a long way to get your face nice and clean and feeling soft. My boyfriend loves this cleanser for himself, which is why I've used it quite often, but like I said, it's not as great when you're trying to take makeup off.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by makawao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the most over hyped product out there.I assume most on here that have used/tried this product based on information in magazines,beauty books,etc.Somebodys gettin paid because this stuff is HORRIBLE!!! It is the oddest thing that it leaves me both dry and greasy at the same time? I have over the years noticed that just because a doctor recommends it that it works is total BS.I have done quite well on my own without their drug pushing asses.My skin is in amazing shape based on my own research and trial and error.Stay away from this if you love your skin.In one word this product is SHIT!!!