Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 8/3/2007 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is truly a great cleanser. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I use it to cleanse my face in the morning (my skin is far less oily in the morning, and I'm not removing makeup); as a morning cleanser, it leaves my skin feeling refreshed but not dry. I would NOT recommend that people who have skin like mine and/or wear face makeup (i.e., concealer, foundation, and/or blush) attempt to use this cleanser at night, as it does not do a good job of removing excess surface oils and makeup.

on 8/1/2007 6:51:00 PM

I LOVE this cleanser! I have had problem skin for as long as I can remember. I tried so many different cleansers, but nothing compares to Cetaphil. My skin feels soft, not stripped after cleansing. The only thing that concerns me about this product is the amounts of parabens, which some people are sensitive to, and I have heard are linked to breast cancer. But don't panic...parabens are unfortunately in nearly every product you use (read the ingredients; methylparaben, butylparaben, etc.), and are very difficult to avoid.

Brilliant gentle cleanser that has a permanant home in my pro kit.
Perfect for removing light makeup and refreshing / cleansing a models face. Perfect for quickly removing cosmetic products and soothing the skin in the event of an allergic reaction.

Its so gentle that my cousin has started using it on her 6month old sons eczma - and the kids skin is showing vast improvements.

I love the entire Cetaphil line and keep the cleaner, moisture cream and lotions in my kit at all times.

I have been using this honestly since I was born, When I was little I thought if I used it every day I would never get acne when I was older! lol boy was I wrong but it was the perfect gentle cleanser when I had such young skin. Today I use it every night, or morning in the shower, not to clean my face, that would be ridiculous its way too gentle, but to remove my gunky old eye makeup! I dont know how more people dont do this. Unless you use waterproof mascara this is all you will ever need to take it all off, without the constant tugging of your eye with the classic pad and remover! Not to mention Ive now discovered at Wal Mart a no name version for like 6 bucks canadian, lasts me months!!! I will be a lifelong cetaphil user and Im sure that the gentle washing of the delicate eye area will give me less wrinkles later on.

on 7/31/2007 10:12:00 PM

I tried this because it's supposed to be gentle and I heard a lot of good things about it, but it just didn't work out. It left a film on my face, and made me break out. I think it would be better for someone without acne-prone skin. My mom has used it with good luck and she has rosacea.

on 7/31/2007 6:47:00 PM

After searching aimlessly for a perfect cleanser, I was disappointed in the over-the-counter cleansers that claimed to clear up my skin or be gentle. Usually, it didn't work or it dried out my skin too much. I started to realize that more chemicals and "functions" does not necesarily mean clearer skin. So I decided to try Cetaphil because I heard it was very gentle, and perhaps the gentle approach was better for my skin. And indeed it was. This is the best cleanser I have ever used. Don't expect huge results in a day or two. This cleanser is very gentle -- I never experienced any rashes or extra breakouts. It works slowly, clearing up your skin and just making it clean. Clean skin is good skin. It takes the gunk off your face, the gunk that can clog up your pores. I must say, I still do break out, but much less compared to before. This cleanser had no scents, and it didn't foam much. (Cleansers with alot of foam have alot of chemicals in it that make it foam. More or less foam has nothing to do with its ability to clean. Less foam may mean less excessive chemicals.) If I use the right amount, it also takes off my makeup. Don't rely on this for eyemakeup however, because you will always find some left on your eye. Use an additional eye makeup remover. After washing, my skin feels very clean, not dry, and it doesn't irritate it. By far, one of the best cleansers ever for a reasonable price.

on 7/30/2007 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Blech!

I accidentally bought this instead of the Daily Facial Cleanser. I'll pay more attention next time.
This felt like it left a film on my skin - like oil. Yuck.

This is a very gentle product, but I like more cleaning power. I don't feel like my face is really clean after using it.

on 7/27/2007 5:29:00 AM

Just started using it about 3 days ago. I have normal/occasionally dry skin, and wear foundation every day, at least when Im going out.
I find this just feels good to use! It scentless, and a strange jelly texture... it almost feels like a second skin. I admit that it's not too good at removing foundation, however if you apply it to DRY skin and then rub well, remove it with cottonwool, it seems to take off a lot more, and then simply repeat on wet skin, and this seems to solve the problem.
There is NONE of that tightness that comes from most cleansers, in fact, you feel as if youve just applied moisturiser. I really really like it.
Oh! and on a side note, there's none of the redness that comes from cleansing with harsher cleansers... it doesnt irritate at all!
Lovely stuff : ) Especially in combination with the cetaphil moisturiser.

on 7/27/2007 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

why i love this product:

1) fragrant-free and color-free so it's good for my sensitive skin.
2) my face doesn't feel tight and dry after washing my face with it, and yet it removes oil on my face. So i know that it's great for my skin in the long term.
3) contains few chemicals, very basic cleanser good for everyday use
4) i don't wear makeup on a daily basis unless it's special occasion, so i don't need extra strong cleanser that removes makeup. For me, it's a very good everday cleanser for morning and night.

Just some info about my skin: it's acne-prone, oily and sensitive skin type.
While this cleanser doesn't really help with my acne, it doesn't make it worse either, but it helps my skin health for sure. My acne isn't due to the type of cleansers i use and i know i can't cure my acne with a cleanser b/c it's hormonal, so i use this product and it's going to be a staple item forever and ever since it's a very basic product that does nothing but cleans my surface oil on my face.

Video Reviews & Tutorials