Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 8/22/2007 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Cetaphil is a good staple product to keep on hand. Whenever I feel like I've used too many products, or overdone things on my face, I use Cetaphil cleanser in a warm shower, and while it doesn't really FEEL like it's doing too much, I know that this is probably a good thing. I find that if I've got some blemishes, I don't go easy enough on my skin which I need to remember to do, otherwise it just gets worse. Cetaphil is simple, gentle, doesn't strip the skin of good oils, and is a good thing to have in a skin first aid kit. This is best used for my skin when it's drier, so in the winter months.

on 8/21/2007 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

although i'm a big supporter of the Cetaphil moisturizers, i never got what everyone was raving about with this cleanser. i remember when i was in high school everyone would talk about this and all the magazines would recommend it as the best (very much the same way that they now do w/the dreaded Maybelline Great Lash) option out there. to me, it never removed my makeup and i never really felt like my skin was clean after washing with it. it doesn't lather, and i thought that maybe i didn't like it cause i wasn't used to a non-lathering cleanser, but i now know that's not the case because i kind of like Purity Made Simple. maybe it's gentle and it doesn't dry your face out, but if it doesn't clean it or remove your makeup either, what's the point?

on 8/20/2007 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this because it is so cheap but unfortunately, this does not remove my makeup - specifically eye makeup and especially foundation.

At the recommendation of my derm., I moved on to the Purpose cleanser and feel it does a better job and is just as gentle. Not to mention I like a little lather.

PS - I have read a bunch of VERY UNHAPPY reviewers defending this product saying it doesn't remove dirt or make-up and people should read the directions, go to the website, etc. When I read the word "CLEANSER" on a botttle -I expect it to CLEANSE. What I expect it to CLEANSE is dirt/oil and/or make-up.

I read from another reviewer that it isn't meant to be used to remove dirt or make-up - then what does it remove?!! Why are you using it ????

on 8/20/2007 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This didn't really remove all makeup and it left a film on my face. I didn't like this and stuck the bottle under the sink for when I'm desperate and out of everything else!

on 8/19/2007 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Acccccck! The burning, the burning! It hurts, and it hurts bad. I wish I loved it, I wish it worked for me, but this stuff flat out hurts.

on 8/19/2007 10:38:00 PM

I started using this product after my previous cleanser began burning my skin when I began using Differin. It can be used with or without water and is inexpensive. This is definitely a no frills cleanser but it does it's job and doesn't irritate my skin so I'll continue using it.

on 8/19/2007 2:26:00 PM

Blech! I wish I loved this stuff as much as other people seem to, but alas..... it doesn't clean all that well plus I think it may be to blame for causing breakouts :( (probably because it doesn't clean very well!). I imagine if you had somewhat dry/normal skin that isn't very breakout prone, then you'd probably love it, but not me :(

on 8/19/2007 2:31:00 AM

for about the first month i used cetaphil (waterless method) my skin did feel a lot softer and i noticed a few less breakouts, but i didn't have a life changing skin miracle. it got all my makeup off very easily, but i felt like i needed more cleansing afterwards. you get a HUGE bottle for the price, but for me it just wasn't cutting it. (i have combo-oily acne prone skin.) also, my husband, who has sensitive acne prone skin, used it a few times and it stung his face and he hated it.

on 8/16/2007 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I keep this stocked up under my skin, and switch on and off it a lot. When I do use it however, it is religiously so. This makes my skin so soft and cleans my skin without drying it, or leaving any irritated, tight feeling. This is a great product if you have dry or sensitive skin and you don't use thick, heavy foundation. I have no problem whatsoever with it removing makeup, and I wear foundation, concealer, and water-proof eye make-up every day. Sometimes if I need a bit of exfoliation, I'll mix in a bit of baking soda, which is great at clearing off dead skin without making my skin turn bright red! I've been using this for years, and will keep on doing so!

on 8/15/2007 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this is the only cleanser i will use. i've been using it for 6 years? it's perfect. sometimes it might not get all my mascara off, but i just re-wash a few more times and i'm good. it's non-irritating and gentle as well as scent free. i love.