April 23, 2014 | 908 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by madeupmindy6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gentle unscented cleanser. It is not that great for cleaning though. I often have to "rinse and repeat" in order to get all my makeup off. I like that the ingredients are simple, but it just didn't do enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 7:18:00 AM More reviews by greatgrains

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The only cleanser that does not irritate my sensitive eczema-prone skin. Does not remove waterproof eye makeup but I use a makeup remover for that anyway. My skin feels really soft and refreshed after I use it. Definitely recommended for those with sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2007 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Meg311

This is a perfectly fine cleanser. It did not irritate my sensitive skin. I just did not like the smell. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by rosinalove11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have normal skin with the occasional hormonal breakout. I bought this because it was unscented and gentle. ACK! I have never had acne in my whole life. I am very proud of my skin. I have been using this product for 1.5 months, and realized this is what was doing it. Not the product itself, but the result of this product.

I wear shiseido spf 55 and I needed a facial cleanser that wasn't drying. This didn't take anything off, not even makeup. I don't wear anything waterproof, this was just horrible. I tried to use it to clean my makeup brushes, and it wouldn't even get powder blush off. Plus, you have to use so much of it. It was about $13 CAD, which I thought was a little high for a drugstore product.

If you are getting breakouts out of nowhere, stop using this and see if it goes away. I know it was this because I kept my diet the same and started to eliminate items from my skincare. As soon as I took this away, I started to clear up.

Ingredients:
purified water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 11:38:00 AM More reviews by blueskies27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an excellent gentle face cleanser! It can either be washed off or wiped off. I think alot of women use face cleansers that are too harsh, when you wipe the Cetaphil off it does leave a little residue. This will soak into your skin after about 10 minutes and leave your face very soft!! My skin has been so soft since using this product and I've experienced less breakouts. I also use this as a gentle skin cleanser for my daughter since she was born. Great product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by AmyRuby

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I felt like I was putting greasy slime on my face when I tried this out. I didn't feel that I had cleansed my face after rinsing, either. I do love the Cetaphil bars, though. This is just didn't stand up to it's reputation, IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by dbriones

This cleanser removes all traces of dirt and leaves my skin squeeky clean after I rinse it off, which I really like. I do, however, find myself breaking out more than usual, so I have switched from twice-a-day to just in the morning as some other reviewers recommend. The best part is that it is really cheap, so I'm hoping my skin would get used to it, and I wouldn't need to scrap it altogether.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Portae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great cleanser that is gentle on the skin. I use it twice a day. For the first few days, I felt like it was making my skin greasy, but everything balanced out and now my combination skin is moisturized without feeling oily. I also love this as an overall body cleanser when my skin is going through stages of severe dryness.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2007 11:01:00 PM More reviews by sagex89

At first i didnt like this because it felt like grease on my face and it didnt soap, but after a while i noticed my face started clearing up! Good stuff

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 10:53:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

My mom is getting IPL treatments, and I'm currently on Retin-a. Therefore this makes a really good cleanser. People need to keep in mind that it's a gentle cleanser, NOT a miracle cleanser. If you have acne or other skin problems, make sure you're using proper products to go with this cleanser. I think it cleanses skin well, sometimes it just doesn't "feel" clean because we're so used to foaming cleansers. You'll just have to get used to the feeling I guess.