September 2, 2014 | 1420 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by jill627

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every morning. True, this is not a cleanser that will remove all of your makeup, so I use a different cleanser for that. I will say, however, that this cleanser is perfect in the shower for sensitive facial skin that needs a little wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by a_stylist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my first "dermatologist" recommended products. Good, does what it says, but doesn't always remove all of my makeup, so I need to swipe over it with some toner after I use it to get any left over residue.
But as a pp mentioned, it is a good cleanser to use in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2007 2:37:00 AM More reviews by susieq101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is very gentle on the skin. It's almost too gentle that eye makeup doesn't come off. It's a great cleanser to use in the morning when you don't have any makeup on, but it's probably best to use another cleanser instead for when you have makeup on. For effectiveness and mildness, I would recommend Cetaphil's Bar Soap because it lathers quickly with a little going a long way to get your face nice and clean and feeling soft. My boyfriend loves this cleanser for himself, which is why I've used it quite often, but like I said, it's not as great when you're trying to take makeup off.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by makawao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the most over hyped product out there.I assume most on here that have used/tried this product based on information in magazines,beauty books,etc.Somebodys gettin paid because this stuff is HORRIBLE!!! It is the oddest thing that it leaves me both dry and greasy at the same time? I have over the years noticed that just because a doctor recommends it that it works is total BS.I have done quite well on my own without their drug pushing asses.My skin is in amazing shape based on my own research and trial and error.Stay away from this if you love your skin.In one word this product is SHIT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2007 6:03:00 PM More reviews by bleachblonde20

Cleans my skin pretty well and has left me with fewer breakouts. I wouldn't recommend it if you have a lot of acne because it probably won't be strong enough to get rid of all of it. I might switch products if something better comes along... but for now this is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by terrib

I have been faithful to cetaphil but have also bought the generics (from target and walgreens to rite aid) they all seem almost identical in quality and 1/2 the price of brand name product

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by missgail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Felt good at first and did not dry my skin. But, like most cleansers I use, clogged my pores. I'm 49 and think that this might just be my own skin peculiarity.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by luellagisele

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

okay this is definitely meant for people with drier skin- especially during winter.. but definitely no no for oily skin like me and people living in hot humid climate. it doesn't cleans well for oily blemished skin but i love it for its gentleness. but too bad not for me.. so definitely this is for sensitive skin as well :) however, i love to use this with the my aspirin mask/scrub. ill crush the aspirin and mix it wit a few pumps of this and a super gentle scrub for my skin :))

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 7:25:00 AM More reviews by jomes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As I've gotten older, my skin has become drier and more sensitive. Cetaphil works great for that type of skin. I first tried it in my teens and ended up throwing it away. It's basically useless on oily skin. Most of the time I use it with my Clarisonic--very good combo. Bottom line--it is very mild but does the job, rinses well, and is overall a great choice for sensitive skin that is on the drier side.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by kannijay

I have a very very very very sensitive skin that normal cleaning product would do nothing else but irritates the heck out of my skin. I have tried so many products out there but always ended up 'burning' my own face. One day I came across a website about organic products and read positive feedbacks about jojoba oil as a make-up remover. Being as desperate and hopeless in find the right products as I was, I bought a bottle of organics jojoba oil by Dessert Essence. That as the make up remover, Cetaphil as the facial wash, See The Dawn facial cream as the moisterizer and Nature's Gate SPF 15 for face as the facial sunscreen( I live in the hot hot hot burning TX so sunscreen is definitely a must!), my face hasn't been breaking out for a year now. (I just started using this combination a year ago) Thank God for showing me the light! LOL