October 20, 2014 | 2145 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2007 9:26:00 AM More reviews by sweetums

I decided to try to this product because of the good reviews and because I have very sensitive skin. I have oily, sensitive skin. I will say that the product is good for sensitive skin- I had no irritations or anything. However, Cetaphil made my skin more oily than it already was and I felt like it was not cleansing my face like it should, even after rinsing with warm water. My skin still felt dirty.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2007 4:44:00 AM More reviews by erotic_snail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is fairly normal, no breakouts, the occasional dry patch when I mistreat it but otherwise it's good. I don't have a problem with cleansers irritating my skin, so all I seek in a cleanser is one that will remove grime and make up.
Anything on top of that is a bonus.
This doesn't fit my criteria. I use toner afterwards and always find a HEAP of make up. It's disgusting actually!
Even if I use my beloved TBS wash cloth this removes nothing.
I'm glad this is a godsend for the girls with sensitive skin, but if you seek the same criteria I do then this isn't the best choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by mayanollie

Love this! My skin is acne-prone but also drys out easily, and this is gentle enough for both. I now use it every morning and it doesn't dry out my skin. Since I started using it again, my skin has really been clear and not awfully dry by evening. :) try it if you are thinking about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 5:11:00 PM More reviews by PurplePixi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No nonsense packaging, no nonsense cleanser. This is not the cleanser for waterproof or extremely oily makeup. What it IS.....it's SUPERBLY GENTLE! This is what you would wash with in the morning (when a scrubbing is not called for), after your laser/glycolic treatment, or after your sunburn. My new use for it...my aspirin mask therapy! Not the holy grail "cleanser" but it will always be a staple in my medicine cabinet for sooo many other uses!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by katenabi

S'Alright. I prefer other face wash though. This does make my skin softer though, and its gentle enough for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 8:45:00 PM More reviews by sslindler

I use this every morning. Makes my skin feel clean and fresh. Doesn't dry it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by mauwong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A staple! Cleans well without drying my skin. Other brands that is formulated for oily skin could dry you up that your skin would over compensate resulting in more oilies.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Sea2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried it a month. It left my skin dry with redness. If your skin is really sensitive, don't buy it, you'd waste money... and time!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by JNH

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Boring product....like thick water. I don't get the hype, and I can't stand that ugly plain packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by whoaitschell

This is an okay gentle cleanser for sensitive skin. It feels nice but I can`t help but think it isn`t actually removing anything from my face. It was also somewhat drying. Overall, it doesn`t harm but it doesn`t help, I am still unsure about the sodium lauryl sulfate in it - I don`t think my face likes it. I prefer the CeraVe gentle cleanser to this one!

If you love fashion just as much as you love beauty, visit my blog: Bird of a Feather. continued >>