November 27, 2014 | 1443 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm an avid user of the normal Prep & Prime from MAC. After I ran out of that and all of the samples of primers I was using, I decided to give P&P SPF 50 a try. I'm glad that I did! Like others have said, a little does go a long way! All I need is a pea sized amount (sometimes a bit less) and I'm good to go and my whole face is covered. The packaging is very nice and after all, you can B2M it, which is even better!
My face feels smooth and moisturized after applying this, but doesn't feel like it's weighed down with product. Another thing I love about this, is that my oily skin stays away, all day long! My skin has been pretty oily this past month with the summer heat, but with P&P SPF 50, I don't need to apply my blot powder like I was before. It is somewhat on the pricey side, but consider how long this will last you if you use a small amount. Would definitely repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

This is wonderful.You dont need to put alot of this on to prime your skin.A little goes a loooong way.And when you do put it on,it keeps your face matte.If you're looking to use this SOLEY as a primer,you won't need alot,but I'm guessing that this will be your sunblock too,so I suggest applying ENOUGH sunblock on your face. Putting a little of this SPF 50 won't be able to sufficiently protect your skin,so make sure you have the recommended amount on.

It is a cream textured primer but it doesnt feel heavy at all.So its great for both oily skin people and even dry skinned people because it is a cream.It will mattify your skin.So if you're looking for a dewy look,skip this.(But who wants a dewy look with sunscreens?That tends to look oily imo.)

I wore this for like 8 hours and my makeup was still on smooth and no oilies! How great is that?I was mostly indoors though so I didn't reapply it for sun protection.

Packaging is so cute.It has red and green sparkles all over it though you cant see that on mac's website.

It is really expensive so I have this tendency to try to SAVE it and use as little as possible because I'd hate to run out.So for that reason,I had to look for a cheaper alternative.You'd want your sunscreen to be really affordable because you're going to have to use ALOT of it each time you protect your skin. And for that reason,I found a cheaper alternative. NEUTROGENA ULTRA SHEER DRY TOUCH. That sunblock is even more matte than this one.This Mac sunblock moisturizes alot more.So if you're oily and you hated this,you might love that.

This product still gets a thumbs up from me. But I'll be buying Neutrogena sunblock the next time for a more affordable option.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by kisstina07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sadly I was very disappointed with this product. I, by no means, get super oily throughout the day but I still wanted a product to stop shine around my T zone. I thought for sure this would keep me looking matte because as of this product MAC has yet to let me down. Needless to say, I was not satisfied with the results. Will say one positive thing though, those looking for a primer to set foundation, this might be your product, my face looked pretty flawless with this stuff. So it just depends on what you are looking for this product to do for ya.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

First of all THANK YOU for all those who've written reviews about this in the past or I would NEVER consider this at all. I LOVE this. This will keep you matt looking pretty much all day, but please understand you will still produce oil, it just doesnt show!! I mean at the end of my working day my face does FEEL kinda heavy from the oil and makeup and I feel like I have to run to blot but when I look in the mirror I'm still looking absolutely flawless, and I put my make up 6 am! You can't expect a product to STOP the oil production, you'd have to clog your pores to do that and I'm assuming no one wants that. High spf allows me to wear whatever foundation I want, I'm no longer limited to ones with spf only. Now that I have this I've started to wear my Mac Face and Body foundation again and I ADORE the natural look all day. If you've used F&B before you know how emollient it is and THIS manages to keep me shinefree all day. That's just a miracle to my oily skin. This keeps the foudnation GLUED to my skin ALL DAY!!! I only have to blot maybe once in the afternoon. The price is hight though. Packaging wont allow ALL the product to come out near the end. I'm planning on cutting it when I get to that point and put it in a small jar or something. Cons wont stop me from buying this again and again. This paired with the MAC blot powder is a must for oily skin. (PS. I dont believe dry skin ladies will benefit from this. Keep your money if you have dry skin and buy the monistat gel (read reviews before judging) for only $8)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Beautified16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer keeps my makeup from fading. I love it. It helped a little bit with my oily skin but still at the end of the day i was oily, just not as oily as i would of been without using it. Its very expensive for the size of the product. I do not like the packaging because it will be hard to get all of the product out. A pro to this product is that it has spf 50 in it. Im still looking for my HG primer, until then mac will have to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by CarolinaBunny83

I am not generally a MAC user, but I tried this based on the reviews here. I really hated SB Photo Finish, and LM primer didn't actually do anything, and this was my last stop on the primer train before I gave up forever. I am SO GLAD I tried it! It's amazing! It makes my foundation stick like crazy, even through the 100 degree/95% humidity summer that we have in NC. I love that it has a high SPF, though I wouldn't rely on it if I was going to be in the sun for a prolonged period of time. I don't think that you use enough to provide that sort of protection. Most importantly, it did not break out my sensitive, acne-prone skin.

Its a bit pricey, but I totally think its work it. HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by channingtatum

I wanted a primer to replace my Smashbox and it was the beginning of summer so I purchased this one. I like the fact that it has a high SPF and it actually does a decent job of keeping my foundation in place. I would prefer if it came in a bottle with a pump instead of a tube though. Although the tube is pretty with all that glitter. Overall, good product and will definitely buy it again (expensive as it may be).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This didn't do it for me. It was ok, bit not great. I love that it has a high SPF, it felt nice on my skin and I found it easy to apply my foundation but it didn't make my foundation last any longer than usual. My skin is dry though so maybe it is more suitable for oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by prinzcess_ayu

OMG, i almost can't believe this. Thing little baby makes my foundation stick like a magnet! I swear...This is totally different from the regular prep+prime w/o spf. That one only makes my skin feel velvety but doesn't makes my foundation stick to my skin. The texture also very different which make me thought "this one not work on me.." But i was wrong..
I have to take off my makeup using cleansing oil because my regular facial cleanser cannot remove all the dirt. I also realize that i don't need to re-apply my blot powder. amazing!

UPDATE!
This primer does make my foundation stick like magnet. BUT it makes my foundation cakey like hell! I didn't realize that until one day my sister said, what happen to ur foundation? I was sweating at that time and when i look in the mirror i was like, OMG! this is truly disaster. I took off my makeup and i swear i would never used that again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Deadbeat007

I have *extremely* sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. This product didn't irritate or break me out, which is wonderful, especially considering the SPF 50 in there. However, it only helped mattify my oily skin by about 30% at best. I'm still on the lookout for a good primer that will truly mattify my very oily skin.