September 2, 2014 | 992 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

First of all THANK YOU for all those who've written reviews about this in the past or I would NEVER consider this at all. I LOVE this. This will keep you matt looking pretty much all day, but please understand you will still produce oil, it just doesnt show!! I mean at the end of my working day my face does FEEL kinda heavy from the oil and makeup and I feel like I have to run to blot but when I look in the mirror I'm still looking absolutely flawless, and I put my make up 6 am! You can't expect a product to STOP the oil production, you'd have to clog your pores to do that and I'm assuming no one wants that. High spf allows me to wear whatever foundation I want, I'm no longer limited to ones with spf only. Now that I have this I've started to wear my Mac Face and Body foundation again and I ADORE the natural look all day. If you've used F&B before you know how emollient it is and THIS manages to keep me shinefree all day. That's just a miracle to my oily skin. This keeps the foudnation GLUED to my skin ALL DAY!!! I only have to blot maybe once in the afternoon. The price is hight though. Packaging wont allow ALL the product to come out near the end. I'm planning on cutting it when I get to that point and put it in a small jar or something. Cons wont stop me from buying this again and again. This paired with the MAC blot powder is a must for oily skin. (PS. I dont believe dry skin ladies will benefit from this. Keep your money if you have dry skin and buy the monistat gel (read reviews before judging) for only $8)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Beautified16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer keeps my makeup from fading. I love it. It helped a little bit with my oily skin but still at the end of the day i was oily, just not as oily as i would of been without using it. Its very expensive for the size of the product. I do not like the packaging because it will be hard to get all of the product out. A pro to this product is that it has spf 50 in it. Im still looking for my HG primer, until then mac will have to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by CarolinaBunny83

I am not generally a MAC user, but I tried this based on the reviews here. I really hated SB Photo Finish, and LM primer didn't actually do anything, and this was my last stop on the primer train before I gave up forever. I am SO GLAD I tried it! It's amazing! It makes my foundation stick like crazy, even through the 100 degree/95% humidity summer that we have in NC. I love that it has a high SPF, though I wouldn't rely on it if I was going to be in the sun for a prolonged period of time. I don't think that you use enough to provide that sort of protection. Most importantly, it did not break out my sensitive, acne-prone skin.

Its a bit pricey, but I totally think its work it. HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by channingtatum

I wanted a primer to replace my Smashbox and it was the beginning of summer so I purchased this one. I like the fact that it has a high SPF and it actually does a decent job of keeping my foundation in place. I would prefer if it came in a bottle with a pump instead of a tube though. Although the tube is pretty with all that glitter. Overall, good product and will definitely buy it again (expensive as it may be).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This didn't do it for me. It was ok, bit not great. I love that it has a high SPF, it felt nice on my skin and I found it easy to apply my foundation but it didn't make my foundation last any longer than usual. My skin is dry though so maybe it is more suitable for oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by prinzcess_ayu

OMG, i almost can't believe this. Thing little baby makes my foundation stick like a magnet! I swear...This is totally different from the regular prep+prime w/o spf. That one only makes my skin feel velvety but doesn't makes my foundation stick to my skin. The texture also very different which make me thought "this one not work on me.." But i was wrong..
I have to take off my makeup using cleansing oil because my regular facial cleanser cannot remove all the dirt. I also realize that i don't need to re-apply my blot powder. amazing!

UPDATE!
This primer does make my foundation stick like magnet. BUT it makes my foundation cakey like hell! I didn't realize that until one day my sister said, what happen to ur foundation? I was sweating at that time and when i look in the mirror i was like, OMG! this is truly disaster. I took off my makeup and i swear i would never used that again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Deadbeat007

I have *extremely* sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. This product didn't irritate or break me out, which is wonderful, especially considering the SPF 50 in there. However, it only helped mattify my oily skin by about 30% at best. I'm still on the lookout for a good primer that will truly mattify my very oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Bijou113

I recently purchased this after seeing Lisaz09 video on it on youtube. I completely agree with her review. It works amazing! My foundation stays put all day and my T-zone is not shiny at all around noon. Yes it's a bit expensive for the small tube but it's worth every cent. HG !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by stephanieb

Finally!!!!!!! I must admit when i saw the thick white consistency--my first reaction was "this is not gonna work for me"....surprisingly i was wrong! After trying umpteen primers--have finally found my HG. And bonus that this contains a sunscreen. I have oily/sensitive skin with large pores and have never found a product with a sunscreen that doesn't break me out until now. Also leaves a perfect canvas for my liquid foundation. Thank you MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by websterboy20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Okay okay, so this Suncream/Primer doesn't have the greatest packaging, and it's pretty expensive...but it's probably my most valuable product...and I have a lot of products. Perfect for my very oily and very fair skin, a light application of this protects my skin and preps it for liquid foundation. The texture is very thick, so I apply it with a foundation brush; it spreads evenly, and doesn't leave a white cast. After it dries, I finish up with the rest of my routine. The result? Matte, flawless, poreless skin for hours on end. I've used other primers, such as Smashbox Photo Finish in Lite. I like Smashbox primers, but they are more expensive and do not provide the sun protection. Extremely, ridiculously, highly recommended for those with fair or oily (or both!) skin.