MAC Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

3.8

NEW Formula August 2012: Estimted PPD: 6.2 Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 3%. Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Polyester-8, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dipentaerythrityl Tri-polyhydroxystearate, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Scutellaria Biacalensis Root Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Whey Protein, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Caffeine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Acetyl Glucosamine, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, C30-38 Olefin/Isopropyl Malate/MA Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica ORIGINAL Formula: Estimated PPD ~ 9.1 Active ingredients: Zinc Oxide 16.10%, Octinoxate 7.50% Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, PEG-7 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Methyl Gluceth-10, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caffeine, Tocopherol, Sucrose, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Cellulose Acetate, Methicone, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin

on 8/10/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read the reviews on this product and decided to give it a try. I realize that everyone's skin is going to react differently to products and not everyone is going to have the same result. For the first time in forever, I have found the one that works for me!

My skin tends to get shiny within 2 hours after foundation application. No matter if it's liquid or powder foundation, it's always the same. Suddenly my face has become a lightbulb! I can't tell you how many blotting papers I went thru!

Well, I bought this primer, and expected the same results as I've had with all the other primers I've used- looks good for the first hour and then BLAMMO- shiny shiny shiny!!!!!

But lo and behold, this one kept true to its word and kept my (MAC Studio Fix Powder) foundation in place and there was NO SHINE! Even after several hours of wear, I had a nice dewey look to my skin but it wasn't the oil slick that I'm so used to seeing! I use my blot papers maybe once or twice a day now where it used to be several times a day! I don't have to powder my face constantly either!

And the 50 SPF is just the added bonus! So VERY satisfied with this product. I will definitely keep stock on this gem!

on 8/10/2009 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall ...a great product....It has a SPF..it rubs in very easily and smoothly all over the face.
I mix a dab with my tinted facial lotion and a dab of this primer and apply all over my face and neck and voila...I have a perfect smooth canvas to apply foundation.

on 8/10/2009 9:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm an avid user of the normal Prep & Prime from MAC. After I ran out of that and all of the samples of primers I was using, I decided to give P&P SPF 50 a try. I'm glad that I did! Like others have said, a little does go a long way! All I need is a pea sized amount (sometimes a bit less) and I'm good to go and my whole face is covered. The packaging is very nice and after all, you can B2M it, which is even better!
My face feels smooth and moisturized after applying this, but doesn't feel like it's weighed down with product. Another thing I love about this, is that my oily skin stays away, all day long! My skin has been pretty oily this past month with the summer heat, but with P&P SPF 50, I don't need to apply my blot powder like I was before. It is somewhat on the pricey side, but consider how long this will last you if you use a small amount. Would definitely repurchase in the future.

on 8/9/2009 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is wonderful.You dont need to put alot of this on to prime your skin.A little goes a loooong way.And when you do put it on,it keeps your face matte.If you're looking to use this SOLEY as a primer,you won't need alot,but I'm guessing that this will be your sunblock too,so I suggest applying ENOUGH sunblock on your face. Putting a little of this SPF 50 won't be able to sufficiently protect your skin,so make sure you have the recommended amount on.

It is a cream textured primer but it doesnt feel heavy at all.So its great for both oily skin people and even dry skinned people because it is a cream.It will mattify your skin.So if you're looking for a dewy look,skip this.(But who wants a dewy look with sunscreens?That tends to look oily imo.)

I wore this for like 8 hours and my makeup was still on smooth and no oilies! How great is that?I was mostly indoors though so I didn't reapply it for sun protection.

Packaging is so cute.It has red and green sparkles all over it though you cant see that on mac's website.

It is really expensive so I have this tendency to try to SAVE it and use as little as possible because I'd hate to run out.So for that reason,I had to look for a cheaper alternative.You'd want your sunscreen to be really affordable because you're going to have to use ALOT of it each time you protect your skin. And for that reason,I found a cheaper alternative. NEUTROGENA ULTRA SHEER DRY TOUCH. That sunblock is even more matte than this one.This Mac sunblock moisturizes alot more.So if you're oily and you hated this,you might love that.

This product still gets a thumbs up from me. But I'll be buying Neutrogena sunblock the next time for a more affordable option.

on 8/9/2009 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Sadly I was very disappointed with this product. I, by no means, get super oily throughout the day but I still wanted a product to stop shine around my T zone. I thought for sure this would keep me looking matte because as of this product MAC has yet to let me down. Needless to say, I was not satisfied with the results. Will say one positive thing though, those looking for a primer to set foundation, this might be your product, my face looked pretty flawless with this stuff. So it just depends on what you are looking for this product to do for ya.

on 8/4/2009 7:56:00 PM

First of all THANK YOU for all those who've written reviews about this in the past or I would NEVER consider this at all. I LOVE this. This will keep you matt looking pretty much all day, but please understand you will still produce oil, it just doesnt show!! I mean at the end of my working day my face does FEEL kinda heavy from the oil and makeup and I feel like I have to run to blot but when I look in the mirror I'm still looking absolutely flawless, and I put my make up 6 am! You can't expect a product to STOP the oil production, you'd have to clog your pores to do that and I'm assuming no one wants that. High spf allows me to wear whatever foundation I want, I'm no longer limited to ones with spf only. Now that I have this I've started to wear my Mac Face and Body foundation again and I ADORE the natural look all day. If you've used F&B before you know how emollient it is and THIS manages to keep me shinefree all day. That's just a miracle to my oily skin. This keeps the foudnation GLUED to my skin ALL DAY!!! I only have to blot maybe once in the afternoon. The price is hight though. Packaging wont allow ALL the product to come out near the end. I'm planning on cutting it when I get to that point and put it in a small jar or something. Cons wont stop me from buying this again and again. This paired with the MAC blot powder is a must for oily skin. (PS. I dont believe dry skin ladies will benefit from this. Keep your money if you have dry skin and buy the monistat gel (read reviews before judging) for only $8)

on 7/26/2009 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This primer keeps my makeup from fading. I love it. It helped a little bit with my oily skin but still at the end of the day i was oily, just not as oily as i would of been without using it. Its very expensive for the size of the product. I do not like the packaging because it will be hard to get all of the product out. A pro to this product is that it has spf 50 in it. Im still looking for my HG primer, until then mac will have to do.

I am not generally a MAC user, but I tried this based on the reviews here. I really hated SB Photo Finish, and LM primer didn't actually do anything, and this was my last stop on the primer train before I gave up forever. I am SO GLAD I tried it! It's amazing! It makes my foundation stick like crazy, even through the 100 degree/95% humidity summer that we have in NC. I love that it has a high SPF, though I wouldn't rely on it if I was going to be in the sun for a prolonged period of time. I don't think that you use enough to provide that sort of protection. Most importantly, it did not break out my sensitive, acne-prone skin.

Its a bit pricey, but I totally think its work it. HG for me!

I wanted a primer to replace my Smashbox and it was the beginning of summer so I purchased this one. I like the fact that it has a high SPF and it actually does a decent job of keeping my foundation in place. I would prefer if it came in a bottle with a pump instead of a tube though. Although the tube is pretty with all that glitter. Overall, good product and will definitely buy it again (expensive as it may be).

on 7/19/2009 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This didn't do it for me. It was ok, bit not great. I love that it has a high SPF, it felt nice on my skin and I found it easy to apply my foundation but it didn't make my foundation last any longer than usual. My skin is dry though so maybe it is more suitable for oily skin.