July 28, 2014 | 1378 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Beautified16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer keeps my makeup from fading. I love it. It helped a little bit with my oily skin but still at the end of the day i was oily, just not as oily as i would of been without using it. Its very expensive for the size of the product. I do not like the packaging because it will be hard to get all of the product out. A pro to this product is that it has spf 50 in it. Im still looking for my HG primer, until then mac will have to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by CarolinaBunny83

I am not generally a MAC user, but I tried this based on the reviews here. I really hated SB Photo Finish, and LM primer didn't actually do anything, and this was my last stop on the primer train before I gave up forever. I am SO GLAD I tried it! It's amazing! It makes my foundation stick like crazy, even through the 100 degree/95% humidity summer that we have in NC. I love that it has a high SPF, though I wouldn't rely on it if I was going to be in the sun for a prolonged period of time. I don't think that you use enough to provide that sort of protection. Most importantly, it did not break out my sensitive, acne-prone skin.

Its a bit pricey, but I totally think its work it. HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by channingtatum

I wanted a primer to replace my Smashbox and it was the beginning of summer so I purchased this one. I like the fact that it has a high SPF and it actually does a decent job of keeping my foundation in place. I would prefer if it came in a bottle with a pump instead of a tube though. Although the tube is pretty with all that glitter. Overall, good product and will definitely buy it again (expensive as it may be).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This didn't do it for me. It was ok, bit not great. I love that it has a high SPF, it felt nice on my skin and I found it easy to apply my foundation but it didn't make my foundation last any longer than usual. My skin is dry though so maybe it is more suitable for oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by prinzcess_ayu

OMG, i almost can't believe this. Thing little baby makes my foundation stick like a magnet! I swear...This is totally different from the regular prep+prime w/o spf. That one only makes my skin feel velvety but doesn't makes my foundation stick to my skin. The texture also very different which make me thought "this one not work on me.." But i was wrong..
I have to take off my makeup using cleansing oil because my regular facial cleanser cannot remove all the dirt. I also realize that i don't need to re-apply my blot powder. amazing!

UPDATE!
This primer does make my foundation stick like magnet. BUT it makes my foundation cakey like hell! I didn't realize that until one day my sister said, what happen to ur foundation? I was sweating at that time and when i look in the mirror i was like, OMG! this is truly disaster. I took off my makeup and i swear i would never used that again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Deadbeat007

I have *extremely* sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. This product didn't irritate or break me out, which is wonderful, especially considering the SPF 50 in there. However, it only helped mattify my oily skin by about 30% at best. I'm still on the lookout for a good primer that will truly mattify my very oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Bijou113

I recently purchased this after seeing Lisaz09 video on it on youtube. I completely agree with her review. It works amazing! My foundation stays put all day and my T-zone is not shiny at all around noon. Yes it's a bit expensive for the small tube but it's worth every cent. HG !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by stephanieb

Finally!!!!!!! I must admit when i saw the thick white consistency--my first reaction was "this is not gonna work for me"....surprisingly i was wrong! After trying umpteen primers--have finally found my HG. And bonus that this contains a sunscreen. I have oily/sensitive skin with large pores and have never found a product with a sunscreen that doesn't break me out until now. Also leaves a perfect canvas for my liquid foundation. Thank you MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by websterboy20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Okay okay, so this Suncream/Primer doesn't have the greatest packaging, and it's pretty expensive...but it's probably my most valuable product...and I have a lot of products. Perfect for my very oily and very fair skin, a light application of this protects my skin and preps it for liquid foundation. The texture is very thick, so I apply it with a foundation brush; it spreads evenly, and doesn't leave a white cast. After it dries, I finish up with the rest of my routine. The result? Matte, flawless, poreless skin for hours on end. I've used other primers, such as Smashbox Photo Finish in Lite. I like Smashbox primers, but they are more expensive and do not provide the sun protection. Extremely, ridiculously, highly recommended for those with fair or oily (or both!) skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by strawberrytaurus

Let me first start off by saying that I have very oily skin during the summer months and I have desperately been trying to find a moisturizer/primer or something to make me less oily. Well ladies, I think I've found it with the Prep + Prime SPF 50. This was recommended to me by some lovely ladies on the m/u board. It mattifies my skin and leaves me looking almost flawless. It also absorbs the oil on my skin. I use this as a moisturizer + primer. I used to use Philosophy When Hope is not enough but it would make me so very oily and in a few hours my face would be an oil slick. The Prep + Prime prevents this. I could wear this for hours in 100 degree heat and get only a bit oily. I've been using my MAC blot less since using this also. The fact that this has spf in it is also a huge plus!

Now the downside is that this is very expensive for the tiny bottle you get! I used to think my Philosophy was expensive but compared to this...Also while the bottle looks very pretty with the pink and blue glitters it's also hard and I can imagine it being a pain in the arse to get the product out once the bottle's almost empty. Of couse with this tiny bottle being $28 I wanna get all the product out of it that I can!

Overall though, great product. I love MAC but haven't tried a lot of their skincare. Maybe this will change now that I've discovered Prep + Prime. They've suckered me in with this in that I'll keep repurchasing.