Everyday Minerals New Flat Top Brush

4.6

Not tested on animals

Synthetic

Prior to buying this, I used the deluxe buffer brush. brush from Coastal Scents. But after trying this for the first time, I pretty much ditched that.

This is soft but yet firm so it retains it shape after washing unlike the deluxe buffer which gets all flared out. It's not scratchy at all, denser than the deluxe buffer brush and doesn't shed!

I bought it for only about $4 (super personal custom kit)! Super cheap for such a good quality brush!

on 11/28/2008 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush:) When I ordered my Everyday Minerals stuff this brush was actually out of stock so I had to get it off of ebay. I use this brush every day to put on my foundation. The bristles are very soft and I really like the brush because the handle is short.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is brush is my favorite. It's super soft and NEVER sheds unlike my sonia kashuk travel retractable kabuki brush that was $18 not including tax. I love this brush for stippling on my MMU. Yay for EDM!!

on 11/19/2008 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

[ PROS ] - Incredibly soft, blends mineral products well, densely packed bristles, great coverage, does not irritate my sensitive skin, does not shed, has no odors, very affordable
[ CONS ] - handle diameter a little larger than I prefer
In all honesty, this is the best brush I have ever owned! I am actually considering to order a few more just in case it is ever discontinued!

on 11/15/2008 12:08:00 PM

All Everyday Minerals' products are amazing AND affordable. Their brushes are very soft and doesn't shed! I use this brush for contouring, very soft, feels really nice on my skin!

on 11/13/2008 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

LOVE this brush for mineral foundation. I used to use EM's long-handled kabuki for foundation, but switched to this one recently. It does make foundation seem to go on a bit smoother and doesn't create as much of a mess as the kabuki does (when powder flies away from your face while applying.) It's very dense, so it's sometimes difficult to get an even application onto the actual brush, but the brush makes up for that in its ability to buff foundation into your face.

on 11/12/2008 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite brush for applying cream blush. It is the perfect size, deposits just the right amount of color on my cheeks and is super soft, so there is no fear of the bristles aggravating my sensitive skin. If I ever have to, which I doubt since it seems so well made for the price (I've had mine for awhile now, no bristle loss as yet), I would definitely buy again. Update: 5.24.2012- Finally died, after almost 5 years of continued use, not bad.

on 11/11/2008 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE it! It really is amazing quality for the price because it is very soft and very dense which makes it a really great mineral make up brush. I bought the kabuki at first but it took longer to build the coverage so I bought the flat top. It gives great coverage right away so if you're looking for medium-full it's great, if you're looking for something more sheer then I'd get their kabuki instead. Overall, it's a staple in my mineral foundation kit.

on 11/11/2008 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG i love this brush! It is super soft! It is just as soft as Too Faced Kabuki Brush. I actually can't tell the difference between the two. I have super sensitive acne prone skin and this doesn't irritate it at all. I may get more just so I don't have to wash my brushes so often. Great brush, great price. It's also great that the tip bristles are white so you can tell when you need to wash it.

on 11/10/2008 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Bought this due to the comments here on MUA. This really is a great brush! I've been using a flat top brush that mark makes and it scratches like crazy though it gets the job done. The EDM flat top works just as well without the prickliness. I didn't think a brush that soft would blend well but it did! Also the price of $10 is great too! Will be buying another one of these brushes as back up.