November 21, 2014 | 1666 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I have been using this for a few days. My lips have been parched from the sunshine and heat. I wanted something than a gloss to wear and chose this based upon the reviews. Overall, I think that the product is "okay". I like the moisturizing factor for me, but...I can't stand the smell and taste! It is odd...very odd scent. I did bump it down a bit for that. If I had been able to smell before buying, I would not have chosen this one. The packaging is your average packaging for a balm. The color, is sheer when applied, so I don't have to worry about that. I put that I would not repurchase, as I would look into the other formulas.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by bloou

I am a huge fan of burt's bees lip balms so when this came out years ago I immediately purchased this as soon as I got the chance. This is amazing as well. It goes on clear despite the ruby shade that you see. It goes on smoother than the peppermint and honey, but moisturizes as well as the honey (the original is the least moisturizing, but I still LOVE it). It goes on with a lighter consistency than the honey and peppermint. This is what I carry around with me because it protects and moisturizes my lips whether they are chapped or in good condition. Scent-wise, this is my 3rd favorite only. There's nothing wrong with the scent, but I just prefer the original and the honey better. I will continue to repurchase this. I also can't wait to try the new mango butter and acai berry. I will buy them as soon as I get the chance.
07/15/10: I recently got a new tube of this because while I haven't finished my old one, the twisty thing is not working right (I couldn't twist up the product). And oh my! They changed the scent and taste of this. I don't like the scent and taste of this now. Before it tasted like a semi-sweet pomegranate. Now it's more of like an unpleasant marine or wax with a hint of pomegranate. The taste is even more awful! Like an unpleasant wax with an awful marine note in it. The texture improved, though. It is smoother and maybe less waxy (not that it's even annoyingly waxy to begin with, but as you use it, you can detect some waxiness to it as one of the ingredients is beeswax!). I still can't bring myself to knock off a lippie or two despite the negatives because they way this hydrates my lips is still awesome and the texture is wonderful. I wish Burt's Bees would bring the old scent and taste back though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by sewong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

There's something about Burt's Bees lip balm that makes you love them so much...I've collected most all of them and buy them over and over and over again. I don't want to switch lip balms! They're amazing. This one is very moisturing and smells like pomegranate green tea! It leaves the TINIEST bit of tint and leaves a bit of shine, which I actually like. LOVE this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 6:47:00 AM More reviews by carolinecaz

LOVE it!! It smells delicious...not nauseating like some supposedly fruit-flavoured lip-balms. It looks like it might have a lot of colour, but it produces a lovely light tinted effect, so your lip colour will look very natural (as will your teeth, some coloured lip balms just make your teeth look yellowish even when they’re not). It’s one of those animal and environmentally conscious products, which is great (there should be more products like this). It moisterises, without leaving a thick film on your lips…glides on smoothly. Highly recommend it for people who would like a lip-tint effect that’s a little lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by chrissyn

This is an awesome lip balm! smells great too, sort of like a fruity green tea ! it's also very moisturizing and the color just lieaves the tiniest bit of tint which is hardly noticeable, which is good since I can still apply lip color over it. The only thing about this lip balm is that it doesn't have spf which is important for the summer months. I love this lip balm and the fact that it is 100% natural reassures me that when I like my lips I'm not ingesting a bunch of chemicals :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by xALRx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this stuff! i've been using BB lip balm for about 5 years and just recently switched to their pomegranite one a month ago... love the smell and the consistency, plus it gives a healthy glow to my lips which is so necessary during the upcoming fall/winter months. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by BigLetterFridays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the Burt's Bees line. My family uses all of their products and they're all very satisfied. This is my favorite lip balm. I like the scent and it makes my chapped lips smooth in just a couple days. I stock up in the winter time, but it also helps in the summer when my lips get a little burnt from the sun.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this lip balm actually made my lips MORE chapped! Is that even possible? It smells nice though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by GreyWarden

I LOVE this lip balm, it is my current lip addiction. I always have a tube in my pocket. It has a light scent/flavor, and despite the color in the tube does not stain the lips at all. It absorbs and moisturizes but it also leaves a light coating on the surface of the lips which gives them a subtle shine. If I have a gap between one tube and the next, I just about go crazy. Nothing else works as good for me. At $3 a tube, its a little pricey, but worth it. Give this stuff a try if your a balm junkee like me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by starberry237

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lib balm is so moisturizing! I don't mind the pomegranate oil scent as some wouldn't like it. I am not sure how to describe the scent but it smells a bit like vaseline and something sweet. There is a reasonable amount in the tube and i found the packaging really cute plus its eco friendly. It took a short while for the product to start working as it needs absorbing but overall, this lip balm is amazing!
Price: you can get it on sale for 2.99CAN at drugstores