September 17, 2014 | 920 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by loveblendnbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

So i was bored of my foundation/powder routine and wanted something new .. i don't need tons of coverage and my skin will break out or get an allergic reaction with anything that's too rich or too harsh or has too many chemicals .. i love BeneFit's Boi-Ing Concealer and the Get Even Powder, so it was between Some Kind-A Gorgeous and Hello Flawless ... i've always had my eye on this one, but that "one shade fits all" shit didn't work well for my Tan skin :) it's WAY too fair for me. But now it has a 2nd shade that works for darker skin tones ("deep"). Looking at the color face to face made me INCREDIBLY skeptical because it looks EXTREMELY dark in its packaging.. but i had the option of returning it if i didn't like it, so what the hell right .. i tried it ... used it for about a week .. ever since then (6 months ago) i have definitely found my 2nd favorite foundation :)

Pros:
-blends well
-incredibly flawless finish
-cute packaging (if that counts)
-easy to apply
-smooth finish
-easy to remove (could be a con too)

Cons:
-can be oily if you use too much (not suited for oily skin types)
-needs a finishing powder to set it, otherwise it'll "wipe" itself off throughout the day
-only 2 different shades =( sadface, sorry girls who are in between!
-sponge smells funnie and doesn't work like i'd want it to ..
-low staying powder if used without setting powder
-not too much product
-packing may be bulky

applied using the sponge it comes with, i find that the color is 2 shades too dark for me. so i don't use the sponge. it smells funnie anyways, LOL. so i use a stippling brush (MAC 187 or any dupes) and that kind of brush is PERFECT for this. it helps with the blending and picks up just enough product. for some, it may be "oily" but let it dry for about 5 or so mins (let it settle itself into ur skin) .. and then set it with a finishing powder. and i promise it'll stay on all day :) i would DEFINITELY use a primer with this to help the staying power, it works well with the BeneFit That Gal brightening primer and also SMASHBOX's Photo Finish Light or MAC's Mattifying Gel. Anything that primes your face to curb oilyness is ideal with this particular foundation.

on top of all of that .. it DOESN'T break me out and never gave me an allergic reaction. i have an incredibly hard time finding foundations that work for me -- which is why i've always been more of a "powder foundation" kinda girl. but this one is the business for me :) just gotta do a few things to help with staying power .. definitely not a good pick for the lazy type if you just need to pat and go .. and definitely not suited for oily skin girlies unless your primer controls your oil, but i'm sure that won't even help because you might hate the "oily" feel this product may seem to give off -- it's not as oily as one may think, trust me. but to each their own ;) hehe.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by babybug74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about a week now. I am of Asian descent, on the fair side and have yellow undertones. I normally use Meow Cosmetics mineral makeup which I really love, but since I forgot it in the hotel room on my trip a week ago, I needed something else in a hurry.

I had a Sephora gift card and used it to pick up Some Kind-a Gorgeous. I wasn't too keen on the one-size-fits-most shade, but when I tried it on, I found it looks nice on my skin. You can use your fingers or the sponge that comes with it, according to the instructions. The sponge works fine. Haven't yet tried it with my fingers.

The packaging is cute--the container looks like a vinyl record. Unfortunately, it's not that sturdy and when I accidentally dropped it on my kitchen floor, I guess it warped and now it doesn't close securely. Oh well.

There's not a whole lot of product in the small little tub, but then again, it doesn't seem like I use a whole lot when I apply it to my face. The coverage is rather light, but this is good because I don't like to look like I've been spackling foundation all over myself. It is good for everyday wear and I find that it makes my complexion look better than normal--very velvety and smooth. What I also really like is how easy it is. Compared to my MMU routine, this foundation faker is super-simple. And it doesn't get all over the place like my powdered mineral make-up does. No fuss, no muss!

BeneFit tends to have clever packaging and pricey products. I have tried You Rebel! tinted moisturizer but am not a fan. Love the Bathina products, though. I can honestly say that I love Some Kind-a Gorgeous and will definitely be purchasing it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Nirosaki

I love BeneFit because their products are quirky and fun. I had an obsession with them and wished to buy their products.

I have this one, and unfortunately, it seems a little short of a waste of money.

'One shade fits all' is not true for me. I have yellow undertones, and I realise BeneFit targets their make-up towards caucasions and darker-skins. When I use 'Some Kind-A Gorgeous - light' it makes my face look very pink..
It also seems a little cakey to me.

I really wanted to love BeneFit and their products.. but I can't. :(

Although, if there is anything I like about this foundation, it's that after washing it-off my face feels rather satin-like. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by carat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm usually in too much of a hurry to do the whole foundation thing, I usually just slap on some moisturizer and this on the odd day. I too was a little skeptical with the "one shade fits all", but it was pretty good, I have to admit.

I love the formula, it's easy to apply and goes on incredibly smooth. While the packaging is adorable, I find the actual compact to be slightly flimsy (?, although maybe I'm just rough on it).

I'm fair, so I find I really have to make sure it's all blended in well or I find it does give me some orangey bits. I don't wear this every day, but on the days I do I always get compliments on my "glow".

If you don't like foundation, or are looking for light/easy coverage, I'd suggest this. It won't make you look totally different, but it's a nice subtle, polished finishing touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by falloutMaddie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had been eyeing this foundation on the website for ageeees and when my mom picked it up for me i was so happy! The packaging is so cute i actually still have it! Its a little pricey but i think it's worth it, if you want good makeup, you're gonna have 2 pay the price!!
So i reaaaly love this foundation, the colour suits me relay well and it gives me a really even FLAWLESS finish and the sponge applies it perfectly! The only bad things i have 2 say about this product is that the sponge doesn't smell that great and If you apply the foundation without any powder over it at 8am it will be gone by 1pm...which isnt bad but it could be better! Also there isn't alot of foundation in the tub so if you use it everyday it will be gone in about a week! But I have great faith in Bemefit products and I definitely recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by eanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I returned You Rebel Lite recently due to irritation from the sunscreen in it, and the SA suggested I try this.

The color doesn't match as great as YRL (slightly too dark/pink for me), and is more streaky. I've tried the sponge, a foundation brush and my fingers. The sponge works best, but still not ideal.

The coverage is less than YRL as well. You really need nice skin to use this product. It doesn't cover my red post-acne spots or blue veins under my eyes. It doesn't stay as well as YRL, and gets slimy after about 3 hours. It slides right off my nose, even after setting with Get Even powder.

Think I've about given up with BeneFit. The only thing I really like so far is the Get Even powder.

Cute packaging, but too expensive for it's low performance and small quantity of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ohmyjessica

I like the THEORY of BeneFit products... but this was another disappointment.

I feel bad saying that because I had such high expectations... and I'm really almost done with this product... however, after desperately going back to my old product (I couldn't find my 'record player') I realize how much better it was than this.

Cute packaging. Over-priced. Doesn't do much. Like I said, I really WISH it worked out and had high hopes for it... but it was blah for me. I wish there was a 2.5 option...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ah73

Got this as a sample originally, am now on my second full-size one. Originally, I was skeptical of the 'one-color-fits-all' thing but it matched me perfectly! I have oily acne prone skin, and this gives the same sheer effect as a tinted moisturizer but with less sheen. I sometimes follow up with colorescience spf powder to tone down the shine and add spf. I think this is probably best suited to a normal/ combo skin type- it might not be matte enough for the oilier gals.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Centro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first product from BeneFit which made me fall in love with this amazing makeup brand ever since. To start off, the packaging looks like an vinyl record, which I like a lot because I always find vintage things very interesting. The plastic container is not too durable because it chipped after the second time I dropped it on the ground.

The original shade was a little too light for me so I picked "deep" instead. At first I thought it was too dark for me but when I put it on my cheeks with the sponge pad given and blended, all i can say is WOW! It looked almost as if it was not there. I quickly applied it all over my face. Result? I get even-toned, gorgeous looking skin!

However, don't expect this foundation cream to cover all your pimples and dark circles because it only offers light to medium coverage. It did an amazing job at concealing my small scars. And from experience, a little goes a looooong way! Applying too much looks dull and quite fake. After a few months, it started to dry up and what I like to do is heat it up with a blowdryer for about 10 seconds before use and blending will be a breeze.

I LOVE SOME-KIND-A-GORGEOUS SO MUCH that i bought it again two weeks ago. This is perfect, something I can wear to school everyday without looking like i piled on heavy makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpJunkiee

I didnt like this one bit, although it feels nice and smooth when applying it dried out my face and looked an awful powdering mess when dried. The color didnt match my skin very well either.