April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ah73

Got this as a sample originally, am now on my second full-size one. Originally, I was skeptical of the 'one-color-fits-all' thing but it matched me perfectly! I have oily acne prone skin, and this gives the same sheer effect as a tinted moisturizer but with less sheen. I sometimes follow up with colorescience spf powder to tone down the shine and add spf. I think this is probably best suited to a normal/ combo skin type- it might not be matte enough for the oilier gals.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Centro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first product from BeneFit which made me fall in love with this amazing makeup brand ever since. To start off, the packaging looks like an vinyl record, which I like a lot because I always find vintage things very interesting. The plastic container is not too durable because it chipped after the second time I dropped it on the ground.

The original shade was a little too light for me so I picked "deep" instead. At first I thought it was too dark for me but when I put it on my cheeks with the sponge pad given and blended, all i can say is WOW! It looked almost as if it was not there. I quickly applied it all over my face. Result? I get even-toned, gorgeous looking skin!

However, don't expect this foundation cream to cover all your pimples and dark circles because it only offers light to medium coverage. It did an amazing job at concealing my small scars. And from experience, a little goes a looooong way! Applying too much looks dull and quite fake. After a few months, it started to dry up and what I like to do is heat it up with a blowdryer for about 10 seconds before use and blending will be a breeze.

I LOVE SOME-KIND-A-GORGEOUS SO MUCH that i bought it again two weeks ago. This is perfect, something I can wear to school everyday without looking like i piled on heavy makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpJunkiee

I didnt like this one bit, although it feels nice and smooth when applying it dried out my face and looked an awful powdering mess when dried. The color didnt match my skin very well either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A good idea, very, very light foundation - so light that you nearly can't call it a foundation, it's what you would call "whisper-soft" if you were full of cliches. Very little coverage and a powdery texture once on the skin, it has a "veil effect". For me it's not enough, I want more substance to my foundation, but if you've got good skin and don't mind the slight sponge marks when applying, then this could be quite nice. I realise "quite nice" isn't high praise but it's all it's getting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love the concept - tinted moisturizer in cream to powder form. The only problem I have is that it's a wee too dark for my skin and it creates a visible demarcation line when I use it. I still do use it since my skin gets a wee bit darker in the summer but it's not a winter product for me, which is too bad because that's when I need a creamy foundation.

For reference: I have light, yellow based skin with mild rosacea. My MAC color would be N-whatever 20. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by a2makeup

My HG foundation. Love it soooooooo much! Only bad thing is oil control. Great stuff though!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2009 5:47:00 AM More reviews by mosaicglory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

this is great for people with fairly okay skin and just looking for sheer coverage. it goes on very light and feels like you're not wearing any makeup at all, but you'll still look like your skin is flawless. it evens out skin tone and gives that subtle glow. good staying power but one con is that its oil control is not that good. overall decent product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Sirenas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is so light and smooth, it leaves your face like silk to the touch. I know youre not suppose to touch your face (for hygiene reasons), but I couldn't help it to the lovely velvety feel. However after a few days of wearing it, I started to notice I was breaking out, tiny little zits in different places, not too many, most people wouldnt notice, but up close in the mirror I did. My skin without it, had no silky feel whatsoever. I notice I was breaking out more on days I wore this, wether alone or on top of my foundation. I have combination skin, and some times it can get very very oily, so this product is not the right product for me. I think this is better if you have good to moderate skin. For some reason, I do still find myself wearing it on some days (I still have some left) because I like the whole "no-makeup dewy look", and this works great for that....Im still searching for foundation as light as this one but that wont cause me to breakout.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by sah125

I really wanted to like this but it was just too expensive for the amount it has. I liked how it gave me a nice sheer dewy look but it picked up some dry patches on my skin. The packaging is convenient for travel and it's also really cute. But the product was used up really quickly. I also didn't like the sponge...preferred a brush instead. I won't be repurchasing this....

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by sparkle1977

I tried this product a few weeks ago and unfortunately it did not work for me. I love the way it made my skin look...so illuminated and flawless. The packaging is real cute and the cream was easy to apply. However, my face started to itch a few hrs after I applied it and I broke out with red, inflamed bumps all over my face. I looked like a pepperoni pizza. Too bad really!