July 26, 2014 | 965 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by magoomba

I have been using this mascara for over a year. It does a fantastic job separating and lengthening my lashes. It is definitely more expensive than I would like, but I find that it is worth it. I had never used an eyelash curler until recently, and I can't say that I notice a difference in that regard. I am not sure if the curl should be enhanced by the mascara. I think I just have the sort of eyelashes that will always stick straight out. This is by far the best mascara I have found.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by jenniferhdo

So for the price.. and the reviews.. I was expecting magic. So I did my usualy makeup routine.. and curled my lashes.. and put on the imitable mascara... and it brought my curl down! It really really sucked, after applying the mascara.. and looking into the mirror.. I couldn't even see my lashes.. because the mascara made my eyelashes just stick straight out! My Wal-mart Maybelline mascara works soo much better, and does not take away my curl!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a mascara junkie like myself, I'm rather surprised (and dismayed) at how good this mascara applies, wears, and lenghthens my lashes. It hits on all the major points that I want in a mascara - lengthens, defines, no smudges, no flakes, holds a curl. And I don't need to use a lash comb after using this mascara which saves me time as well. The only teensy gripe is that it's not as thickening, well I need to coat my lashes about 4 -5 times to get that voluminous feathery lashes look. So it does thicken but it takes some work. I'm "dismayed" because this mascara is so darn expensve and I hate spending money on mascara. Thank goodness my Chanel counter is very nice to me and gives me lots of samples :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I can't believe that I've never reviewed this product! I first purchased it last year, when it was initially released. I got the black color. After the obligatory 2-3 months, I tossed it and tried some other mascaras... then, when I saw that it was voted as "Best Mascara" in the ALLURE Best of Beauty 2007, I decided to have another stab at it.

As others have described, this is Chanel's effort at the rubber-bristled brush. It works pretty well at separating the eyelashes, and does lengthen quite a bit. However, to build thickness, I have to use 2-3 coats. The black is a nice, bright black (not gray or ashy like some other brands.) And the packaging is nice and simple (black rectangular plastic with gold trim).

I did take off a lippie, because despite Chanel's claims that this "curls," I find that it does deflate my Shu Uemura-induced curl a bit. Also, it does start to dry out a little after 2 months, so if you're one of those people who like to keep mascara for longer than that, it might be a problem.

Overall, for the price ($27.50 USD), it's not a HG product, but I do like it, and would (and already did!) purchase it again.

For reference, I have short, sparse Asian lashes.

UPDATED 10/20/08 - The SA at Lord & Taylor gave me a sample of this, so I decided to try again. Although it gave me pretty lashes, it was SO darn flaky! I used 2 coats and literally had like 25 black flakes all over my cheekbones by lunchtime. Argh!!! I lowered my rating to 3 and said I would NOT repurchase. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 6:45:00 AM More reviews by RococoRose

I have kindly been given about three of these samples each time I have made big purchases at the Chanel counter. I really like it. Its nothing groundbreaking or amazing, just a GOOD, reliable mascara. I think it gives a very 'clean' sleek finish to my lashes. No smudging or flaking eiether. Will purchase at some stage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Seraphatine

I received a sample of this product from Instyle Magazine. This mascara is amazing. I find that it lives up to all of its claims except volumize - hence it lengthens, seperates and curls. The only downside is that it sometimes smudges a tiny bit onto the bottom of my eye, but that is easily fixed with a 1-tip. I'll definately be purchasing this full size when my sample runs out. 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this mascara! separates the lashes very nicely. the black is nice and dark. formula's long wearing, w/o raccoon eyes at the end of the day. i can actually wear this w/o the shiseido mascara base and it'll still hold the curl. it looks better w/o the base for some reason too. the only thing i don't love about it is the price

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by kschoice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good mascara. I noticed quite a bit of people here dislike it. I wipe the wand with paper towel before I apply it to my lashes to prevent clumps. It's not too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2007 8:00:00 AM More reviews by eyes4you

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite mascara at the moment!

Great product! Gives me black, beautiful and full lashes (I have very light lashes) and does NOT smudge on me!!!!!! That's the best part!!!

I will buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2007 9:25:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

Pros: Very nice, fluid product that applies nicely AFTER the first week of use to work out all the clumps. Fine, detailed brush that permits a perfect application from roots to ends. Excellent rich pigment (black) that leaves a natural, glossy finish (compared to many others that very dark grey at best). Does not flake at all. Removal is easy and painless if any gets into eyes (say, during a workout).

Cons: Expensive! Small quantity! Clumps for the first several uses (say, a week).

Sum: Liked it very much, but it's darn expensive.