November 29, 2014 | 1187 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 10:15:00 AM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

An uneventful mascara. I purchased the brown one and rushed home to try it out with high hopes. Unfortunately it didn't live up to any of my expectations. Granted my lashes didn't clump but they weren't lenghthened or added any extra volume either. It gave a very natural look that I could have achieved with products half the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 7:21:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good mascara for lengthening and thickening, but it's not worth it's price. It does the same thing as CG's Lash Exact but it costs about 3x as much. This isn't as buildable as other mascaras which is why I don't give it a 5/5, but it is a nice mascara overall.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by dwrn07

I bought this after a friend told me it was the best mascara she's ever used. I have tried just about every mascara in search of the perfect one, and thought that this might just be it! But, sadly, I ended up very disappointed by this mascara. It took all the curl out of my lashes and left them a dry, brittle, flaky, clumpy mess. It is exactly the same brush as CoverGirl LashExact. For some reason I expected it to be better because it was Chanel, but it just didn't do it for me. I took this back and got my $27.50 back.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by magoomba

I have been using this mascara for over a year. It does a fantastic job separating and lengthening my lashes. It is definitely more expensive than I would like, but I find that it is worth it. I had never used an eyelash curler until recently, and I can't say that I notice a difference in that regard. I am not sure if the curl should be enhanced by the mascara. I think I just have the sort of eyelashes that will always stick straight out. This is by far the best mascara I have found.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by jenniferhdo

So for the price.. and the reviews.. I was expecting magic. So I did my usualy makeup routine.. and curled my lashes.. and put on the imitable mascara... and it brought my curl down! It really really sucked, after applying the mascara.. and looking into the mirror.. I couldn't even see my lashes.. because the mascara made my eyelashes just stick straight out! My Wal-mart Maybelline mascara works soo much better, and does not take away my curl!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a mascara junkie like myself, I'm rather surprised (and dismayed) at how good this mascara applies, wears, and lenghthens my lashes. It hits on all the major points that I want in a mascara - lengthens, defines, no smudges, no flakes, holds a curl. And I don't need to use a lash comb after using this mascara which saves me time as well. The only teensy gripe is that it's not as thickening, well I need to coat my lashes about 4 -5 times to get that voluminous feathery lashes look. So it does thicken but it takes some work. I'm "dismayed" because this mascara is so darn expensve and I hate spending money on mascara. Thank goodness my Chanel counter is very nice to me and gives me lots of samples :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I can't believe that I've never reviewed this product! I first purchased it last year, when it was initially released. I got the black color. After the obligatory 2-3 months, I tossed it and tried some other mascaras... then, when I saw that it was voted as "Best Mascara" in the ALLURE Best of Beauty 2007, I decided to have another stab at it.

As others have described, this is Chanel's effort at the rubber-bristled brush. It works pretty well at separating the eyelashes, and does lengthen quite a bit. However, to build thickness, I have to use 2-3 coats. The black is a nice, bright black (not gray or ashy like some other brands.) And the packaging is nice and simple (black rectangular plastic with gold trim).

I did take off a lippie, because despite Chanel's claims that this "curls," I find that it does deflate my Shu Uemura-induced curl a bit. Also, it does start to dry out a little after 2 months, so if you're one of those people who like to keep mascara for longer than that, it might be a problem.

Overall, for the price ($27.50 USD), it's not a HG product, but I do like it, and would (and already did!) purchase it again.

For reference, I have short, sparse Asian lashes.

UPDATED 10/20/08 - The SA at Lord & Taylor gave me a sample of this, so I decided to try again. Although it gave me pretty lashes, it was SO darn flaky! I used 2 coats and literally had like 25 black flakes all over my cheekbones by lunchtime. Argh!!! I lowered my rating to 3 and said I would NOT repurchase. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 6:45:00 AM More reviews by RococoRose

I have kindly been given about three of these samples each time I have made big purchases at the Chanel counter. I really like it. Its nothing groundbreaking or amazing, just a GOOD, reliable mascara. I think it gives a very 'clean' sleek finish to my lashes. No smudging or flaking eiether. Will purchase at some stage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Seraphatine

I received a sample of this product from Instyle Magazine. This mascara is amazing. I find that it lives up to all of its claims except volumize - hence it lengthens, seperates and curls. The only downside is that it sometimes smudges a tiny bit onto the bottom of my eye, but that is easily fixed with a 1-tip. I'll definately be purchasing this full size when my sample runs out. 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this mascara! separates the lashes very nicely. the black is nice and dark. formula's long wearing, w/o raccoon eyes at the end of the day. i can actually wear this w/o the shiseido mascara base and it'll still hold the curl. it looks better w/o the base for some reason too. the only thing i don't love about it is the price