April 19, 2014 | 1915 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only use this when I'm on vacation in a humid environment as it tends to be drying for me. It clogs my pores and I can see that they are enlarged. Coverage wise it is a light to medium, good for a casual makeup day. I won't buy a 2nd one of this product. It is quite expensive and doesn't perform any miracles.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by roxy069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I initially bought this because my old setting powder was too dark for my winter skin. I'm really glad I did because this is a wonderful powder. This is semi matte; it has the slightest shimmer to it, but it's virtually undetectable on your face. It gives you a healthy glow. I use an ample amount, but there's still a lot left. I think it's impossible to use too much because it gives such a natural finish. It doesn't have a lot of coverage on its own, but it is a really great setting powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by moderndino

I am new to mac and am building my collection, i really adore this powder though. i have tried SO many and i think i will be sticking to this one. Medium plus matches my skintone perfectly! I apply this with a kabuki brush and the finish is flawless, i can use this over a smashbox primer, foundation, or to set concealers. I love this, however I must complain about the packaging, the clear plastic lid sometimes pops out and rattles between the powder and the back ring holding the package closed, i feel like my msfn is going to get damaged due to this soon.

EDIT: this breaks me out and i DO NOT have acne prone skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sassy513

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium is a great powder type foundation that withstands the day without touchups. I normally use a light concealor around the eye area, nose and chin. Then I will lightly apply this powder with a big fluffy brush to even everything out and set the concealor. It provides buildable coverage that looks very natural and also photographs without any problems (looking at you Studio Fix). I used NC25 in Studio Fix and orginally began using MSF in Light/Medium which made me look pale. Medium is a great color match as recommended by a MAC makeup artist. Also the product tends to last me about 6 months with daily use which is great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

I generally love MAC but I think the SA recommended the wrong shade! (I swear I could go there every week and each SA would probably tell me each time I was a different shade) I am fair NW20 and she told me to get Medium saying the Light was too pasty on me.. Well at first I thought I liked it but the color is way off-and it seems to turn ruddy or orange by the end of the day...The texture is good,coverage is good but the color seems to change...Just be sure to get the right color

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by florabundance

I absolutely adore this product! It works very well to set foundation, without leaving a cakey appearence to the skin due to its light reflecting properties. I also use this product to set the concealer under my eyes as I find that it diffuses the light ever so slightly and does not settle into the small lines around the eye area. Its coverage is sheer, so I would say it isn't a repleacement for regular foundation, but works well in summer when I don't want as much coverage. I have heard that it shoudn't be worn if you are planning to have your photograph taken as it can really bleach the appearence of the skin, but I have yet to test this out. This product works well to take the shine out of my skin following foundation, but leaves it with a radiant finish. I could not be without this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 5:53:00 AM More reviews by formerfatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This gives a very sheer natural finish, It doesn't have any great oil absorbing properties but it also never looks cakey or powdery. I love this, the coverage is sheer but can be built on and it does a really good job of evening out skin tone. I'm not a fan of base in general but this I use regularly.
For ref, I usually use it on it's own but have used it over BB skin foundation with no balling or clash of formulations.

Will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ayutateishi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it to death. Perfect dewy look with great natural coverage that lasted all day and looked good in person (regardless of lighting) and on camera even with flash. But made me break out. *SOB* and I think I'm allergic to mineral stuff. BUT THIS IS THE BEST MINERAL POWDER THERE IS ON THE MARKET!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by moniluna6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

NC20-25. I really like this powder, its the best for setting my foundation. It makes my make up look naturally and not completely matte. Sometimes I can also use it as a lightweight foundation on days I don't feel like wearing make up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by na8i

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'll compare MSF Natural (MSFN) to Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte (EDM) as these two are the best mineral foundations I have found for my sensitive combi/oily skin where staying power, oily break-throughs and clogged pores are a problem. MSFN provides a more matte finish, blends nicely, but coverage is only light-medium. EDM on the other hands is like buffing butter into my skin, the coverage is excellent with a finish considerably more shiny (even with the semi-matte - I also tried matte which was chalky). Worn alone MSFN is slightly more long-wearing - with setting powder they are equal in wear and oily break-throughs. None of them can be used on my forehead without getting clogged pores, though. Both settle in to fine lines and accentuate flaky skin when overdone, MSFN more than EDM. MSFN is also slightly off in color, Medium is a bit to pink for most skin tones I'd think. I actually like Light-Medium better, better coverage and more yellowish. I prefer the baked MSFN to the loose powder of EDM. In summary I think both are great. The issue with MSFN is less coverage and bad color selection. EDM needs more work to reduce the shinyness and the loose powder never appealed to me. I want something with good coverage, good staying power and a matte finish. (I guess I have to go back to stick foundation...)