MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

4.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Squalane, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Kaolin, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Yeast Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Lysine, Tocopherol , Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Lecithin, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Simethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Isostearic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So this is a little tricky. I have heard so many people rave about this but i am pretty undecided. I have never HATED a MAC powder. Possibly a foundation of their but i have always loved their powders!

I like the concept of a mineral pressed powder from MAC. However, it didn't give me very good coverage and i don't even need that much!! It is also very messy to use the Mineralize packaging because the powder gets around the sides and always falls out when you open it. This isn't a REALLY bad powder but it isn't the amazing MAC quality i was expecting. I much prefer Studio Fix or Select Sheer due to their good coverage and clean packaging.

I am glad i bought it a first time to try it out and such but i wouldn't say i would buy it again. If i could do things over, i would have still gotten it that first time because i like trying out MAC items and learning what works for me.

on 2/23/2010 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this product because everyone seemed to be raving about it, so I gave it a go.

I used it as a powder foundation as I don't need that much coverage. At the start of the day it was pretty and glowy, but by the end, I came home to my face looking super oily with redness and tiny whiteheads on my cheeks - and I've never broken out there before.

It's a good powder, but I wouldn't personally recommend it for oily, sensitive skin.

I believe that there are better powders out there - my favourite is the Bourjois compact powder.

I believe the Jojoba oil or bismuth could have irritated my skin.
x

on 2/17/2010 8:07:00 PM

I like this powder, but i think it's too expensive for what it is. I use this to set my liquid foundation, and it does that perfectly. It also does not break me out, and does not look cakey. Overall, it's just like your average powder that can be duped at a drugstore IMO. I will use mine up, but i will not buy it again. On it's own, it provides light coverage just to even out my skintone.

on 2/15/2010 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the finish of this so much, but I think it's breaking me out. I never EVER break out in big, deep cystic acne but this seems to be doing the trick. My skin is sensitive but my skincare regimen keeps it under control nicely. I really hope this isn't breaking me out, because their blushes make me break out wherever I apply them so I'm worried this is too. If it is I am going to be very disappointed because I do love this powder very much!

on 2/14/2010 7:24:00 AM

I wanted to buy MSF in refined or some color that would make my skin have some sort of a glow but I don't know how why I ended up getting this. I use bareminerals mineral veil as a setting powder which I'm very happy with, but I still got this one because .. I dunno. Anyway, the Mac lady put this on me and I was really pleased. I looked really polished and it toned down the blush I had applied earlier which sometimes I do have a problem with looking like a clown. But yah, I want to like it but I really don't because this product makes my face feel like I'm getting ready to fry a damn egg on it. Mac face stuff makes me oily and break out. This hasn't broken me out but I'm sure it will soon.

on 2/11/2010 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

This powder is not made for people with oily skin... Does no justice.. Returned it right away

This powder is perfect for those who want a powder to look like their actual skin and control oil. If you have quite a bit of acne/discolouration/redness, then you will have to use a lot more concealer. But this powder is great for those who have okay skin or perfect to use on an off day when those girls who want a heavier coverage do not feel like using a liquid foundation.
I had Studio Fix Powder and I will never go back, it was way too cakey, accentuated your pores and the coverage made it look as if you had a mask on your face.
I kind of want to take off one lippie because of the price, but I think that it really is worth the price.
This powder is exactley what it says it is; natural.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I do not understand all the good reviews, this powder makes my pores look huge and horrible. I think it has too much shimmer in it and will accentuate wrinkles and pores. Little bit of shimmer makes my skin glow and too much is very aging, so beware if your skin is not perfect. It is not a bad powder, just not for everyone... I love using Nars powders, they are expensive but do not look powdery and make my skin look flawless and airbrushed.

on 1/27/2010 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is meeh... nothing special. Definitely not worth the 30 something dollars (AUD) i paid for this. Reading some of the reviews on here i expected something BIG, something that regular lower end powders won't be able to offer. I seriously feel this gives me very little coverage when worn alone. I've tried using a big fluffy powder brush and a sponge applicator but didn't notice much difference. I've even tried wearing it over a tinted moisturizer, but felt it added no extra coverage. I feel ripped off ...... Although it did do a nice job at setting my foundation with a matte finish, but then again so did my Rimmel, Lo'real and Maxfactor powders. Yep you probably already guessed, i won't repurchase.

on 1/24/2010 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product because it is not a heavy coverage at all. If you use it over your foundation to set it it doesn't really add texture to it it just matte it down some but not much. If you have ok skin you can add concealer and afterwards add this powder and the finish look will look natural and not made up at all. If you are looking for something that gives you a heavier coverage like the studio fix + foundation powder this would not be it, but if your looking for something very light this is it.

Recommended for Normal Skin